Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#616   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-18, 09:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, more hugs to you. That stress was loud and clear on your last post. I hope you wake up feeling a little better.

Trig, OMG you poor thing. You are no complainer so I know you are feeling beyond horrible. I hope the medicines kick in quickly and ease some of the pressure and pain you are feeling.

Blue, each CASA case has been quite different and so I never know quite what to expect when I start. I do know that these little ones have been in a really rough environment. Honestly, they should probably have been removed a long time ago. The little ones are, gratefully, little and so in some ways have been less affected. I will be watching their development carefully. The two older kids (11, 14), well, I just cannot imagine. Those poor kids have to be pretty messed up. They have had extended periods of living with the woman who is currently caring for the Littles though, so it is nice that there is a network of people who know them and that they know, and that they are all working together. That at least helps.

It took me an hour in rush hour traffic to get there yesterday, though, so we will need to rework that. I'll probably do day visits at least twice a month and then maybe one evening visit a month bc of the location/traffic involved.

The baby fell asleep in my arms last night though and oh my, was that heaven!

I am SO EXCITED that you will have your son 'home' for Christmas! It will help him get used to the new place AND help bring that feeling of home and happy celebration to your apartment. I love it! And you guys will get done what you can get done, and then it will be what it is. You can celebrate and be happy even if a few boxes remain!

Did you go to the Dr about your knee yet? I can't remember if you said.

Lori, that is good news about your sister. I am guessing and hoping that she will be able to ease off the medicine as her healing continues. Fingers crossed for her!

CASA is great as far as "being your own boss." The times you set up, the visits you do etc are on your own schedule. If you are out of town, then you are out of town. It's very casual in that way. After all, the job is important but you aren't the attorney, or a social worker or anything like that. You are a volunteer! Texting/phone etc works to supplement visits and keep you in the loop.

MoW isn't a big time commitment either. I do it only once every two weeks and it takes me less than two hours.

••••••••••••••

Let's see, what can I share...

I've found a really yummy new product called "Gra-pow!" I heard about it on a Keto website and then Dr Berg also talked about. Clean ingredients and honestly tasty. Not "trying to like it" tasty but tasty. I waited for a sale and then got six little sample packs for about three bucks each so I could try the flavors with minimal commitment. I've only tried one so far but I really like it. I am finishing the little sample pack of that one today and then I will try another one later this week.

I am also going to try another soup recipe. I really really like the beef stew I made earlier, and yesterday I put it over a bit of cauli-rice and that was pretty good. Acceptable, not as good as rice, but okay. I have a new recipe for a shrimp bacon chowder that I am going to try, but instead of using turnip I will use radishes that I cook down first. Hopefully that will be good- they are a good potato sub IMO and I don't even like radishes!

We have a snow day today, which is a little silly but the school systems were just trying to be safe, as the weather was going to hit at the start of the school day. We had snow, freezing rain, heavy sleet. Seems to be slowing down now. DS was, of course, thrilled and is still asleep.

Tomorrow I babysit the 9 month old "emergency care" baby from 8-4. It will be sort of a longish day but good money- 160 bucks for my pocket, which goes a long way toward fun! I'll bring her to my house at midday to take out the dogs etc, which also gets me out of their house for a while! Only so much you can really do with a kid that age.

Guess that is it! I uploaded a ton of pictures to shutterfly for our annual calendar so I will work on that more today.
Sponsored Links
  #617   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-18, 12:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning ladies- almost afternoon. I have puttered away my morning and plan to putter away my day. I slept until 9- sipped coffee and talked to a few gal pals over the phone, checked in with my mom and took the dog for a walk.

Now it's going on 1:30!!!!!!! - Dang the morning over- (Nic this ones for you)- I have on not a SPECK of makeup LOL- ask me if I care. My hair if up in a pony tail and I aM in in the most comfortable lounge wear ever with my fire place now on and and my white lights on- and turned off all the lights. Dark and gray an in the 40's here. Perfect day to putter. I have a book I need to get through the first chapter as my "mentor"- friend is going to call me tomorrow so we can discuss.

