Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-23, 10:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig......Oh yeah....it was the massage gun! No monkey business....we is old folks, you know!

Jaz....The hamstring issue is nothing new. It started with high hamstring tendonitis several years ago when I was trying to train for a half marathon and now it is a constant, nagging thing. It flares up from time to time. A PITA literally!

Trip to Aldi done, pie in the oven and I'm back sitting on my heating pad. Ain't life grand?

Count me in on the challenge for January! I need to drop this last 10 lbs and be done with it!
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-23, 20:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Oh yea!!!!!!!! #3 on Challenge- one maintainer, cheering from stands and humming her tune! Sounds good.

I am reading and thinking about all you said Trig about meats. I am going to tinker for sure but may have to toss in a hardcore day in the mix. We don't have alot of wiggle room.

OMG you had me rolling about the Chop calling you out of his blanket...... and here I thought he got you on something "juicier"- LOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHA

Oh yea, you just HAD yo go there with Lori and her vibrating gun on her fanny and hubby- I want to pee my pants! WE need clean it up before I get us tossed yet again!

Lori- does ,,,,,, your....... leg ,,,,, feel ....... better??????? Trig put me up to it!!!!!!!!

Ok I am getting slap happy- not even with a drink- just tired. LOLOL

Nic- have a great night sorting out the TO DO list. It is coming at us fast.
-------------------------------------------------

So, my daughter text this evening to left me know half the family over there is sick in bed with flu. Yea I am ticked. Another cancelled holiday. I just don't get it.

So how do you all handle it when someone is sick around the Holidays or events? I really want to know. I said I wasn't going. I have to move 4 days after Christmas and can't afford to get sick? So frustrating. Input please.

Later gators.
  #843   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-23, 06:15

BF:

Leg??? What leg?? Oh yeah! Uh huh.....feels better!

---------

Good Morning!

Rain overnight, but we lucked out and didn't get too much and no wind either. The coast is a mess with high winds and so much rain.

I'm not planning on doing much today. So what else is new? I have a few things to pull together for Christmas. I'll go to the grocery store later this week for a ham and some fixins' for DH. It'll just be the two of us.....I hope. Our DD doesn't know when she'll be in the area or how many of her family will be here. She flies by the seat of her pants, always. Drives me nuts as I am a planner. It's hard for me to just go with the flow.

--------

Jaz.....Sorry about your DD's family being sick.....again. It always seems to hit families with kids right at the holidays. I don't blame you for not wanting to get in the middle of that. Xmas is a week away......has your DD canceled everything already? Maybe they'll be feeling better till next Monday?

Trig.....I love that when your DH said you were in trouble you thought "Uh oh....what did he find out?" Oh yeah.....we don't share everything with them, right? Whew! It was just the blanket!

Nic.....A busy week ahead for you! Hope all the "oldies" are up for the trip and the festivities! I saw a cute family game on Instagram and it made me think of you and all the fun things you guys do at Christmas. The game was.....you spread out a bunch of Christmas package bows on the table and a good sized bowl. Everyone takes turns being blindfolded and you hand them a spatula and they try to scoop up bows and put them in the bowl. After so much time you stop them and whoever gets the most bows into the bowl wins. It looked like a hoot! Not easy!

--------

That's it from here. Lazy day.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Dec-18-23 at 06:21.
  #844   ^
Old Mon, Dec-18-23, 12:31

BF:

Good Morning!

I can't believe it is week of Christmas. More, it is the END OF 2023 in a week! Where has this year gone?????

Lori- - Nothing wrong with a quiet Christmas. Last year at this time I was in Charleston and working. So, it was pretty much a non-holiday for me. Yup- sometimes the quiet is pretty nice! You can just keep right on rolling.

It will be interesting to see what your grocery store is like a week before Christmas!

Trig/ Nic- Waiting for ya!
------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting to see if my SIL has Covid VS Flu- Sighhhhhhh

Just working today and staying healthy ...... Knocking on wood!
  #845   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-23, 03:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco hope all is going well for ya!!

