Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1546   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 06:15

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Practice plan thru September 30:

Alternate Day Fasting - Monday, Wednesday and Friday (ADF M-W-F). Same as Quarter 2 of 2020. Also on eating days trying to keep protein at around 1g/lb body weight. Also I plan on not stepping on a scale until Oct 1st nor tracking carb macro (only protein) This should be fun and relaxing!

Tracking below. First line is days of week, lines below them are hits and misses for the days that week. I'll note if it was 24 or 36hr fast.

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOXOXO

==== Notes Below ====

Eating day yesterday. Ate plenty.

Welcome Tara - that's a perfect thing to practice! I think I spend too much time worrying about what we way and not enough time practicing other stuff that can help that matter without focusing on what a scale says. So the Youtube thing is terrific exploration of a practice. You might find that you can modify it as you go (or completely abstain) as there video over the network is a double edge sword like so many things - practice using the side pointed away from oneself - or throw away the sword all together. Latter choices based on the crucible of a decent amount of practice, observation and feedback.

Enjoy and have fun!
Sponsored Links
  #1547   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 09:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 247/242/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Do Not EAT these foods:
Wheat/bread/bagels/bananas/chips/popcorn/tater tots/regular potatoes (I eat sweet potatoes sometimes)

Day TEN:

So I've had an Eight day STREAK
Then 2 days very mildly going off

So this is day one of trying to get another streak, yet it is day TEN of the 90 days. Yada yada yada.....

My break over last night was eating about 20 potato chips, pretty mild 'binge' for me. But it was an extra 300 calories/30 carbs. Of course, maybe the reason I wasn't eating chips was because we didn't HAVE any chips for quite awhile there! LOL Still not too bad for an extreme compulsive overeater like I am.

I'm back up to 235 this morning, up from 233.

I took a short walk this morning-I get out of breath but it is important to keep moving.......

NIGHT is the time of day I struggle with.
[COLOR=Blue]
Current Goals:
Fit into my purple blouse (the upper arms are too tight)
Exercise more

Restart was Jan. 11th, 2020
goals
Get below 250 : [COLOR=Blue]DONE

Reach 243 : DONE That is a twenty pound loss

Monthly Highs and Lows
Date.........High.......Date....Low
Jan 11th.....263......19th....255
Feb 7th......256.......27th....250
March 11....257.......24th....245
April 1........249.......20th....243
May 10.......248.......28th....241
June18.......251.......30th....240
July 1st......240...... 11th....233[/QUOTE]
  #1548   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 09:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_tara
Hi everyone. I have a habit I need to break. During confinement (which happened for me between mid March to end of May, and then somewhat throughout June and still now because my work continued having us work from home), I got addicted to watching youtube videos.

....... 5 hours of videos later, you've lost all sense of time and you have wasted half your life on watching lefties and righties both be too entrenched to have a civil discussion.....

So I'm going to try and break this habit, which is hard, because it is just one navigator tab away. But it really really needs to be done. And I'll post my days on plan (<20g carbs), but for some weird weird reason, I fear that less than not watching youtube. CRAZINESS!

It can be very addicting, I used to watch political shows ALL the time a few years back, but now I pretty much avoid them and the NEWS like the plague, EXCEPT that my siblings watch that kind of stuff a LOT in the living room. They often get upset about it too. It's just too stressful for me nowadays. It doesn't make me feel good, but it used to! Good luck breaking the habit...
  #1549   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 11:02

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Hi and welcome Tara! To help you with your end date:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Here is a handy calculator to figure out the end date of your 90 days. ...

We all have goals and things we want to change. No judgement here!

Thud:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
...Here's the new wing being played with on shore... ...

You have such fun toys! Enjoy seeing your adventures.
-Kat
  #1550   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 11:55

Default Time for another round

Hi all! Ok. Enough - I do better when I am doing a round here. I am not feeling like any of this will be easy for me, because of the new dynamic here with a roommate plus big dog. We are slowly putting order in the chaos but it is slow. My bedroom isn't functional, everything got tossed in there and the spare room. It's all a work in progress. Quite possibly when I feel things are not fully in my control it will be an opportunity to be control-freaky with these goals.

1. On plan with a steady loss. This will probably be number 1 for awhile. Temptations are raised because sister lives here now and doesn't do all LC. Being very mindful about my plan will be a good thing to focus on. I want a steady loss and to stop the yo yo-ing which has been going on. I am still trying to "fix it with food" - not in a good way. This mentality will probably always be with me, and being mindful and focused is the only way to keep it at bay. "Oh live a little" hasn't ever helped me, and won't now.

2. Limit alcohol to the equivalent of 2 cups per week, either as an entire drink or in increments. The goal is less, but trying to be realistic. The alcohol part worked well last round until sister arrived with enough to open her own tavern. **just figured this out - 16 oz divided by 7 days is about 2 and a quarter oz a day... I'll round it off and say 2 oz a day - if I am doing it that way.

