Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-06, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/194.6/165 Female 5' 7''
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulite
You are already very beautiful in your "before", honestly. But for health reasons, way to go with the weight loss!

A saree hides a multitude of sins but thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-06, 08:31
Registered Member

Stats: 190/174.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

My epiphany occurred two weeks ago. My BF and I have been having this conversation (or variations of it) for months now, but it all seemed to boil over. He can't stand me at this weight and along with my health issues, I guess it's too much for him (I am diabetic). I had fallen asleep and woke up sometime during the night. He was watching TV and, I don't know how our conversation turned to my weight but his parting comment "YOU ARE HUGE!!!" really jolted me. I told him "I get your point." But that was mostly to end the conversation. The next day I started thinking about what he said and how hurtful it was and I just started crying. I decided then and there to lose the weight "just to spite him." He is not attracted to me at this weight and has as much as said so (although he constantly says he loves me).

So, I am doing Atkins and am down 8 pounds now in less than 2 weeks.
  #318   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-06, 11:08

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiejames
I don't know how our conversation turned to my weight but his parting comment "YOU ARE HUGE!!!" really jolted me. I told him "I get your point." But that was mostly to end the conversation. The next day I started thinking about what he said and how hurtful it was and I just started crying. I decided then and there to lose the weight "just to spite him." He is not attracted to me at this weight and has as much as said so (although he constantly says he loves me).

ERRRRR! This makes me so mad! Honesty is good in that he admitted to your face his feelings, however, I'm sure he's no Johnny Depp. You should do it for you. If he loves you, he'll support you doing it for you and not for the sake of his being "attracted" to you. If he supports you, he'll go along with your diet too. Both of you doing it will better ensure success.

I give you a lot of respect. If it was me, I'd probably post the thread a little differently:
ONCE I'M HOTTER AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, I AM GOING TO MAKE HIM WANT IT AND MOVE THE HECK ON TO A BETTER GUY WHO LOVES ME FOR ME AND NOT FOR MY BOD.
  #319   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-06, 14:02
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprils0909
I give you a lot of respect. If it was me, I'd probably post the thread a little differently:
ONCE I'M HOTTER AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, I AM GOING TO MAKE HIM WANT IT AND MOVE THE HECK ON TO A BETTER GUY WHO LOVES ME FOR ME AND NOT FOR MY BOD.

amen to that
  #320   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-06, 10:17
Registered Member

Stats: 190/174.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Thanks for your comments guys. Believe me I am still furious with him and he knows it! But to be fair to him (and I have a hard time with that), it is not just about my weight. He is scared to death about my health issues (Diabetes and its complications) and he has said many, many times, "I don't want to die alone." I think part of why he said that to me is to "wake me up." But I also don't think he realized how hurtful it was.

And about the "Johnny Depp" comment, believe me, he's no Johnny Depp! He is quite overweight himself and has other issues, as well. I never, never, never talk or say anything about his weight to him.

I don't know how things will turn out with us. We may not make it for this reason and for others. It's complicated.
  #321   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-06, 11:00

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiejames
And about the "Johnny Depp" comment, believe me, he's no Johnny Depp! He is quite overweight himself and has other issues, as well. I never, never, never talk or say anything about his weight to him.

No relationship is easy, and nobody is the HOTNESS that is Johnny Depp

Hang in there. Just know you're fantastic and deserve only the best.
  #322   ^
Old Mon, Nov-27-06, 20:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 5'6 inches
BF:

I was on the bus on my way home from work, and a teenage girl got on with her friends. For the entire ride they commented about me, said awful things and I just sat there, mute. They basically tried to humiliate me (in very loud ways) the entire trip until I got home. I met their eyes, stared them down and didn't say a word. I was proud of myself for not breaking down there and then but when I walked through the door and saw my husband I lost it. I've spent my entire life being made fun of, I've been heavy since childhood and I've always believed that the fact that I'm a good, kind person was so much more important than being thin. I still believe that, unfortunately most other people don't. I'm losing weight for my health primarily because I'm finding it's suffering but there's also part of me that is losing weight just to have for at least once in my life a sense of being "normal".
  #323   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 20:10
Give A Damn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHealey
I was on the bus on my way home from work, and a teenage girl got on with her friends. For the entire ride they commented about me, said awful things and I just sat there, mute. They basically tried to humiliate me (in very loud ways) the entire trip until I got home. I met their eyes, stared them down and didn't say a word. I was proud of myself for not breaking down there and then but when I walked through the door and saw my husband I lost it. I've spent my entire life being made fun of, I've been heavy since childhood and I've always believed that the fact that I'm a good, kind person was so much more important than being thin. I still believe that, unfortunately most other people don't. I'm losing weight for my health primarily because I'm finding it's suffering but there's also part of me that is losing weight just to have for at least once in my life a sense of being "normal".

{{hugs}}

#324   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 08:21

BF:

Thanks Nix, I appreciate that. What part of Canada are you from?
  #325   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 09:08

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:

I feel your pain! You know those girls and people that are like that pick on others just because they are lacking in their own lives so they choose that way to make themselves feel better - or they are just total SNOTS!! Hang in there and when you loose hopefully you'll meet them again and be able to shove it in their faces - revenge - HA HA
  #326   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 09:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 147/147/130 Female 5'2"
BF:

I sent clothes to the seamstress to be altered (just having hems down on new pants). Two weeks later when the pants came back, they were already too tight. That pretty much did it for me.
  #327   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-06, 20:17
Registered Member

Stats: 175/150/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 63%

Over the summer, like 5 people had hinted around asking me if I was pregnant I was mortified.
  #328   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 08:05

BF:

Thanks Joylorene, I'm definitely using the experience as motivation for myself. Which is kind of funny considering that they were trying to drag me down and all they really did was make me angry enough to want to change.
  #329   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 12:29
Give A Damn

BF:

Quote:
Thanks Nix, I appreciate that. What part of Canada are you from?

the flatlands!! good ol saskatchewan

you?
  #330   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 19:34

BF:

I'm from Southern Ontario, in my job I speak with folks from Sask...great people, fun to talk to!