Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1336   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-22, 06:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Monday and back to reality. I'd much prefer a walk on the beach. I'll be meeting M at Betty's at 10 to get that duty done. I have my laundry spinning right now.....I had a mountain of it! Yikes!

Nothing much else going on around here. Kind of depressed with nothing to look forward to now that VA Beach is over. Oh! Miracle of miracles.....I weigh exactly the same this morning as I did the day I left for the beach! Granted, it is a few pounds more than ideal, but I'm happy to not have extra to get rid of. I'm going to resume doing Pahla B. workouts now that golf season is winding down. I need to work on my core strength and balance as well as upper body strength over the winter to be sure I'm ready for golf in the Spring!

--------

Trig..... Sorry things are rough. We'll be here when you're ready to vent about it all.

Jaz....What a fun day at the pool! So glad you have a good friend there to pal around with.

Nic....Safe travels back to MD. Lots of plans for the week?

---------

That's it from here. Talk soon!
Sponsored Links
  #1337   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-22, 14:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I actually know a handful of Bucknell graduates (or current attendees) Great lil school but certainly pricey!

That is great news about your weight. I think you are more cognizant of what you eat than you give yourself credit for, and all the walking/golfing etc certainly helps you as well!

Jaz- Sounds like a truly wonderful and restorative day that you had yesterday. I'm so glad!

Trig- Oh hugs, hon. I know the kind of mood you are talking about and this issue is not yours to control and that is definitely not your jam either. Big hugs!

Back in MD- got in about 4:15 and got everything put away, mail opened and sorted, stinky kitchen drain taken care of (OMG MEN) and that sort of thing. Here for a week so wanted to get settled in. I'm heading out in an hour to meet DD for dinner- DH has a meeting tonight. DD and I are close and I think it is kind of hard on her when I am gone for a couple of weeks at a time. Like, we might not even see each other if I were here but it is that feeling of NOT being able to see me that gets to her. You know? I feel the same way about her when she travels off somewhere!

Sitting out on the back deck- truly lovely. I am blessed to enjoy both decks so much. I will be sad during the coldest part of winter when I can't have my decks/porch time!
  #1338   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-22, 17:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey All- So sorry- unable to leave more than DOT.

Trig
- Girl I am thinking about you and giving you virtual hugs!!!!!!!! Trust me I know the stress of family all to well. Hang in there. I hope this ends soon for you. Give yourself some extra TLC! OK to experience all the emotions you are having. We are here and can't wait for this to end for you!!!!

Lori
- Glad you got back safely and yeah- ALWAYS laundry, right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Nic- Glad too you are back to the BIG HOUSE and all is well. I envy that time you have with your DD. LOVE it now! I am telling you, my DD has so much on her plate there is no extra time! Love it all now! Kids and jobs change alot.
----------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 interviews and today was SO SO SO stressful. The interviews were long and so over the top. I turned on position down. I just can't see me in it. Not the right fit. The other I got the dear John letter within 5 minutes- that was one I WANTED.

I am sorta feeling a bit down and out of sorts right now. I will be back at it tomorrow. But tonight , I will have a nightcap and go to bed early and get refreshed.
Just feeling the time line ya know.

See ya tomorrow
  #1339   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-22, 18:22

BF:

Jaz, I'm sorry, hon. I know you will bounce back, as you do, but in the meantime it sounds hard and stressful.

Was the dear John letter regarding the clinic you went and visited or was it another job that you were interviewing for?

Either way, sending hugs and some good rest for you with a brighter outlook tomorrow. Things will fall into place.

Thanks for checking in when you probably didn't feel like it.
  #1340   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-22, 04:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......So sorry yesterday was a bust. I'm sure it's a punch to the gut when one you really wanted was pulled away so quickly. I hope the perfect job is just around the corner.

Trig.....Thinking about you and hoping things are falling into place. So stressful!

Nic....There's always so much to do when you come home after being away. I love how close you and DD are. Awesome. Yes....Bucknell is very $$$. The campus is just over the hill from my house. It keeps our little town going for sure.