Lori, oh boy, we are classified as the old folks now HUH, well yea, I belong in that category now I guess LOL

go with the flow....hard to do isn't it. I like set plans also. hope your DD can let ya know sooner than later....means it falls easier for you too in the end.

OH SO you have a last 10 you want off also? OK join the crowd, we are all going for it!!!!

Jazz, sicky around xmas...hmmm, you could do a video call type thing if they are still sick on that day or did your DD cancel everyithing? I mean we got days still but if anyone is real sick I wouldn't go, your move is too close to truly get ill at this point. And besides, you can make any darn day xmas day for them ya know. hope things fall into a good place for ya on that!

------------today is boring type day. do this and that. up at 4am and greeting you guys. then outside to fill up the cat food tray.

kiddo got some gut issues LOL from eating ALL that crap she bought. too much of diff stuff at all times. told her stop the hell eating that stuff and go easy food for a day and right the guts back to normal ugh.

I guess I gotta wrap some presents? not many to do actually. bought so little. still waiting on that apple watch to come in the mail...ugh....

kiddo cleaned her room real nice last night but ya know what, her bathroom got destroyed at the same time LOL how can one clean a bedroom but destroy a bathroom literally at the same time?? I go into her bathroom and her shower curtain is hanging 1/2 mast with ripped grummets and her shower rod is practically hanging off the wall?? and clothes all on the ground from her closet maybe? and then her countertop had all kinds of crap on it and thought, where did all this come from? from under her tv qrea in her bedroom? I don't know LOL I just wanted to tell her NOT to clean cause I end up cleaning and fixing the second room destroyed HAHA

ok off to find something to do....got rum drinks on the brain now, hmmm

ok, off to get a laundry going.
  #846   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-23, 09:12

BF:

Good Morning!

I laid in bed until nearly 7:30! I woke up early, but cuddled down in the cozy flannel sheets. DH got up and took care of Gabby around 5, though she hadn't gotten up yet. Anyway, it is cold & windy today. Not my kind of day. I'll be staying inside. DH wants us to start doing some walking outside, but this gal isn't going out in the cold wind... It's supposed to be sunny from tomorrow on, so maybe we'll get out then.

We may go out for dinner. Not sure.....DH suggested it and I'm all for it. Sitting here now with my heating pad wrapped around my hamstring and sipping coffee. My kind of day.

Be well everyone!
  #847   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-23, 18:20

BF:

Spot holder! today was super busy at work! I worked so much I got a NECK CRICK!!!!!! Just enough to be annoying as crap! I need to pull out the heating pad!

Personals tomorrow when my neck is hurting. BTW- Besides my Rum...... (wink wink Trig) I got one of those sample bottles of PEANUT BUTTER WHISKEY! - Thank you Nic for that idea!!! HOLY HANNAH was it amazing. I mixed it with raspberry sparkling water. I will get a few more of those next time. I don't want a entire bottle may 2 -3 to go. Love those Nip/ airline bottles. Perfect size for one drink.

All the drinks stop Jan 1- LOLOLOL- Gotta get through this RUM. I can only manage 1 and a half and I am GOOD! This bottle will still be here next year. (NOT) LOLOL

Lori- yum- go to dinner!

Update- Both my DD and SIL have Influenza A - and they are flat in bed with fevers over 102-104, chills, shakes and headaches and body aches.
This gal is going NOWHERE near that house.

My son is doing a food pick up for them tomorrow and dropping it at the door. I expect the kids are next........ Flu here is rampant! Sighhhhhhhhh Oh well.

Oh....... I have 3 months of Free Apple TV. I am starting a new series tonight. SILO- heard it was great.

Till tomorrow ladies. I will respond promise!
  #848   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-23, 07:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Yum, Jaz.....PB whiskey is the bomb! I carry a little bottle in my golf bag and sip on it while I'm playing when it's chilly out. Warms you right up and so, so good! Hope your neck is better today. That is miserable.

Trig.....Have you gotten DD's bathroom put back together? Sounds like she just moved stuff from one room to the other. Around here we call that "shifting the sh!t"

Nic.....Hope all is going well in your world.

