Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#556   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 04:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Blue......how frustrating when you take the time and thought to write a long post and then *poof* it is gone. I don't know why that happens, but it sure happens way too often. I'm disappointed too as I always love your posts.

Jaz......that is crazy about the dude getting into it with the Sunday school instructor! I would have gotten out of there too and I wouldn't be going back! You just never know these days. I hate it that we have to feel that way, but it's the world we live in. I also hate it that as a woman, I have to feel uncomfortable and worried about going for a run alone. We have a lovely rail trail near us, but when I think of going out on it when my runs get to be long, I just don't know. There are sections of it by fields and woods....I hate being afraid. There have never been any incidents on the trail, but you just never know. I do have some pepper spray that I could carry....again, I hate that I have to feel that way! At any rate, for the next few months, I'll be fine just running around town where I feel more comfortable. It becomes more difficult when you need to do 6 miles and up. Well, I went off on a tangent, didn't I?

Trig...hope you start the week feeling much better. Enough already, right? It's awful how these colds can hang on for so long.

Nic...hope you had a fun girls brunch and also good family time. Oh, I really like the Rebel Creamery ice cream! The nice thing about it is that I can be happy with a small serving. When I eat Ben & Jerry's or something like that, the sugar drives me to eat WAY too much.

As for me, I'm planning to go to the gym at 8 and do my run/walk on the treadmill since the rain is due to start any minute. After that, I'll do the class at 9:15 and then spend $$$ at the grocery store. I have a huge list for some reason. I may need a nap later as I got up before 4:30 this morning. My body seems to be happiest at 7 hours of sleep. I thought with the time change that my cat would be getting me up at 3AM, but she hasn't been getting me up at all. I hope that trend continues!

The scale is slowly creeping down. I'm wishing it moved quicker, but you all know how that goes.

I think I'm going to have to eat something this morning before working out since I got up so early. It's 5:30 and I'm already hungry. No way I can wait till after my workout....it will be nearly Noon until I get home.

Have a good Monday!
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 07:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning-

Lori- Let me tell you, when that dude jumped outta his seat and going towards the instructor in a rage- I grabbed my purse and hit the door. As I write this I am listening to a story that several young women were killed in a yoga class. Some guy in a rage walked into a yoga class and just opened fire killing 3-4 of those gals. Just happened yesterday. One of those girls had just graduated from high school. So tragic. I just don't get it. You know I did have that run through my mind when I walked in. It is a mega church, granted there was a armed police security there. But it was 1 guy- some deranged people could take out hundreds of people before that guy stopped it.
You know it is a frekin shame we have to worry about that! I have thought about you running by yourself. But you live in a great place.That being said- it happens EVERYWHERE. The one thing I hear on the news all the time is this : "I just can't believe it happened here". We live in a different world. I am right there with you in the rant! To make matters even worse- we are having drive by shooting here in Atlanta. Gangs/ Thugs- just start shooting cars as they drive by- nobody has been caught. I kid was hit in his car seat, a young teen was found dead in the back seat- her mother was hysterical( rightly so).
I am glad I don't understand it. OK- I need to get off my soap box.
I am impressed you are back to your running schedule. Where did you say your next race was?
YEA on the scale going down- I see that happening for you. Turtle weight loss counts!!!!!!! YES MA'AM

BLUE- I just hate when I lose a post or worse a paper. It happens!!I always love your posts too! I am hoping you are getting settled in and doing well. I can't wait for you to hope on the LC band wagon. I will say though not to be a Debbie Downer- but for me it gets harder and harder every time I lose and gain- this time has been harder. To think that an entire year has flown by and I am even up from this time last year is inconceivable to me. But then again what a year it has been! So I know you are in the same boat as me!!!! Let jump out together- and swim!!!
So- do tell- are you unpacked? Have you learned the lay of the land yet? Is it a good walking place?
I heard ya on getting your kitchen up and working! Imperative!!!!

