Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 07:11

Plan: South Beach now Atkins before
Stats: 232/228/190 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default What does everyone eat when on the go for Breakfast?

What does everyone eat when on the go for Breakfast? Any drive thru suggestions? There is a "dutchess" close by and the have REAL breakfast food but it all requires a "sit down" eat with a fork.

Thats the only meal I cant seem to get right. Unless I stay home and have a good breakfast bacon eggs type.

I'm starting all over again. I let things get out of hand and added a few lbs.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 07:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/168/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hello. I sometimes stop in at McDonald's and get their bacon/egg/cheese biscuit - and throw away the biscuit (which is hard 'cause they're so tasty). Hello.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 08:17

BF:

Oh yeah there's and idea!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 293/281.5/160
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool I love quick ideas!

I started making mini quiche in muffin tins. I buy the foil liners so I have very easy clean up and I can grab one and go!

I make it with Eggs, spinach, bacon or sausage. I have left out the spinach and used mushroons and shrimp. I sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top before baking and they are really YUMMY!

I do beat my eggs with a little cream before adding the other ingredients.

I make about a dozen at a time for breakfast all week.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 09:35

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey there.......

I'm definately a high protein/low carb shake for breakky kinda person! It's quick and easy and can be packed along with me if need be.

Another suggestion would be to "think outside of the box" and have non breakfast type breakfast. Leftover chicken breast, burger patties, slices of roast beef all make excellent 'grab and run' type foods. Not to mention hard boiled eggs if you really want to stick with traditional breakky type food.

HTH
Marlaine

P.S. Check the Recipe Forum for more Breakfast ideas here:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?forumid=96&s=
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 09:59

BF:
Default Re: I love quick ideas!

Now that sounds good!!
Could you spell out the recipie for a quichely challenged guy? Mmmm I can almost taste them now.

Quote:
Originally posted by mwallace29
I started making mini quiche in muffin tins. I buy the foil liners so I have very easy clean up and I can grab one and go!

I make it with Eggs, spinach, bacon or sausage. I have left out the spinach and used mushroons and shrimp. I sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top before baking and they are really YUMMY!

I do beat my eggs with a little cream before adding the other ingredients.

I make about a dozen at a time for breakfast all week.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/168/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 65%
Talking

I'm new to this plan and it just boggles my mind - it just seems "wrong" to eat so well. *giggle*
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/303/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Here is the link to the recipe for the Egg "Mock" Muffin I have been making for me and my husband. We can grab two on the way out the door with a large mug of water. You dont have to just use sausage you can use bacon, just cheese, spinach, etc. They have been life savers for hubby cause he has to leave so early.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/breakfast102.html

Hope this helps.

TTFN
Babybear
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 293/281.5/160
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool Quiche Recipe

Mine is really similar to the recipe posted. I do not use the baking powder. And I beat the eggs really good and then stir in the rest of the ingredients (including the meat) before putting it in the muffin tins.

One Tip......it is well worth buying the foil baking liners (I think I bought a whole pack at Walmart for .98) and then spray lightly with olive oil. It makes clean up a breeze!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 16:11

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

When I am in a hurry and know that I will be much of the time it helps me to prepare something in advance that I can grab out of the fridge and eat--egg salad, tuna salad, for example.

I also can nuke up a cereal made of special Bran Crackers that are from Norway and have so much fiber in them that it cancels out the carbs! Put in the micorwave for one minute with milk and butter and eat quickly. Nuke leftovers.

Like Marlaine said above, it has also helped me to think "outside the box" and I have eaten "traditional" breakfast things at other meals and "traditional" lunch or dinner things at breakfast.

Good luck to you!

Natalie
Attached Images
File Type: gif water330.gif (8.5 KB, 172 views)
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 16:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

At McDonalds, you can order, for about $1.50

A side order of scrambled eggs
A side order of bacon
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 186/152/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

In the mornings, while I am getting ready, I put several slices of bacon on a microwave bacon cooker, put it in for approx. 5 minutes (or until done). By the time I am heading out the door, I grab a paper towel, wrap up the bacon and eat them on my way to work! Along with a piece of string cheese. This is my quick and easy "on plan" breakfast! Keeps me out of those tempting fast food lines!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:33

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Breakfast on the go....

Boiled eggs
String cheese or cheese slices
Roast beef spread with cream cheese and rolled up
Leftover meat from last night's dinner
Protein shake
2 sausage McMuffins with egg, toss the muffins

I will often put some homemade flax cereal in a small plastic bowl with butter and Splenda, then just add hot water after I get to work and eat.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:54

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 213/177/174
BF:
Progress: 92%

I have a protein shake a lot of the time instead of a breakfast. Many times especially on weekends when I am out doing stuff in the morning I will have McDonalds. Sausage McMuffin with egg and not eat the muffin. I have mastered eating that and driving. i have also put it in my FitDay custom foods with half the muffin. It is 382 cal, 16 carbs, 18 protein, and 1 fiber with half the muffin. I got the info from there website. Its not the greatest cause you could have a sausage and cheese omelette for less calories and less carbs, but it works when your on the go.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 13:29

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

I buy the pre cooked bacon at Costco. For $6.00 you get the same amount of bacon as you would out of 3 lbs...and you don't have the grease to deal with!!! Great if you are on the run.

I also like Flax-O-Meal sometimes as a change and its quick! The butter pecan is really good. I buy it over the internet. Its pretty much the only allowable hot cereal we should have. Flax meal is very high in fiber and protein and also high in some omega fatty acids (which is a good thing) and is only ablut 2 carbs per serving.

I also like to make a sort of antipasto for breakfast...I know I'm wierd!- take sliced tomato & cuke with Genoa salami (I get mine from Costco) and maybe some sliced ham. Put a vinegrette over it. I usually eat it at my desk at work. Ken's Italian is great!

Protein shakes can be life savers!

just my 2 cents!!! Judi