Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#406   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-24, 16:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Nic- I swear your life just gets better and better and better and better.......... so truly happy for you! Happy for you all! These are the memories TODAY that will make you smile tomorrow!!!! Hold them dear and close!

Lori- Awesome you are getting in your play time!!! It will be hot before we can blink! Trust me give it a second and we are complaining about heat! LOLOLOL
I agree though FROST?!?!?!?!?!?

Trig- Hey lady- yanking your chain!!!!!
------------------------------------------------

Saw a patient early this morning and got 2 reports completed and I am just beat. I am back at it tomorrow.

I cracked a molar - not just a hair line crack- NO a full BREAK/CRACK. Non-repairable. IT's either going to be a cap or GAWD forbid a implant. It will be one big arse hole if they pull it. It is the BIG molar too!
I had to check today to see what my Dental benefits were. Not stellar. 2K doesn't get far with a molar. I know that implants are 3K. Sighhhhhhhh
Got an appointment next week for a consultation. So I am eating on the other side. I can't put ANY pressure at all on that tooth!
I love getting old................. NOT! LOLOLOLOL

Woe- Soft burgers for lunch, all beef Telton Hotdogs for dinner. That is it. 1 small wine and that is that. Kicking up my feet to sleep tonight- I rolled around last night.

Later ladies.
Sponsored Links
  #407   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 05:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had a great night's sleep and I'm feeling better today. I was dragging last evening after being up so early yesterday. Golf was ok....still a bit windy and cold when we started. Playing again today at Noon.

I went to the Chiro for my maintenance appt. yesterday and today I have the Ortho Dr. I'll see what he says, but I don't want any procedure at this point. It is a lot better since the medication got the inflammation out. If it was still as bad as it was a couple months ago, I would consider having something done. Status quo for now.

--------

Trig....Great news on the land deal. Hope it all goes thru without a hitch.

Jaz....Oh no on the tooth! OMG.....it's always something. Is it extremely painful? Sure hope not.

Nic....Is the new little family settling in? So sweet! Oh....I sent you a text with the details of my Transatlantic cruise.

--------

Well, I have a few minutes before I have to hit the shower and get ready for my Dr. appt. I hope he's on time and not running late. Sun is shining and I'm ready to hit the golf course!
  #408   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 07:06

BF:

Good Tuesday

I too woke up feeling really great! I got good sleep last night. It is amazing the difference sleep makes. Anyway, my tooth doesn't hurt as long as I don't use that side of my mouth! LOL I have gotten good and pushing stuff to the other side!

Lori
- Enjoy your game. I 100% agree if your knee isn't bothering you don't poke it! Keep on rolling as is.

Sounds like things are humming along for you as well. Your reno done and Spring is here!

Trig- Heya lady! I know you are most likely cleaning stuff out! Goodness!
Add that to deals and steals! LOLOLOL Go you!

Nic- How is that bundle of sweetness. I am so happy for ya! I love the smell of a "fresh baby". Sounds weird doesn't it!!! LOLOLOL - I love their little feet and hands- oh the cuteness overload!
My "little" is now 5 and playing softball today! Of course this Gigi will be sitting right there cheering like mad.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new perspective on work. I woke up and it all came to me! I don't have to love or even LIKE what I am doing. It is just the bridge to get me to where I want to be. I am not going to burn it. I already know I won't be there in 6 months. So I am grateful it is keeping my lights on until I no longer need it.

I put in an application to the American Diabetes people. I would love to get back into working in that realm again. I really do have a passion for working with Diabetics. If ya'll remember I TRIED to get certified in it and flunk that test by 6 lousy questions! TWICE! LOLOL

Second I have real interview tomorrow with a nation company for a director position for oversite of accounts with various insurances companies. Not steller- but it is a WFH gig that pays well. None of this travel. I am over traveling for this job.

All to be said- I am hopeful! It just cheers me to know I am not yet done. Close, but not yet!

WOE- I am feeling stellar on it. I am tweaking the small stuff right now, spices, sauces- it steak sauce, primal sauces, mayo ect. All good. The scale will move.

Got a grands game tonight. Sun is out! I got my LAST skort I ordered for the season. It is SO frekin cute on too! It is pink and white little flowers. I am addicted to skorts. They so flatter the figure.

