Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Tue, May-02-17, 10:29

Plan: Carnivore & IF
Stats: 357/294/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I went to the doctor February 21, 2016, and I was 312 pounds. It was almost 20 pounds more than the last time I had the nerve to look at the scale, and I was terrified. Being BIG BIG BIG runs in my family, and I was only 28. I was staring down the barrel of missing out on life, and I was so miserable I resolved to do something about it.

I was looking up weight loss programs and very nearly bought into Medifast (again) when my sister stopped me. She asked if I had put in my credit card info yet on the website, and I said no, the damn thing wouldn't go through for some reason (I had input the card number wrong). She told me to stop, and to check out this website real quick, and to see if I wouldn't rather try that instead.

The website was DietDoctor.com, and I was an instant convert, mainly because this guy wasn't trying to sell anything and he had this radical notion that you could lose weight while eating real, ACTUAL food. Crazy, right? My sister had lost about 15 pounds the year before after her stint at working at a pizza place. 15 pounds was a lot of weight to lose on her small frame, so I thought, "What the heck? What do I have to lose?"

I've lost 55 pounds now
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Thu, Jun-15-17, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/181/150 Female 5' 9''
BF:
Progress: 16%

I'm having more of a lightbulb moment being 8 weeks into Atkins more so then when I started that's because I'm getting smaller.. no cravings..and feel a control over food I haven't had for years

My "kickstart" was really just another weight loss attempt. I was laying on the beach in Hilton Head with my middle age belly protruding from my black one piece bathing suit.. reading in Women's Day and reading about the A List Diet..a version of Atkins. I thought, "what the heck, I will try low carb like this for two weeks.. it couldn't hurt..nothing else has worked."
So I started low carb according to the article. After two weeks.. I studied more on Atkins original diet and decided to go to that. I realized modern versions of LC are just marketed diets that sell products and slow down weight loss, Including Atkins 20.
Since following induction according the Atkins Revolution book.. I'm thrilled and so very hopeful that I will get this stubborn fat off my body. I've tried calorie counting, Intermittent Fasting. all miserable and not sustainable.

I also joined this forum... read all the LC tips.. and doing things right so I don't waste time and kid myself.
  #483   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-17, 21:46

Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisagirl

I also joined this forum... read all the LC tips.. and doing things right so I don't waste time and kid myself.

Welcome and good for you for choosing health with satisfaction. You might want to start a journal, you never know who might pop by....
  #484   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-17, 17:37

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I wasn't able to get out of bed or out of a chair without having pain or even sometimes pulling a muscle in my back. I couldn't stand or walk for a significant amount of time without hurting from the feet up. I had had enough. There were other symptoms, but that was the worst part of it. The final straw was when I went to a concert with DH last March and couldn't stand or even sit without hip and shoulder pain. It put a damper on the experience.

It was time to get serious about weight loss. I had tried primal, Mediterranean, whole food plant based (read very high carb, very low fat, almost vegan) with the worst possible results (see above).

I needed structure so tried Atkins. Here I am three months later, 20 pounds lighter, much happier, no pain to speak of, all my parts working much better. The best part is that I've been ingraining good habits for life.

I'm going to another concert with DH in a few months and am looking forward to being able to stand in line or spring up and down from my seat with a smile on my face instead of a wince and a frown and a grunt and a groan.

Last edited by barb712 : Tue, Jul-04-17 at 17:57.