I had to laugh BLUE at your comment that your boxes are like bunnies! - Maybe you were not a Star Trek buff- but there was a "Tribble" episode that was brought back to mind. It started with 1 Tribble everyone though was so cute and sweet- and then the next day it multiplied to 10 and so on and so on until the entire ship was taken over with Tribbles. Anyone see that? Funny I don't remember what they did with them. I think they found them a plant they could habitat. - it reminds me of your boxes. You need to find a place they can habitat. - I know you will before the son comes!
Have your selves come? Are you putting them in the kitchen? I can't wait for you to send a pic of your kitchen. I just can't picture a kitchen THAT big in an apt. I have lived in so many apts. and that was always my complaint was the size of the kitchens. That is where the "family lives" - one would think that they would build them BIGGER. But I know that the newer apps. Put in higher end appliances- but they are compact. I know a few people that never use their kitchens and love the single life and eat out every meal. I would be 500 pounds doing that! I love my kitchen for the most part. It too could be BIGGER!!!!! I wish I had an island. I don't even have room for a "floating" one! Maybe next house!

How is the WOE going? I know that you are really giving it some thought! It will be interesting to see what you decide is going to work for you.

NIC- I love that stew from the other day. do you know the flank steak melted like butter in the pressure cooker. I am going to find me some more recipes and pull that sucker out and start using it again. I go through spells. Where I am really in - then not so much. But since the weather is colder now- I just love some meaty comfort food in the slow cooker and the IPOT. Much the button and DONE! My kind of meal.

I think it terrific you are back to your CASA. I know you needed a break. I do have a question though. How do the parents feel about it all having people they don't know intervening with their kids? It is a court ordered thing! Are you allowed to take the kids out and about or you see them in the home with the parents present?

I know that it is funny that guys can lose so fast and gain SO little! frustrating. However, how awesome you have a partner who wants to lose with you! What a support for you!
Where are you going to get new recipes- love you tube recipe videos!!!!!!
Who all is coming for Thanksgiving? - what are you serving?

TRIG- OMG I feel for you. I thought it might be bacterial at this point! I am so glad you are on meds!!!!!! Don't forget broth is medicine too!
Feel better. How is the KIDDO doing? Do you think your hubby got it from you? Oh- one thing most people don't think about- CHANGE your tooth brush- 3 days after being on antibiotics and then when you are better! seriously- that is over looked!
Glad your Thanksgiving going to be super simple. Last thing you need to deal with is pomp and circumstance right now! You need to keep it simple and move on! Sounds like that is your plan anyway.
I hope you kick this thing sooner that later.

Lori- So glad your sister is doing so much better!!!!!! Hope she has a great time on her trip! You know I am not big on meds if you can help it- but some do provide a better quality of life!

Your hubby still has Ship crude? Maybe he needs to see the doctor- just to be sure it isn't "something". You were in different countries after all. First question doctors need to ask- have you been traveling!
Is today GYM day or running day? You lift weights too? I bet you like the machines- those have the resistance on them. Is your gym clean? That is my issue as to why I have not joined one- they are dirty and crowded. I wouldn't mind a smaller one with just ladies.
---------------------------------
Nic- you are getting SNOW????????- Lori- looks like it's heading your way too! We have had rain for the last 4 days straight. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warmer- and by Sat. 60's and PURE SUN!!!! NICE.

I am getting my house pressured washed tomorrow. It is a requirement from the home owner assoc. that everyone do that. It needs it, it will be pretty when it's done.

I am in a much better mood today. Stress is a killer and to be honest- I don't think we account for stress in our life like we should. It needs felt with like anything else. Stress does increase the Cortisol- you are right about that LORI!!!! - which increases insulin= no weight loss. I took a nice walk this morning after sleeping in and had 2 great conversations with some gal pals I have maintained contact with over the years. It was just good.