Anyway....... Just doing my thing and taking the day as it comes.

Have a good one!
  #409   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 10:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I know your time is being used up fast and furious with a big smile on your face

Lori, it is great you are finding that middle more painfree ground on your knee. darn right take time to see where you are at before doing anything. sounds like ya might be in a good zone on it right now!

yea golf still is early to push up in PA and heck I am so more south and golf is not pushing here hard either LOL alot more rainy and windy. but luckily we are heading into May some things are gonna come our way for sure.

--------------sorry MIA a bit. got alot hitting us it seems, the when it rains it pours is on me right now LOL

ugh

I was so starved. made a 1.13 lb meatloaf. 90/10 burger and 2 eggs, got it out of oven and pulverized it, now damn near 1pm now and I waited too long to eat....whew....hunger gone....can barely finish last bites but damn I will

dinner? who knows, ate this later than normal so will see what and when I might want......always got a lb. of shrimp for my easy backup food later.

OK off to get'er done.....be good all

OH OH OH VERIZON F'D us up again..........DO NOT get me started and we are 'trying like heck' to correct it but no one is saying the same thing over there and no one has a 'f'ing' clue on our acct or what we chatted about to fix before......I gotta say this is SO depressing literally that I handed it over to the Chop and said I am out. I am brain dead over them............ok story to be continued.

but ya know how the Chop is all NO LEAVE Verizon? well if this continues too long I bet your bottom dollar when I move us to a new carrier he WILL be fine with it cause when my 'final hammer' goes down, ALL fall in line.....yes this momma holds all the actual cards for the winning hand in the end.

damn I sound horrible huh HAHA NOT lol
  #410   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 14:29

BF:

Good results from the MRI. Dr. says I have a slight tear, but nothing that needs fixed. I told him I'm good since the injection and 10 days of Meloxicam and he was pleased. He checked my range of motion and all good. He said if it flares up again, try another couple weeks on the meds and I can have up to 4 injections a year, if needed. Since the drugs got the inflammation out, I'm feeling almost normal on it. He said to call him if I need him.

A nice afternoon on the golf course and now I'm down for the count. Stopped and got subs for dinner....easy and done. No golf for the next couple days. Will just be puttering around the house doing this and that.

"See" you tomorrow!
  #411   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-24, 20:23

BF:

Lori, hey is that the Dr. that bought Betty's home? Is this the Dr that is now fixing you up so good? just wondering, I remember you saying you might see the Doc that bought her home.
  #412   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 03:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....Yes, my Ortho Dr. is the one who bought B's house. I like him and he's very easy to talk to. He doesn't try to rush you out of the office to get to the next in line. So glad I don't have to have anything done with this old knee.....yet!

Nic.....Catching up on your sleep? How is the little love bug doing?

Jaz....I know your heart is with Diabetes education/care. I hope things work out for you to do something in that area.

--------

Looking forward to just hanging around the house and maybe doing a small grocery store run today. Oh....and the ever present laundry. They delivered the roll off dumpster to our backyard yesterday, so we have to start pitching "stuff" into that. We have all the debris from the remodel to get rid of plus junk that has accumulated in the barn and attic over the past 170 years! It's a huge dumpster, much bigger than we'll need, but we have some big items to toss into it. Our son and grandson are coming this weekend to help haul stuff out.

I'll need several cups of coffee to get me going this morning. I could have used a couple more hours of sleep.
  #413   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 05:55

BF:

I'm back!

Took out pooch, poured more coffee and taking a small minute before I need to check in. Sighhhhhhhhhhh So not into "work" today. I am SO over writing reports so some company can cash in on it. Yeaaaaaaah
Oh well....... So much for that positivity!

Today is going to be a beautiful day here! Truly a stellar day! I am going to take my lunch hour and go to the park with Ruger. Happy about that!

Lori- I am confused that your reno guys didn't clean up after the mess? Huh... aren't they PAID to do that? Oh well- I guess you can declutter with a big dumpster!

So let me understand this. You went to the doctor, you felt great, went to play golf and your knee acting up? Bummer. Glad though it is not needing a surgical intervention. Maybe the injections will help it heal up. It will too eventually.

