Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#871   ^
Old Mon, Dec-25-23, 14:38

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz......I'm with you! I'm not waiting until Jan. 1. I just ate my last Xmas cookie. Tomorrow is Day #1 for me. Let's drop a couple pounds before Jan. 1st! NYE we'll be having tenderloin steaks and shrimp and NY'S Day we'll have pork & sauerkraut. All perfectly acceptable for the way I need to eat. Now....just to get the movement part in place. I didn't get a walk in today as I was sitting here waiting and waiting for DD and the grandsons to arrive. Oh well.....tomorrow is another day.

We're going to the other Grandma's house for birthday cake for youngest grandson around 5 o'clock. Hard to believe he's 15 already! I won't be tempted by cake....not my thing.

Have a good evening!
Sponsored Links
  #872   ^
Old Mon, Dec-25-23, 17:16

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS!!!

glad Lori taught me this or I would be cussin up a storm and worried and more right now

JUST cooked filet mignon and shrimp, literally eating at 6:05 and we all got our plates and ring ring

Rachel to ER....hubby gone already to ER. Bad lungs due to flu going around nursing home and she can't breath well etc so off she goes to ER

at this point I can't eat so I put up hubby's food and stuck up too cause I am like 'merry freak9in9' xmas' to us and worried on R cause honestly with her bad lungs I am worried all the time if it goes into the chest any issues she has could be life threatening instantly.

ok that is it right now.

edited to say hubby got home around midnight and they are admitting her and she will be on drugs and some more testing so waiting to see what happens from there.

ok another day right.....take it from there later

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Dec-26-23 at 04:06.
  #873   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-23, 05:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig......So sorry about MIL.....Merry Freakin' Christmas indeed! I hope they caught it in time before it gets deep into her lungs. Yes.....take it a day at a time. This thing called "life" can be great or total crap when we have to deal with illness etc.

We had a nice time at DGS15's birthday party. Everyone was there and it was nice to see everyone. No cake for me! Score!

Not sure what I'm doing today. I have to look at the weather to see if I can get out for a little walk. I think it may start raining by mid-morning. I need a few things from the grocery store, so I have to do that at some point.

Nic & Jaz .........
  #874   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-23, 07:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

REBOOT Day and JUMP START!

Trig- I am super sorry to hear about MIL. I am telling you this flu going around is no joke. My daughter and family STILL have it and now it has gone to my daughters' lungs. She has full out bacterial bronchitis now. I feel for your MIL- I hope they get her what she need. It is highly contagious just BTW!

Sucks your Christmas ended on that note! Keep us posted.

How is kiddo doing? Did she enjoy her Christmas?

Lori- Girl we can start today! I am not waiting- (see below).
Glad you had a nice and quiet Christmas and the BParty went well. Cake does nothing for me either. It can sit on the counter and rot.

I haven't had pork in a good long minute! That actually sounds good. The sauerkraut would blow me up though. Do you rinse yours? Good for your gut though!

Nic- Wondering how your holiday went. How are all the peeps?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't gross you out other than to say I got ahold of bad meat. REALLY bad meat. I even did the sniff test as it looked a bit "off". I ate it anyway! Not only did I eat it I had it with Rao sauce and the pretend spaghetti noodles.
Both ends rejected it at the SAME time last night at midnight. TWICE. To say my gut and stomach is beat up is an understatement.

I was actually able to get to sleep around three but got up about 7. I am sipping my coffee nice and slow. I am going to not eat today- JUMPSTART- GUT REST. Not the way I wanted to start it. But I am still queasy, it won't be hard to just do water today.

I am going to clean out the fridge and freezer and pitch the rest of the meat box meat. I just don't trust it now. It will be a minute before I eat tomato based anything.

Well now that you got all the gory details. I am on a reboot and looking forward to my move.

I just ordered my standing desk and office chair to be delivered to new place. Washer and dryer coming Friday. I get keys on Friday! It's coming along! I just can't wait to get in and settled. FINIALLY. It seems like it has been a journey.

Got big time rain this morning and thunder. Then it is supposed to clear out for the next week! YAY!

I am thankful this is a slow work week. I would not have been able to meet anyone today. My boss is also off for the week! The gal covering for her is SO laid back. I need that this week!

That is that-

I am thinking about your MIL Trig- Do keep us posted!