----------

Heading to the golf course later this morning. I hope I remember how to hit that little ball! It's been a while.

I'm going to run to the laundromat with some of Betty's laundry in a few minutes. Today will be nice for drying things on the line outside. Our weather is going to take a turn on Thursday. Sweatshirt season!

Have good days!
  #1341   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-22, 04:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, not my monkey in the circus, so true but I am dragged into the circus LOL But all good for right now.

Your deck time, you bundle up in a parka and sit on the deck and freeze but enjoy it HAHA You might need to buy one of those propane fancy fire pits or one of those propane giant heater torches. I gotta say they do work nice!!

Jazz, ahhhh on work. don't worry the right one comes when it comes and it will! Sucks tho putting in time and effort and nothing but in the end you always land on your feet.

eat meat and have a nice zc drink....that'll make ya happy

Lori, thanks for sharing your trip with Sis but I am glad you are home safe in your shack on the river, yea some shack!! Such a pretty home you do have!!

play your golf and enjoy til that harsh winter hits us and then the little white ball gets lost in all that big white snow!

---------------OK more back to normal. We got it straightened out. I tell ya guys. I WANT OUT from under someone's thumb. What BS. Nice thing is NEVER EVER an issue in life ya know. All fine and well til this stupid azz share the home in estate. OK but over for now......mood improving.

hubby working
kid schooling
dog napping

me doing garbage and hit grocery store fast for a few things I need. laundry rolling.

omg I need a vacay. I am gonna start to plan something for me and hubby ONLY soon. Just hit any damn state park and get away. Yea will do that very soon.

NY Strip steak and hamburger for today. easy peasy
spaghetti and meatballs for family, super done easy too on that.

be good
  #1342   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-22, 06:39

BF:

Good Morning!

I am rested and ready to "pound the pavement" again. You know for having "nursing shortage" jobs are hard to come by unless I want to travel again or go back to bedside nursing- both are a hard NO!
Anyway- today is a new day and I brushed off the negative from yesterday and in the ring again!

Trig-
I read and then RE-read your post. I so get the mess of the estate and all. Is it OVER?!?!?!?- I sure hope so.

Girl I have been suggesting a time out with hubby in a sweet park somewhere to hike, beach it, or heated hot tun somewhere for a few days! Trust me the kiddo will LOVE it too! Oh yeah- stock the fridge with pop and Pizza she will be loving life!

OMG you MUST google this!!!! INEX Inflatable hot tubs! My son said he was in one this last weekend and LOVED it. 3-4 hundred at most! And when you move you take it with you. He also said that the "walls" then get stiff and gives great support. He ALSO said the jets were amazing. HE said for the money it's a GREAT buy! He said the 4 person seater fits two large adults very comfy! CHECK IT OUT! I also double as a personal shopper! I will say that he was skeptical until he tried it. WAY to roll with that. He was even checking to put one on his patio.

Yum and Yum on a strip steak! I am thinking steak here shortly. I have 3 pounds of hamburger thawing and left-over pot roast. It turned out really well- even no tomato sauce. Pull apart juicy!
Yup- Carnivore is the way I am rolling these days. It is more for my gut and the weight loss is just extra! It feels so good for the body! Very Primal!
I know I should venture out with other meats besides just beef. However, beef makes me happy and full. Not only that but I am salmon out. Plus, most are dirty and farmed. Frankin fish. Not real fish.
I will stick with the cow.

Lori-
Yup, you are back in the swing! I am glad that Betty is hanging in there. She is one spunky lady! Sweet of you to do her laundry every week! Is she still able to get out of bed herself?

Heading to golf! Have a great game!

Nic- - Thank you for the kind words and post to me last night! Yeah- we all have "those" days, don't we? So awesome to have a friends give you the virtual pick me up!

I totally agree that you SHOULD get one of those heaters for your porch! I have seen those room warmers - some are even portable! My in-laws back in the day had a porch with windows but no heat. They got a portable heater. It really worked.
If yours is just screened, you could do a couple "outdoor" heaters. I know you might google your options- it's too sweet to give up!