So interesting you like subs. I would be STARVING after a sandwich. Bread makes me crave more. HOWEVER, I saw this lady on your tube make a "pizza" salad. She used shredded lettus and added to her salad, pepperoni, black olives, deli ham, provolone, cherry tomatoes and topped it with a tiny bit of parm. Added her Italian dressing. DANG that looked really good. Not in the mood though for lettus though! LOL

Trig
- Girl.... I practically STROKE out over Bullsh!t like getting hammered but an incompetent provider. I know I go over the top when stuff like that- then you call and nobody speaks ENGLISH! I so feel ya. Best to walk away.

Yum on that meatloaf! I made meatballs last week. So good, no sauce was needed.
Sometimes I just make up some ground beef and add a TINY bit of Primal Sauce. I also like some scrambled eggs to it.

Getting the pool ready? Waiting till the pollen stage of Spring is over?

Nic- waiting to hear how's it going!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just cruising along. Went to the grands baseball game last night. She and he both had games at the same time. So I watched hers first then watched his for 10 minutes. Got in at 8 pm and was just tired. Putting in full days at work. Exhausting.

Woe- doing so well on it. I am thriving on a meat heavy diet. Still wanting to move the scale needle.

I am also heading over to Trader Joes sometime today. They have the BEST coffee and I do like the citrus spice blend they sell. It is a pretty clean spice blend, no sugar. I use it for chicken and even steak.
So, that is on my to do list.

Rock on kids!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Apr-24-24 at 06:52.
  #414   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 06:03

BF:

Lori you got a dumpster too LOL this must be dumpster week or something HAHA We have another dumpster coming next wk. they are hauling this full one off tomorrow and hubby wanted some break time in between. I also am sending some of my home stuff into the dumpster. Need to get rid of the crappy futon in the back playroom along with the throw rugs etc. Kiddo destroyed alot of stuff back there and time for new replacements...lol...

170 yrs....girl your place can almost be tagged historic in some way Do you know it's past and what happened on the property thru this long time? Just interesting when an old homestead is still standing after all that time. Your barn? Is it original? Old barn wood goes for alot of money these days.

Cool that is the Dr that fixed you up and ya got along good with him thru the sale, so it must be real good to be comfortable with him to handle your knee. You hit gold there

waiting on Nicco and Jazz updatees

------------hubby got verizon handled. ok not much to rant. but no idea what my bill will become. I can't take it anymore HA just wait and see. I don't even wanna think about it at all.

Pool. My pool is becoming a dark green nasty stagnating pond.
What is today? You guessed it. I got the filter reassembled and ready to run. Today is pool day. OMG. I will be dumping in SO much chems to handle this along with tons of bleach. Gotta hit super hard and super concentrated and see what goes down....here we go again ugh....lol.....but key is my vacuum pole literally rusted apart, ordered new one and hopefully will come today or tomorrow for delivery. need that when I start this process...better get here darn fast.

the Chop is now scared of the land deal on the commercial property. he has appt with real estate lawyer but he is like, hmmm, should we hire Lisa (real estate broker we know well) and just put all this in her hands) so she can help negotiate the contract? or chat with lawyer dude and he tells us if this is ok? or ..... tackling a big sale got the Chop worried.......eh I said see lawyer first, then decide. I think the amt of money on the sale hit home and he is worried to even sign anything....eh, it will move forward....see where it goes.

we gotta tackle Sarah full on very soon. boo. gonna be intersting on how this proceeds, let ya know if more crazy goes down but she had time now to absord the fact the old place is going for sale so that is good.

ok off I got to get life and pool tackled. be good all
  #415   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 06:21

BF:

Trig.....Oh yeah, we know pretty much all the history on this place since it was built for DH's great great grandparents when they got married in 1852. Been in the family since day #1. My MIL told me many stories of her growing up here. I'm afraid DH & I will be the last of the family to live here. I can't see any of our grandkids here. Time will tell, I suppose.
  #416   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 09:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori I love love love the history of that old house and it being in the family all that time. That is just gorgeous.

Glad you have a Dr that is making your knee work out well for you. Well enough, anyway!

Jaz you are doing well with your food plan lately and I can tell you are feeling happy with your family being nearby and getting to see them. So shocking that your little peanut is old enough to play softball. I cannot even imagine it! In my mind she is still teeny tiny.

