Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1366   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-22, 07:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am in my own little world right now

post up later

all good just going more radio silent cause I NEED IT ya know but all fine I guess LOL

back later when life hits chat up time for this ol' gal. just kinda tired and over it all in a way. not bad way but just my way
Sponsored Links
  #1367   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-22, 07:23

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

I think it is going to be sunny here and cooler as well! Fall REALLY is here!

Lori- HAHAHAH- I thought you were going to WATCH YT on your device! LOLOL- Shows you how much I know about all that! NADA.

I tell ya Covid is seeming to have had a comeback here too! I have a friend right now who has it- and BAD! She was vaxed and boosted TWICE! - doesn't matter. She is feeling BAD too. Urghhhhhh. I think going forward we will be dealing with various version of C forever. It isn't going anywhere! Life before Covid! Good times! Too think, 2 years ago we were all locked down and a good day was when you scored an 18 roll pack of toilet paper! I remember going to multiple stores to find some. Then when I did- ya I did hoard it. But I also SHARED it. At least we aren't there!

Well have some fun in your last tourney of the season. I am surprised you are not more excited!????- What up with that? Does the golf course shut down over the winter? I see people playing here year round.

Nic
- How goes it up in DE?!?!? How was the musical? You play BINGO?!? Where do you play? Is there a club house or something?
Did you ever find anything new stuff in Rehoboth Tanger outlets?

I know it's pretty now in your area! I would love a beach pic!
When is hubby joining you?

TRIG- hey there! You there?!?!?!? Saving your spot! - insert text here ........................ lololol...................Hoping all is well.
----------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday the sun came out for all of a few hours. Long enough for me to go to the pool area and grill out with my neighbor. Bess her she went to a butcher and got 2-inch-thick strips! It was really good!
She made rum/ sparkling water with a pinch of lime - just one, so we had happy hour, and it was fun.

After that I came back here and watched the Downton Abby Movie. I have seen the entire season, but not any of the 2 movies. So, I watched the first one. It had a sad ending. I will watch the other one sometime soon.

So my DD and I scheduled a walk and picnic for this upcoming Friday. I just texted her that we are going to get the full brunt of a CAT 1 hurricane on Friday. Always SOMETHING! Dang I am missing her! Hopefully we can move it up.

The storm is expected to pick up some super strength and hit FL and come right up the middle of GA and turn at SC and move up the coast. It is not expected to down grade much in GA. So......... Friday is off the table. I am watching it pretty close. Although I feel really safe in my apt. I just can't DRIVE in a hurricane! I was in St. Simon during a Tropical Storm and it was sorta cool the way it churns up the sea! The shells that come up on the beach are so cool after a churning like that.

I am STILL playing with 2 pounds. Up 2 down 2, up 1 down 1. STALLING right here. Even so, I am staying the course. I know at some point my body will adjust and start to drop again. I did lose 47 pounds pretty quick I think. I am chomping at the bit to call it 50!!!!! But here I sit! Then I will take it at 10-pound increments. I know that I could EASY take off another 25!

Today- Sunny and going to the be a pretty day! I have dog park on tap at 11- 12. Ruger love to go! All the pups get along that go at that time. We dog parents all get along too! I look forward to seeing the "crew". There are about 8 of us that rotate in and out on any given day. All are either retired or work from home and have that flexibility to go. I will miss that if I go to the clinic!

Speaking of work. I really need to put down some feelers again. I should hear today/tomorrow latest regarding the Emory position. It is really a great hospital system. One of the best in the country! So, to get my foot in the door would be awesome. Ranks right up there with Cleaveland Clinc, Mayo Clinic, Vanderbilt. All teaching hospitals. So....... I wait. Meanwhile I am going to check out a couple more companies I was SUPPOSED to look at this weekend and blew off. Lolololol

Today- stew meat- not sure if it's still good to cook up. I need to open the package and do a smell check. If no - no problem, I bought a 9 pounds of chuck beef yesterday waiting to be put in one-pound bags to the freezer. I will just keep one of those out.

Other than all that. Lots of moving parts right now. But its all good!

Back at ya later- if anything updates!
  #1368   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-22, 08:17

BF:

Trig- You posted as I was still writing my book! I am sending good vibes your way! Rest up and feel fetter!
We will be here when you are up for it!
  #1369   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-22, 08:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

It's a bummer that Covid is making a resurgence. I am so over it! Hopefully I will be in the clear since I had it in- whatever month that was- June? July? At any rate I should be good to go hopefully for this trip to Hawaii in a week and a half or so.