I am going to have to make an effort going forward though to build in "social" time. I will be 100% work from home and then have 100% school time after that. Add the fact I just adore my home, and the dogger and the fire place- I already feel like a homebody.
I wasn't always this way. When I was in Ohio I was never home and always out doing something- gym, parties, dinners, walks- had a huge network of friend support.
Since then I have moved so much I have not bothered to even know the names of my neighbors. Believe it or not- work had provided enough "people" time - that by the end of the dayI looked forward to coming home. Now that is going to go- I can see me becoming isolated really quick- if I don't build something in.

I have actually been going to Sunday school- to get to know people and have been liking it, for the most part. I am not the Kool-aide drinking religion sort- but I have enjoyed the social piece.
I was thinking of looking again into the "meet-up groups" in my area! But then time is key- I need to build it in. - and it needs to be close! I was in a card club here before I started school. They play tonight as a matter fact. I think I am going to start with that. Just free fun and I love to play cards. So I will go! It's every Thur evening about 2 miles up the street! Yup- I am going!

I am up a few more pound- I have not been off the wagon- but I could be making "tighter" choices. Cleaner!

I really needed a chill day- it is wonderful. I did do my post yesterday for school. So no guilt- and I will look at school tomorrow- not today. Sunday I am going to meet my Aunt, and the kids, and my mom and cousins in Greenville for a birthday brunch for my aunt. that will be fun. I am not going to see my cousin and aunt for Thanksgiving- so this will be fun. We are meeting At California Dreaming. I know that have Chicken Ceasar salad- it's a stand by for situations like this.

Off to enjoy the rest of my day!
  #618   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-18, 13:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz......today was Sport Yoga day. I am totally addicted to that class after only a few weeks! I can feel the strength building in my core & legs and arms.

My gym is new and super clean and never crowded. It is beautiful. There are a couple machines that I like, but like the dumbbells better. Maybe some day I'm there I'll snap some pictures to share with you all.

It has been snowing here for a couple hours. We are to get 8-12 inches!! DH said the roads were already getting slippery at Noon when he came home. I'm staying in! Tomorrow is run day, but I always have my treadmill upstairs, or I can wait till Saturday when it warms up to 45. I won't run on ice & snow, so it'll have to melt before I run outside again.

Enjoy your chill day Jaz!
  #619   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 05:52

BF:

Good Morning from the frozen North!

ACK.......10+ inches of snow! I will be staying in all day today. DH will be leaving shortly and starting to dig out both here, at his elderly cousins and at work! He'll be mostly on a tractor at work to clear some parking lots etc. He went last night twice to shovel sidewalks at his cousins. She has a corner lot, so a lot of sidewalk. He likes to do it several times rather than wait till he has 10 inches to shovel! He's going to use the snow blower to clear our driveway as it is way too much to shovel.

I'm hoping this snow goes quickly as I'd like to get out and run tomorrow. If nothing else, I'll be able to put on boots and go for a nice walk in the afternoon.

Despite tracking and eating well this week, no loss AGAIN. I'm trying not to focus on that and just keep on keeping on. I'll have to reread Tony's emails for some inspiration/motivation. I think I need to shove the dang scale into a closet and forget about it.

I made the best pork loin roast I've ever made last night. It melted in your mouth. It was just a small boneless loin roast....just under 2 lbs. Here's the recipe I followed:

Rub roast with salt, pepper & garlic powder(I used Everything But the Bagel seasoning)

Put on rack and roast at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 150. They said 20 min/lb, but it took mine longer to reach that temp.

Take out of oven and cover with foil, let rest for 30 minutes.

Increase oven to 475 degrees and put the roast back in for 10 minutes. Carve and serve.

Unbelievably good! I will use this method whenever I do a pork loin.

Ok gang.....time for more coffee.
  #620   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 06:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori....10 inches of snow. OMG I would have to hang myself. feel for ya on that.

off to take kid to urgent care for meds. she got it. 2 days sore throat and hacking and headache, I ain't waiting on her LOL like I would me

2 hr school delay for possible ice.....omg this winter crap is kicking in so early and I despise it to the max.

she had yesterday off due to sick and today.....meds are needed now for her fast

off we go...…….ugh....…..
  #621   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 09:09

BF:

LORI- 10 inches!!!!!!! NO THANK YOU!!!!!- Sunshine and 58 today! That is cool for us- then back to 60's for while- that is cool! I loved your pic though- I can love it through YOU!
What are you subscribing too that gives you a news letter?