Another Christmas is done and gone! 2024 lets roll!!!!!!
  #875   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-23, 10:38

BF:

Jaz.....OMG.....sorry you got sick overnight. How miserable! Hope your fasting day clears it all up. How far is the new condo from where you are now? I'm anxious to hear all about it. Do you have Friday off to start your move?

-------

I went out in 40 degrees and drizzle for a 30 minute walk. Better than nothing. My stomach isn't feeling great today either, to be honest. My focus on eating this week will be on making good choices, but not so much on how much I eat. I'm avoiding sugar, but I'm not going to starve myself.

We're getting heavy rain tomorrow, so there will be no walk. I'll need to fire up a Pahla B. video and get moving.

Looking forward to the new year!
  #876   ^
Old Wed, Dec-27-23, 15:35

BF:

Responded via Email-

Back to normal- feeling better. Tomorrow will post here
  #877   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-23, 05:04

BF:

Good Morning!

It appears we're back in business here. This weekend I'll set up a new thread for us to start using in 2024.....stay tuned!

DH & I went to Panera for lunch yesterday. OMG...bread. I had their Autumn Squash soup.....good grief it was good. Of course, the scale is up this morning, but it was totally worth it. It was nice to have a lunch date and we both enjoyed it.

----------

Jaz....Tomorrow is the big day! Do you have to work, or did you take the day off? How far is your new condo from where you are now? I'm thinking it's not too far?

Nic....Are things calming down at your house? Now to get ready for your remodeling project and heading for your sanctuary in DE, right?

Trig...Thinking about you and hoping things are going ok.

--------

Not planning to do much today. I may go out for a walk if it's not raining. I think it's supposed to be clearing out.

Have good days!
  #878   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-23, 12:30

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr here. It looks stellar outside until you step out. High today 48.

Yup- tomorrow is the Part one of 2 moving days! Tomorrow, I empty out the Airbnb. Saturday, I meet the movers at my storage locker for my REAL furniture. Tomorrow my washer and dryer, standing desk and WIFI equipment all get delivered.

Oh yes I am "working" through all this. Good news- Nothing is happening tomorrow. All managers are off and there are Zero appointments. I just need to carry my phone- and I am good.

The Washer and dryer is coming at 730! I am first stop! Not happy about that. I have to get up early to meet them over there. It is 25 minutes from here. I am SO over moving! Not doing it again for a good minute.
I will be glad to get in though. I will sleep here tomorrow- I get my bed Saturday. I am wondering if I need a new mattress. I have shuffled that thing around for the last 5 years. Move after mover- and storage locker after storage locker! Just thinking.

I am so ready for Changes in Latitude Changes in Attitude! Thank you, Jimmy Buffett.
I just want to feel better. I am wondering if that was not a stomach bug I picked up, not bad meat. The stomach pain issue is lasting a bit longer than I like.

Hope you all doing well!

Lori- Soup sounds so nice about now!!!!!! Good for you to get in a walk!

Trig- Any updates with MIL?????????? HUGSSSSS

Nic- Thinking you have one more day of "people" still under your roof. When are you heading out for DE?

Not much else- Putting all my boxes to the door to take out tomorrow.

Take care all
  #879   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-23, 05:01

BF:

Lori, brrr, we went cold here again too...ugh
man we gotta wait a long time for some good spring now, bleck!!

You are smart to eat all ya need, just control those carbs and you will be fine as you always are!!

Yes, thanks tons for starting our new year thread soon! Will surely follow you there later!!

Jazz...OMG on that bad meat story. yikes, heavens.......what the hell is pretend noodles?? ewwww glad the guts got cleared and you are starting to be ok. I been very very lucky on meat so far, never had that to your level in years so.....hold on!!

yea MIL has covid. got her on right meds and she is improving fast and a few days back to nursing home and quaratine time.

Did you move? Are you done? Not sure on your schedule or I read things off in some way? what's doing on your new digs??