Other than that not a whole lot going on. I am going to run a couple of errands today and maybe go hang out at the beach for a little bit because it's a high of 77 and sunny with a cloudless sky. I have some reading to do for my class tomorrow so the beach is as good of a place as any to do that.

I went out with a friend last night to dinner and to a musical skit show. We had a fun time. Bingo is tomorrow at the clubhouse. I haven't done it yet but I hear it's fun. It's BYOB. 10 bucks to play for the night.

Jaz I hope you're able to get together with your daughter. Owning her own business, hopefully she has some flexibility in scheduling. I don't know what the drive time is for you all to meet though. I hope that the hurricane affects that you have are minimal.

Trig I'm sorry you're feeling a little under the weather emotionally. It happens sometimes though, and space can be good. Come back to us when you feel up to it!

Lori hope all goes well with Betty today and you have fun golfing tomorrow.

Not much else to report. All is well here. I'll see DH next Sunday because he's traveling over the weekend. I'll be headed home this weekend and packing up for Hawaii. Bella gets taken to the dog sitter on Tuesday and we fly out Wednesday. So just over a week!
  #1370   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-22, 05:44

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Cloudy & chilly out there this morning. Good news.....someone else dropped out of the golf tournament, so they don't need me. They need an even number since it's a partner type thing, so unless someone else drops....I'm out. I really didn't want to play in it. The golf wouldn't have been bad, but it's the dinner and business meeting after that is torture. I wouldn't have gotten home till after 8 tonight. That's almost my bedtime!

I think I'll just putter around and do some laundry etc. and pray that the phone doesn't ring to tell me I'm playing golf this afternoon.

---------

Trig....Hope you're feeling better today. We're here when you're ready to come back.

Jaz......Fingers crossed on the job front. How nice of your neighbor to sponsor happy hour at the pool! Hope something works out for you to get together with the kids.

Nic....How exciting that your Hawaii trip is coming up soon! How long will you be there? I forget the details......how many islands etc? The last time we were there we spent time on 3 different islands and had a great time. Have fun at bingo!

----------

Having a leisurely morning and enjoying my coffee. Wishing you all a good day!
  #1371   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-22, 07:55

BF:

Hey all!

Lori I hope you get to skip it! Sounds like it isn't on your list of things you want to do!

Trig- hope all is well and Jaz- I expect you are checking in soon.

Had a really nice day yesterday. Lots of time on the beach and tons of dolphins out. Headed back today for more beach time. I then have my class at 2:30 and Bingo tonight at the clubhouse at 7pm.

Played a bit of pb last night too, and had a couple of dog walks. The sore right foot continues and I mostly just ignore it. Super aggravating!

Not much else to contribute really. Just be-bopping along!
  #1372   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-22, 12:23

BF:

Good afternoon!

What a day and it's only 1:45 pm! OVER today!

Lori- I am SHOCKED you aren't into the tourney. I didn't know though it comes with obligations. I would not be into that either! Play the game then then out would be what I do as well!

Are you scheduled for any more play time? Did you say if they play year round?
Did you get your watch yet?

I swept off my 10x5 foot tiny patio and wished I had a swing like you do! LOVE it, as fall is perfect to swing! You are blessed! And to think a year ago you were considering apt hunting! It sure worked out well! I'm glad! So happy for you!

I bet apples would smell good in your kitchen. I know you make homemade applesauce too! I love the smells of fall. Hate winter but love the smell of Fall!

Nic
- You are killing me with the BINGO games! Girl- save it for 20 years from now!!!!!!
With your foot have you gotten orthotics made for your feet??????? Worth every penny if you can swing it. Most insurance will pay for those as well! Plus do not go barefoot! I have PF as you know, and it goes for a minute and then I get lazy and go barefoot a bit and boom - pain. It just never goes away. Spend money on your feet- only have 2, and they carry you everywhere.

So, wow your trip is seriously around the corner. Who all is going? Give up updates on where you are staying, going and all the good stuff! What are you wearing? How long is the flight? DETAILS! Another trip on the board! YEAH!!!!!!!!

I am loving you have a sweet get away!