On the pork loin- why do you think it was so good? It is odd- that you would put it back in the oven. What is the rational for that? It sounds really good though. I might make that for dinner. What did you have with it? I love the fact it's fast and easy.

I would NOT worry about the scales- those last 10 pesky pounds are a bit*ch. But I have not had that issue in a long while! But again we all have to feel comfortable in our skin!

TRIG- I was worried the kiddo would get it. I am glad you are hitting it early for her. Did the hubby get antibiotics too? Don't forget new toothbrushes!!!! Just saying!
Glad you have the weekend to recoup! -
Did you make any soup?

Blue- how's the NEST coming along? -Did you say you were working on some smaller projects as well? I have a question. So back about 5 years ago I was sitting in a WORDPRESS workshop with all this 20 something kids and spoke computer geek to me. Well..... I did hear one of them say something about a "place"- they go where people post jobs- and others put in a bid. It is in the cyber world- but it's a place people connect for jobs. do you know what I am saying? Ever heard of it? I have been racking my head trying to think of it!

NIC-
did you get snow? I heard MD- got hammered! WOW!
How did your babysitting go?
---------------------------------------------------
Getting out and about today after they are done power washing my house. Want to take the pooch and get her nails trimmed and ground. OMG- speaking of...... So I have a friend who recently lost her dog of 13 years. It was a Bishon. Well- I went on the humane Society and the rescue sites to see if there were only on those. I can't see paying 2300 for a dog when there are so many BEGGING for homes! Well I should not have seen all those sad puppy faces. Made me want to bring them all home! - Thankfully the right brained self kicked in and I got off those sites! Can't do another dogger right now.

I might look for another gym- god knows they are like churches down here- one on every corner. -

In a WAY better mood. - be back later- have a GREAT day
  #622   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 10:47

BF:

Jaz.....I get email updates from a weight loss coach named Tony Schoeber. His website is coachcalorie.com I just subscribed and get free emails. I like his philosophy, although he does not push LC.

I think the pork roast was so good because of letting it sit for 30 minutes covered with foil after getting it up to the correct internal temp. So tender! The 10 minutes at 475 heats it back up and sears the outside. Oh....and we had sauerkraut and mashed potatoes(for DH) with it.

It is warming up and some of the snow is melting. Our power went out at 8:30 this morning and was out for 2 hours. There was a lot of trouble with trees snapping off and taking down power lines. We're lucky that we were only 2 hours without power!

Well....I did it. Registration opened for the half marathon in Great Smokey Mountain National Park in September and I signed up! DH is going to do the 5k on the Friday evening and I'll do the half on Saturday. Woohoo!
  #623   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 18:46

BF:

Trig, so sorry the kiddo is sick now. Hopefully with catching it sooner with her it won't be as bad.

Lori, YAY!! you are signed up! Very excited for you. Is it a particularly hilly route, being that it is at the Smokies? I'm glad you get to have a little mini vacation out of it too.

Thanks for the pork loin recipe. So this is a roast and not the smaller tenderloins that you can buy, right? Do you know what I am talking about?

I usually cook my pork to a lower temp, like 145 or even slightly less, and it seems like with that recipe you could get away with that easily!

Jaz, I'm sorry that you are up a few pounds. Glad you got a day to chill out (or two) and your house is all power washed and looking good. How often does that have to be done according to the HOA? Your Sunday plans sound fun.

Blue- Hugs!

••••••••••••

I've got a cold messing around with me, darn it! I started with a small sniffle yesterday, today no sniffle but a definite sore throat. I had a headache too and finally took an Advil around 4 and it backed off. I'm supposed to go to a game night tomorrow night and promised to go bc a friend would only RSVP to go if I was going, so I don't want to leave her in the lurch. I just texted her that I will be the best excuse to not stay too long.