3. Exercise 5 X a week for 15 min. Focus on walking. Get some exercise!!! Difficult to do things at home, not a lot of privacy here. I would like to mostly get the walking going again. This requires going to bed earlier if I want to get up before its hot - again, not easy to do, but I want to walk - it is good not only for my body but for my mental well-being too.

4. Better skin care daily, including extra a few times a week, like a peel, mask, or other treatment. Lastly, I mentioned in my J that my face is a mess - I want to implement better skin care. The masks are hot and I sweat - am broken out. I tend to stay up too late and by the time it's bedtime I am falling in bed without proper skin care. NOT GOOD. So this will be important to do.

90 days ends October 10, 2020

1. On plan with steady weight loss.
2. Alcohol limited to 2 cups per week. (in increments - 2 oz a day)
3. Exercise 5 X a week for 15 minutes, focus on walking.
4. Proper skin care daily, including extra a few times a week.

Will start tomorrow.
  #1551   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 23:35

Plan: <20g when motivated
Stats: 229/219/145 Female 175 cm
BF:40%/40.6%/less
Progress: 12%

Well I made it through the first day (and caught myself itching to open youtube on a couple occasions. That is SOOOOO weird.)

11 July: 3.7 g carbs. several hours yt.

Plan: <20g carbs per day, and stop watching youtube (dammit!)

Week 01:
12 July: 14.8 g carbs. No yt.

90 days ends on October 10th.
  #1552   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 06:56
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 69 of my "It's time to lose some weight" Challenge

Friday was good (as usual). Didn't log food this weekend. I kept the carbs very low, but ate as much fat and protein as I wanted to eat. The two things tend to go hand-in-hand. When I turn off the tracking its because I want to eat. I did eat too much. Not crazy high, but too much for this challenge. I had a nice workout on Saturday and a 5 mile walk yesterday. I don't know why it is, but when I'm getting in good, hard workouts - including cardio & weight lifting - then I get hungry. Eating less is harder when I exercise more. It's time to stop talking about fasting and just do it. It may be the only way for me to make progress with the scale.

Days at or under 20 carbs: 58
Days with good portion control: 59
Days avoiding my "Problem" LC foods: 60

Welcome Less_Tara. I wish you the best with your 'Breaking the YT habit' challenge!
  #1553   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 07:44

BF:

Alternate Day Fasting - Monday, Wednesday and Friday (ADF M-W-F). Same as Quarter 2 of 2020. Also on eating days trying to keep protein at around 1g/lb body weight. Also I plan on not stepping on a scale until Oct 1st nor tracking carb macro (only protein) This should be fun and relaxing!

Tracking below. First line is days of week, lines below them are hits and misses for the days that week. I'll note if it was 24 or 36hr fast.

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOXOXOO

==== Notes Below ====

good eating this weekend. Heading out today to kitefoil - probably a 24hr fast today - I'll be spent later in the evening should get some protein in me before bed. It's not then now tho so fasting until I eat next - that's what we all do anyway ha!

Fasting or Feeding - there is no other.
  #1554   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 11:53

BF:

Day ELEVEN:
That is 11 days no WHEAT
9 days no tater tots or potatoes
8 days no wheat/chips/popcorn/potatoes

My brain seems to be clearer, and sometimes the breathing is very relaxed. I note that I haven't actually had any WHEAT in ELEVEN days.

I actually feel optimistic that I CAN have a successful day today. That's a new thing. Maybe my brain is clearing up AND coming here and reading all the encouraging sayings etc. is sinking in. I also see that others struggle and have the same kind of issues as I do, and are able to have successful days too. And keep trying.

NIGHT is the time of day I struggle with. I'll make a big pitcher of mint tea today to have ready. Perhaps when I wake up, unable to return to sleep, I should just GET up and DO something, instead of heading to the kitchen.

btw I'm pretty sure my brother will bring home french fries today, he tells me it's free french fries day at Mcdonalds. If he brings me some I will have to resist!LOL

Current Goals:
Fit into my purple blouse (the upper arms are too tight)
PLUS I'll KNOW my weight loss is REAL, not just the scale being off somehow, if I can ACTUALLY fit into the blouse.
Weigh 228 (I would have thought that was IMPOSSIBLE just 6 months ago!)

Restart was Jan. 11th, 2020
goals met:
Get below 250 : DONE
Reach 243 : DONE That is a twenty pound loss
Reach 233 : I HAD it but I'm up a pound today

I get discouraged when I don't feel well or there are extra stressful things going on BUT I have FORGOTTEN HOW MUCH WORSE I felt before I started this WOE again. And FORGOT how truly AWFUL I felt when I was very very sick a few years back.

