Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:
Default Getting back on track...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation. I lost 35 pounds on Atkins, felt great, and maintained loss for almost 7 months. Then came summer vacation, and I went completely off track for 2 weeks. I have gained 10 of those pounds back and I feel awful and sick. I mean COMPLETELY off track. 5000 calorie days with probably 500 carbs, eating till it hurts because I told myself that I was never going to be able to eat these foods again, and I will just get back on track when I get home.

Now I am home, bloated, foggy, and 10 pounds heavier. Many of you have been so successful. How do you do it? Please, someone tell me that induction will work again. I will go 3 days of clean eating, then binge again. I dont' want to gain it all back! I am determined to stick to it this time, and make it a WOL. Has anyone gained a ton of weight on vacation and managed to get it off? How long did it take? Also, is it harder to get into ketosis if you had a couple weeks of SUPER high carbs?

Last edited by d3termined : Wed, May-19-04 at 08:00.
Sponsored Links