NIC- You seem to be in your sweet spot. Are are back to working on LC? Are you still doing the NO S ? You said you are losing. How are you doing it? Just wondering! A pound here and there is a LOSE!!!!!! Go with it my friend!
Did you have a football Sunday? It is cold, damp and gray here.
How do you make your chili?

TRIG- sure hope you are feeling better. I know the weather is also affecting you. Nothing like cold, damp to make someone feels worse with head clog! Sure hope you kick this thing and are able to fund some sunshine! Are you a reader? Do you like to paint? Is your spare room totally cleaned out? I was thinking you could use that as an art room. The kiddo would love that too! Just a place to go with bright lights and full of color!
Had a T-bone over the weekend- delish.
Scallops today! OH YEA-
--------------------------------------------
Good Morning-
I had t cancel my dental cleaning but still a bit stuffy from that cold over the weekend. I would feel water boarded if I went! HAHAH-
Ughhhhh- Jan. is when they rescheduled me. - I put myself on the cancellation list. Surely someone else will be sick between now and then. They are 1/2 Block away so I could run over.

AVA- update: She is home with family and off oxygen!!!!-

I happen to go through Sprouts yesterday and saw they had these fresh HUGE scallops for 9.99 a pound- 6.00 off. So I bought 2 pounds. One for today and tomorrow- and one bag for the freezer! I went for crab legs but they looked really lame. So that is on the menu for today. I also picked up a rotisserie chicken I will use to make up some chicken salad, I also bought some chops for later this week. - stuffed my fridge full of LC goodies.

I know that you all may do this too- but it REALLY DOES WORK. When the munchies- or carb monster creeps in- eat a dill pickle or two. It really cuts the want of anything else. Just a little tick I use when I just "want something"- I will go for a pickle and some sparkling water and I am set.

Do you have any tips like that?

Ok- I gotta run- I am working from home this week. It will be a BUSY week WED/ THUR/ and FRI/ with the big wigs in. So I will need to be in the office 4/5 days this week
Plus I have alot of deadlines this week too. Next week I am taking a couple PTO days- just because. I am sprinkling them out so I use them.
Hard to believe Thanksgiving in 3 weeks! Less than actually! I will see my son for all of 24 hours as he is making the circuit while he is here. He will spend time with his sister, then time with the cousins, and my Aunt, and then my SIL- his sister and new boyfriend are coming- so they all want to hang out.

Have a great Monday -
  #558   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 08:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI all and Jazz so happy to hear Ava is home. Now her healing can begin and get her strength back

yes a dill pickle does work, I know what you mean LOL

hey all
quickie again
hubby off getting his deer to Kevin our friend who owns a custom butcher shop...he was the guy who did our hogs when we farmed. Tony hurt his back so he is kinda miserable, hey what the hell else is knew in that dept....haha....I can see him already '''missing''' his fun life while at the cabin and HOME to do chores like he has to help in the soap room a bit, he has to pick up the camper, he has other things that have to happen and I can see by his demeaner he is ready for the wandering rv lifestyle also. WE ARE so sick of sticks and bricks and work involved.....hate to wish the next 5 yrs away but heck I need the kiddo in college and we are free....yet that makes me so sad cause it seems so final in a way, kid time over, real adult life kicking in and 'life as we know' is gonna change for good or bad or whatever for all of us....kinda like Blue not sure what is going down but it has to go down for life marches all over us with good and bad...lol....omg rambling...whatever HAHA

anyway, feel better.
sore throat handled with Bayer aspirin. love those suckers
head still wonky and clogged but loosening...weather suks to the max of course...bleck

have to hit grocery in a bit.

hubby wants to mount his deer rack and I told him what for? in 5 years the money ya paid for it will be in the landfill along with those antlers HAha, I swear he just doesn't get the idea of downsize now and let loose now!! ugh

anyway, off to get crap down, will die from exhaustion in a bit when I get back. tired to the max level and I am snoozing watching Xmas movies on tv...yea Xmas, they put me out like a light LOL

will chat ya'll up later and catch up on the thread. Health is coming my way, a few more days and I should be back on track unless some other school disease takes us down here HA

great day all
  #559   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 09:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig, so sorry you are still under the weather but hopefully turning a corner. So The Chop is back home already? I thought he was going to be gone for like two weeks! Does he come back when he's gotten a deer?

