Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#406   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: LC
Stats: 216/216/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

My turning point was when my blood pressure went real high, cholestrol was high and I was one point away from being a diabetic. I want to be around to raise our young son.
Sponsored Links
  #407   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 12:46

Plan: atkins (modified)
Stats: 498/436/300 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 31%

amandababy i got some info on your problem with pcos and infertility but your private messages are closed
  #408   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-08, 11:02

Plan: Atkins - Kinda
Stats: 255/255/155 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:Well yeah duh!!
Progress: 0%

My turning point was when I took my son to a carnival a few months ago and he begged me to get on a ride (hand gliding type) with him and when I did the guy said I could not ride because the latch would not close down over my butt. I was soooooooo embarrased and humiliated. I got off the ride left my son to ride alone. I walked back to my hubby where he asked me what happened and I broke down in tears. I had to admit I was bigger and fatter then I thought.
I started to diet and failed and dieted some more and failed more. Hubby said well lowcarbing worked for you years ago try it again. So here I am. Started on Easter Sunday when I got up and weighed myself and I was at 260lbs I am now at 242. Yeah for me!!!
  #409   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 12:27

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

I just got married and my wedding video said it all!!!!......I have fallen off the wagon after losing a lot of pounds...but seeing that video last nite.....geez....I need to hunker down and get busy again!
  #410   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 15:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

My kickstart was actually when my best friend who at one time weighed almost 100 pounds more than me went on Atkins, lost weight, looked fantastic and got smaller than me. She lost on Atkins as I gained on low calorie. I decided it was time to "try" lowcarbing. That was in '05 and I'm still here going strong.
  #411   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-08, 12:32

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%

I was at Six Flags last summer with my family. I stood in line for over an hour to ride the Superman coaster with my cousin, while the wives and kids (kids are still too young for coasters) were at the water park. When I got on the ride the safety bar would not close down. Instead of just letting me walk away before it got bad, two other workers came over and pushed on the bar while the other manually ratcheted me into the seat while hundreds of people looked on. Somehow after several grueling minutes they got me in there and they started the ride. I love coasters but I was scared to death. I really didn't think they had me locked in. It was the most embarrassing moment of my life.
  #412   ^
Old Sat, May-17-08, 17:28

Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mine was just being so big that I was tired of people staring at me when I ate out or had to ride that buggy thing in Wal mart.
I was made to feel even fatter than I was by all the staring.
Don't people know it hurts to be stared at like that....
  #413   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 11:32

Plan: Vegetarian Low Carb
Stats: 176/149/130 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

i went to the doctors to get a new birth control prescription and she took my weight. I was prepared for 75 kg, the weight I thought I was at (and hated being at) for about 5 years now. It showed up as 79.5kgs ( 176lbs). I was flabbergasted! I checked my weight/height ratio online and found out my BMI was 1 point below officially "obese". A wake up call for me.

I don't ever want to be that weight ever again.
  #414   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 12:04

Plan: No processed foods
Stats: 247.6/232.8/150 Female 5'5"
BF:yes
Progress: 15%

My husband and I were out walking on our property in the snow. I was very slow getting through the snow and very off balance. After falling a few times I realized that I had gained so much weight that my center of gravity had changed! I have always been an athlete and the thought of this really did something to me, more than just having the extra weight and how I looked. I started LC the next week.
  #415   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 11:59

Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

I am just tired of being fat......................
  #416   ^
Old Sat, May-31-08, 14:00

Stats: 316/275/260 Female 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 73%

When I realized my S.O. doesn't want to touch my anymore because I'm gross.
  #417   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-08, 11:15

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

Most of us have alot of pain behind our answers on this thread....well, we have all decided to make a change. That is what makes me keep going...that I found a program I can stay on where I see results and feel better. I am fat--I don't need to be reminded of it --but I have found a way to lose fat and it makes me healthier...these threads I read are a lifesaver for me. I don't have any support becuz everyone around me including my DH is normal weight. So you guys are my support...and I don't always post alot but I read...and read...and read. Today I need a little boost so here I am.
  #418   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 10:26

Stats: 380/372.3/200 Male 73.00
BF:
Progress: 4%

Being the device in which every one is measured. "I met this guy named Bob nice guy, big guy tho... I would say he is just a little smaller then C.J." "My friend Mike is a pretty small guy, hes like one of C.J.'s legs"

Getting winded so quickly and not being able to navigate a normal sized hallway with out having to make nice with a wall so some one can pass... or vice a versa. Theres nothing better when some one detours and takes a long way around an area because.... your walking down the hallway.
  #419   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 23:37
Registered Member

Stats: 250/242/150 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 8%

Biggest kick-start for me was the fact that I am extremely shy and self conscious about my appearance. Someday I'd like to have family with the right woman and I don't want to blow that chance by being a fat tard.
  #420   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 300/288/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Forcing myself to look in a full size mirror and see there is no shape, all pudge from head to toe. I was at a clothing store and saw a lady coming out and viewing herself in size 10 denim capris, cute tank and adorable sandals......I WANT THAT!!!