Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Husband with CFIDS starting Atkins

Well, two months ago I started low carbing, offering myself as an experiment, and my energy has gone up while my weight has gone down. Since this is something my DH could also use, he's getting his blood tested this week and then starting, not with Induction, but with a slightly higher level because of his precarious health (CFIDS for six years, unable to work.)
Any advice or encouragement for him? I've very psyched up over the possible health benefits, goodness knows not a lot helps him.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 19:58

Plan: Atkin's Modified
Stats: 184/176/150 Female 65"
BF:32%
Progress: 24%

I've had CFS for almost three years. The first two were awful but then I stopped listening to the doctor. Atkins or actually no sugar and no flour have made drastic improvements in my energy level and overall health. I found aspartame from diet sodas was causing alot of the muscular aches and pains so I quit drinking it and am about 98% improved there.

I can work, walk, talk, and stay awake. I also have epstein-barr virus which complicated the matters. But it is mostly undercontrol and have been able to lose weight now since I've got CFS under control.

Short-term memory is returning and concentration has improved along with my speech. I owe it to the Atkin's way of eating and supplements.

L-carnitine
CLA
potassium
magnesium
malic acid
stress tab with zinc
b-12 shots (but I don't have to have them anymore)

I wish your husband luck and he should improve with the way of eating.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

My husband has been moving into more and more Atkins now, since we agreed he'd shouldn't try Induction. The fewer shocks the better.
His clothes are getting baggy (we don't own a scale) his sleep has improved, and while he did have a relapse last week, it seemed to end sooner than usual.
I have my fingers crossed over this...the amazing part to me is that he seems to be reacting to it the same way I did, such as:

*his tastes changing to where when he breaks down and has a goodie, it doesn't taste as good!

*he fills up faster, and stays full longer

*his energy seems to have improved

*he craves things that are allowed on Atkins

He's declaring his further intentions of keeping on with this new way of eating, and I'm so thrilled!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 10:01

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

That is great that this WOE is helping your hubby. It is nice you are doing it together also.

Have a good day.

Linda