Jaz, man that is weird about that guy getting up and losing his stuffing at a Sunday school class. I tell ya! I've never seen anything like that!

SUPER HAPPY about Ava!!! What amazing news and a huge change from only a few days ago! Such a scrappy little fighter! So the whole family is back home now and reunited?

Scallops sound really good. At Sprouts? The big ones? I might have to go and pick some up-- maybe an artichoke or two also.

Yeah, just doing LC although I was not so great this weekend. But otherwise just plodding along. Chili- look at "Butter Bob Briggs" chili recipe. I use that.

Blue- well DARN IT! I hate that you lost your post, especially when we are hearing from you less often these days. Waaah!

Lori- Glad you are liking Rebel! I thought you would. If you haven't heard about that running area being unsafe, I would probably feel okay about it in daylight hours, but that is just me.

•••••••••

Good weekend here even though the Ravens positively STUNK. Ugh. I can feel our chances at making a run in the playoffs slipping through our fingers. Sigh.

LOVED having all the kidlets here. It was really wonderful. Good conversation, air hockey, football, wrestling, laughter.. just all good stuff. I am trying to really enjoy it because as they grow up and go on with their lives, they will not always be so available to spend time together. DS20 especially wants to go places and explore for a while, both here in the US and abroad. I want him to, and I think it's great, but oh I will miss him when those days come!

After the game and a couple of rounds of Bananagrams, we went to the Tex-Mex place and DS20's girlfriend's parents met us there for dinner too. So that was nice. Fun and margaritas were had.

This time change.. ugh! I am ready to fall asleep my 9 PM and am awake by 5! Always happens and just takes a little time.

Not much going on today- rainy rainy. I pick up the little one (8 months) from day care in downtown Baltimore today and tomorrow and keep her until a parent gets home. A little money in my pocket...

That's about it around here!
  #560   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 10:40

BF:

NIC- YUP the BIG scallops normally 16-18.00 a pound to 9.99- Sprouts! Get some Kerrygold and saute those bad boys!

Sorry your team lost! That always sucks
  #561   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 18:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Will try again, and this time when I build any length, I'll apple C---that's saved me many times here and elsewhere. Thing is, you miss a day here and your post is somewhat obsolete, LOL...we're always gals doing stuff or thinking stuff and none of us sit still for long!

Lori---I agree w/Nic. Daylight hours in a basically safe area kind of demand we take that risk, or be imprisoned by our fears. There's always danger lurking, even inside our cozy homes---not from intruders necessarily, but other things too such as simply falling, fires, bad cuts, all kinds of stuff. Your running is a victory of your determination, which is awesome. IMO, don't let fear take the joy of running in your beautiful country areas. Easy for me to say though, no danger for city girl non-runner here.

Anyway, I'm really proud of you that you're taking on a half marathon, no matter how you do it. You are our fittest most exercising gal, and I so admire that.

Jaz---I have noted your recs from the mentor in my "list of important things" that I keep on my desk top. Not a lot of time to ponder these things this minute, but soon come. And yes, thanx for thinking of me w/your rec because I DO need to "dare" at my age and get back out there. One of the few silver linings to the nightmare of the last months is that I just excused myself from the project market. Couldn't have done anyone fair in terms of focus and attention even if I landed a project.

I also love the way you connect w/people, like this "mentor" who looks like he'll turn into a friend. You have such an "open to it" way about you. This is why you've been so successful in that changing company you're a part of. SO HAPPY to hear you'll retain a job, whatever it is. They're giving you the path to a masters and once you get that baby, your choices will balloon. And you've done SO well in school, like w/Lori and the half marathon, I feel like the proud auntie.

