Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-07, 19:37

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%
Default Baked eggs

Found this recipe!

Baked Eggs
Yield: 6
Preparation is easyIngredients:
For the Baked Eggs
6 x eggs
6 tbsp cooked tomato concasse or mushroom dexelles or creamed spinach
180 ml heavy cream
salt and pepper
6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
For the Baked Eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a tablespoon of tomato concasse, mushroom mixture or creamed spinach in the bottom of each ramekin. Break one egg over the top. Pour two tablespoonfuls of cream over the top of each egg. Season with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Place the ramekins in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up their sides. Bake in the oven until the whites are firm but the yolk is still runny, about 10 minutes.

from: http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipe...spx?dishid=3932
Michael Bonacini
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-07, 00:51
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I had never even heard of a couple of those things!

Quote:
Tomato Concasse

To remove peel from tomato, cut an X in the bottom of the tomato. Place in boiling water for about one minute or until you see the peel coming away from the pulp. Place in iced water to stop the cooking process. Remove the peel, squeeze gently to remove the core and the seeds. Chop into small, diced squares.

http://www.lisahemenway.com/recipes/tomato_concasse.htm

and

Quote:
Mushroom Duxelles

Rich and meaty, duxelles is a mixture of finely chopped mushrooms, shallots, and herbs, simmered in butter and reduced until thick and fragrant.

Actually I often mix mushrooms, onions, garlic, and spices, with butter and simmer until reduced (I often add a little NOTstarch to thicken it) and dump it on almost anything -- eggs, meats, etc. I didn't know it had such a fancy name. :-)

Baking eggs seems like a bit of effort-overkill unless one had guests so it was "pretty", but the idea of "baked parmesan" on top of eggs is new for me. Hmmmmmmmn.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-07, 01:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/165/135 Female 64 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 55%

This reminds me of a recipe DS#1 learned while taking Cooking in middle school. The eggs were cooked in muffin tins lined with thick slices of ham.The ham made a kind of cup to hold the eggs when they were done - it just gave me the idea of using these "ham cups" for little mini quiches too!

Thanks for the recipe!