Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/201/205 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Two weeks and counting

Just reached the end of the induction period. It was really not that hard, after the first two days. I eat well, and feel just great. And added bonus is that after two weeks, I shed SEVENTEEN POUNDS. I adhered to the program fairly strictly, except for the coffee restriction that I have yet to see strong supporting evidence for.

The best part has been the occasional interation and frequent lurking on this board. You folks are terrific and should be proud of yourselves, each and every one.

I think that part of my success to date is tied to my metabolism. I am big, strong guy, and I excercise a lot, so I think that helps. I just used to eat massive amounts of carbs. I would come home late and have four bowls of cereal (skim milk!) or a massive plate of pasta at 10 pm. I never ate much fat, but I loved breads and muffins and the like. Ordinarily, I would be worried about a 17 pound loss in so short a time, but I feel great, and I don't think that any of it has been muscle. I played golf today and drove a ball 325 yards, so I can't have gotten too feeble! (I still didn't par the hole... bad putting... but that is a story for a different forum...)

I don't see a reason to move off induction (although I will probably introduce some more good vegs, and will certainly have a no-carb scotch or two during the game.)

I just wish every single one of you good luck. It sometimes makes me sad to read posts that betray some real insecurities and problems with food. Food is inanimate. It doesn't think. It doesn't act. It doesn't seduce. WE ALLOW it to seduce us. And all of you have the power to resist that seduction.

Again, good luck all, and I will see you around

David
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 16:43
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Way to go

Hello David,
Congratulation on losing 17 lbs. and I agree with you about food . I have learnt to not let food rule my life. I stayed on induction and the book say you can up to 6 months. I feel better at 20 carbs a day. I have added some low carb veggies and cheese to mine. Good luck and Welcome to the forumn.
Donna