In answer to your question, no we are not unpacked yet, BUT living room, dining room bedroom and bathrooms are getting close. Spare room is still half boxes and kitchen does not move forward till we get our shelving.

Nic---I can understand how w/the "kids" Tennessee my be the better choice all around for reasons you listed. Maybe New Orleans is for couples and lovers. But you've been there, so you know the experience. In any case, I know anywhere you are w/your kids will be fun for you.

And hey girl, so what if you went off plan for a day or two after two weeks of solid on plan. You know that day or two won't make a lasting difference once you get back on plan. I say bravo to two weeks ON PLAN! Boyo, the day I can say that again, I'll be crowing it from the rooftop.

Trigger---I know you itch to be rolling free, but you're right, for what you gain, there is loss involved. You guys have done such a good job so far of "down sizing" I bet you forget how far you've come towards that goal. The chop quit that back breaking job and has more free time, even if he doesn't always spend it the way you want. LOL, that's marriage for ya. You've shut down most of your farm. You've shut down your soap business---and that's a shame for anyone who has never experienced your soaps! (I still have them left from my order a long time ago. I did exactly what you said to do and kept them in a cool dark place in a box. I LOVE those soaps, and I am going to run out soon, and I will miss them. Just so you know.)

You're right that these next 5 years w/the kiddo are going to be SO important, if not always fun, because teenagers are deffo not always fun. Mine sure wasn't fun a lot of those years. But I can see now that our BEING THERE, and providing the stability of a home won out in the end.

Kiddo will act like the last thing she needs is you and the chop, but really, it's the first and most important thing she needs. And when that part is over, it's over, and I won't say there isn't some relief, but there's also knowing that you turned around and your baby grew up.

Keep down sizing best you can, and enjoy these next 5 years w/the kiddo. I know you know that, but doesn't hurt to hear it from someone whose been there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm going to continue w/my one great thing about our new life comments that I tried to do last night before I lost it. Will just repeat it.

LOL, this is a small yet big thing most don't think about as being a significant change. TRASH. Yep, trash. OMG gals, it's all so much easier here. Several HUGE dumpsters, plus big recycling and compost bins, AND no bill for it, included in very reasonable rent.

Let me tell y'all, one thing you learn about when you are down sizing is how freaking HARD it is to get rid of what we used to call trash. Electronics need to go one place, and you pay to get rid of them. Old paints go another place. Rug pads to yet another place. And of course there's your usual re-cycling stuff...glass, paper, aluminum, plastic.

Hubby is very big on re-cycling and so am I even if it's a PIA, because we all use so many resources and we need to put them back to work. but geeeeeeeez it's a wonder there's anything left in the plain old trash can.

At our old house, we had to drag it all to the curb every Thursday, often overflowing. And, if we exceeded our garbage cans, we got charged for it. Now, we have easy, big places to dump it all. Just something you don't think about till it gets so much darn easier and cheaper.

I have wacked out my knee somehow. Couple of days ago it just started smarting when I put any weight on it, worse in the mornings, gets better the more I walk on it. Have no idea how I did it, but I swear hubs and I both aged a year or so in this whole moving process. LOL, he has more gray hairs! He has kept his deep ebony brown hair all this time w/about 5 strands of gray. Suddenly he has a whole lot more silver strands. Age, or just the hell of downsizing and moving. Who knows? But of course, it looks GREAT on him. Isn't that just the way w/the men.

So much more to say, but I'll close it down for tonight by simply saying I am happy here. Very happy. There are challenges still, but compared to what we've come thru, living here is a joy.

One more thing...I will be up w/the birds tomorrow to vote. In MN. we have same day registration, so we can go to our new polling place, register and vote. That's the way it should be.

