Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/134/110
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Determined to make it work this time!

Having tried low-carbing for a few weeks last Sep with great success, I can't exactly consider myself as a newbie. I remembered I felt great..lost quite a bit of weight and able to fit in my new clothes..never mind that my brother often teased me about my bad breath(He used to say that my breath could kill all living things within a mile).

Unfortunately, I got a new boss at work. He's one whom you might describe as verbally abusive. Being a fresh graduate, I wanted my first job to work out.. so I beared with all his nonsense. After the end of each stressful working day, I wanted something comforting..and that's right, I turned to carb-loaded food..the worst kinds..chocolates,cakes,sweets...anything that my filthy hands had laid on.

Before I even had the chance to say "Uh oh", I gained back all the weight I have lost...and alot more extra pounds. Whenever I met my friends(Those that congratulated me when I lost weight) on the streets,they all gave me that weird look. Must be thinking that I have set a record in gaining weight so fast. My relatives never failed to comment on why I can be twice my petite's sister's size when we are both 'produced in the same factory'. My self-esteem plummeted and my weight continued to soar..I began to think I'm doomed to be the fat and ugly gal forever..

After feeling miserable for the past few months, I finally couldn't take it! No, I'm not deciding to do something foolish like committing suicide..I just decided I wanted my life back. I wanted my happiness(and my trim waist!!)!! I tendered my resignation first,feeling quite satisfied to see my boss practically begging me to stay on. But after all that verbal abuse?! Hell no!

Next, I'm going to clean up my diet. I'm not starting tomorrow, I'm starting now. In fact, I have already cleared the cupboards of all temptations!(Bye bye,evil oreo cookies! ). Now, armed with some butter and a few eggs,I'm going to make myself some delicious fried eggs! Yummy yummy..

Guyz, please give me a second chance at low-carbing!I promise it's going to work this time!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 05:42

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yeah!

Taking charge of your life and feeling good about your decisions is a big step ahead.

Welcome to the forum!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 07:00

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

OF COURSE you can have a second chance and as many more as you need! You have only to read some journals to know that almost all people start, restart and restart over & over again. After all, that's what Atkins says to do: Induction is the secret weapon we have when a few pounds creep on.

I see that you have read Body for Life as well so it looks as though you are planning some exercise too. You may eventually want to revise your target number as you get close because you can gain sleek, lean muscle tissue on this way of eating and from exercising. So you could BE just as slim but weigh more than you expect. Don't get hung up on the stupid inaccurate metal monster and the number of pounds - go by how you look and feel.

Ignore your brother - threaten to breathe on him until his hair melts! - and you go for it girl. You have made several BIG and very IMPORTANT decisions and your WILL succeed.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 07:44
Registered Member

Stats: 140/134/110
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Today's the end of my second day and I'm feeling kinda weak and having a slight headache. But from past experiences, I know it will all go away after a few days!

Yup,I have worked out an exercise plan. Around 30-45 mins cardio for 6 times and weight-training 3 times a week.

Quote:
You may eventually want to revise your target number as you get close because you can gain sleek, lean muscle tissue on this way of eating and from exercising. So you could BE just as slim but weigh more than you expect. Don't get hung up on the stupid inaccurate metal monster and the number of pounds - go by how you look and feel.

Thanks for the advice!Almost forgot about this important factor, one might weigh more than they look because of the muscles. I'll adjust my unrealistic target weight.

When I'm feeling great,I won't mind my brother's teasing. At most I'll shut him up by shoving some pieces of bread into his mouth!