Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-07, 05:41

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 330/325/200 Female 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 4%

When i weighed myself one morning and my scale gave me "ERR" .. Hmm. Too fat for my scale???????????? No way!!!!!!!! Anyway. That was my jump start event.
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-07, 22:22

Plan: Low carb (20 gms per day)
Stats: 162/138.5/119 Female 5"2"
BF:??
Progress: 55%

I was always thin back in the day. The face was pretty good too, I might add. When I hit 30 yo my weight began creeping up. I would say I needed to lose a few pounds and people would say, "You don't need to lose any weight, LOL!" After about 20 more pounds, no one said that anymore. Now it's 40 lbs overweight. Thirty yo was 18 years ago, I might add. I was never one to try a fad diet, so when a cousin told me about Atkins in 1999, I thought she was out of her mind. Well, I did lose 40 lbs. in 4 months and looked great again. Then I got cocky. Thought to myself, that now that I knew how to blast off 10-15 lbs on induction, I could binge on weekends or an entire vacation (for that matter) and just go on induction to lose again. All us Atkids know now that binging on carbs only triggers more cravings for carbs...and the rest is history! I have been gaining more each time I go off the WOL. I feel terrible when I don't follow the WOL, yet couldn't seem to realize that it is the carbs that make me feel so crappy. That lil' old bowl of pasta can't be bad can it? Anyway, the last straw(s) were:

*Depression to the point of suicidal thoughts

*Tired always

*Always starving

* Lots of clothes in closet that don't fit

*Run from cameras

*Made sure NEVER to bump into anyone from the past

*Avoided gatherings like the plague

* Knowing that each time I went on and off Atkins, I gained more back each time and each time I try it, it became more difficult to lose the weight. I figured it's only going downhill from here

*Tired of looking like the "bloated" Elvis

*Other people look good heavy (still having the proverbial "pretty face") but my face looks bloated, my chin doubles and my eyes are non-existent

*Look terrible in photos and was never photogenic to begin with

*When I show people my business card, with a photo from one of my more slender times, they do a double take and ask "When was this pic taken?" When I tell them it was just a couple years ago, they look at me in disbelief and I can read their minds that are thinking "Is this her nice looking twin sister, cuz this cannot be HER

Well, I am TIRED of this merry-go-round, 'cept I aint too merry on it.

Merry Lo Carb Christmas, all

Connie

Last edited by NoSugarGal : Fri, Dec-21-07 at 22:37. Reason: oops wasn't finished before sending! LOL
  #393   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-07, 18:01
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb plan
Stats: 289/284.4/114.5 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 3%

My kickstart event was finding out that my bad cholesterol was too high.
  #394   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-07, 21:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 331/331/175 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Mine Is I Have Always Been Big And Around 315 Lbs And I Have Started Gaining More I Always Said I Wouldnt Let Myself Get Over 300 But I Lied Lol. Im Now At About 330 And Im Only 26 And Have Been Married 8 Years And Unable To Have Kids And I Have Pcos And I Want Kids. If Anyone Has Lost Weight And Finally Gotten Preggers How Much Did You Lose Until You Got Pregant. Also My Hubby Has Started Saying More About Me Getting Bigger I Am So Sick And Tired Of Being Fat. I Take Pics Of My Face And Think Wow I Look So Pretty In The Pic But When I Look In The Mirror I Think Wow How Could I Be Pretty In A Pic But Not In The Mirror I Cry Most Of The Time From Looking In The Mirror. I Have To Try To Figure Out How To Post Pics Lol
  #395   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-07, 16:35

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 188/175/169 Female 67.5 in.
BF:
Progress: 68%

My kickstart moment was getting my wedding photos back...OY! 230lbs of taffeta was not pretty. I went out and bought myself a gym membership and some fatburners the next day....that was 6 years ago. Initally, I lost more than 70lbs. Three years ago, when I quit smoking I gained back about 25lbs. I have been battling that last 25lbs ever since. This is the year I am going to get those post-cessation pounds off. WOOT!
  #396   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 20:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 318/212/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

my re-kickstart came this past christmas day. My daughter was in charge of taking pictures. Thank goodness for digital because I was able to delete most of them.

