Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1411   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 07:08

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

TRIG-
Pee stained fur? He doesn't "take care of that"?
I just assume all dogs like their "parts"!!!!! ICK ICK- then we get fuzzy GROSS kisses!

Funny on bye bye crying "sim baby" on bus!
Oh BTW- I am stunned your kiddo wouldn't take you up on instate school with the idea of a condo!!!!!
You know what is sad though is the cost of school anyway= price of a home!!!
Your kiddo is blessed. But I tell ya other kids will have school loans forever. It is already an issue, we have 30 year olds paying off student loans and living with their parents! That is a whole different post!

Yea going to be gross here until Thursday.

Yum yum on the brisket!

Lori- I will get my 30 minutes in today as well! I am doing the 30 min. day challenge with you.

So are you not golfing any more this season? Is there a "season" for golfing? Yea the weather here is going to be wet this week here too!

Awesome that you basically have hit goal. I know those last 10 pounds are a huge struggle! I am truly wondering if you just "toned" up your muscles. You are not heavy- your perfect! You look great. So know that 10 pounds more lost on that tall frame of yours might not look what you are hoping for. You don't want to lost muscle to hit a frekin number on a scale! Just putting that out there that you are in a great weight situation!

So glad you are home and you and Sis had a great time!!!!

NIC- I know you are relaxing today! Update when you can. When are you going back to DE? Have the kids seen the house since you now have it?
Very awesome!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot and Muggy here with the promise of on off rain showers until Thursday.

I need to go to the UPS store and ship a few things. I also am waiting for my new orthatic sandals to arrive today. I ordered two pairs. The ones I have I have worn to the ground and they are not supportive and hurt my feet.

So with my knee issues, it is imperative that my footwear is stellar. Not to mention that good footwear is essential for posture, and balance! So..... happy my new sandals are coming. I tried these on in the store and found them on Amazon cheaper so I know they will work.

I am on a mission I tell you to get under that line. The BIG cross over line. I have 4 pounds to go. I am very nervous about the "bounce". I just want a SWOOSH so if I bounce it will be on "the other side".

Food today: Coffee/collagen/ splash of coconut milk.
Grilled chicken Caesar salad (extra chicken), no croutons, add a small cut up fresh tomato, with dairy free ranch cilantro dressing.
Hibiscus tea, 1 glass of wine.
Done and it will be good!

Tomorrow will be fish "taco"- with talapia and "Lavish" bread to make soft shell. Slaw filling, and salsa. Done.

ADD: 30 minute walk. I am also doing stretches, and upping my water to one tumbler at least daily of water/lemon.

One week until I go back to work. I had an interview that went so well with Duke but I thought about the reality of the day to day in a facility and I stopped the 2nd interview and wrote to the gal and thanked her for her time.
Still looking but have a job until I find what I want.

Back later - time for more coffee!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #1412   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 07:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz forget about 'a line' LOL
you are heading on and that magical crazy line means nothing in full force but once over it, hell yea we can celebrate it with ya. So put that crap in a whatever folder as 'a real thing' ya know. Don't even think about it and time will make the crossover and whammo you are there without any stress on it happening as long as you hold plan!

yes our shoes/sandals etc are super important.....glad you got good ones coming.

So happy u are finding work that suits you and with tons of opportunity out there for you, yea you will come out shining over it all I am sure!!

cool post

oh doggie doesn't focus on pee stained area under him, he has a lick the one paw foot fetish LOL

in fact hubby said this morn on his way to cover the 'parts job' for work he said they are having a 'very slightly used shoe' drive at work and I donated a pair of beauty burgundy ankle high boots I barely wore but damn I loved those things but my life is NOT about fashion anymore in that I gave those up but also kept my other 3 pairs of ankle 'fall fashion' boots I could not part with but darn, I tried to give some sandals I have and 'they are used' too much to send on, but at least I sent one pair of loved ankle fall boots on to someone....

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Oct-04-21 at 07:26.
  #1413   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 10:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Lori- Hooray on no weight gain and even weight loss! That is fantastic. You definitely have metabolic flexibility- that is my goal as well. Really glad you had fun with the Sis and got home safely!

I would resist an animal head on my wall or house 100%. That just would not happen, end stop. Maybe in a storage room in the basement which I would then refuse to go into, ever again.