Hope y'all are making time to vote too.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Nov-05-18 at 19:01.
  #562   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 20:10

BF:

Blue- not only am I voting- but gave the team time to vote on the company dime - just wear the sticker in you voted and your not late!
I am so glad you are happy in your cosy and new home. Yes there are upside and down sides to it all. But at the end of the day- it's what is good for you and the budget!!!

All good here- so much happening at head spin speed with the new bosses each all asking at warp speed for this and that- ......

Oh and my schooling I was offered a per diem position due to my academic excellence. Their words not mine to be a consultant for new students coming in. I am in the doctorate program and they need people in this level to work with new nurses. I are you ready for this said no. For RIGHT NOW.......I know my limits and I am at the very top- put one more dam thing on the plate and it will tip.
Flattered...... beyond words..... but not the right timing.

more tomorrow- just wanted to say I am so thrilled you are back
  #563   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....How awesome to have your academic excellence recognized! I do think you were right to decline it, for now......you have more than enough going on in your life at the moment. I have a feeling that the opportunity will still be there when you are ready to tackle it!

Great that you gave your staff the time to go vote. It is so important. I'm going to go on my way to yoga this morning. If the line is too long, I'll stop back on my way home.

Blue, I'm so happy that you love living in your new home. You probably still think back to the past several months and wonder how on earth you did all that!

I thank you and Nic for your comments on the running trail and feeling safe. I do feel safe in our little "burg", but I watch just enough news and hear just enough awful stuff on TV to give me pause. As you said Blue, I WILL NOT live in fear. I will just be smart. Luckily, I can choose to go mid day or whatever....not in the dark etc.

Trig...glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. Hope you're successful in talking DH down from wanting to get a deer mount. Ugh.....I live in dread of my DH getting one he wants to mount. I will do my darndest to stop that from happening.

Blue is right, the next 5 years with your DD will fly and then you'll be looking around like, what just happened?!

Well, I'll hopefully get thru my 2nd session of Sport Yoga without injuring myself and then I don't know what else. I was pretty tired yesterday after spending 2 hours at the gym and then getting groceries. At the gym I did a couple miles on the treadmill and then took the Boom muscle class. Then off to the market in the rain. Blech. Luckily, DH was home when I got home and could help drag the stuff in and help me put everything away. After my shower, I was ready to have a sit down!

Make it a good one!
  #564   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 06:28

BF:

Lori you are quite the energizer bunny

Blue, fab post. You are loving your new digs and new routines. I like that! even the dogger is happy so ya can't go wrong there....you still have a lot of settling time to do of course but you are so close now to starting up that fab new life routine and making it all work for ya, not against ya like moving does, moving is rough work as you know.....I wish you guys nothing but the best.

quickie guys
head is draining now. snots and coughing from snots and blowing my nose red like Rudolph. So far no one else has it so that is good. On the mend.

bad weather. rainy icky etc. sinus isn't happy but from a TON of my head drugs is starting to kick in and make life a bit more livable. moving super slow....doing almost nothing. can't, too darn tired LOL but I am fine with that.

will chat up later again when I get my muster back.
great day all
  #565   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 08:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- I will be heading to Sprouts today to get scallops, milk and an artichoke or two.

Blue- Thanks for the positive energy! Yup, over two weeks on plan is a good run these days and I pulled myself back up and onboard so hopefully not too much damage is done. I am ratcheting back weighing for November, not doing no-weigh November but trying to aim for Fridays only.

Love your forward and positive focus with the new digs and all the benefits it has to offer. You will just love it more and more I am sure. I'm sorry about your knee! Rest it as you can and take it easy.

LOL over your DH and his gray. That looks so sexy on a man though, somehow!

Jaz- Awesome that your team gets time to vote. As it should be everywhere!

And HIGH COMPLIMENT on the job offer! That is awesome! I think you made the right decision- you have a lot of balls in the air right now.