Monthly Highs and Lows
Date.........High.......Date....Low
Jan 11th.....263......19th....255
Feb 7th......256.......27th....250
March 11....257.......24th....245
April 1........249.......20th....243
May 10.......248.......28th....241
June18.......251.......30th....240
July 1st......240...... 11th....233

Last edited by dk_Swan : Mon, Jul-13-20 at 12:11.
  #1555   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 16:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

DkSwan.... I ask family not to bring problem items home. Eat in car, but no further. If I smell french fries, I have no will power. None. The smell is enticing.....

You are reaping the rewards of hard work. Your brain is recovering.

You have a right to ask that FF dont enter your home.

Night snacking. Yup, my feet walk directly to fridge!!! In my teen years, I kept a book handy. These days Im turning off cell phone early, or TV. And fan creates white noise. Able to sleep better, and not visit fridge. Having something safe to nosh is a great plan!! Honestly, I had to try several options before sleeping thru the night became a reality. Good job, and continued sucess!!

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Mon, Jul-13-20 at 16:13.
  #1556   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 16:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi all, Im chugging along, trying to find control again. One day at a time currently, cant see 90 days ahead right now. When I can , I will be back.
  #1557   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-20, 20:56

Default Day 1 - 90 days ends October 10, 2020

1. On plan with steady weight loss. Well...sister brought in dip and pretzels and I had some in my mouth and then went DOH!!! crap. today is day 1...

2. Alcohol limited to 2 cups per week. (in increments - 2 oz a day) 2 oz today

3. Exercise 5 X a week for 15 minutes, focus on walking. mowed the lawn - hour and a half (faster time today)

4. Proper skin care daily, including extra a few times a week. pretty good today.

Hi Ms A!
  #1558   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-20, 01:28

Plan: <20g when motivated
Stats: 229/219/145 Female 175 cm
BF:40%/40.6%/less
Progress: 12%

Hi everyone!

Swan, don't listen to the fries! Imagine them as long maggots or something. They certainly are demonic enough. I've been watching you adjust and lose weight, and I think you are courageous and on the right track. Keep it up!!

MsA, 90 days? Meh. Start with 3 days if that is what you need. After all, there is nothing special about 90 days. Really nothing at all.

Sprite, mowing lawns is great exercise. I choose "hard labor" over exercising for exercising's sake. "Working out" is just horrible for me. People will pay me to move crates of vegetables at odd hours, so I figure, why pay to go to a gym, when I can get paid to do repetitive weight lifting.....

For the boys... you're already so successful, I just don't know what to say (besides I'm jealous).

So I made it through Day 2, but just barely. I sat around on my computer last night bumming around and itching to watch a video. It's like there is this weird combination of boredom and then an extreme inhibition towards effort. Getting up and doing something fun or constructive requires effort. I don't have physical problems with physical effort, so I'm thinking this is a mental effort problem? Certainly not 100% physical. But lemmee tell you, this inhibition stuff is bullsh**. I don't know who invented this crap, but she should be tried for crimes against humanity. What a stupid way to watch your life go by without getting anything done. But it is very powerful. Very very powerful. I'm watching myself and thinking "that's really messed up". Go on! Just stand up!! (sits back down...)

Anyway, I didn't open a tab for youtube yesterday, so we'll call that a success for day 2.

11 July: 3.7 g carbs. several hours yt.

Plan: <20g carbs per day, and stop watching youtube (dammit!)

Week 01:
D01: 12 July: 14.8 g carbs. No yt.
D02: 13 July: 08.6 g carbs. No yt.

Number of days without youtube: 2
Number of days <20g carbs: 2

90 days ends on October 10th.
  #1559   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-20, 06:39

BF:

X = 24-36hr Fast
O = Eat

MTWTFSS
-----------
XOXOOOO
XOXOXOO
X

==== Notes Below ====

claiming 24hr fast. not the best food choices after that. Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
One day at a time currently, cant see 90 days ahead right now

I have not met anyone that can with any certainty. It was my good fortune to find this yesterday at the beach. I'm keeping it in my car and asking questions about the future. It does as well as any human being in it's prognostications

Q: Should I rig a 4.8M kite?

It all works out in the end.

We die and pass along what we have shared; keep what we didn't.
  #1560   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-20, 07:04
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 70 of my "It's time to lose some weight" Challenge

Monday was good (as usual). Today's not off to a good start, though. I woke up hot and hungry at 2am again. I got up to eat some high fat/protein food, then chilled down in front of the TV for an hour. I ate a smaller than normal breakfast after waking up for the day. I'd like to put my finger on why I'm occasionally having these bad nights. Maybe I should consult Thud's Magic 8 Ball?

Days at or under 20 carbs: 59
Days with good portion control: 60
Days avoiding my "Problem" LC foods: 61