Jaz- Love how focused you are! What do you attribute your weight loss to? The stairs to your apartment? Walking the dog? A change in your eating (what you eat/ amount of eating?)

It's good that you have a job and can hold on to that while you look around. I assume you will likely stay with your current job due to your lease, until your lease comes up?

Trig- Is your dog a shedder? How do you manage containing dog hair when you give a bath, if so? I would bathe my dogs but the shedding thing is an issue.

Sounds like you might be continuing to feel better? Fingers crossed for you!

••••••••••

So I just booked a trip to the ATL area. My friend invited me and another friend to her N GA mountain house for the end of October. I'll go ahead of them by a couple of days and visit my Mom first. That will be both my parents having been visited in 2021. I may get out to see my Dad in October as well, although honestly it seems like a lot, but he really wants some company while his wife is traveling to see her brother in Seattle. We'll see. I really don't want to but OTOH he is in his 80s, there is no reason I *can't* do it, and if something happens I will regret not doing it so I coudl just sit around on my ass at home. KWIM?

I really need to pack it up and get out to the store and Costco. A friend called, and then the travel plans had to be made etc, and somehow the day is half gone and I haven't gotten my stuff handled AT ALL. Well, not the stuff I meant to handle!

I'll check in more fully tomorrow.
  #1414   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 12:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Me again!

Jaz......We will play golf as long as the weather permits. We are scheduled to play tomorrow, but with all the rain today, my friends may back out. We'll touch base with each other this evening.

I got my 30 minute walk in around Noon. It had stopped raining and I was just a few blocks from my car and it started again. Sigh......I was a bit wet when I got home. The hot shower felt oh so good.

I got my laundry done, but didn't get to the grocery store. There's nothing we need desperately, so I'll go later this week. Mondays are never a good day to go anyway as things are always picked over and bare shelves.

I'm eating VERY low cal today and have it all planned in MyFitnessPal. Being extra strict today to pull myself back in line. Sis and I went to several good brew pubs while I was there and it makes me want to go to my favorite one here. Must resist!

Connie wants me to find a beach resort we can go to this winter. I guess Florida is our best bet for finding a nice resort, but with it being such a hot bed of Covid, I just don't know what to do.

Ok.....just taking it easy this afternoon and I'll scrape something up for DH for dinner and that'll be it.

Hope you're all having a good day!

EDITED: DH just mentioned that he only kept the antlers from his deer, so I won't be faced with the poor thing looking at me all the time! He can put the antlers in his office!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Oct-04-21 at 15:18.
  #1415   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-21, 18:27

BF:

quickie- 30 minute walk- DONE!
  #1416   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 04:29

BF:

Nicco that sounds like a fab with with the friends to that GA mountain home...cool

yea days go so fast sometimes.....you think it is like 10 and you look and it is 2pm and where did that day go LOL

No he isn't a shedder 'much' in that Papillions don't have an undercoat. Plus being so small he is containable truly. He fits in the big mud room sink with plenty of room to spare LOL and I put in the sink drain thing to catch hair but there never seems to be all that much so lucky on that one.

Lori....you thinking of a few days of your lower kcal days to compensate a bit and get you back into your groove?

I would be on the fence like you going to a resort. It is just 'those crowds' of people from 'all over and who knows where from' that worry me ya know but even in a resort you can avoid maybe but darn you are putting yourself 'right in it' but also we have to find our comfort level of where we go and what we enjoy 'out there' so just take your time and think about it ya know.

for me with the RV it just takes all those hotel matters off my hands truly so I get lucky in that respect when traveling.

resort is fab but maybe rent a small condo with a pool area instead for you and Sis and maybe you can 'contain down more exposure' in some way? I don't know.....those decisions are so personal on what one wants to handle but wishing you guys luck in deciding how you want your vacay time to go down.

Very cool keeping only the antlers. When hubby put up his full on deer head mount our dog when he was little walked into the mud/hunt room, looked up, saw that deer mount and went ape crazy on it....startled him, the barking and more....omg too funny. Yea you and me another deer head like a hole in the wall HAHA mounts are not cheap any more either....I could take a nice vacation on the cost of a good mount

What's doing Jazz....you got your walk in, cool, now what are ya doing today?