My shrimp chowder turned out pretty well! I had some for dinner. I made it a little spicy, not much but a little, and my sore throat was confused bc the hot feels good but the burn not so much. Still, I would definitely make this chowder again and the beef stew also, so that is two more soups to add to the books. Soup is so great in the winter time!

Kept the baby today and I gotta say, she is a little sweetheart. Thus far she is truly an easy child. I cannot complain about her one bit. Her dad was there, working from home, which is not my favorite situation ever. He's nice as can be but there is something inherently awkward about taking care of someone's baby when they are there. It feels the way it does when you teach in a classroom and someone comes to observe, or when you are driving and a police car is near. You just feel a little more tense about normal things happening, like the baby crying. Luckily she is just so sweet and did very little of that.

My car is in the shop.. the engine light came on, so I swung it by the mechanic so he could see what the code is. Turns out it is something covered under warranty so I took it to the dealer and dropped it off. Hopefully they can deal with it tomorrow and if not then I can get my car back on Monday. DS16 is now out of school until the Monday after T-day and I think DS20 comes home on Tuesday.

Guess that is it from me. Going to try to rest up some and get well before it gets worse!
  #624   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 18:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---SO glad you got some antibiotics. I had a bacterial sinus infection last winter and it was the WORST. Man, I felt so incredibly crummy. And I swear my sinus thing has never been the same since. But once I got the antibiotics I was a different woman w/in 2 days. Hope it works that way for you!

Lori---Yay you on the 1/2 marathon!!! You committed and I have come to know about you that means it's as good as done. Well, except for the months of training and those last 13 miles. Meantime, having this as a goal is going to trim you up like no one's business.

Your pork loin sounded great. It reminded me of a book I want to rec to you cooks out there. It's called "Salt, Fat Acid, Heat: Mastering the elements of Good Cooking." So, my gal pal great cook read this and she said it changed the way she cooked, and it's not complicated. Her food was always good, but now it's been stepped up by what she learned in this book. Check it out gals, it gets 5 solid stars on Amazon---457 reviews. I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

AND, it's a 4 hour series on Netflix if you don't want to buy the cookbook. I'm trying to get hubby to watch it w/me so I can eat even better while he does the cooking. You'd think he'd want to watch it, but for some reason he totally resists cooking shows, and most cook books.

Also for those of you gals who read them, I really enjoyed Lori's Tony e-mails. Lots to scrub thru w/the things he brings up. Can't wait to discuss in Charleston. Thanx for sending, Lori.

Nic---Thanx for telling more about your new CASA project. SIGH, a baby asleep in your arms---bliss, and for the baby too. I'm so glad you're going to be in those Littles' lives. You will make a difference, not a doubt about it.

Jaz---I remember the Tribbles, and yes eggggggzactly!!

I can't believe you're already working from home. Seems like it happened so fast. One minute it was a daily dose of the hair pulling witch and the next you're cozy in front of your fire, dogger at feet, earning your way. SO FAB.

Do agree you have to make more efforts to get out, but having worked out of my home for over 30 years, I can say that will all come to you and fill out and be great. You'll still have colleagues, but now they won't be the only game in town. New life, girl. It's a good thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thing I love about my new life for today has to do with last night. I think I've mentioned I have a couple friends who live in this building, one who I'm particularly close to. So about 5 yesterday she called me and said she got a new rug and wanted me to come up and see it. I was like, be there in a sec. Started wondering around looking for my shoes, and then I realized, I don't need no shoes. Yep, just padded down the hall and up the elevator in my stocking feet. How cool is that?

On the not so sunny side, I'm tempted to go into a rant about the odyssey that has been trying to get this kitchen storage unit, but I don't have the energy. Suffice to say it's been a huge hassle, ended up canceling the order and finding it somewhere else. It will be another week or two till we get it. But it's the one I want so I'm going to be patient---something I can always use more practice at.

Good day, had fun get together for drinks and bar shuffleboard with colleagues from big client. Nice to still be considered part of the team even though my part is much smaller.