I have a friend up in MA- she said it is full on Autum up there! I bet it getting there where you are too! Those oaks give off brilliant red leaves that we do NOT have here. It is not as pretty here in the fall. We have so many pines that just stay green. I do love a pretty Fall, but after than I could jump straight back to spring. Does anybody really like winter?????Anybody?!?!?!?!? I am glad though this is the last year for turning back those clocks!

What is on your week schedule? Did you have dinner with DD?!?!?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Well- Again- a new day! Ready to open the box a bit and think outside it! I will be open to moving if I "have to". It is SO frekin $$$ to move! I still have not paid off this last one! So, I would need a darn good offer!
Anyway- I will put in some really good time when I sign out of here.

I will have some R&R today. I am enjoying taking pup to park to run! He has made some "fur ends" get it.....friends..... FUR ENDS....... never mind! Anyway- I too am friendly with the other pet parents. I only go if it is not crazy packed. He does not do well with more than 10 dogs I have noticed.

I have a 3 pound pack of fresh ground beef I thawed to make taco meat- Salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder and cumin. I don't use a seasoning mix- those have sugar in them.

I also will put in a new pack of bacon in the oven. I burned the ones yesterday and set off the fire alarm! HAHAHAHAH- Oh yeah, I was racing to open the windows. What a waste of good bacon!!!!
Fresh boiled eggs for deviled eggs made last night- all good! Good food in fridge. I am also using those egg wraps to put my meat in. Yum! I know you didn't like them NIC- so funny! I like them better than wrapping stuff in a leaf!!!

Ok- ya'll hitting the ground running, with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee. Tis the Season.
  #1343   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-22, 10:33

BF:

Hey Y'all

Checking in real quick before I go get my boobs smashed! It's that time- if you all don't do it get it done!

Jaz – it totally sounds like you're getting your food all set up for the week. Good for you! My meal plan for the week is chilly, a breakfast supper, and ribeye steaks with baked potato. I'll just have a salad or some thing. Sometimes I eat some of the potato skin with the potato scraped of with some salt and that's just delicious. The actual flesh of the potato I don't really care about anyway.

I hope your job hunting goes well. It is sort of shocking how hard it is. I am wondering if the frequent job changes are causing people to be hesitant perhaps?

Trig- take a Vacay, girl! Your daughter has plenty going on with school and so she should be fine with that and may actually welcome some downtime on her own. I'm glad that the stress of the Lakehouse has settled at least for now. I know you'll be so glad to get that behind you.

Lori – have so much fun golfing! I hope you have an amazing time! Hopefully it will be a mild fall into early winter and you'll be able to get a lot of golfing in before it gets really cold.

I had a nice dinner out with DD last night. She is dealing with some stress and I know that me checking in with her is helpful for her and of course I like spending time with her anyway. They are working with their fertility issues and just getting that started and she also was looking to possibly change her job location if some changes can't be made out her work. So that is all stressful. On a good note though her husband starts his new job next week which comes along with the pay raise for them so that's good!

Fairly busy week as I try to load up appointments and things that need to be done while I'm here. So I took Bella to the vet this morning and I have my mammogram this afternoon and then my class at 2:30. Tomorrow I'm doing a meals on wheels route and then I have a class I believe or something. And then classes Thursday and Friday. I'm also going to try to see a friend or two and then DH and I will be going to the Renaissance Festival this weekend. Then back to DE!
  #1344   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-22, 05:26

BF:

Nicco....good luck and happy boob smashing sending all clear for ya!!

Sorry on DD. yea that is stress for sure. all combined on her with this work issue on top and more. So get it.....life can be so super annoying and boy the young'ins can fall right into it at high speed. So glad you can help her chat it out!!!

Hey go get that fire pit, or propane flame heat torch for your porch research it a bit, there are such FAB cool options to make you extend your porch time so much now.

Waiting on a Lori update but home to 'the shack' and golf in her day!!

