Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 09:37

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default The truth behind the most popular diet trends of the moment

from the Mayo Clinic this summer! So you gotta BELIEVE.

Mayo Clinic says...

Quote:
Thinking about jumping on the Whole30, ketogenic diet, anti-inflammatory diet or intermittent fasting bandwagon? Read this first.

Yeah, that's all I needed to hear. What does this bastion of Western Medicine think? Hahahahaha, I'm glad you asked.

Quote:
Whole30
Mayo's verdict: Not only does it cut out foods that most Americans should eat less of, like added sugars, but it also eliminates healthy foods, including whole grains, dairy and legumes. A more sustainable approach: Don't cut out food groups. Enjoy the variety, including dessert — as long as it's occasional.

Moderation! This advice has been repeated so incessantly it can now be seen from space.

Quote:
Ketogenic diet
Mayo's verdict: While the ketogenic diet may be recommended for some people with uncontrolled epilepsy, the high fat content — and especially the high level of unhealthy saturated fat — combined with limits on nutrient-rich fruits, veggies and grains is a concern for long-term heart health.

It's ONLY for people with uncontrolled epilepsy! Who have all died from lack of hearthhealthywholegrains.

Quote:
Anti-inflammatory diet
How it works: While there is no single anti-inflammatory diet, the general approach is a balanced diet full of fresh, wholesome foods. The diet calls for lots of colorful fruits and vegetables, whole grains, fish, tea (instead of coffee), and even dark chocolate and red wine. Fast food? Off the menu.

Guess what? Mayo calls this a Mediterranean diet and we all know how much established nutrition lurves them some Mediterranean. It's just that fast food that's the problem! Eat it in moderation

Quote:
Intermittent fasting

Mayo's verdict: There's simply not enough research (yet) to support or debunk this trend, and shortening your eating window may make it difficult to get the vitamins and minerals you need.

Booga-booga. The more you eat, the more vitamins and minerals you get! So pile on the bread and pasta instead of that nasty meat. Don't forget those soy-based products, which are sooooo Mediterranean.

PLANT-BASED my behind. Which is looking a lot better, along with the rest of me, when I ignore professional advice.

Shrinking my plant content to near zero did amazing autoimmune things (now in remission), KILLED cravings, let me meet and go past my weight loss goals (I am finally at the weight I should have been my whole adult life and never was), and this strategy is continuing to help me rebuild both my and DH's health.

Continuing research keeps pointing to the conclusion first articulated by Dr. Terry Wahls, who put her MS in remission with a keto plan. 90% of the chronic disease sufferers on the planet can get better. Because Parkinson's, MS, inflammatory heart disease, stroke, and a large percentage of cancer: it's all what we eat.

Or don't eat.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 12:01

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

All of those colorful fruit, but it's not the same
as eating real sugar!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 12:22

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
All of those colorful fruit, but it's not the same
as eating real sugar!

Yeah, whole grains are the methadone of sugar
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 14:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Love it!

I stopped looking to ANY mainstream medical sources for nutrition info...... can you say "dark ages"....lol