TRIG
- Please plan a get away! You know like I do how much the beach restores you. HOWEVER, we have a hurricane sweeping our way. It will last one day and move up the coast! Plan that much needed change of venue!!!!!
Keeping your spot! I know I have spoken about Vitamin D- worth a look. I take it myself as I am so affected by SAD come about Nov. I have already started taking it.

I know you have a stuff! Holding your spot! XOXOX
----------------------------------------------------------------

I was told verbally today I did NOT get the job I was holding out for. I am going to put it in email as it is a sensitive reason. My jaw hit the floor. I am beyond upset. - will get to email in a few.

I am needing a change of venue myself right now. I am pretty upset and just need a reset. I will be ok. No worries. But holy sh!t. OK- I am just going to say it. I was told by the manager I had the position; she was putting it in PRIOR to her leaving for a week. Then she texted me privately on her cell that her director told her there was an issue with the paperwork. Do not submit before she left. So, she said in her text that she would submit first thing when she got back. I gave her yesterday to do that.
I reached out to her via email- this morning. She stepped out into the parking lot to call me and tell me that her boss wants more diversity in the workplace. She said she could not put it writing. I am more than qualified, but the wrong color. So there you have it. A "Karen" doesn't get a job she can do in her sleep!

Yeah, I am pissed beyond words. That is all I am saying on here. I am processing what just happened. I am so tempted to call it quits in nursing. Thing it I really need that salary right now. I can't/ won't go back to travel nursing. I am getting to tired for all that. It might be time?

Dam- just dam.

It's ok- I am going to be alright somehow. I always am. But right now I really need to think about it all.

BBBE- Beef, Butter, Bacon and Eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #1373   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-22, 13:40

BF:

Jaz......So sorry about the job......that is just BS! Maddening, I'm sure.

As for golf, yes, we'll play as long as it's comfortable to do so. 50's are ok if the wind is not blowing and the sun is shining. This week I'm traveling with some friends on Thursday to a course a couple hours from here for the day. Should be fun, but only around 60 degrees. I'll be dressing in layers for sure.

Yes, I got my watch on Saturday. It is really nice. As a matter of fact, because of it, I just got back from a couple mile walk! It badgered me into it! Actually, it didn't badger me....I just kept looking at the pathetic number of steps for the day and decided to get moving for a bit. Next step is to get back into Pahla B. videos!
  #1374   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-22, 04:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby got me up a bit before 5 and I decided to just stay up. I can nap this afternoon if I want to. This morning I'll be meeting "M" at Betty's. She's hanging in there somehow. I think someone asked me if she can get out of bed on her own? No. She actually hasn't been out of bed in a week now. Her physical therapist no longer comes and I always ask her if she wants to get up, but she seems content to just stay in bed. So far she can deal with bathroom issues while lying in bed. Just like a baby with diapers. When it gets to the point where she can't take care of cleaning herself up, she will not be able to stay at home. "M" is amazed at what a good job Betty does of cleaning herself up while lying in bed. We provide her with rubber gloves, TP, baby wipes etc. She calls it her emergency kit. I don't know how she keeps hanging on. We are blessed that her mind is still good. Taking it a day at a time.

----------

Nic......How did Bingo go? Hope you were a big winner! I'm sure you had fun....win or lose!

Jaz & Trig......

----------

More coffee needed here. Have good days!
  #1375   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-22, 04:18

BF:

Nicco I am doing the same. be-bopping along but my day sucks rocks compared to yours right now HAHA I am fixing a critter in the lake house basement, downspouts directing water to basement wall and fixing that up and got a toilet flush thing to replace and other small shit that has to be tackled, ---ok enough of that BS. Stupid shit that has to be handled and my own damn home needs work too cause the 30 yrs here and things are falling apart and I am SO on the fence of what to fix and throw money at and what to say screw it, this home is being sold anyway ya know....IDK....and then dealing with hubby's mom's home is a nightmare to the 100th degree of insanity and and and and.....lol....be but I bopping along like you.

yea when something hurts like that foot, enough to annoy the heck out of ya when it flairs, maybe another ortho trip is needed? not sure but you will get it corrected, or hell, ya live with it I know I live with some crazy aches that hit when they hit but so far I am surviving thru as you will.

Lori....so cool your watch got ya walking cause ya wanted to up those numbers. Love that...heehee. Enjoy your golf as I know you will but yea, CHILL mornings here also!

Hey Jazz, rock on!!