Lori- you are doing great with all the physical activity! Makes me tired just to read about it. I was a total bum yesterday!

Trig- You poor thing. I really do hope you are turning the corner on your recovery. Sounds like a bad cold!

••••••••

All is well here. Rainy though.

Today I will go to Sprouts and then do Round Two of baby care this evening. Jingle jingle in my pocket!

Dh is doing a lot of traveling over the next week so DS and I will be doing some bonding.

I feel like I had more to say but it is gone.. :POOF!:
  #566   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 11:40

BF:

Good morning ladies!

Got some great sleep tonight. Sleep is a beautiful thing!!!!

LORI- another session of Sport Yoga! Good for you. I know that you are in better shape than you think you are. Yoga is hard if done correctly. I used to think yoga was a fluff fluff class until I did Hot Yoga for 5 sessions. It was BRUTAL. That was about 2 years ago when I was more flexible! You definitely are challeging me to move more, and I am!!!! got 2 walks in yesterday!!! True they were short and with the dogger who wanted to sniff every blade of grass! HAHAH-
you go to the gym or Rec Center? - just curious how much do you pay per month? I seriously need to use that 600.00 treadmill. But it is so nice out now I am enjoying the outside right now!

BLUE- so do tell about your new apt! is is big, how many bedrooms? What is the lay out? Lay of the land? How far is the pool? Are the trees turning color yet that you can see from your windows? A view is everything! Have you thought about where the tree will go? I always pictured where the Christmas Tree would go when house hunting! I always pictured the warm holidays in a house to see if it had potential. Some did some didn't. Ya know with house hunting- I just knew that when I found "the one" I would know it. I will have to say- that held true! I am wondering how much that family is LOVING your home that was passed from you to them. I have a good feeling about it! You said that there was kids in the mix! That is awesome! Meanwhile you now have a nest egg and can relax that is behind you.

TRIG- So the Pork Chop bagged him a deer huh? I just don't think I could eat Bambi. I just couldn't. Believe it or not I do have trouble eating meat when I have to think about where it comes from. I would how you feel about that. You said that you had hogs at one time one your farm that you had "processed". You raised them and fed them and ate them. I am not judging by any means! I love sausage and bacon like the next person. Just don't know if I could "know"- from where it came. I like my meat packed all up in nice wrapper and like a present! I know weird! I do love to hit up the meat market! It's a great store and smells like bacon! Love it. So I got to rambling here!
Are you feeling better? Why is the hubby not feeling good?

NIC- not done coming back- your are first up!!!!!!
  #567   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 17:00

BF:

I enjoyed Yoga this morning, but it kicked my butt! I found it easier in the sense that some of the moves were a bit familiar, but it was tough. I'll be going back on Thursday. I know that it will help my running and overall fitness as it combines everything....strength, flexibility, core & balance. I really like the instructor too. Tomorrow we're supposed to have sun, so I'll be doing my run outside. YAY!

Jaz....yes, I do the yoga and other classes at the Rec center I'm a member of. They have all the gym machines & weights too. The only thing they don't have is a pool....which I wouldn't use anyway. It costs me $49/month. They also have a cafe that uses all locally sourced and organic ingredients. It smells so good when I walk by there on my way out! One day I'll stop in for lunch. I usually don't have my wallet with me, so I'm not tempted to buy anything!

Well, I've been lazy all afternoon. My day started early. Up at 4:30, went to vote at 7:30 and yoga at 8:15. I'm a morning person for sure. In the evening I wind down in a hurry.