--------

We got the proposal from our contractor last night. It is almost exactly the amount I thought it would be. It seems like SO much money, but we are blessed to have it and just have to spend it to have things fixed up. This will be the last big project that DH & I do around here.....hopefully. I saved the proposals on my thumb drive and we will go to the UPS store to print out some copies so we can sign them and forward a check to the contractor so he can order all the "stuff". It's a pain not having a printer at home, but we very seldom need to print anything and the UPS store is nearby. It costs a couple dollars to print things when we need to. So it goes.

DH wants to go for a walk this afternoon since it is supposed to be in the 40's and sunny. He keeps trying to pry me out of this recliner. We didn't end up going out for dinner last night. I just warmed up some chili and made DH a toasted cheese sandwich. We didn't feel like going out in the cold wind. We'll go tonight and get a turkey sub or something.

That's it from here. One day closer to Spring!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Dec-20-23 at 07:38.
  #849   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-23, 10:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey folks!

No PB whiskey suggestion from me! I've never tried it. That was Lori. That spiced rum sounds pretty yum though.

Lori whoohoo to having work done. It is a pain but so great afterward and so worth it.

Jaz- sorry about the crick in your neck- sounds like a full workday!

Yeah I know of people (not locally though) who have the flu and it does sound awful.

Trig sounds like for better or worse your DD is settling right in. I always had a little bit of a love/dislike when the college kiddos would be home for a long period of time. I got used to the slower pace, less mess etc. I like being "mom" for a few days then I'm ready for them to head back to their lives so I can get back to mine.

Speaking of, busy busy around here. Normal for the time period. I just do what I can do in a day and move on. The to do list is getting a work out, that much is for certain!

Trying to get a walk in every single day unless it is raining. I suit up for the cold and hit the road. All good!
  #850   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-23, 17:47

BF:

Hey Ladies!

My morning fly so here I am posting work! Today was BUSY! I have a couple of very active cases! As my New Zealand gals says "oh Bloody Hell" She sound so very British. "Brillant then" And then she said- Did the Matriarch Lady die in Downton Abby? I said: yes- she goes....... Oh how "wicked".......

LOLOL I could listen to her talk every day. She calls me "Love". I call she says: Oh Hello Love..........Brillant!

Lori-
You sneaky think you keeping a Nip bottle in your bag! I tell you the Peanut butter Whiskey is the bomb.

Yum yum on the sub! I don't know how you just eat a half! But good on you!

Nic-
I know girl you are on full tilt till the 27th and the house is them empty of guests!!!!!!! Thinking of you and hoping you have a grand time with family.

Trig- enjoying that kiddo! Messy and all!
-----------------------------------------------------

My DD and SIL are still SO sick. My son did a store pick up for them. They are still bathrooms and fevers. We dropped off the gifts and food for them. Maybe next year. Sighhhh
Not the end of the world.

Work is going. Actually it is one of the better jobs I have had I am ok. Sure, some frustrations. But overall- yea..... it's working for me right now.

I am so looking forward to moving. Not the process of course. Just getting settled into "my place" for a minute!

I am SO loving Apple TV right now! Off to watch SILO- great series. SIFI

Massive reboot coming Jan. 1st. - need it- up 4 pound.
  #851   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-23, 05:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, sorry the family is that sick, oh yes keep big distance on that new year, new focus for us all! we will get'er done and ALL hit into our maintenance where we want to be....cool if the 4 of us are all maintainers and chat that time too!

yea Lori is the PB whiskey gal
Nicco is the 'let's shoot fireball shots' gal HA
You're a wine'er and I am a rum'mer

Nicco, yea 'mom for a few days' and then let that be gone LOL
I feel ya on it!!

glad things are going in easy form for you. new normal after all the drama and settling, its all a good thing!