-----------------OK guys just so much stupid shit to do in too many damn directions ya know.

but all is good. we are just in that mode of being 'stressed' and in that mode of not giving a crap but knowing we have to do the work etc. Well, you guys know it too

today is NY Strip steak and maybe just a lb. of bacon for first meal. I do have some burgers for back up if needed.

I do believe I may be hitting up some rum drinks soon. Something tells me I am gonna have a super fuzzy day coming up cause I want it LOL but day drinking ain't me but right now, hmmm, sounding good to me right now ahhh, probably not but sounds like fun...heehee

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Sep-29-22 at 05:05.
  #1376   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-22, 07:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- I am not FREKIN kidding. I was over the top LIVID yesterday. As a matter of fact- this is exactly how she gave me the news. I emailed her " Hey how's is going, still waiting to hear from HR.....She then CALLED me from the parking lot to apologize that she couldn't submit the paperwork like she said she WAS GOING TO DO. Followed by: "My Director thinks there needs to be more DIVERSITY in the workplace- "we are going to interview more people." Her director is black, and older maybe 62-63 and very "outspoken". If you catch that drift.

I was so stunned I didn't even think about recording her. I can tell you she will not repeat it if she had to step into a parking lot to say it the first time. Her job would be on the line. She would deny of course. But she said she wanted me to know it was not because of my skills or anything I did. She thought she was doing me a favor by telling me. Purely her director. I can't prove it, and it would take $$$$ to hire someone to prove a "he said/she said" situation. It sucks way more than I have let on.
Again, I TRUSTED her to follow through and thought I would be starting soon. Nope I am the wrong color.

Yea- I pulled out the rum yesterday at 2pm, packed up my car for a trip and including a blow-up bed, blankets, full car! Printed off a map of where I wanted to go and then fell asleep at 7pm. This morning I made coffee, walked the dog, unpacked the car and will go back to the drawing board. It's sucks- but I am running out of time. And to fight that would be fruitless. Emory is a giant- with big time lawyers. Not worth it- moving on. My pity party is over- time to go back to the drawing board.

I am actually thinking I am glad I was told. Can you imagine working for someone like that? What a B1TCH! So...... gathering myself up and moving forward.

I am so sorry you are going through all of the house clean up between 3 houses! Dang what a job that is. Urghhhhhhh. Critters are moving inside this time of year too! I feel ya.
The good news is that yeah- the MIL house needs delt with, but she is safely in a facility. One less thing to deal with. Maybe you could give some of that to hubby as it IS HIS mother's house, you got your own crap going on.

Yeah- on fixing up your own house. That IS a tough call. What to fix up what to let go. I would say do the minimum as you are maybe looking at next year? When kiddo hits collage? If something is broken fix it. If it's cometic let it ride! Let the new people put their stamp on it ya know!

Fall is a good time to clean stuff up and pitch stuff. It just feels like a good time to get stuff in order.
Thanks for posting! I was getting worried!

Lori- Glad you still have help! I just can't fathom Betty's situation. Goodness that is alot on your plate! I am wondering about bedsores and skin break down. It is scary when they stop moving. Is her bed adjustable? There is actually something you can put on her bed to help with her skin. It has slipped my mind but we put it on the beds of those bedbound in the hospital- I will think on this. It would be worth it to look into it.

I just googled Air mattress pads. A ton of them popped up. We used the crate toppers. It is a preventive measure. So worth it.

Anyway- glad to hear you are checking out a new course! Let us know how you like it! Have you ever been there before?
Who are you going with? Have a great time! I am glad you have that to look forward to!

Nic- - Did you clean up well in BINGO?!?!?!?!LOLOLOL. When did you say that you were going back to DE? Is hubby meeting you there for the weekend? You going to get any of that Hurricane coming? It should be pretty well rained out by the time it hits the NE!

How are the classes coming? You still loving your classes?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I pretty much littered this post in Trig's portion with yesterday's drama.
To ADD to all this- I made a fresh plate of deviled eggs, bacon, and 2 pounds of taco meat. I gave it all to my neighbor to take into work and share with her co-workers. I was thinking I was going to vacay somewhere for a change of scenery.
After the rum wore off (no headache BTW)- I know I need to put my nose to the grindstone.

Plus make more food- lololol- dang! Hope they love it! I pulled out more ground chuck to that. I have a thawed pork roast for today. Will make more eggs though. I just love me a good, deviled egg!!!!

