Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-18, 08:18

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Hacking Your Healthcare - Dr. Mark Hyman

from the email:

Here's a brief overview of the day-by-day curriculum, starting December 10:

Day 1 - Health Care vs. Sick Care: Questions to ask your doctor

Day 2 - Vital Signs: Heart rate & heart rate variability, blood pressure, waist-to-hip ratio

Day 3 - Nutrition: Vitamin D, red blood cell size, MTHFR (genetic marker), B12 status, magnesium, zinc, iron

Day 4 - Male & Female Hormones: Testosterone, estrogen, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone

Day 5 - Heart Disease: HDL vs. LDL cholesterol, triglycerides (insulin sensitivity), hsCRP (cardiac inflammation), homocysteine (general inflammation), fibrinogen (blood clotting risk), genetic cardiovascular risk

Day 6 - Diabesity: Blood sugar and insulin, ApoE (genetic marker for metabolic disorders and Alzheimer's)

Day 7 - Inflammation: CRP (general inflammation), ANA (autoimmune marker), white blood cell count, mycotoxin testing

Day 8 - Metabolism: Mitochondria health, coenzyme Q10 (essential cellular nutrient)

Day 9 - Detoxification: Liver function, mercury and heavy metals testing

Day 10 - Digestion: Microbiome health, food sensitivity, irritable bowel, gut permeability, celiac testing

Once the course begins on December 10, you will receive an email every morning with access to the daily lecture. After 72 hours the video will lock, as this encourages all participants to move through the course together. If you want to go at your own pace, you can buy the course (available 12/10).

Last edited by s93uv3h : Sun, Dec-09-18 at 08:26.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-18, 12:49
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Thanks for this info. I noticed that many of us are quiet. That's because of the Eating Holidays. So hard to resist going off plan.

This course could help us arm ourselves with information.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-18, 13:44

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Thank you!!!

He has a program on our local public station. I hve been thinking about how to contact his office, and see if they can suggest other doctors in the area that are on board.

Im tired of the silence when I bring up other options; or worse, the shaking of the head when ever I mention a source other than walking into a doctors office. Online info is frowned upon. Knowing more than your doctor is frowned upon. Im ready to just go see a veterinarian! Oh wait, even she said I knew more about nutrition than she did! [thud] ( ya, im frustrated.)