Off to have a hot, pounding shower (our water pressure here is a beautiful thing) then cuddle up for some TV. Hoping y'all are having a cozy Friday night.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Nov-16-18 at 20:50.
  #625   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 20:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Oh, and Jaz, I can't answer your question as to what sounds like an on line job bulletin board. There are so many these days, w/LinkedIn being the big one for a lot of jobs, but then there's the home repairs, re-hab, contractor, painter, plumber etc kind of jobs and they also have many sites.

I find the best way to find work is still good old fashioned networking w/the people you know or have worked with. It's not fast, and one has to "throw the penny" a lot to come up heads, but it for me it's still the most productive way to find work. None of it is easy.

The work I'm getting is small projects here and there. I'll take 'em and hope for more. That's the part of our new life that isn't so sparkling. We will be on a whole different and much tighter budget. But the reward is, more time, less stress and we don't need all that much (Certainly not more stuff. Travel, entertainment and eating out w/friends is where it will hurt a bit to pinch in, but much easier over the winter!)

Plus, finding many in my circle very into going out earlier during happy hours and drinking and eating for a lot less, and home relatively early. Like you, I'm so cozy and content in my "doll house." I can while away a lot of enjoyable hours putzing around here, reading everything that interests me on-line, taking walks w/hubby and the dogger, watching good TV, visiting my pals here and making some new ones I hope.
  #626   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 07:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh my....I was in bed until 7 this morning! The cold weather and my polar fleece sheets combine to keep me wanting to snuggle in!

Nic....yes, the pork loin I used was one of those little ones. It was a bit less than 2 lbs, long and skinny. I think it cost less than $5! We have a piece left that will be another meal plus some sandwiches for DH.

Blue...I'm glad you enjoyed the "Tony" emails. I have been reading his blog for many years off and on. It seems to run in spurts when he sends out these emails.....maybe he's trying to drum up business for Jan 1? Anyway, I love his philosophy....wish I had the $$ to hire him as my coach!

Speaking of coaches, I have been listening to a podcast while I run that is done by a running and life coach. If I decide to hire a coach, it will be her. Her podcast is called "Not your average runner". She specializes in helping women of a certain age and size. She actually lives quite near my sister just outside Philadelphia. If I hire her, it will be in May....she has training plans, but also helps you with the "mental" side of running long distance. We'll see.

Trig.....hope the meds have started to kick in. I know it's hard being so sick for so long. This stupid weather! I hope DD and DH are feeling better too.

Jaz.....are you working 100% from home now, or do you still have to travel to the office a day or two a week? I hope you don't have to be around that toxic woman that you told us about. Hopefully she will be gone once management figures her out.

Are you starting on your next paper for school? You'll soon be finished and have a couple week break, right?

Today I have to run a few errands and need to get my run in sometime. I was a lazy slug yesterday, so have to step it up today. I really don't want to use the treadmill, but may have to. Funny, but the treadmill seems to bother my knees a lot more than running outside. Going to the gym and using the indoor track is out today because they always have stuff going on on the weekends. Basketball tournaments etc. The track goes around the outside of the basketball courts.

Well, more coffee for this girl. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter. I'm really minding the cold the last week or so. Plus, all this snow outside my window doesn't help!
  #627   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 10:23

BF:

Blue, thanks for the rec for Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. I have that bookmarked on Netflix and will probably try to watch it this week.

Love that you could pad down the hallway in your stocking feet! That is a huge plus!

Bummer about the shelves though. That is frustrating. I am glad you will still be getting them though, just from somewhere else.

I am getting to where I hate going out at night. I am totally happy with meeting up at five and being home by 8 or so.

Lori, Okay, cool about the pork loin. I will pull the one from my freezer and try that! I think it is a pack of two, actually.

••••

Today is a resting-up day. My throat felt sore and swollen this morning when I woke but has been getting better throughout the morning, so YAY for that. Fingers crossed that this cold doesn't get a good hold on me.

Canceled plans for tonight with my friend's blessing so I am off the hook. DS16 drove himself to the dentist this morning so my schedule is now cleared for the day. Hooray! Tomorrow the only thing is to see my niece play a lacrosse game and I'll plan to keep that on the schedule unless I really feel poorly.