-------------all good

off to store to buy some stuff kiddo wants. will check out steaks and see if I can jump on some.

made big ol' chuck roast in oven. ate like 2 lbs in a flash. darn I love those suckers, so tender. next sale I am buying quite a few to eat thru winter. lower cost, love them, so tender, don't mind the oven on in winter

just chillin'. hope to get kid's car any day now...come on ya know UGH

Check this out. Got refund from IRS for last yrs taxes. They refunded my whole $864 I paid plus interest, to 900....WEEEE...remember, on taxes I paid thru electronic pay on March 30, then it was scheduled to pull payment on March 31 out of my checking acct----but it never took the money. So I called IRS and the guy said we showed you paid! I said I did not. Looks like I did on the electronic transaction but the money never left the acct. So IRS guy says pay with check. Then at end of year we will tally up and you get a refund if you paid twice.

Well I got the refund but did not pay twice....LOL...yup, free taxes last year.....govt sucks rocks truly. I checked again my old statement and that tax money was never electronically taken out, but they did cash my check for the 864. on like April 3----but they then refunded me cause they thought I paid twice.
Dumbos! So that 900 covered alot of xmas I bought HAHA
dumbazz govt.

but probably in 3-4 yrs I will get audited all over this 900 LOL, hey not funny if that went down HAHA ugh

hey 900 to the good, I am taking it and running away with it!

ok over and out
  #880   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-23, 07:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Never got out for a walk yesterday. Rain never left the area and it was just miserable. Add to that, my stomach was in an uproar all day. Not sure what I ate that fired that up? Who the he!! knows? Hoping to get out for a walk today as it's warm and the sun is peeking out a bit.

-------

Trig.....Glad to hear that MIL is improving! When we didn't hear from you, I was thinking the worst. Whew! OMG on the IRS and giving you a freebie on taxes for the year. I would hang on to it and invest it because chances are they will eventually figure out that you do indeed owe it. Crazy! Did DD get her car back yesterday?

Jaz.....Thinking about you and your move today. Did the washer/dryer arrive early this morning? I know you had to hit the ground running this morning. Ruger is probably thinking "Here we go again!"

Nic.....Where are you now? I'm thinking DE? You are due for some down time after all the holiday hub-bub.

-------

DH wants me to make him another milk pie today, so I got the pie crust out of the freezer. It's easy to make and I only hope I can keep from eating 1/2 of it!

Have good days!
  #881   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-23, 06:50

BF:

OMG -Here I go Again!!!!!!

So, yesterday was day one of 2 moving days! Yesterday were 3 carloads over to the new place. My son helped get my office set up. Put together a standing desk (Those are so sweet)- and get my Wifi and TV up and going.

The actual Funiture and Movers come in about 2 hours from now. I am STILL in this Airbnb. I will go to the storage unit and meet movers from there. We will load up the truck and go to new place and unload. I will come back here, pick up Ruger and that will be all she wrote for here.

I will be sleeping and living in the new place as of today! It has been a rough week. I am pretty sure I had a stomach bug not bad meat. I am just now feeing "normal". It was pretty miserable. I am so glad I am over that. Add that to traveling and moving make for not eating great. At the mercy of what I can grab. URghhhhhhhh

Trig- I would be all over those steaks!!!!!! Did your kiddo get her car back?
OMG the IRS and that 900- had me is real stitches! I read that TWICE! Take it and run! Wheeeeeeee- They steal enough of our money anyway! All over that!!! YUP!

I am now hungry for a roast as well. I HAVE to get back on track today, and will start with a roast too! How do you make yours? Do you add water? Gravy? Seasonings?

I am so glad as well your MIL is doing better. I tell you there is so much "crap" floating around out there! That new strain is highly contagious, I am not shocked she got something. SO glad she is better!

Lori- I sure hope you are not getting some "bug" like I got. It lasted a good 3-4 days.

I think the 1st would be a great day for our NEW START/ REBOOT! I am in 100% - need it !!!! -

HAHAHA on the Milk pie. You will shut it down come Jan. 1st.

Is it still raining and cold up there?

NIC- Hey there. I am looking at the Calander and thinking you have goodbye to all your guests. I am eager to hear how it all went! I know you are ready for your DE nest!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am ready to plant myself for a minute and bloom. Notice I said for a minute!
I am SO SO SO ready for a fresh WOE start and thinking about what exactly I will focus on.
30 day BBBE - for sure
30 day- Moving of SOMETHING everyday. This is doable as I bought a walking pad right before I had to put it in storage. I will have that now!

Well- I have to get ready for my day. It will be non-stop for a few hours.

HERE I GO AGAIN!

