Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1411   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-22, 07:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori cool on the Dr and the home. It will move forward as they do want to do it, a project they desire, so it should all run smoothly as it kinda will go down ya know. fingers crossed all holds well in that situation.

my hubby has not even chatted hunting? hmm. I know he got some new friends that have a lease but ? ya know what, I AM NOT even gonna ask about hunting at all.....might not happen for him but whatever LOL So glad your DH is doing well in having his fun tho!!

Nicco.........HANG IN there LOL yea alot on your plate for sure but a fab trip to come very very soon.....so worth the irk for ya and at some point, let it all go ya know. hit that trip and don't look back Very cool reading on your 'at home' doggie care.

Jaz, yea I use fingers at restaurants. I have no issues doing just that. See, I don't care at all anymore truly. Hey, it is what it is HAHA Carnivore Jazz is emerging for sure.
Cool to shorten and tighten up the resume to all the best and you will hit what you need soon.

----------------bestie Barb called. Her MIL at 98 fell, broke hip, big decision to do surgery or not?? Drs said NOPE but they are like, ?? so she had it but in 5 days since she is not coming out of it well at all. Dementia, not eating, white as a piece of cotton and they sent her to rehab but she can not do rehab so seems more end of life gonna go down now. Just sad to hear ya know. Made me think of my mom passing in Feb.

nothing doing for me. hubby working. kid school. dealing with drug addict dog and I don't joke on this, HE IS not himself on these meds, he has changed alot, he is off his rocker most times LOL but in the end will do some chores and let the day just go by easily......

steak and burger and bacon today
Sponsored Links
  #1412   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-22, 08:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh my God you guys-- this rain! I know I'm such a jerk for complaining when people went through such horrible trauma with the hurricane in Florida but seriously I am so over the cold and the rain! Do you know that the real feel temperature outside is freaking 39° right now? And rain rain rain all day long again-- we've had rain since Thursday! I just checked the weather and it looks like we will have the joy of rain in Hawaii as well. Woo hoo!

Lori, it did not occur to me that this guy could back out. But for a second I was confused and I thought that your house was in jeopardy. But it's not, it's just Betty's that you're talking about, right? You guys are all set. I hear you on the rain and I hope you can get out there on Thursday, but if you've had rain like we have it will be a soggy mess!

Oh Trig, I don't mean to laugh but your description about your drug addicted dog was both sad and funny. I know you're keeping him going in part because of your daughter getting ready to go to college. I hope he's able to hold out and that you can hold it together as well. Very interesting that your husband hasn't mentioned hunting because he used to be so into that, right?

Update from you, Jaz!

Things are fine here. It's the day before we leave and I'm gonna low-level freak out which will surprise absolutely no one! I just looked at the length of our flights and one is five hours and 15 minutes and the next one is six hours and 25 minutes. I am not one to enjoy being inside of a plane like that and I am packing all the snacks and possibly a Xanax! I will be doing some emotional eating tomorrow and I don't want to hear a thing about it! I seriously cannot imagine being on the plane for that long!

Oddly, most of the packing is already done. We're taking a carry-on with two days worth of clothes so that if our luggage gets misplaced we have something to wear. We're going to drop an air tag in our checked bag. But if it doesn't make the ship then obviously that's a problem! We will also have basic toiletries in the carry-on and then if we need to we can buy other things that we need. Hopefully it won't be an issue but it seems like a lot of luggage is being misplaced- like 30% isn't making it to the destination!

Today we will finish up perishable food here and the rest of it will go into the trash and out the door. Pretty crazy that this trip is finally practically here! Cross your fingers for us that we don't have much rain. It would be a little bit sad to go all the way to Hawaii and have it be cloudy and rainy the whole time that we're there. I don't think this is even the rainy season either!

Not much else to add – just dropping the dog off and otherwise just getting ready to go!
  #1413   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-22, 08:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

BEAUTIFUL day here again! For such a crappy summer, Fall is exceptional this year so far. Deep blue skies and brilliant sun with low temps and humidity. Awesome!

Nic
- I bet you are running around like a bandit doing all your last minute "stuff" before travels. I need to post your day-2-day post for what you are doing on any given day! Hey, we are living vicariously through you right now with that epic vacay on tap!

What clothes are you taking? I am super happy for you!

Lori- sorry your weather is sucky!!! Hopefully it will get better before your NY golf course trip, or was it today?

Interesting about the entire Betty house situation. She must really have a huge historical situation. I know there are regulations what you can do with those. It would be cool to have that restored and made into a B&B! Those older homes are just perfect for that!