--------------nothing here doing. Got like a week of rain or misty rainy icky. Head area still feeling weird but everything is ramping down more so that is good, still very tingly numby feeling tho...oh well..

gotta call and see when Mom wants to visit.

just chillin' thru the day mostly
  #1417   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 06:18

BF:

Good Morning!

Golf canceled for today due to soggy course conditions, so here I sit. I'm enjoying a quiet morning while DH is at his part-time job. When he comes home around lunch time, I'll bug out of here and do my walk and then run some errands. I think he's going to go do some work at Betty's(outside) this afternoon, so peace will return around 1. He has to clean a downspout or some such thing. He did our spouting yesterday, and now has to get hers cleared out. He has a guy coming to help him, so I don't have to go hold the ladder.

I'm just going to do something simple with chicken breasts for dinner, so that will be easy. I have tenderloin steaks thawing for Thursday.

Tomorrow DH is going to our daughter's to pick up DGS18 and take him to the airport for his flight to Florida to return to the baseball academy he is attending. He came home for a week due to a groin pull that our daughter wanted checked out by her own physician. All is well and he's heading back. I'll probably be golfing, so I won't be going along. If the weather doesn't allow golf, I'll ask DH if he wants me to go with him. He may just want some one on one time with the Grandson. Makes no difference to me. I always worry when he's going someplace "different" without me as he's not real great at using GoogleMaps or whatever for directions. He knows how to get home from the airport, but getting there from DD's will be different. Of course, the Grandson will be able to fire up Google Maps and get him there. I guess I don't give DH enough credit, but I'm just so used to taking care of all the details, you know?

It is so dreary and looks like it's misting rain. Ugh. I don't think we'll see the sun until next week. Depressing.

I think I'll have another cup of coffee....nothing else to do. Be well everyone!
  #1418   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 06:44

BF:

Good Tuesday!

I am in full agreement as to the swiftness of time. It seems to be going so fast you can hear the swoosh!
Same here I think it's like 10 and boom its 2-3 in the afternoon.
Days blur into weeks and months fly by-.........goodness wish we could slow it down a bit!

Lori- I agree with Trig on a "resort"- being a Covid issue. These break through cases are real and no joke. What are you and Connie looking for? I PERSONALLY would suggest St. Simon. That is why I LOVE it. It isn't crowded. In Feb. It is lovely and everything is in bloom. It can be in the 70's in Feb.

However if you are looking Dec/Jan- yea you might need further south. I would be like trig and pick an Airbnb and a cool pool and not crowded, with outdoor restaurants.

I also heard this year is going to be a real FLU fest! Last year everyone stayed home and did masking and separated, so there was very little Flu. They CDC- Are predicting a very bad FLU year added to Covid. Just putting that out there. I plan to get a flu shot this week actually. I would encourage them for all of us.

Anyway- You don't need to make that decision today!

Yay- on no deer head staring at you! HAHAHAHAHAH- OMG no!

TRIG- Yup you got it SWEET with that RV! It does take that entire having to hit a hotel and getting exposed to other peoples stuff right out of the equation. Plus anytime you want a quick trip away you roll, that is nice too!!!!!!! Is it heated?

Glad to hear you are healing up and it sounds like what little is left is manageable!
Yup-we got a crappy weather week in store!

NIC- Very cool on the GA mountain house. It will be a very pretty time of year to hit up the mountains!!! Is it on the NW side of the state? Helen is having their annual Oct. Fest Days!

Yea... I hear you on "getting the visits out of the way" with the parents. I also feel ya on should you go an extra visit when you really don't want to. I got ya. When you visit do you stay with them? My gut is in knots when I stay with my mom- always drama.
But then you have a beautiful get away after the visit to relax and have fun!

I take it you are flying - both ways. I would go with a major airline as I hear the smaller ones are cancelling flights.

Are you feeling rested after your busy last few weeks?!?!? You have been in a whirlwind!
----------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I spent alot of time going from office store to office store to look at standing desks. I have an idea now of what I want.
Now I will just go on line and order one.

I am also returning BOTH pair of sandals that came yesterday! They didn't fit!

