Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 07:43

Plan: new high protein diet
Stats: 176/168/150
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question Any one doing the New high protien diet by Prof. Charles Clarke?

Hi!!!

Just curious to know if anyone is doing the New High protien Diet by Prof Charles Clarke???

If you are I would love to know how you are going?

I am currently on the plan and have been on it since 1/Aug./2002

Cheers

SlimUk
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 10:02

Plan: The New High Protein Diet
Stats: 178/174/140
BF:
Progress: 11%

Yes, I've been doing it but due to a number of reasons I haven't stuck to it too well. However, I hope I've managed to get my head round it and have started properly again today.

I have a friend (who introduced me to the book) and she has lost a terrific amount of weight.

I don't know if I'm eating too many nuts or too many avocados? (or drinking too much gin!!). I'm also finding it hard without my coffee (I really don't like decaf!).

Please get in touch hils2001~hotmail.com if you want to exchange ideas etc.

Hils
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 02:40

BF:
Talking There is another of us!!!

Dear Hils,

Thanks for getting in touch - have you thought about starting a journal to track your progress in more detail - I have started one and it is quite useful. I have been doing this WOE for about 4-5 days and my fiancee already says he has noticed a visible difference in the way I look - healthy glow of someone who is losing weight. The scales say I have lost a couple of pounds but I think it is too early to get too hung up on the scales - if i feel good and can feel a difference in the way clothes fit / way i look that is enough for me. I find that if i get too hung up on the scales i get discouraged and then can start to weaken my resolve to lose weight and can find myself reverting back to old habits which caused me to gain an extra 2 stone over the last three years. Anyway thanks for replying to my post - it is so great to know that there is someone else out there doing the same plan.

Cheers and best wishes

SlimUK
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 04:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/183/140
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have just started Prof Clarkes diet and have lost 4lb since Saturday. Recently I was on Atkins but seem to be plateauing all the time. (I'msticking to approx 20 carbs per day)

A collegue of mine and her husband have been on this diet also for three weeks and she has lost 14lb she is only a size 12 now so she has found it very impressive. ( She did'nt eat the higher carb intake, bread etc. but stuck to approx 20 carbs per day) Atkin style.

Remember variety is the spice of life and will keep you interested longer, so keep changing the menus.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 04:31

Plan: Atkins/New High Protein Diet
Stats: 213/189/133
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default I have just started the New High Protein Diet too!

Glad to hear that others have heard of this diet, I was beginning to think I was the only one!

I have also purchased the Atkins New Diet Cookbook and am trying to refer to both. I am on day three and still trying to find my feet!

I would love to have a buddy for this diet, although I am not quite sure yet what 'buddy' means.

I have a LONG way to go.....but taking it one day at a time. Low carbing is completely new to me!

Good Luck to all of you!

Mrs Moo
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 05:36

BF:
Smile hello fellow dieter!!!!

It is great to hear about another dieter.

I have been on this plan for just over a week and have lost about five pounds but that is not the best part. I feel fabulous and my skin has cleared and I am still able to enjoy the odd vice ie a Gin and Tonic at the pub!!!

How are you getting on?

#7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 19:27

BF:
Default Congratulations! I am glad you feel great!

Well done you!

I don't think I have lost anything so far. Been a bit silly and been weighing myself every couple of hours! Tsk tsk!

I decided to start a journal to pacify myself. It worked a treat. I know what you mean about skin looking great...I seem to have that all of a sudden...here's hoping the weight loss follows!

Mrs_Moo
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 09:46

Plan: "New High Protein Diet"
Stats: 133/133/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi,

New member here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and have been enjoying all of your posts.
About myself...

I've put on just over 2 stone during the last couple of years after quitting the nicotine (3 packs a day!) I tried the low-fat, low-calorie, etc to no avail.
A couple of weeks ago I started the New High Protein diet and shed quite a few pounds. I was feeling great, I had more energy, felt calmer and my skin and hair had improved as well.
However, last weekend I had a terrible case of food poisoning and since then I had been loathed to put any protein in my mouth and suffered colossal carb cravings. I went to see my traditional chinese medicine doctor who put me on some detoxing herbs and she suggested to lay off the high protein as well.
Wouldn't you know that I absolutely ballooned in a matter of days, that dark circles that weren't even present during the food poisoning, had appeared and I could barely drag myself out of bed.
Well, I had another consultation with her today and she has told me to go ahead and cut down on the carbs, give up the bread, basically resume the way I had been eating since it had been working for myself. The traditional chinese medicine approach is all about balance and perhaps what falls under the definition of balance is different for everyone. For me, this is low carb and I can't wait to start tomorrow and this time I am staying on track, bugs or no bugs!
Thanks for being here, Bluegreen
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 15:19

BF:
Default I Just Want to Brag!