Does your hubby hunt with someone all the time?

Trig- Hey there my meat-eating pal! How are ya doing?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Weather again is stellar, so tomorrow is still a GO with DD! It is 2 hours from my place to Clemson Gardens, which are just beautiful all year long! In the winter they put up lights and it is stunning!

So, yesterday I made up for lost time with my "made over" resume and sent out 22 applications. I still have not heard ANYTHING from Emory?!?!? WTH? Not even a Dear John letter. I am expecting it any day though. Over it.

So........ I was reading what the Queen used to eat for breakfast. Again useless internet browsing...... Anyway- I am super excited to try her egg dish.
It is more like a custard/egg scramble- no sugar.
3 brown eggs
2 tablespoons of milk (I use coconut, sugarfree)
pat of Kerry Gold for pan
1 tea lemon zest, pinch of either nutmeg/ or pumpkin pie spice
Whip eggs and milk, add to warm pan on LOW - scramble until almost set- remove and fold in zest and nutmeg- top with pepper, serve! ZERO carbs, I think it would taste like a custard!

I am so doing that today!
I am up my 1 pound bounce?!?!?!? Whatever.

Today is a park day, take Rugar to get nails trimmed. I will be in and out and taking a job hunt pause. Errands........

Meal- above egg dish. Then later left-over Angus ground beef mixture I made last night as it needed cooked. Left over bacon, still got left over steak too! Great eating, grab and go!

Later gators!
  #1414   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-22, 08:31

BF:

LOVE you all posted while I was reading!!!!!- going back to catch up! FULL house!

EDITED:
So just read your posts!

Nic- - wow on the rain. I thought it had all pushed off. That sounds miserable!
Interesting about misplaced luggage? I mean seriously, how DOES that happen?!?!?!? Don't they have a handle on all that by now? Good on you to do a carry on!
It rains EVERYDAY in HI- no biggie, then the sun comes out. You will have a great time. Don't forget the baby aspirin for your flight!
I am not a great flyer either. I usually hit up the airport bar prior to flying. Oh yeah I do, then ask for another right before the engines fire up.

Last time I flew I ask the attendant: (Are you ready for this)...... I say" So what happens when all the heavy people sit on one side of the plane?"
She said- "You are the first to notice that! We have to adjust the plane. Then she said on some flights the pilot will announce that if you weigh more than you think you should please switch seats with someone in back so we can get the nose off the ground then switch back." I kid you not! My son did not believe me on that story until he heard it himself on a flight to Denver! You flight will be fine!
Is your hubby excited?

Trig- I was sad reading about Barb's MIL. That is so sad to have the end go "down in that manner". 98 is a ripe age for sure anything can happen! Was she living at home? I hope she can be comfortable in whatever process she will go through, maybe Hospice?

I also was sad to hear about Bolt not being his cutie little self. That bothers me more than anything, the dog lover in me! I love dogs more than people truth be told! I too hope he hangs on through the year until DD hits collage. Such a cutie- that one!

OMG on loving my meat and egg, and bacon life right now. Just a FEW spices (no sugar) for things. Garlic, hot sauce, chili powder, paprika. Nothing extreme. Plus, I don't buy those "mixed spices" I noticed they have seed oil in them, or sugar- no thanks. I am loving the Dr. Berry Video's, BBE gal, and of course Dr. Chaffee (eye candy)!!! LOLOLOL - I also notice that processed meats have corn syrup in them. Ie.... hotdogs. Fresh is the only way to go!
You eat eggs?

That is really odd about your hubby not taking an interest with hunting this year? Maybe he just really digs his job, it sounds like he really does!

Yum on the steak! For sure!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Oct-04-22 at 09:09.
  #1415   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-22, 18:00

BF:

Update: I feel like a rolly polly. I was in my kitchen, had my music cranking and making this egg dish, more bacon in the oven, a batch of tuna salad for tomorrow.
I felt like I chowed all night! finished off the steak, 1 boiled egg, 4 slices of bacon, and 4 bites of that NASTY EGG thing I tried to make.

Egg dish was epic failure! - just GROSS. It was like a pudding, only lumpy that tasted like an egg. So GROSS.
But the steak was good, and the bacon was good and THEN, I ate 2 pats of butter and felt terrible. Like over full. I am beef, bacon, butter, egg miserable tonight. I believe or not only had those. The butter flipped me over the edge. I was licking the spoon after dropping butter in the pan for the eggs and just grabbed another scoop- OMG gut pain! Ok, now I know. It is a big time NO.

