Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 15:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (modified)
Stats: 208.5/191/140 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool Northern California

Hello..

I'm trying to start a NorCal LC group. I'm from the Bay Area (San Francisco native but just moved to Contra Costa). I look forward to meet all you NorCal/Bay area locals.

J
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/205/170 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 77%

Central Valley up in this!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: 09/18/06 Low Carb/Atkins
Stats: 245/180/135 Female 5'2"
BF:BMI 33%
Progress: 59%
Default San Joaquin Valley...Manteca, Ca

I don't see anybody in my area. Looks like SF is the place near me. Even though I'm in the valley and you all are Bay area...
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 10:37
Registered Member

Default Stockton

All Right, I found a Low Carber near my town... Hello there...
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-06, 10:05
Registered Member

Stats: 320/205/170 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 77%

Manteca eh? FABULOUS. Sort of.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 15:50

Stats: 205/141/145 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MommyOf2
Hello..

I'm trying to start a NorCal LC group. I'm from the Bay Area (San Francisco native but just moved to Contra Costa). I look forward to meet all you NorCal/Bay area locals.

J

Hi! I'm in San Jose. What city do you live in?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 20:06

Plan: Atkins (2 mo SBD) Atkins!
Stats: 271/225/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Smile Hi NorCal'ers! Great to see you!

Hey there, to all that are still reading this threads,

We seem to be spread all over up here in beautiful and some not so beautiful areas of NorCal eh?

I am basically east of Sac and West of Sonoma, Co. I guess you could say that I am stuck in limbo ~ not to be mistaken for Lodi although I hear Lodi has grown up nicely. Does anyone know if that is true or was someone pulling my leg?

My hopes are that those of you that have posted in this thread long ago have done very well and have made or are nearing goal. I hope for those that are still striving (as I am) to get to goal and that have the desire to get to goal do great too. We can do this. We can oh yes we can, can!

Me? I have not had my heart in it so not so great for me I am afraid to report, but it is up to me to correct that. I am going to give it my best to get the rest of this weight (burden) off of my body. I did lose about 30 pounds oh let's see about 4 years ago, but then I lost my appetite, started forgetting to eat, metabolism slowed, frustration set in after a year of nothing but fluctuations and here I am sitting at about the same place I was about 4 years ago. I managed to not gain any of that weight back is the plus side to this embarassing story. It could be worse. I used to lose and then gain back all of it plus more and throw the towel in. That was over 6 years ago though I am happy to say I kicked that harmful habit, thankfully.

I hope that you all did well over Memorial weekend. I managed to do exceptionally well considering that I am starting over again so to speak. Take care, love, honor yourself and treat yourself with kindness. That is the least we can do while moving towards our goals. A good sense of humor helps too though.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-31-07, 23:41

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

howdy i'm a somewhat neighbor here in suisun city. we've been here about six years, having transplanted from beautiul sunny consistent weather san diego. lol! i firmly believe that someday the constantly changing temperature and heavy winds will drive me over the edge. lol! by the by, i am synde, not something you see too often. is your name really sindy? just curious
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-07, 12:54

BF:

Hello all!

It's good to see some fellow Nor Cal low carbers actually do exist. I don't post to this board very often, but do like to check in now and then.

I live in San Jose. I've been seriously LCing since October of last year and have lost 37 lbs to date. I've got about 20 more to go. Would you like to share your progress and goals?
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-07, 02:22
Registered Member

Hello San Jose,
Well, I've only been back on LC for 1 week and finally feeling good again. As of yesterday I have lost 7 lbs. of the 50 lbs I had gained back, but I was finally ready to get serious about loosing weight and being happy on this LC way of life.
Judy from Manteca
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-07, 13:40

Plan: Dr.Atkins diet
Stats: 259/254/199 Female 5'6/64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello All, im in Sacramento CA I have been here for a year and before this i was in the bay area my hole life. Im new to LCing although im still motivated at this point. i feel like ive lost alot of water weight. im taking walks as much as possible to get as much exercise as i can in this heat! But anywho its great to meet u all
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 17:40

BF:

Welcome, Cind3r3lla and congrats on your loss. Keep going the way you are and you'll be at goal before you know it.

Judy, are you still around?
What about you, Playdoh?
Sindy? Are you here?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-07, 02:09

Plan: Dr.Atkins diet
Stats: 259/254/199 Female 5'6/64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

thanx snowangel, that is very motivating. today was my first week anniversary and i celebrated and i got too stuff on food i probably shouldnt have eaten. I had a chicken wrap, cheesestix, and a couple fries. I feel horrible now and feel like i totally messed up! im so mad, so i came home and power walked around my apt. complex, i feel a lil better. all u LCers that have lost so much weight are all my mentors and are so motivating to me. it shows me that i might actually be able to do it!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 10:42

BF:

Try not to beat yourself up too much about it. Just let it go and get back on your eating plan. One of the things that I have learned is not to reward myself with food. If I meet a goal, I have to give myself something like a new pair of shoes, a manicure or pedicure, take myself to a movie, etc. It gets the focus off food, since using food for comfort and love is one of the things that got so many of us to the point of needing to lose in the first place.

If you are doing Atkins, you really do need to get through 2 weeks of completely clean Induction. That will get you well into ketosis, and after that it will be much easier to avoid the carby foods that are so tempting.

Good Luck!

You said in a previous post that you moved to Sac from the Bay Area about a year ago. What took you over there? I ask because DH and I are thinking about moving, and Sac is one of the places we are looking at.

Have a great day!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 15:03

Stats: 212/200/165 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Smile North Sacramento

Hi All, I am so glad ot see some LCrs in Northern California. Happy to meet you!! Altho I find it's fun to connect with people all around the world. I live in North Sac, that area that used to be flooded farmland most winters. So I picked a 2nd floor apartment, If it weren't for this drought we are having...

Well, as for LC, I did Atkins about 25 years ago or so, down 20 lbs worth, and now, Up Many Pounds More, I started again, but based on a faulty memory of how to do it. I am reading Atkins' 1972 book painstakingly, and finding out how to do it right. I requested the New Diet Revolution from the library and will see if I like it enough to buy it. People seem to use it a lot.

I am enjoying reading successful people's earliest journal entries to see what they ate when they were starting out. Lots of good ideas on this site. I am basically lazy and look forward to having easy-to-fix, fast food for myself. I am preparing more food than I used to before LC'g. Maybe after I lose some more weight I'll be less lazy? How is everyone doing? Let us know.