Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 22:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%
Default WOW, that felt great!...

I am a big believer in doing this woe for yourself, and not for others, but sometimes it sure feels great to get positive feedback from the rest of the world... Today I was in Fred Segal, a "trendy" store in LA, where a size 6 is considered a large (isn't LA great? haha). (btw, I am a guy). I was looking at some pants when this saleswoman approached, and she says "those are too small for you"...hmm, my first reaction, dating way back to several unpleasant size-related shopping experiences, was ouch, that hurts...she pauses and says to me "Yeah, those are a 30 waist, what are you a 34?".

Wow, did that feel great! I am just about a 34 waist now. I always thought a 32 or 34 was the "perfect" waist size for a man (how deep, huh?).

Anyway, 13 months ago I was a 48 waist - all of a sudden at that moment, it hit me what I have accomplished so far; I just felt really good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 22:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Those moments are amazing--you have worked hard to see those results. Good for you.
angie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 22:55
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

You deserve to feel good about that. Your hard work has paid off....and you are right, we do this for ourselves....but I don't care what anyone says....it always, always, always makes us feel good when someone compliments us without them even knowing it! It truly is a great feeling.

Congrats to you!

Jo
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 02:13
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

M,

I don't know which I admire more - your progress on this WOE or the sarcastic way of describing it? "(how deep, huh?)" - yes, why not? It's pretty deep to like yourself and to know you have done everything to feel that way.
There is nothing deep about feeling bad about yourself.......
So, about this measure of success - it's wonderful and I know how you feel.

Enjoy!

Alina
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 02:29

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Alina, thank you for complimenting me on my sarcasm; I work very hard on this. You have my permission to admire both my progress with this WOE and my sarcastic talents equally.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 04:43

Plan: aitkens
Stats: 216/177/150 Female 5feet5inches
BF:
Progress: 59%

I know LA is funny cause I have a daughter who lives there.She is average size and so she must have a hard time among the undernourished women there.She did meet a personal trainer there and he liked her just fine and she married.She is formerly from Canada and she says the sizes are so different.Now can you tell me how anyone can be a zero,like they say on tv?Does that mean they have actually disappeared off the radar.I mean come on Hollywood.It is a sad day when a size 6 is considered large.What would all of us overweight people who are in the double digits be called.Oh well it is all too funny.FishFish you are a great inspiration to all of us and by the way I think that 32 to 34 is perfect waist.I work retail and every man that comes in says that he is a 34 even though he could be a 34 to 44.See everone wants to be that size and you made it.Kudos to you and keep on keeping on.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 04:47

Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%

Congratulations to you! It`s so funny how scars run deep. I would have put up my defense mechanisms as well, had I been told that.34 waist, quite the accomplishment, and you deserve to bask in the glory! well done....
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 07:12

Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Great job, fishfish,
Gotta love that sarcasm!! You have done a wonderful job!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 07:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

congrats on doing so great. To be honest just to wear a 42 would make me the happiest man on earth
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 07:33

Stats: 196/150/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Good for you!

34 is an awesome measurement! And great sarcasm, I'd imagine it would be a must in the insanity that is LA. Keep up the good work!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 10:09

Plan: The Ketogenic Diet/Atkins
Stats: 295/200/199 Male 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 99%

You are a brave man to live in such a crazy city. I think you are right, 34 is supposed to be one of those magic sizes for men. I was so happy when I was finally able to put some on again for the first time in forever.

Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling?
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 10:53

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I went from a 35 to a 33. Those odd sizes have been cursing my life for a long time. For a while a few years back a went through 34 on my way to 35. It is amazing how hard a 35 is to find, I hope 33's are easier or I will need to loose another 5 pounds to get to 32.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 11:06

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%
Thumbs up

Pat your self on the back for a job well done. You should feel good. You have done an outstanding job.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 11:10

Thank you Birddog. Judging from your stats, it looks like you deserve a pat on the back as well. Congratulations!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish
I am a big believer in doing this woe for yourself, and not for others, but sometimes it sure feels great to get positive feedback from the rest of the world... Today I was in Fred Segal, a "trendy" store in LA, where a size 6 is considered a large (isn't LA great? haha). (btw, I am a guy). I was looking at some pants when this saleswoman approached, and she says "those are too small for you"...hmm, my first reaction, dating way back to several unpleasant size-related shopping experiences, was ouch, that hurts...she pauses and says to me "Yeah, those are a 30 waist, what are you a 34?".

Wow, did that feel great! I am just about a 34 waist now. I always thought a 32 or 34 was the "perfect" waist size for a man (how deep, huh?).

Anyway, 13 months ago I was a 48 waist - all of a sudden at that moment, it hit me what I have accomplished so far; I just felt really good.

Wow, you lost 100 pounds! You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to be at my goal weight one day and have a moment like that.