Pssst.......I have lost 5lbs! (Actually I think it is probably at least 8lbs 'cause I guessed my starting weight and only weighed myself 4 days into the diet!!!!!!)

HOORAY!!!!!!! I Just had to tell someone!

I feel great and my skin and hair has improved. I also don't feel tired or sluggish. I am getting sick of eggs though. I really want to continue drinking diet coke/pepsi but am a bit scared re the sweetener thing......!

I can't seem to find whey protein anywhere neither so I do feel a bit perturbed that I can't enjoy 'bread' with my butter!

Still smiling and returning to gym this week to 'boost' my weight loss.

Mrs Moo
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 15:11

Stats: 165/157/137
BF:
Progress: 29%

I started this New High protein diet 2 weeks ago after limited success on Atkins. To restrictive for me and I kept tripping up.I find this so much easier to fit round my life and so far have done ok (I think... too afraid to stand on scales yet!! I do feel better and clothes fit a little bit easier so that is enough insentive for me just now.)

Pleased to see others are doing this and will watch this space for your news.

Basically Im doing atkins but having one slice of bread a day and wine (lots of ) at weekends. I don't restrict my veg either.

Hope Im doing this right any tips aould be welcome.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 16:08

Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Everyone,

Been eavesdropping Where is there any info on this diet? I've searched, but have found nothing. Any site to find out what's involved? How is it different from Atkins? Thanks, K.C.
Attached Images
File Type: gif kilroy.gif (1.9 KB, 39 views)
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 07:16

Stats: 165/157/137
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default ew High Protein Diet

Got my info from book. If Im reading it right the only difference is a higher allowance of carbs daily, 40grms certainly no more than 60grms a day.Alcohol is allowed as it is v.low carb but definately no beer. You are to have one slice of brown bread daily or the same amount of carbs (17grms) in something similair.
Hope this is of use.
Best to read book though.
Sorry for bad spelling as am rushing out to pick up kids.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 08:26
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 238/228/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default charles clarke high protien diet

This my first posting so I hope I get it right. I am also trying the high protien diet I've also tried atkins in the past though I found it too restrictive.
I'm aiming for 30g carb a day thought i hav'nt given up low cab desserts as he suggested. I'v lost about 4 lb in 8 days so far though I think my weight loss has stalled ?? because of trying low carb products eg low carb pizza base or the desserts ? is this possible or is 30g just too much carb for me. I guess I'll persever and find out.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 09:00

Plan: charles clark
Stats: 182/182/161
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Charles Clark-New High Protein Diet

Hi All,
My wife and I have been on this diet for about 2 weeks,
and we have a few questions for anyone out there.

1. CHEESE: We have been eating alot of cheese
(our favourite one is Jarlsberg,Norway)and it tends
to have a constipating effect on us.Does anyone know
why the book says it is alright to eat cheese but
not to have milk.....this doesn't add up as cheese
is made from milk..?Perhaps it's something to do with
the cheese making process that reduces the carbs ?

2. Has anyone suffered any ill feeling effects e.g.
FLU symptoms,aching muscles,shivers etc since they've
been on the diet ? and is this because of Ketosis ?

My wife suffers from M.E.so she is very keen to build
up and strengthen her Immune System.Has anyone
got any tips which may help ?

Any info would be much appreciated

Thankyou,
Steve.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 13:30

Plan: Dr Charles Clarke
Stats: 178/161/126
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Prof Charles Clarke

Hi,

I've been following Charles Clarke diet for 8 weeks and have lost1 7lbs I think he is a bit optomistic in saying you can
eat up to 30 carbs I certainly can't eat over 25.
I lost 7lbs in the first two weks but know loose 1 or 2 lbs a week that is including the occasional days breaking the rules.
I have lost my craving for things sweet and don't feel hungry anymore.
I combine a bit of atkins and Charles Clarke and it seems to work.

like to hear how you are getting on.

Dahlia