Trig good luck with the pool. I hope your allergies are doing okay. I bet you are so ready to get rid of all that land and upkeep. It is a lot!!

--

Things fine here. Days are all running together the way they do when there is an infant around. I did an overnighter for them last night and got home around 9 AM. Slept for an hour and then got up- I did get some sleep over there- a couple of two hour periods. The baby did pretty well- she has been breaking her parents lolol Newborns are such a shock and there is no cure for that but time and experience.

Quiet day for me, recovery and I bet I fall asleep for a bit on the couch. I got a nice hike in yesterday. I've been trying to hike 2-3 times a week.

Hugs to all!
  #417   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-24, 06:28

BF:

Lori, that yr. 1852, just wow on that you can say it hasn't been out of the family's hands. But I so get your kids not wanting to continue with the old homestead. There is a point where a generation just says done, done, done and they want their own path. I am kinda shocked it did hold onto that much time cause usually someone bales on wanting to own it and everyone just moves forward in their own way. Old stories are so cool right? Puts that nostaglic value on it and makes one feel fuzzy over it. When the Chops parents sold their family farm near 90 acres it was also letting go of a long held family land. We almost bought it but in the end me and the Chop just didn't want that responsibilty of so much land, we knew our kid would never want to live there and thought it wasn't worth going in that direction and then having to sell and move etc. Big land is big work

Nicco, ahhh baby rules the world of course she does, she is too darn cute not too HA I bet the amt of pics taken from ya'll at this point is astronimcal lol

yea can't handle land on us anymore that we have no interest in so it all has to go. we want that freedom cut from being under all the property for sure. time to move on....

Jazz, ya freezing to death down there too like I am up here. darn cold still. so ready for that big changeover hit on temps to rise and never go back to Brrr.

------------today is mow front and along pasture and my other acreage side. blah. won't be able to function once I do that but allergy pills should keep me somewhat alive today I hope.

Pool. used 4 bags of 6 in 1 shock....3 bags of 4 in 1 shock...4 gallons of bleach, monster hit of great expensive azz Algecide, and a hefty dose of Clarifier, and 2 boxes of baking soda and within hrs. my scary dark green scum pond pool turned into a nice almost crystal clear pool......weeeee.....first hit cleared me ok. Now to keep up the work on a ton of leaves on the bottom and new vacuum pole came so still got work but right now it seems very very controllable very fast so happy as a clam on that.

today is mow then a few small chores. kinda not in the mood to do much.

kiddo coming home friday for the weekend, already got a food list from her lol....luckily short time home.

I had to top up her checking acct again, she is blowing throw money like a maniac despite me saying slow the hell down point blank.....so I put in another 700 to get her topped up and again text her to NOT spend and to slow down.....blew thru damn near all of it within 2 wks so I actually call her to have 'that talk' and I said why and what are you spending all this money on and this has to stop!!! She says well she is gonna have a job over summer so she might as well stop being frugal and spend now (when the heck WAS she ever frugal?....HUH?) what reasoning is that in anyone's world of truths? I said HAVE job, make money then spend! Not you are gonna have a job maybe later so ya can blow all my money now??? WTH? LOL I say what ya gonna do and she said she is gonna sign up for DoorDash. .....OMG.....shoot me on all this right?

this summer with her here is gonna be a long darn summer til I can ship her back to Uni for her 2nd yr....ugh.....help someone please lol, I gotta pull some tough money love on her and she ain't gonna like it one bit LOL ok whatever on that

next is also tackle the front house cause I got weeds punching thru the landscape fabric and it is getting unruly so time to buy more mulch etc and try to control all that mess. I SO HATE any landscape etc work anymore, old days enjoyed it, now over 60 I say screw it HA

be good all, off to get some stuff done around here

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Apr-25-24 at 06:33.
  #418   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-24, 08:57

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG....what a morning! A friend of DH's came at 7AM to help him hang his deer mount and some other stuff in his office. It was the only time this guy could come and we are up anyway, so why not. After they were done drilling into the brick and hanging stuff, I got to work. I had DH get all the curtains down in his office & his hunting room(4 windows) and I washed them and have them ready to rehang. I did the windows and woodwork etc etc. Brick dust all over the floor from drilling.....love it. Anyway, got it all cleaned up and feel good about all I got done. Once DH gets home, we'll put the curtains back up and that will be it for me. I also did some work on the front porch and cleaned up some of my flower bed "things". I have a ceramic toad, a metal ant and a stone pelican that I sit around the flower beds. Just little cute things that make me smile.