Lori glad your contracting is going well.
my printer died recently, in fact when I get a chance gonna buy a cheap azz printer for home again. I do miss it and gotta have a new one sooner than later.

we had bad wind for a few days. drove me bonkers, on that wind was a 'real winter' chill. made me think of my days in PA when I could barely walk outside without ski googles on so my eyeballs didn't freeze when walking Reggie LOL too funny

-----------simple days here right now

kiddo drove my car to walgreens and we got white diamond perfume for Rachel. She bitc*** and moaned about how crappy my suv was compared to her suv....come on LOL told her to get the hell out and walk HAHA don't diss on my baby

all my bills are hiking badly.....I am sure everyone in this world is feeling this BS.....house ins went up good bit, dont get me started on kiddo's car insurance, OMG!!! and my medical went up a good bit for next year and even friggin' terminex for my stupid ant spray etc went up still LOL I tell ya, I AM going to budget come the new year like crazy.

and kiddo, the 'I DONT NEED' nothing for xmas is NOW PUTTING a list of things she wants ALL of the sudden, told her forget it LOL

ugh

be good all
  #852   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-23, 06:58

BF:

OMG I'm Rolling.........

Trig- Your Kiddo- B!tching about YOUR RIDE?!?!?!?!?- Hummmmm - Yup agreed she can walk! HAHAH- I know that won't happen.
OMG the price of everything! I am sticker shocked on alot of stuff now.
Do you know my daughter wanted my son to pick her up some food yesterday? Anyway he picked her up a fast-food Chicken sandwich, fries and drink. It was over 14.00- FAST FOOD! I know it was not that good either.

The price of steak these days is off the chain. I buy on sale and make them the same day. It's the only way these days. I hunt mark downs. I also have been doing alot of ground chuck over steak. Its just cheaper to do burgers.

Funny Santa is getting a list!!!!! LOLOLOL

Nic- Girl I would love to see all the hoopla in your house about now! People should be rolling in about anytime now until next week. Time to get out the FIREBALLS! HAHAHAH- Christmas cheer for sure! LOL
Post when ya can. I can't wait to hear how the oldies are this year. So endearing. It will be interesting with your mom in the mix this year. Is she coming with her Ex there???

Lori- Did you get your subs last night? You might need to learn to make those! I think it is all about the bread! You could hit up your deli at the store and get the fixins for a sub night! Or in your case a sub bowl, no bun! That would be fun!

You got me hankering for Chili! LOLOL - I don't "do" beans in my chili. I like them- but they don't like me!

Still cold up there? I saw some of PA got snow!!!!! Ya'll can just keep that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so ready for Jan. 1st. I am seriously wanting out of here, settled, and reboot my life. I am in limbo. Do you all know this next move will be my 6th place to "live just this year! 6th

1.- Charleston - 2 spots there, the town house and the sweet condo
2. Duluth GA- Apt- Moved out
3. Greenville apt-
3. VA- condo
4. Greenville- back and moved out- mold.
5. Airbnb Condo - where I am currently
6. Cozy Condo to come-
If you count BOTH places in Charleston this is my 7th- location to come. UNBELIEVABLE

I am tired. I just want to plant myself for longer than 2 months somewhere.
Which is so funny I was "browsing" travel assignments this morning and going "hummmmmmmm- Florida looks nice!" Oh dear.......... I can't fathom what my retirement will look like.
Actually, I can. I small tag along camper and a truck and an open road and visiting every beach in the USA! My dream life.
Me and the pup.

Anyway- that was a fun thing to think about - a truck and the open road- no return address.......... It's in my blood now.

Jan.1st. - REBOOT!
Budget
WOE
Work out
And finish that book that has been sitting in my brain. It is half done.

I am so serious- this next year will find me at Maintenace! Of course, well will be here in maintenance!!!! Lori hasn't bailed!!!! LOL
I just need a bit more structure to get to my goal I think. I know the WHAT and HOW. It is the DOING, and keep DOING. Plus kicking up some walking.

My next place is 1 mile from a state park with 17 miles of trails!!!! Some are paved! No excuses!