LOLOLOL- Have a great one!
  #882   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-23, 08:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....Thanks for taking a minute to check in! I was thinking about you all day yesterday and wondering how things were going. Hope you check in tonight and tell us you have "landed".

--------

DH & I went out for a walk yesterday. Only 1.5 miles or so. Easy walk. I don't think it's going to happen for me today. I'm not feeling well this morning. Can't really put my finger on it.....just blah. I've been having lots of tummy distress for what seems like a week now. I hate it! I've been sitting with my heating pad over me ever since I got up at 5. Just don't want to move. It is gray and dreary outside....that doesn't help me feel any better. Bah!

Trig & Nic....hope you are well!

Later!
  #883   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 03:58

BF:

Lori, yea different types of 'bugs' are out there....ya mighta got some kind of tummy bug or ? you are fighting off but not too sick kinda.....but hope you improve fast!!

your milk pie? what they sell here is called Buttermilk Pie. hubby loves it, are ya using buttermilk like this one? just wondering

HEY SO CLOSE to starting our new thread for the new year :P

think of you 'word' for the year.....I think Jaz is using REBOOT LOL

Jaz, omgosh on your moves but darn even tho ya said for a minute to lay your head down and rest, believe me you need a perm place for a bit. get into a good routine and relax your azz off to in your new digs.

tummy bug sure could be it for ya vs bad meat

on chuck roast I use some low sodium beef broth. Just fill it up about 1/2 way to roast and I just flip the roast a few times and done deal. don't add no seasonings at all. if broth gets low thru evap. sometimes I just then add water back into the beef broth and finish cooking. I am a very lazy, simple cook LOL

can't wait to hear about your new place and how you will adjust to it! ruger too

Nicco, what ya doing, girl you best be posting on our new thread for the new year with a new post or we gonna come get ya!! WEEEE hope all is well

------HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE day.
I won't be doing nothing tonight. haven't cared about ny's eve in years now but I might booze it up some later today! guess listen to some fireworks the neighbors will shoot off maybe but heck my neighbors are getting as old as us now and less is happening at thier homes on my dead end road too

eh, new year, gotta think of a word. something simple, dont wanna overthink any of this yr coming

yea MIL doing NOT as good as I thought when hubby 'gave me the info' HE OF course gave me the abbreviated crap version he normally gives.....so when I ASKED more in depth questions I got more truths. Her lungs are not good. She is breathing as well as they hoped on treatment so she is not getting out any time soon and hubby then says, yea she might not survive this one? HUH??? well hell like tell me this first instead of 'she is doing better' cause there ain't no better that I am hearing when I get the 'real full report' later when I gotta dig for info. ugh.

I don't know. taking this day by day right now and see where it goes but ya know....I don't have a 'bad feeling' for this issue for MIL for some reason, kinda like that feeling she will be fine. like guts telling me just time to heal the respirtory and back to facility she goes.....but who knows at this point? truly

so hubby's bday is Jan 4. I asked 3 times, 3 for me to book about 2-3 weeks in Feb down at key west and he is like, hmm, NAH.....NAH? what the hell am I early retired for????
AND this was before his mom got sick too so??
now that his mom is sick I just dropped booking anything yet. but still....gonna just start booking some trips for early spring and just 'tell him about it' about a week beforehand LOL that way he just goes and doesnt get damn involved with any 'thoughts' no it, yes, lead him by hand...what I gotta do around here ugh

hubby checked kiddo's car today working at car dealership. body shop area. they are closed Sat early so he got there late but saw her car....hmmm, some dent marks on back end that did not get fixed? COME ON....told him Mond to get the hell there and get this straightened out fast now....hell she returns to Uni on the 11th, don't trust the body shop now BLECK! cut me a darn break here ya know.

ok over and out right now....ate up a ribeye steak and chicken today. ate some salami and cheddar too.

be good all

enjoy the evening tonight and ring in the new year and watch for our new thread Lori is gonna post!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Lori, Nicco and Jazz!!!!! it is coming at us fast tonight now
  #884   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 07:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Last day of the year.....time flies! I'm feeling better today, but still not great. I either have a bug or it's a side effect from the Red Yeast Rice supplement that I started taking a few weeks ago to try to lower my cholesterol. I read that it can cause gastric issues. I'm not taking it anymore. To he!! with the Dr. As long as my Trig & HDL are in good range, I'm not worried about the total or LDL. Bah!

