Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#646   ^
Old Today, 06:19

Plan: My Way; IF
Stats: 223/179.6/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Good Morning!

I'm stranded today without a car, so home I'll be. My car is getting inspected, oil change and all that. We dropped it off last night after dinner. It's not like I don't have things to do here. I have to get the spare room ready for BIL's impending visit. He'll get here Saturday and stay till Tuesday I think.

I have Techs coming at some point to do the annual check on our water treatment system. That typically takes about 10 minutes, but shell out $$, you know?

As far as exercise today, I may be walking to pick up my car this afternoon. I think the weather will be decent with temp around 40, so I can easily walk the couple miles to get it. The only bad part is crossing a 4 lane busy highway, but there is a light with a crosswalk, so I don't get flattened! I still don't like crossing there, but it'll be fine. If the timing works out, DH may take me, but he has to take his cousin to pick up her new glasses this afternoon. It's all good.

Dinner last night was great. I had a 6 oz. filet with mushrooms, a salad, and loaded broccoli. Yum. I brought a small piece of the filet home along with 1/2 of DH's rack of ribs, so, YAY! leftovers.

Trig....hope today is a good one!

Blue...good plan to have some days where you work at organizing etc and then some days where you just chill. Day after day wears on you, as you know from your marathon of getting your house ready to sell.

Jaz...hope you still have that weight off your shoulders feeling today. You have some fun stuff ahead of you!

Nic....Oh man, your car story makes my blood boil. I cannot stand poor customer service. How hard is it to do what you say you're going to do and pay attention to detail? Sigh......I hope you can get your car fixed and back on the road soon.

Ok...more coffee coming my way!
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Today, 08:22

Plan: NoS
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- I think that is the "best of both worlds" decision. You can put things on hold and see how you feel after a break without losing ground. Very good news! Putting it on hold doesn't cause you to owe your company anything, right?
The activities you have chosen sound GREAT!!

Cauli Mac and cheese recipe here: https://staging.ketoconnect.net/rec...wer-mac-cheese/
I do four slices of thick cut bacon because BACON.

Blue- loved hearing about the I Love Lucy Thanksgiving complete with Mac and cheese. Just a great reminder that sometimes things going 'all wrong' turn out to be 'all right!' If only it was easy to remember that at the time.

Also liked hearing about how things are with you and hubby. You guys have a long and time tested marriage and there is comfort in that. You know the ebb and flow and the challenges that come and then are passed through.

Trig- Still thinking about you, dear one, and your sick self. Sounds like minor improvement with a ways to go. This definitely reminds me of when poor Blue got walloped with illness. Hang in there, you WILL get better.

Lori- Ah, we are both carless today! Me not as much as you because I am claiming DS16's car for half the day, to go to parent-teacher conferences and to pick up DS20 from college.

Glad you enjoyed your dinner out and have leftovers to boot. I freaking love leftovers! I just do not understand people who don't have them/ eat them!

Are we all going to get smashed with record breaking cold on T-day this year? Or is it just certain regions? We are looking at a HIGH of only around 31 with a low of 18!! Dang that is cold for T-day, especially an early T-day like we are having this year. We will be bundled from head to toe to play flag football this year. I was waffling with playing but I likely will just because I will burn a few calories doing it before eating.

Warmish today, going up to 49, but WINDY with gusts up to 25 MPH. I can actually hear a tree branch scraping on the upper part of the house. Said tree is coming down, probably next week, along with one other. We have plenty of trees but these two are just too close to our house (and the neighbor's house too.)

DH and I dropped my car off last night so I can let DS16 sleep in for a while. The cleaning crew is coming today while I am gone (he will dodge them!) and so I can come back to a nice clean house for the holiday. Yay! The dogs have been bringing in so much fall debris and junk, even though we wipe their paws. DH is less than stellar at remembering this and it makes the house look so trashed!

So, not much else to report. Conferences, picking up DS20, on plan, not weighing but doing fine. End of story!