No job news

It a go for tomorrow to see DD and have a walk and lunch in the park. I have a pup sitter.
The weather is going to be stellar.

NIC- If I don't catch ya before you leave - Safe travels and enjoy the journey! It is all a part of it ya know! Keep us posted! You are most likely already in bed, but I feel you aren't going to sleep!

Ok- going to hit up something to watch and sleep off this butter tummy gut hanging to my knees.
  #1416   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-22, 05:13

BF:

Good Morning!

I am sipping my coffee before scrambling to hit the road to have lunch and gardens walk with DD and SIL. Was hoping for just me and DD time, but hey it is what it is. I haven't seen either of them for a few months, so it is all good.

Weather going to be stellar.

Feel better after yesterday. I was just munching on all the right stuff and the butter took me over the edge! - no wt. gain or bloat now. Still one up though. I will get my steps in today though, that will be good.

Back after.......... and you all post!
  #1417   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-22, 05:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Running slow this morning. Got up at 6:30 and don't have much get up and go. It rained so much yesterday and still raining now. Ugh. Supposed to play golf tomorrow.....if the course is open after all this rain.

Meeting "M" at Betty's and then back home. I have her laundry to do, but was hoping for a sunny day to hang things outside. I may have to wait until tomorrow.

I have been battling extra hunger this week. I tried lowering my calories to 1500, but having trouble staying there. Today I'm going to start with eggs and bacon and hope that kills the hunger for a good long time. Scale staying between 153 and 154....up and down each day. I think I need to join the butter, beef & eggs gang!

Jaz.......Have a nice day with your family. Glad you have a pup sitter so you can get out.

Nic.....Bon Voyage! Safe travels and have an awesome time!

Trig....Has your weather cleared? We've had more rain in the last 2 days than we had all summer!

That's it from here.
  #1418   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-22, 07:16

BF:

Nicco, safe travels coming at ya!!! Is it today to leave or ?? not sure on depart date but I know you are super busy handling just that but great times to come for ya!!!

Jazz, yea carnivore strong. we feel it SO DEEP down ONCE we are there and hold the plan. We change SO much into diff. people in our food realm. You are sure changin' to the good and easy of zc....more power to you!

Have fun with DD and SIL!!

Lori, yea your rainy times are around so your golf and mushy turf is sure gonna be affected.

limit kcals. more exercise with Paul B. It is ok to eat more fat and gear at protein ya know to help ya along the way of changing up how you were doing. Seasons change and so does Lori with it Love it!!! You will be fine.

-------------
hubby work
kid school
dog daydreaming on the carpet in the living room with me LOL

yea he ain't the same at all in that he barks at everything. he never barked ever hardly. now on these seizure meds he barks AT US full speed, barks at a leaf moving and barks and barks and barks and we all have coined the big statement around here....SHUT THE HELL UP BOLT! we now laugh about it but yea on these meds it is wild for him I would think. I whistle and he would zone me fast, now I whistle and he looks behind him to the left and right and NO clue where it is originating from....sad kinda. But vet said ya want him alive and warped some for longer life or want him dead on less meds that dont control seizures and he goes cluster seizures and will die in that as a known fact. He 'blued out' and stopped breathing 2 times in those cluster times so ?? I guess warped life beats the grave? Not sure just yet on him LOL For the around $9k I got into him on medical easily my hubby keeps sayin' that a .22 bullet is cheap ya know..............yea his hunting farmer humor don't go down well around here HAHA especially kiddo, she finds this SO not cool

chuck roast in crockpot
burgers

done deal for today
  #1419   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-22, 15:01

BF:

Back- Just got back and finished my OMAD. I am not strict on that, but do prefer it! I eat if hungry. Today on the road I took bacon and boiled eggs with me and was not even hungry until I got back home and then said hey- time to eat.

Tuna salad/bacon egglife wraps and good to go. Two "nice" size ones, but it was just tuna/ and 2 strips of bacon. So all good. Done and no cooking. I made it all yesterday and tossing the paper plate. Kitchen closed. Ground Angus chuck thawing for tomorrow! YES PLEASE! Yum.

Saw the kids, it was WONDERFUL! Goodness, I didn't know how much I have missed them until I saw them. We all said no more long stretches.
I also told them I need to get my time in as I will be lucky to have 25 years left and it flies (little guilt)- haha, but so true!

They both said as soon as they saw me: "MOM !!!!- what happened to you? You look amazing! Thank you, Carnivore! They both said my skin was even glowing- thank you steaks! I told them it's my diet, and non-processed, no sugar, and no inflammatory foods PERIOD. I was still losing weight when I saw them last- but they haven't seen me in 4 months- so they could tell now. 48 pounds! I had only lost about 25 last time they saw me and they didn't notice, but they sure did today. I never brought it up they did. Anyway- GREAT GREAT visit!