DH & I want to get out for a walk today. Yesterday I couldn't leave the house IYKWIM. It's cloudy and will only get up to a high of 40, so not ideal for walking, but we'll get it done. Tonight I'm making us tenderloin steaks and shrimp cocktail.

---------

Jaz......I see you're online, so I'll wait for your update.

Trig.....OMG....men! They never get details or anything when someone is sick. I hope MIL can beat the lung issues. It's rough for sure. Good idea to make reservations for trips and tell DH when to be in the truck! For my milk pie, I just use a cup of whole milk, a cup of sugar and a 1/4 cup of flour. A bit of cinnamon sprinkled on top and a few "dots" of butter. Easy!

Nic.....How's it going?

--------

That's it from here. I'll start a new thread for us this evening so we're all ready to go for tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Dec-31-23 at 07:50.
  #885   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 08:04

BF:

NEW YEARS EVE! 2023

I am in and woke up in my new digs. For some reason I thought this cottage was smaller than it is. For the record it is 100 sq.ft larger than my "Dollhouse". It is darling!!!!!! I love it. I can "see" me here for a minute.

Details: 2 large bedrooms and 2 bath. The bathrooms and flooring were completely redone. Teh flooring was laid right before I moved in.
Wood burning fireplace, nice size kitchen with all NEW appliances, separate dining room with French doors that open to back patio area. I have windows on 3 sides and get both the morning and evening light. It is VERY bright. I just LOVE IT!
The COZY COTTAGE!!!!! Pictures after I unpack!

OMG- the neighbor! So, I was just pooped yesterday. I had the front door open for light- (I have a storm door of glass). Anyway- I heard a hard knock on my front door. I went to the door and saw a Deputy in full uniform (gun, handcuffs, club) standing at my door. I was like- UMMMMMMMMM Hello?????
He said: My wife told me to put on regular clothes first! HAHAHAH- He is my next-door neighbor. Gave me his card and told me if I needed anything to call him. He seems nice. He is older (maybe early 60's)
yeah....... OLDER 60's- Like I am not knocking on that door! Anyway, it is a nice neighborhood. Clean, and well maintained. Working and retired people live here. I like being out of an apt complex environment. This seems more like a home environment.

I need to return the washer. It is dead as a doornail. Sighhhhhh another thing.........

I have some SERIOUS unpacking to do!!! How is it for someone who moves and gets rid of alot still have SO many boxes????

I have full cable and got my TV up and placed right in front of my couch!!!!! SWEETNESS. I bought a larger TV last year- but didn't have cable. TILL NOW!

Lori- It does sound almost like a low-level tummy bug you have. I had that too. Although on the first night I did throw up. Then felt like crap for about 3 days. I just felt "normal" yesterday. FEEL better! I agree that cold and dreary doesn't make one want to do anything!!!!

Trig- I am sad for your MIL. How miserable. I know the Chop has got to be worried. Urghhhhhh......

I love the idea of you making plans! Girllllllll Key WEST! I would be all over that. Sun, warm, change of scenery. He might change his mind as the winter sets in! Jan./ Feb. is rough for sun seekers like us! Yup- best get some trips on the books!

OMG- on the car situation. They have had that car now....what 2 months, 3 months??? Time to send in the CHOP!

I picked up a BEAUTIFUL Chuck Roast yesterday. It is on sale for 5.99 pound! I have Roast and ribs just waiting to be made. Thanks for the idea of a bit of broth. Love it. I usually braise my meat first then cook. I dug out my I-Pot pressure cooker just for this roast! Nothing else might be unpacked, but my roast is going to be done today! Tired of eating junk! - Got back on track yesterday.

Nic- Hiya- waiting for your check in!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing else to add as I have been rambling on and on about my new digs.

I am VERY VERY excited for my REBOOT! It started yesterday. I went to the store and bought just enough to get going until I can do a "staple" shop. Bought a package of strip steaks that were SO good.

I also decided to "try" premade bacon. I was shocked at just how good they were. I just popped them in the airfryer for 60 seconds and they come out hot and crispy! Who knew?????- you could use a microwave or skillet. No huge grease mess.

Roast today and Ribs maybe tomorrow. Plenty to get a good jumpstart and go into 2024.

2024- I am ready for you!

We got this ladies! -