But that was what put back on the right track.
  #397   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 21:29

Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

My kickstart moment was when I purchased a pant suit (because I was too embarassed to even wear a dress) in a size 14/16 for my cousins wedding and when I put it on 3 weeks later I couldn't do the pants up. I wore that pant suit to her wedding with a long shirt and my pants unbuttoned and unzipped half way. I kept telling everyone I didn't feel well to avoid hugs for fear they would notice I had my way too tight pants wide open. After that humiliating day, I resigned to a starvation diet and lost a few pounds then weighed myself for the first time in over a year and was saddened to see I was 183lbs; I thought I was about 150lbs. A few weeks later, I discovered Atkins and never looked back.
  #398   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-08, 01:35

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 134.5/132.5/110 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I haven't really felt like doing much lately and I guess I realized I am just living in a constant state of embarassement about how much I weigh.

I don't feel that this is me.

I don't want people to see me like this.
  #399   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 09:46

Stats: 309/290/130 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile

My kickstart moment came this past Christmas. I've been overweight for a long time, but when I realized I was exhausted when I was shopping with my family before Christmas Eve, and when I couldn't get down on the floor very easily to help my daughter open her presents, I knew things had to change. My family is wonderful, but I also saw my uncle look at me a second longer than he normally did when I was trying to stand up--some of you know how hard it can be to get up off the floor with weight like that. He just looked a little sad, and it really hit home. I knew I had no choice, that this weight had to come off.

The icing on the carb-filled cake came when I saw photos from that night. I swear, I didn't even recognize myself. My PPD (post partum depression) had me in such a state I barely went anywhere, and just hadn't realized how much damage I had done to my body.

Luckily my hubs had been saying repeatedly how he was starting back on LC on New Year's Day. After the realization, I was happy to join him.

Now? Only 10 lbs. lost but my depression is so much better. I feel for the first time in so very long...hopeful. I know LC has made that happen for me

-Erica
  #400   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 12:16

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 330/201/185 Male 5'10"
BF:Married
Progress: 89%
Default One of my kick starts

I had a physcal just a few weeks before I went low carb. During physical the doctor had to tell me to lift my belly so that he could do the proper hernia/cough check. Not one of my prouder moments.
  #401   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 04:13

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

Knowing I need to get healthy and not being able to fit into most of my pants - the other day my little dog decided to eat a huge hole in the last pair of jeans that I fit/stuffed myself into. Time to get to work!!!
  #402   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-08, 17:37

Stats: 265/200/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

When an ex told me - "you're fat and no one will ever love you."

I thought, I may be fat - but you're rude and hurtful. At least I can change my problem.

That ex saw me 9 months later. 90lbs lighter. Best part: that 90lbs found my ex :-)
  #403   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 12:39

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

I moved in 2005 and used that as an opportunity to start Jenny Craig as part of my new lifestyle. Maybe it was fear of dating; though I never had a problem finding fun guys in my previous area, even when I was well above 300 lbs, I suddenly felt self-conscious about meeting people.

Then I met Mr. Right and married him, and some of the weight I lost on JC crept back. I tried following that plan again, working out really hard, and lost 10 lbs to fit into a dress for my brother's wedding last August. I thought I looked good. But then, as many people here have said, I saw the pictures. Eeesh. My brother and his gorgeous bride looked amazing. I looked like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man. I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the fat, tired, worn woman looking back at me.

That didn't push me into a change right away, though. Instead, I was so upset that I started secret binging again. And gained back the 10 lbs... and 10 more. The thought of an upcoming vacation is what reset my compass again: I want to be able to walk around the Disney parks with my 14 year old and not have to stop that often. I don't want to be afraid that I won't fit in the ride seats.

Maybe I didn't start early enough to be ready for a mid-February vacation, but just wait 'til you see me on the rollercoasters at Cedar Point this summer!
  #404   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 17:08

Stats: 260/255/190 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress:

For me it was getting tired of you have such a pretty face... And everyone has a way to lose weight that I should try... Besides its not easy having to sisters who weigh 130lbs... I way what they way... just put together...
  #405   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-08, 06:14

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 154/141/130 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress:

Diagnosed with PCOS
(having irregular cycles and wanting to conceive a baby)
Heard somewhere how it worked for other people.