Trig
While we were at the park this guy with a Papillion pup was there. I spoke out and said what a BEAUTIFUL pup you got. A Papillion, he turned and said "YES! Few people know this breed".
Oh I said I KNOW that breed. My friend has one! Well this cutie is named Spider and is 7 years old. The guy then stood there to give us (me and DD) the history of this breed of dog! It was pretty fun.

All this to say Trig, I know it is sad as heck to see your pooch not as he should be. Old dog syndrome is kicking in. I would be like you, keep him going for a bit until you can't. Sweet boy! I wonder if he is slightly deaf, or has issues with sight now or both? That can really mess them up a bit, just like people!

Yup- all kinds of ways with burgers and steak! Any vacay Fall short trips for you? I think it is get away time! HAHAHAAH

Lori-
JOIN the BBBE club- no calorie counting! I am addicted to bacon right now!
I hate being hungry where you feel you could eat the walls! I agree with what Trig said- UP your fat! Healthy fat!

Goodness on the soggy course? Were you supposed to go to NY tomorrow? Maybe their course is not as wet!

So glad M is still coming to assist!

NIC
- Today is your travel day! Thinking of you up in those friendly skies!
---------------------------------------------------
Awesome day all the way around!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Oct-05-22 at 17:43.
  #1420   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 00:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all,

Just checking in to say we are in Hawaii! Looooong flights for real but at least no delays. Checked in to hotel, went into the ocean here at Waikiki and then walked around some and had dinner. 15k steps even with the 13 hours of flying. Trying to stay awake until 8:30 pm here, that is 2:30 AM at home and I only slept for two hours the night before. Trying to acclimate to the new time over the next two days before the cruise.
Hugs!
  #1421   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 06:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Aloha Nic! Have the best time!

I got up late, so I'm kind of having a "short" morning. I have to leave for the golf course around 9. It is foggy and I'm sure the course is very wet. We'll make the best of it. Golf will probably be my workout today....not sure I'll get a PB workout in. I thought I might do it before golf, but I'm not feeling it. I did 5 days in a row, so 1 missed day won't hurt me I guess.

Jaz.....Glad you had a nice time with your kids. How awesome that they were excited for you on your weight loss! You must feel amazing!

Trig.....Sounds like your spaced out dog is happy, even if he barks his head off over nothing. As long as he isn't aggressive & nasty....it's all good.

Well, I gotta fly. A bit of breakfast and then I'm off.
  #1422   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 06:22

BF:

Lori and wet maybe on the course but hope the day gets sunny and things dry up for you. Enjoy the golf before the snows fly
Hope DH is having fun hunting too!

Nicco....wow long trip for sure but you are there in 'paradise' so have a blast, which I know you will......can't wait for some pics etc later!! be safe.

Jazz, super cool the fam noticed your changes! That just shows things are goin' your way in the health department!! Being in the med field you know how important that IS for sure
Keep rockin' forward!

-----------------yea doggie ain't aggressive ever thank heavens. Just a burn out LOL hey it is ok, we got his back. Whatever it takes.

cold here now. not loving it at all. nice to have AC off....power bill will drop SO low and I do love that time. windows open a bit but the chill is big and the house seems to hold cold, so only a few windows open for some fresh air. I do like that.

today is 4 egg bacon cheese omelet. later I got pork tenderloin medallions to fry up in some butter.....the omelet I will USE a fork LOL but the other, fingers all the way baby.....and maybe a tin of sardines for dessert. I kinda feel them calling my name, if not today, soon a tin of sardines will be in the forecast

usual day of this and that. be good all
  #1423   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 07:29

BF:

Good Morning!

NIC!!!! - Ahola!!!!! You made it! So cool!!!!! Yeah, you will catch up on that sleep for sure! SO now 2 days befor you hit up the ship?
I am super stoked to hear and "see" it all!

Trig- - I def. am so happy eating and this way of life! So much research is coming out now about Keto/ and fat adaption. So interesting! We are cutting edge!

OMG you had me in stitches over eating your omelet "with a fork". HAHAHAHAHAH Hey that sounds really good too! Yum and all kinds of yum on that! I thawed a ham steak so I can chop it up and have a ham omelet myself! (no dairy for me!) I feel so much better without!

