Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 09:47
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%

Isn't it great when you reach that stage where you actually feel great or better when you workout? . I imagine it's equivalent to that feeling of euphoria that runners get (runners high).

Have a great day & keep up the great work. You are doing awesome!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 23:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/188/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I love that feeling!!! It is the best high ever, I love it! Thank you so much for the encouraging comments!!!

I worked out for an hour today on my eliptical trainer, I also did 30 minutes of weight training, pushups, situps, etc.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 09:39
Go Big or Go Home

Great job on the workout. You are going to be so buff by this summer, noone's going to believe you've had a baby! That's where I want to be by the summer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife05
Wow great job!!! It sounds like you a have a lot of good exercise videos..which ones do you like the best?!
I have quite a few favorites LOL.
Gay Gasper...it was one of those 2 workouts in 1 offers that was the same price as 1 of the others so I grabbed it. Really glad I did now. Her step routine isn't the greatest, but I love her ab workout.
Anything by David Snively, he's got a great personality and just makes workouts fun.
Jennifer Kries & Ellen Barrett - love both of these gals for Pilates!
Boot Camp Training by Crunch is now one of my fav's!! I've had the tape for years and never tried it until the other day, sure wish I had. It's great.
I'm not a fan of Kathy Smith per se...but her Fat Burning Breakthrough step workout is really good.
Billy Blanks Tae Bo....love it! Talk about getting a sweat going in a couple of minutes LOL. I don't recommend Billy Blanks Tae Boxing (by Crunch)...it's not even close to the same as his own personal Tae Bo workouts. Was very disappointed in that one.
I also taped quite a few off the Health Network or the Health Channel (years ago when I had a satelite dish) and some of those I really enjoy. Caribbean Workout with David Snively, Tamilee Webb & Bodies in Motion (Gilad?).

I have no exercise equipment and can't afford a gym membership, so I have to rely on video's. I like to mix them up a bit so I don't get bored!

Hope you have a great weekend!!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 12:50

BF:

Hehe thanks, I hope to look decent by the summer!!!

Thanks for all the video recommendations!! I usually walk or use my eliptical trainer but I like doing videos. The only ones that I currently have are Billy Blanks Boot Camp videos, they are good but really hard! I want some more variety!

I worked out last night for about 40 minutes on my eliptical and then did pushups, situps, crunches, leg lifts, etc. I am sore today!!!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 18:08

BF:

I didn't do so great with working out last night. I was really tired! I did about 15 minutes on my eliptical and then about 20 minutes of crunches, situps, pushups, leg lifts, etc.

I need to do better tonight!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 20:23
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

You rock! I cannot seem to get ANY workouts in on the weekends. My excuse is I work 8 am to 7 pm but still I could go after but I am too lazy! Haha
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 21:22

BF:

Ha, I know! I am the same way on days that I am busy. When I am tired I just feel like relaxing and it is so hard for me to get motivated to exercise!!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-06, 13:15

BF:

Ugh I am such a slacker, I haven't worked out for the past two days...what is wrong with me?!! I need to get motivated and have a good workout today!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 15:59

BF:

I worked out for an hour on my eliptical trainer on Monday and also did a half hour of weight training, crunches, situps, pushups, etc. It was a great workout! But then yesterday I didn't exercise at all!! Ugh! It is frustrating!!! It is hard to find time to exercise with a (almost) 1 year old...but I know that I just need to be more motivated!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 17:07
Go Big or Go Home

Hey Liz girl - how the heck are ya? Haven't seen you online for a bit...hope all is ok with you & the family!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 13:38

BF:

I have been slacking a bit with exercise! My daughter has been teething and has been very fussy and things have just been busy! I have worked out two days so far this week which I guess isn't too bad. I want to work out tonight!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 20:01
Go Big or Go Home

Liz, Liz, Liz - I was starting to get real worried about you. So glad to see you & the family are OK, but sorry to hear about Audrey's teething. Hope they pop thru soon!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 20:22

BF:

Sorry to worry you! I hadn't realized that I had been away for so long! I hope to be on here more this week!