Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 12:28

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsea
I saw pictures of a fat lady...........and realized it was me.....

Isn't that the true shocker??? I saw pics of me on a family vacation in FL last summer and just cried - funny how we can fool ourselves when looking in a mirror but a picture tells the truth!!
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: M/E
Stats: 206/168/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I can not stand the sight of myself.
  #348   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 19:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/165 Male 5'9"
BF:dunno!
Progress: 0%

Hey!

First time: I got separated in october 2006, so I decided to change my life... I'm going back to university in september, do more sports, and shave my beard... When I looked at my face without it, I realised it was REALLY ROUND! Then 2 weeks ago, at my aunt birthday party... I was looking in pictures albums, and found one of me and my ex-gf, 7 years ago (99 to 2k new-years eve)... I was 75 pounds lighter!!! I'm only 27, 215 lbs, size 38 jeans. Ok, thats enough... I wanna go back to at least 165... At 5'9, thats not bad. But I wanna go back to my size 34 Jeans. Even 32 if it goes well... I dont think I can go under 165 because I do have some muscle on that frame, but I want a low body fat.
  #349   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 15:59

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

I saw pictures and was shocked at myself! You're right pictures do not lie!!!!!
  #350   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 17:26

Stats: 211/208.2/160 Female 5'10"
BF:Yes it is!
Progress: 5%

It was what I saw in the mirror. Saturday I had to go buy a new bra and when I was trying them on in the store I was completely disgusted with what I saw in the mirror. It's time to change!
  #351   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 18:24

Plan: No bad carbs
Stats: 228/159/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ok here's the story:
There's this lady at church that I thought was fat or at least bigger than me. Well the church was planning a ski trip and she wanted to know if I wanted to borrow her ski suit then added "can you fit into a size 16"? I laughed and said "oh I better not, I wouldn't want to split them out" (I did wear a size 16) When asked, my son admitted that I might be just a bit bigger than her. That was it!!! Later at the ski resort I couldn't get the boots buckled at the top because my calves were so fat...so I "skied" with loose boots all day and chaffed my calves. Everyone was so helpful and brought it to my attention that my boots were unbuckled all day long. I started the Atkins diet not long after that. I'm determined to be one of the skinnys on the bunny slopes next year.
  #352   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-07, 15:24

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/158.6/145 Female 5'6"
BF:Follows Behind Me!
Progress: 81%

My epiphany came when I was having dinner with 3 girlfriends. They were all talking about their health issues...high blood pressure, high cholesterol, joint pain, depression, etc....and all the prescription drugs they take everyday. It struck me like a lightning bolt that all these health issues were caused from all of us being overweight! The very next day I started my Atkins way of eating. Now all my friendsl tell me how wonderful I look, but the main thing is that I'm the only one that is not taking 6 prescription drugs every day!

Beginning Weight...........250
Current Weight.............185
Goal Weight.................150
  #353   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 17:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/203/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

My wake up was my husbands ex wife came over to pick up something my step-son had shipped to our house. I havent saw this woman in a year and for the first time in 14 years she was smaller than I was. You know how it is you all ways have to look better than the ex. Plus my son is getting married and I refuse to be fat in his wedding pictures. Nothing like those two things giving you a wake up call. I didn't realize I had gained so much weight. I had put on 25 pounds in 1 year. but here is the real kicker. when my husband and I got married 14 years ago I weigh 120 pounds and wore a size 7. What happened to that person????
  #354   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 20:20
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and hypertension. Something about having good test results made the think that I was the exception, that I could be over weight and not suffer the negative physical affects. I knew that I HAD to create a new lifestyle. Now I'm exercising and have made Atkins my WOL and my blood sugar is normal.
  #355   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 09:01

Stats: 220/189/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 62%

I lost my wallet and my driver's license and was trying to get into a bar with some friends, but they were carding at the door. The lady who was taking Id's said, "She can come in as long as she doesn't drink." then as an afterthought she added, "I'm totally against pregnant people drinking, anyway!".

Well, I wasn't pregnant... and I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the building and all the way back to my car and went home. That's when I realized I needed to do something about my body!
  #356   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 0%

My oldest son had a pool party and I had to wear a swimsuit.
I mean.......I look ok in regular clothes and I can hide the cellulite in jeans. lol.......but having to be in that swimsuit made me gasp when I looked in the mirror. UGH.

It really made me want to change the way I look. I also want to be able to actually wear shorts in the summertime for a change.
  #357   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 00:51
Registered Member

Plan: Modified
Stats: 295/285.4/260 Male 193
BF:
Progress: 27%

My 'wake up' event was watching my father in the Intensive Care Unit. Overweight.....Diabetic.....being intubated and ventilated by machine....

I vowed that I'd NEVER let my 2 young children see me like that...

13 pounds off in last 3 weeks!!
  #358   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 19:02
greenshamr

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

In March I went back home after being deployed for 6 mths due to my job. I have 3 children...two of which are daughters..13 & 10. In the 6 mths that I was gone my girls had trimmed down ALOT! Their father is a healthy weight and eats a very good diet. It made me feel a lil sad to realize that it was my bad habits that they were acquiring until they went to be with him for 6 mths. In the month that I was home, my eldest daughter gained 7lbs and my youngest 10. Facts don't lie, the scale doesn't lie....and although I have worked so hard my entire life on being a high achieving professional, a great mom, a good kind person....I realized that I had failed my daughters miserably by setting a very poor example for them when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. This was the triggering factor for me. I can't and I won't fail my children.........
  #359   ^
Old Sun, May-13-07, 22:36

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

I've known for a loooong time that it was time to change. Weird how we put off stuff like that. I think the kicker was when I realized I weigh as much as my mother. An 18 yr old and a 47 yr old should not weigh the same LOL. Though we were both 220, I am about 6 inches taller than her so I did not look anywhere close to what she does.. It was still weird. Even if my mom wasn't the same weight as me, 220 is just a lot of weight. I was tired of holding in my stomach no matter where I went and it not making much of a difference anymore. I was grossed out and embarassed that the short sleeved tee shirt I got for work last summer was too tight and showed too much in January... 6 months and I had put on THAT much? Wow. That's when I looked at myself, then at my treadmill, and said "I need to do something.." Then I did low carb and I'm still doing both, I feel great, and I'm looking better. Every weekend this guy I work with (who, is 30, but we're good friends) says something different. The frist weekend it was "Your a$$ looks smaller, how much have you lost girl?" and then today it was "Your face is a lot thinner, you're doing a good job". He's a little chunky too, but he said he can't give up his Burrito Supremes from Taco Bell LOL.. they are good. I also had a lady tell me (after about a month of not seeing her) that I looked much slimmer. I'm still fat but I have lost about 26 pounds, its about time someone noticed!!!
  #360   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 15:10

Plan: Atkins (Induction)
Stats: 352.2/332.6/230 Male 74 inches
BF:43%/40%/10%
Progress: 16%

I had spent years at 270-280lb which wasnt thin but it was a shape I liked. I worked out played ball, martial arts and had a severe benchpress. I got my bench up to 345.

I gained due to some injuries and when I activly tried to work on it nothing worked. For 6 months, I worked out for 2hours a day 6 days a week and ate healthy (mostly veggies). After not an ounce of difference in weight, i figured it was time to change strategy.