So I will keep looking. The issue is Boots are now in season and those of us still here on the beach don't want to pay huge for sandals. So I might just wait until I hit up St. Simons later this week. There is a shop there that has upscale island wear, including shoes. I got my last pair there. I am hoping they still have some. I would be in fine shape had my shoes not been EATEN by a new puppy.....

Today is fish and grouper day! Seafood fest here in my hacienda! HAHAHAHAH- I will also have jumbo shrimp as an appetizer. That will be that.

Today is laundry day and putter. Got my first load spinning and my dishwasher going.

I will be browsing the internet today as well.........so just sorta a home day.

Back later.
  #1419   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 10:34

BF:

30 minute walk.......CHECK!
  #1420   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 16:54

BF:

Just back from 30 minute walk- CHECK- YAY- Thanks Lori!
  #1421   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 03:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Can you say LONG day ahead? Gabby got us up at 4AM and both DH & I just stayed up. I was prancing to the bathroom half the night for some reason. I was afraid I was getting a UTI or something, but have no symptoms of that except last evening and till about 11 o'clock, I had to go every half hour. I did drink quite a bit late yesterday afternoon and when I'm in "fat burning" mode, I do go more often. Scale is down this morning another pound, so hopefully it was just me metabolizing fat. I seem to be over it this morning. I hope so as having to go every 1/2 hour on the golf course is not ideal! I take Azo cranberry tablets a couple times a week, so took an extra dose of that last night.

Yesterday DH & I made 5 quarts of applesauce. He came home with the apples and had no rest until we got busy with it. It really doesn't take too long and he helped cut up the apples etc. I just freeze it, so it's quite easy and he loves it. I don't add any sugar....just cook the apples down and put them thru a colander.

My cleaning lady comes today, DH is going to our daughter's, I'm playing golf and then have to get my 30 minute walk in and I should go to the grocery store. Sheesh! Too much going on for one day! I should sleep well tonight!

Have good days!
  #1422   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 05:52

BF:

Lori, girl, your morning sounds busy already and up so early. I got up at 5am. I am on 'school time' now LOL

Your apples sound good. My hubby does that. Cooks down apples with a bit of butter in the oven and packs away in freezer for a side dish to his pork meals. Then he adds a shake of cinnamon sugar on them, he loves them too!

When you emailed that beauty pic of Gabby this morning and you said 'my morning' before I opened it I thought....omg we are gonna see that big old dead deer pic and that big rack from your hubby cause I am sure he is over the moon on that...HAHA....plus my hubby takes SO many pics of himself over his hunts that I go insane hunt pics he sends to me...omg...but I liked seeing your kitty instead

I hate hate hate that UTI feeling and I know just what you mean. I never get it anymore for years being carnivore but I ate a few spoonfuls of chili when I made it for family last week and I got that 'feeling' and the smallest type burny with it and had to go a few times in a short time frame and thought....OH HELL NO....no way HAHA and I drank a boatload of water and got over it very fast then.....but I feel ya on it....what a darn nasty feeling to have! Hope you come around fast!!

Nicco what's doin'!

Jazz, glad you got your doggie walk in....we do have lousey weather over the next days. Dark and gloomy here for sure.

-----------today is big Tbone steak and smaller NY Strip steak planned. Food not calling my name.

All going well and KID talked to me like crazy this morning.....WTH? usually I say something and she says....shhhh mom, stop, too early but today she was ALL ABOUT her outfit and did she 'smell great' and did this look good and and and ---hmmm.....me thinks she is impressing someone? I didn't have the nerve to ask cause in the end she was TALKING to me...WOW....LOL I will just wait and see what is going down on this change for this morning from her HAHA Cool tho....my little pain in the azz is growing up and treating me better....I love it LOL

OK over and out and be good all
  #1423   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 07:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ah Trig, you brought a big ole smile to my face this morning with your comments about your DD. I so remember those rare days when DS19 would be chatty or would possibly even tell me something, even a little bit of something. I was almost afraid to move or blink, like spooking a damn rabbit or something! One wrong move and they're gone! I agree with you that it deffo sounds like something could be going on-- good for her! Please note that I originally said something could be going down and edited!

Good job Lori and Jaz on getting your walks in! I am going by steps for myself this month. Goal is minimum of 6k steps daily (going for consistency) and I am on track so far, with a range from 6k to 13k. I just averaged the five days out bc I was curious, and my daily average is 8300.

