Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%
Default Week 1 - The numbers are in!

Okay, so actually, tomorrow is the end of week #1, but I can't stand to weigh myself on a weekday morning, particularly on a Monday morning. If the number isn't good, it just ruins your entire day! So I weighed in this morning instead. Now, I actually had a couple of cheats during the week. Nothing serious.....a couple of spoonfuls of white cheddar mashed potatoes at lunch that were irresistable, and 3/4 of a multi-grain bun.

Drum roll, please.......I lost 3.5 lbs in 6 days! Woo hoo!!!

I never went hungry and I love the food on this diet. Just getting to eat beans again and drink milk again is a Godsend. Oh, and I got the book on Friday and read up. I didn't read phase 2 or 3 yet since I figure I have another week to go until I can think about moving on.

I'm very happy!

Oops! Just realized I should have said that I had 3/4 of a HALF A BUN. Not 3/4 of the bun. A small error, but hey, when you're watching what you eat, everthing matters!

Last edited by scorpio381 : Sun, Apr-15-07 at 11:14.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:38

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

Wow Scorpio! That is super good considering you really don't have that much to loose!! Good for you and I hope you hit your goal in record time. Okay now I'm curious, since your plan shows as "on the fence" does that mean you are on maintenance at this point and lost most of your weight or did you start out at 139 lbs.? IF so, lol, did you do it on SB or what? Wish you had a journal so I'd not have to ask so many questions. lol
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissie_12
Wow Scorpio! That is super good considering you really don't have that much to loose!! Good for you and I hope you hit your goal in record time. Okay now I'm curious, since your plan shows as "on the fence" does that mean you are on maintenance at this point and lost most of your weight or did you start out at 139 lbs.? IF so, lol, did you do it on SB or what? Wish you had a journal so I'd not have to ask so many questions. lol

Hi Cisse! Thanks for the congrats!

Originally I was on Atkins, so when I updated my profile as I changed over to SBD, I put "on the fence" because I didn't know if I'd like the SBD or if it would work for me. But now that I know I like it and it works, I'm going in to change it!

I started out at 139 lbs last Sunday, April 8th so the weight I lost since then was on the SBD.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 11:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Thats wonderful! Congrats!!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the food on SBD....I love it!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 11:53

I see. I thought of trying SBD myself but to be honest with you it confuses me. From what I hear you can have more veggies and fruits on that woe. What I do is just try to stay around or below (sometimes averages out) 20 carbs. daily and that means whatever I want so long as I'm within that range. Fruits really eat up those carbs. but are so worth it every now and then.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 12:11
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
I see. I thought of trying SBD myself but to be honest with you it confuses me. From what I hear you can have more veggies and fruits on that woe. What I do is just try to stay around or below (sometimes averages out) 20 carbs. daily and that means whatever I want so long as I'm within that range. Fruits really eat up those carbs. but are so worth it every now and then.

If you are interested in any plan, I suggest that you do get the facts right so that you can make an informed decision.

We can have an unlimited amount of phase I veggies...we eat no fruit or starch during our phase I...almost identical to Atkins Induction except for the fact that we can eat as much of those veggies as we like and have
1-2 cups of dairy,
2-2x 1/3 cup servings of beans each day and
3- enough protein to keep us feeling full.
4-We can also have 1 nut serving per day.
Our carb count in phase I eating all that is well over 20 a day( more like 40-50) and we sill have great losses in our first 2 weeks.

You can see all of this in our Meal Plan Guides and Food Lists located near the top of this forum.

That is what we are allowed in phase I....some will cut that way back eliminating the beans and nuts. We each need to do what works for us as individuals.

YMMV!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 12:20

Quote:

Cissie,
I've done Atkins for a very long time. Did the induction, then did more of a modified plan, eating a cheeseburger with a bun every now and then. To me, the SBD is much easier. You don't need to count this or that. You still get lots of veggies and when you move into phase 2 and 3, you can add fruits (within limits). I'm looking forward to adding an apple every now and then. You can't do that on Atkins until you're really far along in the plan.

You should try it for two weeks (phase 1) and see what you think. You'll find everything you need to know within the stickies at the top.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Thats wonderful! Congrats!!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the food on SBD....I love it!!

Thanks Judy!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 12:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 280/211/200 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Scorpio that's fantastic! Great work so far. And I'm glad you were able to get your copy of the book. So how long were you on Atkins, and what was your original starting weight - I'm curious to see how far you've come - because you're already at a pretty low weight.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 12:27

[QUOTE=Judynyc]If you are interested in any plan, I suggest that you do get the facts right so that you can make an informed decision.

Okay I didn't think my comments were offensive... Did I hit a nerve here or what? I don't know if I need to apologize or what.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
Scorpio that's fantastic! Great work so far. And I'm glad you were able to get your copy of the book. So how long were you on Atkins, and what was your original starting weight - I'm curious to see how far you've come - because you're already at a pretty low weight.

Thanks Iceman!

I've been doing modified Atkins on and off for the last 5 years or so. I've never been extremely heavy and I've always kept a tight rein on my weight. My mother is heavy and my sister had gastric bypass 2 years ago. I've always been very conscious of my weight and never allow myself to go past a certain point. I'm normally in the 135 to 140 lb. range, but I'd love to get down to the 125 to 130 lb. range. Unfortunately, I'm at an age where it's difficult to lose easily and if you do, people think you're sick or dying (55).
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 13:42
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
If you are interested in any plan, I suggest that you do get the facts right so that you can make an informed decision.

Okay I didn't think my comments were offensive... Did I hit a nerve here or what? I don't know if I need to apologize or what.

NO!! No apology!!...sorry if it sounded that way......many people think that they know what South Beach is and mostly they don't and get the wrong information. Thats the only reason why I responded to you that way.

Good Luck in whatever you chose to do!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 21:11

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Congrats, Scorpio! That's superb! I'm so glad you're enjoying your food and feeling good, too!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerk
Congrats, Scorpio! That's superb! I'm so glad you're enjoying your food and feeling good, too!

Thanks sundancerk!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 13:29
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Wow, well done scorpio!! Keep up the great work