Jazz, heck no it ain't over. WE GOT 1 damn point handled 'just to move' damn forward. Nightmare. Absolute nightmare. But I firmly am 'out of this crazy azz game' and my other bro is ticked I said, not my monkey now, not my circus and truly opted out of even pretending I give a sh** and it is falling on him to deal with the other bro and he is irked. Tough. This ol' gal is over and done and at this point....I feel free just saying that. In the end, just send me a big azz check and tell me where to sign, after that I am out 'of this control' game. OK DO NOT get me started again

Glad your pup has 'fur ends'....too funny. pup friends is great. means no dog attacks to worry about at least ya know they work together and won't meet up with GGrrr issues. Love it got that easy and the dogs get along.

Keep zc simple. Simpler the better but always remember to eat big when ya need it. Don't skimp. When one gets too hungry we lose our more zc benefits so just keep eating great and let the plan change ya and it will.

--------------today is whatever.
got chick, pork, steak. covered on food

clean master bath and do some picking up around the home, putting stuff back where hubby and kid 'laid it out' and just usual stuff.

all good.....just being.
  #1345   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-22, 06:43

BF:

Good Morning!

I stayed in bed till nearly 7 this morning! I was up at 3 to let Gabby out and then crashed back into bed. I'm having a leisurely morning. I have some errands to run later and I need to make Betty some more shortcakes to keep in her freezer. DH gets 1 or 2 out to thaw during the week since she loves the strawberry shortcake so much....even using frozen sliced berries. Some nights that's all she wants for dinner. At 93, we try to give her what she wants.

This afternoon at 4 we're going to a picnic that is being put on by the company I used to work for. It'll be fun to see everyone again. They're having it at a winery that has picnic facilities and there will be a cash bar.... They're having clams and shrimp, chicken and all kinds of sides. Social hour is from 4-5 and then food at 5. Should be a good time.

That's about it from here. Sun has finally broken thru the fog and it looks like a nice day. Debating what to wear tonight. I think it's going to get up to around 80 this afternoon. Tomorrow the cold front comes thru and I think it's only going to be in the 60's. Winter is coming!!
  #1346   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-22, 08:55

BF:

Hey all! Good morning!

Sounds like you are all humming along!

Trig- GO vacay!!!!!!!! - sometimes the last minute stuff is the best fun! Toss some clothes and rum in the RV and off you go! Love those impromptu trips!

Hey did you look up that hot tub???????? It is CALLING your name........... hahahahah

Yup- keeping it simple! going to pick up a freezer full of steak as they are on sale and stock up on bacon! I am out of steak but have 13 pounds of ground chuck. I really like ground chuck the best! Makes for a great burger!

Hey- good on you to keep your boundaries and let the circus pass you by.

Nic- - love you are back to volunteering! Goodness on your DD and "those" issues. I know they can be so frustrating! At least she knows and is taking the steps she needs to! It will happen!
WHOOT on SIL and his new job! very good!

How are the newlyweds doing? Awesome he got all his applications in for Law school. Are they loving their new apt? NYC lifestyle? You don't see many older or heavy people hitting the NYC streets. Just something I noticed when I see news clips.

Yea- I knew you would be heading to DE soon! Lovely!

Lori- - love the smell of baking! So nice of you! Is Betty's care still going well?
I hope you can keep the help as long as you need it!

Enjoy the summer before the chilly air comes your way! HAHAHA Going to be 90 today and tomorrow.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah- the multiple job has come up on interviews. However, so many companies are using agency nursing now. It is more common now to have tons of assignments on those resumes. Companies now have realized since Covid it is easier to get agency nurses and NOT pay benefits and then let them go. ROUGH.

Anyway- I have turned down some too- as I just felt not a good fit. It will happen, sooner rather than later, I think. I have adjusted my expectations of a "PERFECT" position. Doesn't exist.

Dealing with Maintenace people AGAIN over another AC leak. It clogged a line and water was SPEWING AGAIN. Good news not my dime. But I am annoyed they didn't fix it right the first time.
So, I feel the need to be here when they come in. They are going to have to repaint this wall AGAIN!