I am hovering at my low. Still swinging those 2 pounds. I did hear some interesting info- from my You Tube videos I am addicted to. It can take up to two weeks for the gut to reset after a "slip", because we "feed" those nasty gut bacteria. It takes a minute for them to die off again. Interesting.

Also, of interest that OMAD (one meal a day) should only be used a few times a week- not indefinitely. The theory is YES keep an eating window. Plus eating twice in the eating window keeps the metabolism running- zero carb. But have a light protein lunch and then finish with a small dinner that is higher in fat to carry you through the night. It was interesting. I might try that. Also let your body tell you when it's hungry, rather than force it to wait for your OMAD time. Just tweaking. I have the food right. Just might need to take that one meal and split it in two meals. Again, tweaking to see what works for me! Then do OMAD maybe every other day?

I try some eggs/in Kerry gold with a few strips of bacon. Then dinner- pulled pork later or switch them up. Just thinking about it. I just don't like cooking all the time! Once and I am good!

Anyway- need to run and get a couple things at the store. Batteries, dish soap, egg life wraps! Staples!

Sunny and COOL today! Not going to even hit 70 today. Tomorrow it will be in the 70's at least. Then the clouds roll in. Friday/Sat- torrential rains- stay home days.

Later gators- this gal is going to hit the pavements again. Head high.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Sep-28-22 at 07:32.
  #1377   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-22, 19:22

BF:

Hey y'all throwing a dot down and will write more tmrw bc I have the day free. Today I left the house to run errands and then was literally running in, jerking the dog outside, leaving, running back in and changing for pb clinic, fed the dog, fed me and mentally crashed out.

Will address everyone's everything tomorrow!
  #1378   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-22, 05:23

BF:

Nicco....had me laughin' on jerking the dog outside cause you are out of time I feel ya. Our little doggie Bolt moves so much slower not that he is a drug addict, and being so small I just use my foot to tap his azz to get him to get the heck out of the darn door faster and get out from under my feet so I thought of me doing that all the time now and you jerking your muttley around to move it dang it, I got things to do LOL

Jazz, yea move on. You would need tons of proof but I won't type all I sure feel on this situation of yours but at some point, when the little man is so overwhelmed with daily living like getting and keeping a job and paying all the big bill hikes that are hitting us, what can we do but move on and survive? Corps rely on just that. The workforce being so caught up in daily survival of themselves they can't tackle 'taking' on no big corp LOL hey I been thru some things too and at some points they still irk ya but ya must move on!!!

Up your fat intake, lower your protein a tad.
that moves the body again in the zc world of eating. You can buy a 'smaller sized but big fat laden ribeye' and chow down or eat 1/2 lb of burger, not more in a meal and add in fatty extra, like some pork belly as a side. High fat intake to bigger levels means the protein amt has to be cut down, some.....just some, not a ton LOL or of course eat smaller meat portion and add in 1/2 stick of butter or hollandaise type sauce etc. to up the fat into that meat. Alot of ways to do it and it works to 'reset' us again kinda. Does not have to be 'some dieting trick' you feel you have to do constantly but it is 'the way forward' thru some meals if we up fat alot and cut protein a bit.

Lori, how was your new course?

-----------------yea my darn back porch is rotting out now. got many boards with holes in them. We are like replace with wood, get composite, kill both porches and 'go to ground' as in cement patio? or even just 'rock patio' which would suck to to me LOL and we are thinking 'how to redo this' big azz back porch area for cost efficiency and also make it better than it is, yet I love the function of how the back porches work for house and into garage area and all so??? All I know....a monster azz fat check is gonna pay for it all HAHA ugh

My one old horse barn, 30 yrs is falling apart yet do we tear down or type to shore up? either way is massive work on this big ol' barn........ugh.

you know guys, older I do get, less I want ANY of this bs work on my butt and same with hubby. We kinda 'checked' out of this home cause we are thinking forward ya know. It ain't like I wanna stay here so any fixes are just annoying me to no end HA

OK enough of that, we all have issues and I know Nicco is fixing up her main home too cause the older it gets, it needs it and hell, us people are the same LOL

today is steak and pork chops

rock on guys, we can survive this life ya know
  #1379   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-22, 07:24

BF:

Good morning!

