Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Oct-07-20, 17:12

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Yesterday and today....

130.2 lbs....

Yesterday I did a good workout, 5 minute meditation/stretch, a 10 minute Barre class and a 25 minute bike ride at a high (for me) difficulty level and worked up a good sweat. I've been having that mental argument before my workouts, that little voice telling me to just 'take it easy' today, didn't listen to it yesterday but did today. Early this morning I did a 5 minute meditation/stretch class, 5 minute Barre class, and just a 15 minute bike ride although the bike ride was at a high difficulty level and was a vigorous workout with lots of hill climbs and cadence intervals. Mad at myself for losing the argument with the 'little voice', my plan had been to do a 30 minute ride, or at least a 20 minute.

I just did another 5 minute Barre class this afternoon with some really good stretches and a plank session that lasted a couple of minutes with lots of encouragement to pull in the abs and keep the intensity of the pose to help the core. I love that the instructors count the seconds down, it really helps me to hold the pose psychologically!
I've been noticing that I'm having less neck pain and just generally feel better all over since I've been doing the Barre classes. My goal has been to strengthen my core, abdomen and neck muscles and I think it's having an effect.
Just have to stay consistent and do the longer harder workouts and not let myself talk me out of it!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 14:27

Default So close...

130.0 lbs...

So I slacked off a little this week...did a workout every day but cut down on the length of the classes again...trying to get my workouts done early early after my hot hot shower and two cups of coffee but sometimes it's difficult and if I have something else going on in the mornings I feel pushed for time.
Anyway, starting today I'm getting my bike rides and Barre classes back to where I had them, at least a 20 to 30 minute ride and at least a 10 to 15 minute Barre class along with the 5 min. meditation/stretch classes I've been doing.

This morning's workout was a 5 min. stretch/meditation class, a 10 minute Barre with Ally, and when I picked my ride I didn't even consider the difficulty level but instead picked a ride with a great Playlist that I liked from the 90s, loved every song and it was a Cody class and he's always motivating. It was lots of uphills, some speed intervals, and a long period of being out of the saddle and the instructors always seem to know when to motivate me and yell louder just when I'm thinking, oh, I can't do this. 20 minute ride with a 5 minute cool down...perfect.

It was a good good workout...and lots of sweaty sanity...
Hoping for a wt. loss tomorrow morning...wt. loss goal date is Nov. 1! Only 5 more lb. to go....
I intend to get more determined and work harder and burn more calories....I can get there.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 10:54

Default Good workout this morning....

129.6 lbs...

Had an awesome workout this morning....I'm using my mantra of 'Just do it...' while I propel myself forward to my workout room and 'Just do it...' I have a specific time frame in the mornings to accomplish my goal and that really helps. I also planned last evening what my workout would be this morning and I felt like I had to stick with it, that helps too.
Wt. loss this morning was just proof to me that my hard work is paying off...it's a little rigid right now but I'm so close to my goal, then I'll be able to relax just a little and start the balancing act of maintenance.
This morning I did a 5 minute meditation/stretching class, a 10 minute Barre class, then a 30 minute Cody XOXO ride that I did 'live' about a month ago, the music Playlist is fun and lively and the difficulty level was high but I did my best, kept my heart rate where I wanted it, and sweated up a storm. Love this ride and it was even more fun when I did it 'live'....
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-20, 09:47

Default Good one...

129.0 lbs...

So two days ago I did a really difficult sweaty 35 minute bike ride (because it was time after two easier days). Then yesterday did just an easy day with a 25 minute low impact ride and a 5 minute Barre class. This morning I added some time back and did a 35 minute low impact class and met all of the parameters from Hannah C. It was perfect along with a 10 minute Barre class and 5 minute meditation stretch. I'm getting so regimented in my old age but I've settled into a time frame where I do my workouts during one hour only...it's starting to really feel like a habit.
I shove any hint out of my mind of that little voice telling me I don't feel like working out and have replaced it with a mantra of 'Just do it...' Just propel my feet down the stairs and get into my workout and don't hesitate...and it really helps to have a set time early in the morning. I've also created a private quiet area of my own to do my meditation, yoga, Barre, Peleton rides with all of the atmosphere I need...right down to the dribbling water and incense wisps....I need all of the help and motivation I can get!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 15:08

Default Need to sweat a little....

So the last few days I haven't even worked up a sweat on my bike rides and over the weekend I did very easy rides...I just felt a little off with not a lot of energy so I opted for easy 20 minute rides which are great for an easy day following a hard ride...but not every day.

This morning I did an easy 20 minute ride, 5 min. cool down ride with Hannah C. and it was great with lots of her stretches she does at the end of the ride and with the cool down ride....and I did a 10 minute Barre class along with a 5 minute meditation/stretch session...it was a perfect workout hour.

But tomorrow I have to do a harder ride, at least a 30 minute ride so I'll pick the ride by the music playlist, maybe a good theme ride and something fun like a Broadway musical playlist. I might try a different new instructor for fun although I love the instructors I do all the time...Trying to find that 'maintenance' balance!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-20, 11:30

Default Back to it....

After doing lots of major house work last weekend including floor scrubbing I had tweaked my lower right back so I took two days off of bike riding and Barre classes although I continued to do some very light stretching.
Back pain is gone so this morning I did a 5 minute meditation/stretching class, a 10 minute Barre class, and a 20 minute low impact ride with a 5 minute cool down ride. I hit the #200 ride mark!!
It felt good to be riding again after a two day break and I was very happy with this mornings work out...I'll increase the difficulty level gradually but I've relaxed a little on the expectations I've had of myself while I was in wt. loss mode and I've decided as long as I'm putting time in with exercising and moving my body it doesn't always have to be a barn burner exercise session!
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Nov-05-20, 11:35

Default Day #4.....