They are also going to replace the subflooring to the upstairs apt. It sounds like they are dropping bowling balls when they walk. I guess the contractors when they were out to look at it come to that conclusion. That will entail- ripping out the floors and, taking out the cement and adding more wood subflooring. Again, not my dime- but I sure will hear that when it happens. The joys of apt living. But I sure don't want the responsibility of a house right now.

The cost of homes, property taxes, HOA fees and everything is over the top right now! Not to mention the upkeep. So, apt. life suites me for this stage of my life. Some people look down on atp. dwellers, I don't care. I heard someone joke that apt living was "like gov. public housing. I was so offended. He had no idea I also rent! Oh well......... what do I care.

BEAUTIFUL today and tomorrow. Low 90's and then dropping to mid 80's for the weekend. I am going to the downtown, art and Fall festival this weekend with my neighbor. They block off most of our little downtown and square. Vendors come from all over. There are food trucks, and music, and beer/wine booths as well. People bring their art. It is a ton of fun. I go every year. We will go Saturday.
It's going to be a dynamite weekend!

Going to splurge and get a few steaks and stock up as they are on sale right now! Might as well stock up and pack out the freezer.

Getting ready to head out to the pup park and meet up with our FUR ENDS! Then back here to actually looks at too few places that having openings I wanted to explore.
I will be at the grills later with my steak! YUM!

All good- minor first world problems, right?!?!?!

Have a good one ladies!
  #1347   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-22, 17:28

BF:

Putting a dot til tmrw. All is well BUT hit the edge of a sharp curb during my MOW route and popped my right front tire. Luckily have AAA and they came out and put on the spare. I'll get the new tire and oil change tmrw or Friday. That'll teach me to look down at something sliding on my seat!
  #1348   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-22, 19:14

BF:

NIC- So glad you are all ok!!!!!! -
  #1349   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-22, 04:09

BF:

Nicco....damn, sucks rocks. Glad all is good.
Hubby was trailering the mower to his moms and blew a tire on the truck. Had to pick him up....what a pain doing all that stuff but only thing ya can say thru any car crap is glad no one ever gets hurt!!

Lori how is your company picnic?
what's doing?

Jazz, oh that apt. of yours LOL
too crazy

hang in with work. right thing will jump up and slap ya in the face. then you will be moaning you are working

--------------today is simple
kiddo got a nice black cocktail fancy dress for Homecoming on Sat. Darn dress was only $180. DKNY. Shoot me but worth every dime cause she looks great in it and something she should have for a bit if she requires a black dress when ya need one. today is going out after school to get some black high heels for it.

hubby work and then to rehab home with some meeting this afternoon about his mom and financials and ? ugh

I got leftover burger, leftover pork loin and chicken breasts for today.

be good all....just being and breathing.
  #1350   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-22, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

The company picnic was a good time. I was disappointed that more of the retirees didn't show up, but it was fun catching up with the ones that did. I ate too much, as you do, but this too shall pass.

Today DH & I have to go defrost Betty's little apartment sized refrig that we use for her. PITA, but has to be done. My friend and I canceled golf for today because of the predicted rain. The next time I play will be Saturday when I got conned into playing in a tournament. They put together teams consisting of 3 men and 1 woman. I've played in it before, and sometimes it's fun and sometimes you get stuck with guys who would rather not be playing with a woman. Whatever.

----------

Trig......Woohoo! DD's dress sounds awesome! Have fun shopping for heels to go with it!

Nic......So glad you're ok after blowing a tire! Did you have to wait long for AAA to get there? It's always something, isn't it?

Jaz.....You're making me hungry for steak with those pictures! Yum!

----------

Well, time for another cuppa. I'm having a leisurely morning. Yesterday I vacuumed and then mopped my floors. Enough housework for a few days.
I texted my cleaning lady just to let her know that we're thinking about her and she said she's doing well after her colon cancer surgery. Her Dr. feels confident that he got it all. She didn't say anything about needing further treatment and she thinks she'll be returning to work next week! I think her Dr. may have a different opinion about that! I told her to not hurry to come back here.....we're fine and I'm perfectly capable of doing what needs done. She is such a worker that just sitting around drives her batty.

Ok......that's it from here. Have good days!