Tomorrow, I work half day- then off to see my mom in Atl. It will be a super short trip. I am coming back Sunday (Christmas Eve) about noon. I will then hang with my DS assuming he is healthy. Christmas day we are planning a hike somewhere and then I will call it a day. LOW KEY.
No big dinner, no huge gathering this year.
We are having steak at my mom's and then I am coming back in the morning. Boom Done.

That is it ladies. I was a bit chattier this morning. I had sleep!!!! LOLOL Coffee is working, and I am good to GO!

Have a great day- 10 days left of this year- and counting! May 2024 be even better.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Dec-21-23 at 07:04.
  #853   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-23, 09:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby got me up at 2:15 to go outside and then I had trouble getting back to sleep. Finally did, and then didn't get up until nearly 8 o'clock! I was having a nice leisurely cup of coffee when things took a turn here. DH had a friend of his come to help take down a small tree. First thing I know, DH is calling for me to come to the back door. His friend got tangled up in brush and couldn't get out of the way of the falling tree. Clunked him square on top of his head. Blood everywhere. I cleaned it up a bit and slapped a piece of gauze on it and told DH to get him to Urgent Care. They are there now. Good grief. I sure hope he doesn't have a concussion or anything. He seemed ok, but I think he'll have a few stitches in the top of his head. Add to that he is 74 years old.......Merry Freakin' Christmas". DH just called....they took his friend right back to the exam room. I guess head wounds get priority! I told DH if there is any deductible payment due or anything, he should pay it for his friend........of course, he agreed. EDITED ~ 2:30PM: Urgent Care sent them to ER....just got the diagnosis.....2 stitches in head wound, but the main thing...fractured Scapula(shoulder blade). That happened when he fell after the tree whacked him in the head. It will be in a sling and then after a few weeks, he'll have to do therapy to regain range of motion. Poor DH feels so, so bad for asking him to help with the stupid tree. Anyway, they're on their way home from the hospital and we'll get him and his truck home and then I'll bring DH back home.

I was so nervous and upset that I just scarfed down a sticky bun that DH had on the kitchen table. Just what I needed. He came home with a tray of them yesterday and I resisted till just now. Sigh.....whatever.

I really need our challenge that begins the first of the year! Are we going to come here and report each day how our day went......good or bad? I need the accountability! I'm a bad girl!

My favorite day of every year is December 26. All the Xmas crap is over and all I have to do is get thru a couple months until golf season. If/when I get to the point where I can't golf, I might as well just crawl into a hole.

OMG.....I just got an email from our ladies golf association that one of our friend's husband had a stroke this week. He is unable to swallow or talk and the Dr. said that it might be permanent. They were unable to place a feeding tube, so they may have to put if directly into his stomach. This day is going to he!! in a hurry.

All this just makes me realize that I need to get off my sorry a$$ and get moving. It's not that I HAVE to move.....it's that I GET to. How lucky am I? So many don't have the luxury of being able to do whatever they want and who knows how long I'll be able to?

This has sure turned into a sad sack post...sorry!

Be well, my friends and let's put on our gratitude hats today! ((Hugs))

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Dec-21-23 at 13:34.
  #854   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-23, 16:31

BF:

HOLY CRAP LORI!!!!!!! - I feel so bad that happened to hubby's friend. Accidents truly can happen on a dime!!!!! I hope he gains function back to his shoulder! No surgery? He more then likely will be in a sling a good 6-8 weeks. With PT during and after! URGHHHH

I hate that happened but it could have been SO much worse- I mean WORSE!!!!

Girl for ME I need a Jan/ Challenge reboot. I have let it go the last week. Not sideways by any means but up 4 pounds. Just not and tight as I should and could be......... LOLOL I will leave it at that!

SO, for the Challenge. You need to come up with what YOUR goal is- and then what your challenge will be. It will be different for us.... Hence OUR WAY. I think ultimately, we all know what works for us it is doing it and being challenged to take it up a notch!

Keep us posted how thing are going!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day!
  #855   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-23, 18:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I'll try to touch base tomorrow. DH and I are headed out on a date night- a Xmas gift from DS25 and DIL25. It's a candlelight symphony. Sounds very grown up! lol