126.8 lbs...

So one of the psychological tricks I've been doing is after my hot hot shower early in the morning is I go ahead and put on my cycling shorts before I head back to the kitchen to fix my breakfast and put my neck salve and lotion on. So when I might have any hesitation about going to the workout room to get my exercise done I think to myself 'I'm all dressed for exercise so I need to just do it'.....Its a lot harder to talk myself out of it and take my exercise clothes off and not exercise than it is to just do it.
Adjusting to maintenance mode since I reached my wt. goal 10/23 has been surprisingly difficult for me this time and one thing I've done is to take some of the pressure off of myself with my workouts now that the frenzy of losing mode is over. I'm certainly doing my workouts consistently and doing at least an hour every day but the difficulty/time levels I've decreased and if I don't feel like doing a really difficult ride or a longer Barre class I don't.
This morning's workout was nice, I did my usual 5 minute meditation/stretching class, then a 5 minute Barre class, and a 5 minute plank yoga class. Then did a low impact 20 minute bike ride. It was perfect. Amy with the Barre class and Cody for the rest. Got my heart rate in the mid 120s which is where I wanted it.

Last edited by LadySage : Fri, Nov-06-20 at 14:53.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Nov-05-20, 12:13

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Had to look up 'Barre Class'. Sounds look you have found a great method to override the lazy voice.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Nov-06-20, 14:56

Default Every little thing...

Sniggle - Yes, every little thing I can use to help me stay motivated helps!
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Nov-06-20, 15:23

Default Day #5 back on SS'ing....

126.0 lbs...

Workout this morning was perfect, 5 minute meditation/stretch/yoga class, 5 minute Barre class with planks, and a medium difficulty bike class of 20 minutes that gave me a slight sweat and a heart rate into the high 120s range.

My new outlook on my workout classes now that I've reached maintenance mode is working well, I don't feel like I have to kill myself with the high difficulty level rides now. The important thing is to be doing the workouts consistently and putting in the time on the bike and doing the Barre classes, and strengthening my core and neck muscles. And how I feel....dealing with osteoarthritis is a challenge and I feel better now than I have in a long time....
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-20, 13:03

Default Easier day...

126.2 lbs...

Changed my routine a bit with the usual 5 minute meditation/stretch/yoga/plank class with Cody, then did a 10 minute Barre for a little more strength training, then 10 minute bike ride with some hills and fairly high resistance, followed by a 5 minute stretch/cool down ride both with Hannah C. Thinking about adding a 5 minute plank class later today. I'm loving that the 'losing' pressure is off and now it's just dealing with maintenance which is hard enough....but I don't feel like I have to kill myself on the bike. Just get on it every day for consistency and to get my body moving....I'd like to concentrate a little more on the strength training of the Barre classes and increase the length of the classes....
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-20, 15:01

Default In the routine...

124.0 lbs...

So since I made my weight goal 10/23 I've cut down a little on the intensity and length of my workouts...I'm concentrating on consistency (I'm in my work out room every day)...and how I'm feeling physically and I'm not killing myself on the Peleton, just doing at least 15 or 20 minute rides, most of them at low impact. It's still a good ride with some hills so it isn't all easy and my heart rate gets up into the high 120s where I want it.

The Barre classes are usually a 10 minute class but this morning I did a Barre class that was a 5 minute primarily stretching session. Started this early morning's workout with my usual 5 minute meditation/yoga/stretching class, then the Barre class followed by a low impact 20 minute bike ride with Hannah C. (she's so motivating and I love the stretching she incorporates into her rides and her music choices!) I've added to my daily workouts an evening 5 minute meditation class/stretching with Cody, and a 5 minute 'plank' yoga class with Ross.

Really don't want my wt. to drop any further so I think changing my workout routine will help me with that.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Nov-17-20, 17:13

Default Changed a little...

Still doing my workouts every early morning but I've lessened the intensity now that I've reached maintenance, again.
Consistency is the key for me so I'm at it every day except for taking a rest day from the bike one day a week.
I'm now doing a 10 minute meditation/stretch/yoga class instead of a 5 minute class, still doing a 10 minute Barre class for strengthening, and either a 15 or 20 minute class on the bike. If I feel like it I'm doing a plank class in the evenings at least every other day.
This change feels good and the stretching, strengthening and planks are so good for my low back and neck although I'm very careful not to strain my neck at all....so I've really tailored what I'm doing just for me.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-20, 13:28

Default Increasing a little...

124.0 lbs...

Planned last night what I was going to do with my workout this morning and didn't deviate from it.
First did 10 minutes of meditation class with stretches and a few yoga poses that I love to do to stretch my low back out.
Followed by a 10 minute Barre class where I felt like I did my best and got the benefit of it. Loving the core strengthening.
Then followed a vigorous low impact 20 minute bike ride with Cody and some good music.
Felt so good afterwards but not exhausted and that's my goal....and consistency.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-21, 17:57

Default Almost there...

This morning's workout was a good one...I think it's really becoming a habit to just get out of bed, eat my fruit, then 20 minutes later the rest of my breakfast and coffee. Then a very hot shower and immediately putting my workout clothes on. I just go through the motions before I can talk myself out of my workout and now I'm not really thinking about it any more, I just do it.
Yoga/stretching with Cody: 5 minutes
Barre with Hannah: 5 minutes (with a little plank thrown in)
Bike ride with Cody: 20 minutes (and a good sweat) This ride is pretty vigorous with some difficult resistance but I can do the parameters he sets and I try for the top limit of resistance.