Lori it deffo sounds like you were in fat burning mode last night. When I go into ketosis (not so often now, I am more low carb and not even super low) I am up during the night like that- peeing a lot and poor sleep.

••••••••

Packed up and ready to head to DE in a bit. Not as much packing obviously but taking up more kitchen stuff- filling out spices, some cold stuff that I want to get into the fridge/freezer there, an Instant Pot, etc. Odds and ends. Plus the dogs take up the whole middle of the Pilot with their car seats!

Stopping at DS19's but he won't be there- he requested two pair of khaki pants. It's a mild PITA to take them as it is 30 minutes out of my way, but no biggie.

DS23 is hoping to talk to his bosses to negotiate a pay raise- he has been getting head hunter calls in NYC and got another job offer. He is nervous and I totally get that. Adulting is challenging!

Weight is good, coming back off of Renn Fest etc. I'm within 8 ounces of my low of the past couple of years, and 6 pounds to my first goal.

See ya in DE!
  #1424   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 08:53

BF:

Ohhhhhhh Trig- I was giggling too! NIC called it right on the head. Like a deer or rabbit. You FREEZE when they start talking and don't blink or they scurry away.
HAHAHAHAHA- Yeah...... wanting to know if she "SMELLS" good? What is up with that?!?!?!? HAHAHAH- Lay low and recon.......

Yup- gross weather here- dark/ and muggy.

Lori- I would think with golf you get your 30 minutes in and then some and then some more! I agree peeing like crazy does happen when you are fat burning! I pee more too.
Good on water to flush it!
Have fun with your pals and game today!

NIC- Yay on going to your new home away from home. I am just tickled pink for you! How long are you staying this trip? Are you taking the pups? Is hubby going? I just love you have a SPACE!

Wowsa on being close to your low!!!!! Impressive! Keep it going. You really set your sights on something and just quietly just get it done!
Speaking of getting it done, did you get all your travel stuff completed?
--------------------------------------------------
I have bounced up 2 - hope to drop 3!!!!!!! GRHHHHHHHHH
Just staying the course.
I am sorta adjusting my meat to lighter types: chicken, fish, more fish. I am finding I am eating MORE so maybe I should add more healthy fat. So hard. I was tooling along and boom stopped losing.
down 18- well 16 with the bounce.

I will knock off those 2 and then some! Working it!!!!! Just need to watch the portions.

So......... news........maybe/maybe not. I sorta have been "talking" to someone for the last 3 days. We have corresponded though out the last 3 days with multiple posts to each other.
I have gone back online to a dating site. Putting my toes back in the water and see what happens. My expectations are low so it can only go up right?

Just in todays environment it is hard to meet people. Add that to my location and there isn't much here unless I drive 40 minutes downtown. Soooooooo............. I am sorta expecting an invatation for coffee or something maybe this weekend. He is my age and a widower. That is all I will say on this forum.

Well tonight is going to be grilled chicken Parm. Just a TINY sprinkle of mozzarella. That will be that.

Pup threw up again this morning on our walk twice. I don't know if it is his food or the hard boiled egg yolk I get his yesterday!

Lacing up my shoes to get in my 30 minutes, before it rains again. Gross here. So dark and muggy.

Later gators
  #1425   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 12:30

BF:

OMG.....I'm exhausted! I got home from golf and strapped on my walking shoes and headed out for my 30 minutes. I did quite a bit of walking on the golf course this morning, but I don't count that as my challenge is 30 minutes non-stop each day over and above my normal activity. A dedicated 30 minute walk, if you will. Anyway, it's done and I'm heading for the shower.

DH just called and he's with the grandsons. He'll take the oldest(18) to the airport and then he'll be home around 6 or 6:30. I'll be going up to see Betty between 5 & 5:30 to get her something for dinner. I need a couple hours to recuperate before then. My early morning is catching up with me!

Trig....so funny about DD. Keep us "aunties" posted on what's happening.

Jaz.....Good luck with the new friend. I hope he turns out to be a nice guy and treats you well.

Nic....Hope you had a good trip to DE. How long will you be staying?

Ok....I have to hit the shower. I could also use a nap.