Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 05:21
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeska
I have started on the kimkins diet today ...
i wanted to add that there are a ton of women on this forum that has knowledge of the Kimkin diet... and the class action suit against her.
perhaps you should check out their journals, and learn about kimkins.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 05:36

Plan: low carb/IF
Stats: 206/182/168 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

so glad i found this thread!!! any of you original - or new posters out there? i would really LOE some recipes!!!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 13:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/250/175 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 7%

hi....i am from gujarat...and new to LCing....i am tryin to find out a way to do ATKINS the INDIAN way...
prob is u dnt get most of the veggies here on the atkins induction list....fed up of eggs only...m a non veggie bt dont eat NV all the time...can ne1 from india help me put with this...i mean stuff that i can eat nd is easily available in india...ready to go n search supermarkets if u hv any brands that u prefer on LCs....thanx in advance
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-08, 04:10

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 240/225.5/160 Female 172 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Ketostix in Chennai?

Hi,

I'm recently diagnosed as diabetic, and am going low-carb. Are Ketostix available in India, particularly in Chennai, or is there something similar available here?

Thanks
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 08:18
Registered Member

Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Chennai gal,
Well I found Ketostix in Calcutta so I guess they should definitely be available in Chennai. But I must warn you, these strips are notoriously succeptible to humidity and if I know about Chennai atall, I know that humidity is pretty much a constant. So, I suggest you dont worry about the stix much, just get down to LCing, be strict and firm with yourself (discipline, discipline!!!) and try to work some exercise into your daily routine.
All the best.
Anu
  #126   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:

This is a PS to my previous post.....
I notice from your profile that you haven't read any LC books, just basing your decision on internet data.
Well, that's your decision and I dont want to knock the net...I've found some amazing info myself on the internet, but i strongly suggest that you do SOME reading to understand the science behind LC. That way, the motivation is likely to be higher, you will know the major food composition of the stuff we commonly eat and you can go INTO the subject, if you know what I mean.
Diabetes is horrible, perhaps the worst disease anyone can possible have. I should know - I lost my mother to diabetes related complications, and it's the one disease I personally fear the most. So investing in a book is a small price to pay if it keeps you healthy.
(Sorry, my PS became longer than the actual post, but I feel very strongly about this)
All the best in your quest to beat - ugh- diabetes.
Anu
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-09, 00:27

Plan: lacto-ovo moderate carb
Stats: 163/147/141 Female 5 ft 5 "
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi. I'm from India too.
Currently living in Chennai. Not doing low-carb but have reduced carbs considerably and quit sugar and refined white flour (maida).
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 23:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/194/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

I know its been almost 6 years. But now am in need of support from a fellow LCing Indian. Any one out there????
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 07:04
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,
Yup, very much out here....here as in calcutta, India.

What kind of support are u looking for? For starters, I would seriously suggest you read the Atkin's book. Understand the science behind LC, get an idea of what food's should be off the radar, etc etc etc..... For the rest, we're here!
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 23:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 194/194/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi Anu,
I have read the book(skimmed through most parts of it). I live in bangalore.

Am doing induction. This is my 3rd attempt. And the previous two times I gave in to carbs coz I was not able to be creative enough with my induction meals. I have never moved beyond induction.

This is day 3 of induction for me and I plan on staying on it for 3 months.

Any ideas? What did you eat during induction.

And one more thing. Is sheekh kebab allowed during induction?
  #131   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 04:48
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,
For one thing, it REALLY helps to be a non veggie and from your query on seekh kababs, it seems you are one, so hip hip hurray on THAT front!!!
The second thing about managing to stay on the wagon, er....induction, is to plan ahead. Load up the fridge with stuff like sausages, bacon, ham, salami, kababs (seekh or otherwise!), cheese (I find that having cheese slices or cubes available readily at hand helps a lot), eggs, butter and the low carb veggies (cucumber, saag, etc).
The third thing (not necessarily in order of priority) is to unlearn our bias against fats. The thing is, we've been brainwashed into hating everything to do with butter and oil. And the tendency is to cheat on the "fats" part of Atkins diet and hope to make up the deficit with increased protein. But we'll not be doing our kidneys a favour by overdosing on proteins. So believe in Atkin uncle, eat the reccommended portion of fats (additional benefit is that fats keep you feeling full for a lot longer).
Wish you the very best and all success!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, May-17-11, 17:26

Plan: Atkins DANDR- Induction
Stats: 155/158.0/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: -9%

Anyone know the carb count for 'Amchuran' (dried mango powder). Do you know what I can use in lieu of it to make mint chutney?

I tried making it with dill but it turned out pretty aweful. Maybe lemon or vinegar with some splenda?

Anybody have a good mint chutney recipe without the amchuran? thanks
  #133   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-12, 06:49

Stats: 160/160/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi!

I know the last post on this thread was a long time ago, but anyone out there living in India and doing Atkins?
  #134   ^
Old Thu, May-10-12, 04:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 170/170/132 Female 5feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default In New Delhi India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidya71
Hi!

I know the last post on this thread was a long time ago, but anyone out there living in India and doing Atkins?

Hi Vidya,

I joined today. Am based in New Delhi. LC for the past 7 months and really struggling with it Mainly because of the variety and quality in the meats available here.
Do share your experience and maybe we could find some useful info to swap.

Sarah
  #135   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 21:47

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

According to this page, it's 1 gram of carbs per 5 grams of amuchran
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/c...an-food-6863194

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul
Anyone know the carb count for 'Amchuran' (dried mango powder). Do you know what I can use in lieu of it to make mint chutney?

I tried making it with dill but it turned out pretty aweful. Maybe lemon or vinegar with some splenda?

Anybody have a good mint chutney recipe without the amchuran? thanks