Hope it's been a good day for everyone!
  #568   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 19:23

BF:

Nicco, jingle jingle in your pocket, ya had me laughing on that

Jaz, yea, thing is I get it. No one wants to know where there 'real' food comes from LOL But we are disconnected from a natural life that society is over the top nutso on issues of 'true life and survival and nature' and how it all works.
Being a farmer I have no problem petting a hog then shipping his azz off to be sausage and believe me, the hogs are super miserable critters. They are not Arnold on Green Acres. They can hurt ya fast and they will if they can. They truly aren't pets really. I can look at a herd of Angus and pick out the one I want for my freezer with no qualms whatsoever. Well...no use going on cause you get the drift of what I said HAHA

anyway guys I can't hear. so clogged that when the ears break and I can hear, it is like WOW WOW I can hear and didn't realize I couldn't hear hardly, but sadly it clogs back up. funny tho, getting thru a cold. Stupid head cold knocked me down. I am SO OVER it also, going batty being tired and out of routine but again, will survive thru it all as usual as we all do when we get nailed.

off to watch tv. doing a lot of that and getting super sick of it very fast now

see ya in the morn
  #569   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 20:50

BF:

TRIG- Musinex- I laughed out loud at - I look at a cow and see steak! Parphrasing!!!!!!!! LOLOL- you are so right- most people do not want to see where REAL for comes from. I don't either. I like it packaged like a gift!!!!! HAHAHAH- YUM
As I made chicken salad for tomorrow

Lori- love you are so committed to your work outs- I gotta SMALL walk in.

Tired ya'll- this week crack on wheels- big wigs in next 3 days- collapse Sat.

More later - need sleep
  #570   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 05:16

BF:

Good Morning!

NIC- I am wondering if you got the scallops for 9.99. How far is the Sprouts from you? Do you like Sprouts over TJ'S? I like them both for different reasons.
Are you still losing too?!?!?Also what is your eating plan?
What up in your life right now?!

Lori- how was the gym yesterday?Is today a run or yoga day? You are really jumping in with both feet! I wish I had the time to do that too!

Blue- see above post! I hope you are having a wonderful cozy day!!! I heard you got the cold weather your way!

Trig- Are you feeing better? Has the kiddo stayed healthy? What are you eating these days?
-----------------------------------------------
It's really early this morning! Had a rumbly tummy this morning. Related to pure nerves. I tend to get that way under certain circumstances. Big tests, job interviews, first day of work, meeting the new bosses, and putting together a working process for the new model of care! At least though I thinking the black pencil skirt will look smashing! Paired with black high boots and a black top and light silver sweater. Paired with silver earrings and tons of bracelets, and lighter make up. Yes I have given this some thought. My new bosses are not big dressers. I saw them from afar when they were here last month. One didn't even wear makeup. I was rather shocked. Just saying! At least Makeup!!!! - ok LIPSTICK!!!!

OK- stop the presses...... You will not believe what I just saw just NOW. Sitting here sipping coffee, morning, and TV rambling in the background. So this commercial just played to see RAY ORBISON in concert.... are you ready for this...via hologram tour. Seriously! the dude has been dead for years- but now he is being recreating from the dead for concerts?!?!?! WTF?????- Wow think about the implications of that? Prince, Michael Jackson, - anybody- Elvis? Can't we just let people die?!?!?!? Seriously? It is CREEPY to me. Is it just me???

Wow what a night of politics - GA is still to close to call most of the races right now. The lines were longer than I have ever seen. I had about an hour wait- and that was fast when talking to others. Some people waited in lines for 5 hours!!!!! - they had to extend the voting hours. That is crazy! They are blaming lack of staff, and low numbers of voting booths- there is no excuse! Seriously- we are in the 21 Century, this isn't rocket science.

Alright- time to get dressed and battle traffic today and tomorrow. I am working from home Friday.
Last thing- my ego took a real hit with that paper. I knew it wasn't great. My heart was not in it towards the deadline- I was over it and it sure showed up in the barely a B grade- by the seat of my pants grade. At least it passed- just by one frekin point. I think it was a mercy grade- it sucked. I need to get pumped up to finish this class in style. I am getting burned out. To much happening for me to do it all well. Chaos right now - and not enough calm. I know that the job will eventually settle again- and so will school. I know this- but the interim is hard!

Gotta run!
Closed Thread