----------

Trig....Sounds like money burns a hole in DD's pocket! She's like...Wheee!! What can I buy next? She'll learn that it goes faster than it comes in, right? It's easy now with Mom & Dad loading up the wallet. That's a teenager for ya. Gotta love it!

Nic.....LOL.....the baby is "breaking" her parents! So true! They are so lucky to have you to give them a break and I know you are happy to be able to do it.

Jaz.....The contractors planned to take the crap, but DH told them that we were going to get a dumpster to clear out some other stuff so we could take care of it. They deducted the charge for their dumpster from our invoice. All good.

---------

Well, DH will soon be home and I think a friend of his is coming along to help throw stuff in the dumpster. I'll help where I can, but my knee is complaining a bit about all I did this morning. Sigh........

Have a good one!
  #419   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-24, 16:20

BF:

Good almost evening!

Busy frekin day. I will drop the baggage at the door here (All work related)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the last day of posts!!!! SO very cool on your old house Lori! I would love to have you share some of those stories!
I get it though regarding the next generation may not want the work of an old house. I am also surprised it has stayed in your family all this time!

Funny both you and Trig have Dumpsters going!!!!!
LOLOLOLOL

Trig- OMG the kiddo has blown through 700 bucks in just 1 or two weeks? On What? She has a food card, room and board. I am confused what she could buy? Girllllllll you gotta reel that in!!! I would put her on a budget. Best thing you can do for her honestly. She needs to have money still when she is our age. = invest and save!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on getting that pool up and running. Now is the time. I see everyone up here working on their pools. My DD pool is open already. She has a saltwater pool. Yea...$$$$ Good for the skin though.

Why is Chop nervous about the sale of the land? It sounds great. Everything will be in writing?! It should be ok.

Kiddo coming home for the weekend? Just two days? Time to cook for sure! LOL

Nic- So cool things are going so well for the family! Do you go everyday? Is everything going ok? Does LaBebe cry alot? LOLOL details! OMG they doe grow so fast. Li'bit is hitting softballs!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a doctor's appointment 8 am tomorrow. I need to establish care here in SC. I tried one doctor, and I promptly fired him. He didn't listen to a thing I said. Nope- gotta go. They can at least PRETEND to care and listen.

My colongard came back fine. One less thing to worry about. Same for my mamo. I am good on both fronts for a minute. I do need to drop some coin on this tooth! Thankfully it doesn't hurt.

I haven't slept well the past couple days so going to hit up bed early tonight!

Nothing else shaking today. I am so good with easy peasy and nothing much at the moment.

Later Gators.
  #420   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-24, 03:02

BF:

Lori, your DH's hunting room....ugh right lol....my hubby has a hunting room also. Eh enough said Only place I let him hang his deer mounts. No way I am letting those out and about in the real part of the house HA

hey at least we are throwing it out and not dumpster diving and bringing it back into our homes lol......dumpster diving, who does that truly

Nicco is all about baby!! Hope all going well.

Jazz, time for you to do a body tune up huh....get that tooth handled, an I get ya to have a good Dr you can rely on in the area. I am lucky my Dr is so good, had her for like 35 yrs, when I moved down here and hit her up and we clicked. So yea go find yourself one that clicks. Hard to find sometimes but they are out there.

----------------yea kiddo burning bucks. gotta stop it and one way is literally not transfer the money over......yea that will do it LOL I give in more cause she is my one and only ya know, so it is kinda easy to justify a bit of bank for only 1 kid. If I had more, like 2-3-4 kids my thoughts would be way more tightly controlled....ugh...will work on me working on her HA

today is mow the world
work on pool a bit
do some other smaller things here

kiddo comes home around 3 today. got dinner order placed and she wants it ready for when she walks thru the door.....ehhhh....

nothing much more, all a tad bit more quiet but around here that can change on a dime be good all