I too am very happy that I have turned off the AC- and have NOTHING running. It should be a super low bill going forward! I RARELY turn on the heat in the winter time here. If I do it is first thing in the morning to get the chill off then it goes off. BONUS for me is I have 3 sides of this apt hugging another apt. Therefore, keeps the heat in!
We are going to get a pretty fall!

Working the farm this weekend? Did you say that "old goat" is still living?

Lori- Have fun on your course! Trust me you are putting in your steps and then some!
--------------------------------------------------------

Being the internet junkie that I am I was reading up on Ketosis VS Fat adapted. Very interesting read. Basically being fat adapted happens after one has been in ketosis for a length of time and the liver has adapted to using fat and fat stores for energy. It is really interesting and cool! THE way the body was met to work.
BTW- did you know the Queen RARELY ate carbs? She ate lean meats and low starch veggies. Every now and again she would have a chocolate cake. RARELY! She lived a long, amazing life, and was fond of gin and tonics in the evenings! - long life!

Yes, I have watched the Crown, Downton Abby and all the Royal crap out there. "Brilliantly fascinating!"

I am not into the job hunt today at all. Going to do a day trip with pooch for a hike somewhere! I need to get some sunshine and fresh air and recharge! Tomorrow is another day for all that!

That is all from here!
Ground Angus chuck for "taco" meat! Leftover bacon and I too have a can of sardines with my name on them! They are on sale for a buck a tin right now. I am going to get 10. They are so good for the body!!!!! I am incorporating several cans a week now for the nutrition! Unbeatable! They even have calcium!

Have an AWESOME day!
  #1424   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 08:24

BF:

Jazz sorry the dairy nails ya but know I don't do alot of dairy anymore even tho I do ok on some...........key being when it suits me it suits me but it is more left behind now longer I go forward.

It nails you....has to be dumped and feel for ya on that one but the body showed you.....now you do you on that info as ya want, and learn as ya need.

Hey the Queen. I just saw a video stating her longevity was she drank 3 Dr Pepper sodas per day.......that kept her alive that long. Come on LOL Yea she says it in the video

remember while she has MASSIVE beyond stress any of us could phathom she had a support team on her 24/7 thru her entire life. She never was a person who thought she could lose her home. Out on the street. No med care and more so while I feel her direction and love the Q to no end, yes I am a super fan here LOL she did not lead a life lead by 99.9% of the entire global population ya know. We have to think real terms here, real life on what life is for each of us and bob and weave for survival. That takes a toll...needing survival on the lowest levels like billions are doing from day 1 of birth ya know. So the uber uber rich can't go there ever as 'something to strive?' cause it can't happen from that life to anyone elses ya know.

sooner than later since you are in your zc zen area, you will adapt your plan to specifically suit you totally. Like NO other info comes into it ever, you eat for you as you need only. I eat sardines ONLY when they are calling my name. I eat high fat ONLY when I want it. I eat leaner only when the body says do it and you are right in that area of finding only you on zc. So love it! Ya came a long way baby!!!!! More power to ya!!!
  #1425   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-22, 18:29

BF:

Trig- I feel more empowered EVERYDAY. And truly in this whatever you want to call it - frekin AMAZING. Like a high without drugs! Just really good- and KNOCKING on wood.

Yes I am tweaking what is good for me as far as fat vs protein and that sweet spot.

Tonight, I mixed the leftover tuna salad with a can of sardines because I feel FOR ME that I need that extra calcium and magnesium and all the frekin extra it gives. I put hot sauce on that bad boy and rolled it up in an egg wrap and it was really good. I added also bacon to the wrap! PLEASE shut the front door!!!!!!!! EXTRA YUM !!!!!!

I am loving this foodie life.
1) the way it makes my gut feel
2) the way I feel mentally and physically like I am aging backwards.
3) It just feels like the way a human should eat without all the processed garbage and sugar. I am finally thriving. (knocking on wood). But dang it,,, I feel better than I have in YEARS!

I am not yet to goal- but I am already that success story waiting for my body to catch up. I am not turning back, nor am I going back to the garbage way of SAD diet. It is truly exciting for me to keep discovering Carnivore ways to eat that just is better and better with nutrition and minerals and just fuel to keep me healthy and strong!
Also add that I am so grateful I am not sick, or disabled at my age without insurance. You are so right, the Queen was always the best of the best. Chef, maids, personal ladies in waiting...... wow....... you and me.....well we are common folk and cook and do our own house! We are stronger for it! We know what is good for us- thank goodness we figured it out! You know at the end of the day you can have all the money in the world but if you don't have your health you are SOL. I'd rather have health.

Hey love the conversation

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Oct-06-22 at 18:35.