Trig- I so get you on what to fix what to leave. I 100% agree that a porch area/ deck whatever should be touched- at the bare bones $$. Would before composite! That is so pricey! But you could do a nice wood and stain it and it would be just fine and a look great when the time comes to sell. I would leave the barn AS IS. Let the new owners decide if they want it or don't. Thing is another structure adds more $$ even if it needs a bit of work!

You are so right on the bullseye about the small worker bee just trying to get through the day and make enough to pay bills there is not the "fight" for anything else. Just keeping a roof over one's head, and electric on is a real thing right now.

I scribe to a thing called Next Door- it is a forum for homeowners in your area for neighbors to share ideas, and so forth. Anyway- I am still on it as I had a house close to where I live now. The point I want to make is the amount of people afraid of making ends meet. Also, the rise of crime. It is UNREAL the amount of crime in high end areas. Car jackings, theft, break in's ect. It all stems from desperation. I read on there today about this young adult who was asking for help because his electric got turned off. He works full time but still can't afford to live where he is. It is not just in my area- it's EVERYWHERE.

I get it because even for me- I have no healthcare. I am blessed that I am healthy. So many people our age are not. I am one heart attack/ fall with break from being wiped out. I did check out health care in my state (it goes by state 1800.00 for catastrophic only). GA is a bad state to get sick in. MA, and FL I would qualify for something based on not working right now. But- dang- it's alot. KWIM?

So, in the long run- we need to be blessed for where we are and hang tight to it. Enough of all of that!

Did your DD get to the dance? We didn't get the updates!!!!! (Throat clearing here) lololol

Yup- I am tweaking the fat and protein ratio. I think I overdid the fat yesterday and my gut was screaming. I ate bacon (still dripping out of the pan. So good too! Yup- I will push though this stall, can't wait!

Lori-
how was your game?!?!?!? So on my TV the big one I have a You Tube app I am now using! On big screen! How do you spell PB again? I could pull one of her videos on my TV. Forgot she spells her name oddly.

What is on your agenda today?

Nic
- We got your spot saved! OMG we all have those days that we feel BEHIND the 8 ball than in front of it. Hopefully you will get caught up with everything and have a chat time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I put out 12 applications yesterday.
Then........ I wrote a really long email to the Director, the manager, and the supervisor from the job spoken of yesterday. Anyway, I decided to kill her with kindness. The director is the stumbling block, or I would be onboarding already.
So, I addressed it to all 3 of them for a reason. (You know what I was told). So, I stated in the letter that I "hoped" they would pick me in the end of all their interviewing based on my experience and skillset. I can't change the color of my skin, but I can reiterate my skills and what I bring to the table.
If the director picks a less experienced person of "her choice"- and that person ends up a "loud and proud" type of personality and doesn't fit in, they (the Supervisor and Manager have something to take to HR). I really do want that job and decided to put in one last ditch effort to fight my way for it. So.........

I also applied for 12 others that are all remote and would give me flexibility and insurance and income. I know something will come my way. I am certainly not tossing in the towel, although some days I sure as heck feel like it. It is rough being single and the sole provider for myself. It is not for the faint of heart. I am totally in charge of me, and there is no leaning on anybody. I am it. But you know at the end of the day- I am proud of MYSELF- that I am able to care and provide to the best of my ability to be self-reliant. I answer to myself in every way.

Well looks like the Hurricane is pounding St. Simon, and Savannah! Moved east of here and moving up the eastern coastline!

I am still at my low- but want to work on some muscle building and core strength! I have decided that Oct. is going to be a 30-day self-challenge for me. I am going to invest in some extra PURE time. Meaning that everything I put in my body is only the very best, non-processed, just pure food(I do 99% anyway). I am going to listen to only positive /non toxic videos, music, and podcast. No gloom and doom. I am going to focus on intentional walking and finding positive things to think about.
That will include not going on NEXT Door. As stated above in my tangent to Trig- there is so much angst right now in society it takes effort to shut it out. It wears on you day after day. I am taking a time out from news and all that. I am going hippie Zen! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Well- going to put out a few more applications and head over to doggie park for my pup. He LOVES going! I like the socialization as well! Cool here! Only 54 this morning= leggings and sweat shirt!

Steak bites today- YUM, bacon, and eggs. All good. Done rambling.
  #1380   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-22, 07:42

BF:

Jazz sending you an email

easiest way to say it all LOL
cool