On plan the last few days- go me. Not weighing purposefully right now but just trying to stay on track and be content with that.
  #628   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 10:57

BF:

Oh dear god it's morning already.........My Friday night was an Urber and a place called the Frank Sinatra Club in Buckhead- dance floor- $$$$$$$$$$$ club- tons of money in that place. It was exactly as it sounds- rich, mahogany, kinda dark and old classic music. I didn't spend a dime on drinks. I was on the dance floor most of the night- until the Russian mobster wouldn't let me dance with anyone but him. Then it was time to GO. Hell I can't make this up!!!!!! Had URBER on my speed dial- and was out the door in 3 minutes. I left my coat there, I should know to NOT take a coat into places like that- they dissapear- Sorta sad about that. But what the heck- it was 10 years old anyway- time for a new one. I will tell ya though It felt awesome to dance all night- was getting my work out in. I actually was pacing myself. Dance 2 songs- sit one song- dance 2 sit one- it went like that. I lost those 3 pounds!!!
Ok- enough about the night life! It's tough being single!

I have school to get though today-Not feeling it. Yes I have 4 more weeks then I get a 3 week break. READY-

BLUE
- awesome to see your post! I love the thought you you padding down the hallway and up the elevator to your friends apt! How fun is that!!!!!!-
Well the shelves- you are getting what you really wanted - so a week or two in the scope of things is nothing!
Funny you remember the TRIBBLES!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA-

Lori- That is really interesting about you thinking about hiring a coach- especially since you do that on the side yourself! But hey we all need inspiration here and there- god knows I do!
I think it's great you get emails- hey if they are awesome send them our way!!!!!!
I like the pork idea - Does sauerkraut make you swell up?
YAY- on taking the plunge an signing up for your run! You are a better women that me! I think I would like a dance class! start small!
Is your SNOW GONE????????????

NIC- hate you are getting the crude!!!!!! SOUP is GOOD for the crude- goes down easy! I love soup too- I could eat it all the time! Hope it goes away quick and you just kick it and it doesn't go full blown.
I would think it's creepy too to babysit - with the parent there!!!!! Ya that. Oh I get real nervous when I am driving and a cop pulls up right in back of me and just tails me for awhile. I have had that happen. Then they move on, and I was like - WHAT JUST HAPPENED?????-
When does DS16 get off for Thanksgiving vacay? Are you having it at your house?

TRIG- GOODNESS my friend I sure hope today brings you feeling better. You got some sunshine too- cool but sun!!!!- Hope the kiddo feels better- Now that she has meds as well! How is the hubby?
--------------------------
My house looks great- the guy did a really nice job on the power washing! Super professional.

I need to do some laundry, and get my paper started. I have a few errands to run as well. I am thinking pork roast for dinner! - With maybe cali- "rice"-

BRIGHT SUN- low 60's-
enjoy your SATURDAY ladies- Oh- yes I am working from home 4/5 days a week and go into the office on Tues. Come 1/1- I will be 100% from home! I have really been giving this some thought. So If I have my computer- and my resource notes- and WIFI- I can work from ANYWHERE essentially. REALLY! - May need to borrow TRIGS CAMPER and do some ROAD tripping!!!!!!
Just giving it some thought!!!! Campgrounds have WIFI- .........

awesome day all
  #629   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 12:04

BF:

Jaz......the coach would not be for eating/diet. It would be for mindset, confidence & running. The lady I'm considering is a running & lifestyle coach, not a diet, what should I eat, coach. I think we all know that the biggest part of losing weight or getting in shape is between our ears.

No....snow is not gone. 10 inches takes a bit to melt. It is going though.

Sounds like you had a fun night!
  #630   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 13:29

BF:

Lori- Went and bought a pork tenderloin- making as directed and will have collard greens with! - Thanks keep ya posted- can't wait.

UPDATE:- WONDERFUL- seriously melty- NOT DRY!!!!!!! First time EVER!!!! I ended up with the one that was already marinated- in a lemon pepper. wonderful- just as directed. Let it rest and back in the oven for a few- then - bang- dinner done!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Nov-17-18 at 17:40.
Closed Thread