Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 08:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

BIlly, Im gonna be a PITA here, and ask you to relook at packing your own food from home. I dont wish to pry, just to rethink your options.

My kids pack a lunch. I know one vet student that was riding with a vet who baked 5 potatoes and 5 chicken breasts and ate one of each each day. A matter of convenience. Would you be abe to pack up 2-3 days worth of salads, in the fridge ready to grab and go?? Have cheese and meats also packed up and ready to grab and go??

While these might not be your first choice, perhaps these will trigger ideas. Other food choices. ready to go packaging.

A lunch box can be items that dont need refridge, or put in a cold pack.

I am assuming you have access to a refridge to store your food supplies. But I know this is not always possible.

Read about one man that uses a cooler with ice as his refridg. Keeps replacing the ice.

Maybe better to get to a grocery store and buy the individual servings of prepackaged foods. Usually deli meats and cheeses are presliced in a display near the deli. In the produce area, sliced fruits are in cups. Many vegies are precut. OFten small salads to go available.

Not all groceries have such options but if you are in one area, find the grocery that works.

Even a pound of cheese, and 1/2 pound from the deli of meats is a quick meal.

Hope some of these ideas help you find alternatives.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Tue, Aug-14-18 at 09:13.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 10:52

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetow Kim
The sub shops mentioned earlier are a good way to go. Hardees is offering a low carb, especially breakfast item in some locations. Taco Bell has a power menu bowl instead of a burrito, they have a breakfast one too. You can customize it to leave off the beans, rice, potatoes, etc and add extra meat...but it will cost you, they hit with a charge every time you say, change cheddar to three cheese blend for instance.

I'm finding the fast casual pseudo-Mexican places' salads offerings are pretty good. Just like Taco Bell you can opt for the salad instead of a wrap or taco shell then you just DONT have them put beans, rice, etc on and you can add extra meat for a reasonable price. One we found recently is Qdoba, the ingredients were varied and very good and they dont nickle and dime you on every ingredient...like guac is free for one measured portion for instance, more is extra but what they gave me was fine for free.

https://www.qdoba.com/

This guy is doing a whole series of fast food low carbing:

https://mrskinnypants.com/

He also has recipes. But he helps cut through the menus at fast food places and breaks down your limited options and brings to attention items that may seem like they would be low carb but in fact are high carb. Subway is a funny one like that, they have a spinach wrap that looks like it would be a healthy option, but if you look on their menu, you'd be better off having a sub roll for the carb count!

I cant for the life of me figure out why the Mexicanish/burrito places arent offering low carb tortillas...even our local walmart has offerings of reasonably priced low carb tortillas, and now they are carrying Josephs low carb pitas for like $2.25 for a pack of 6...and they are good!

I've seriously considered carrying my own tortilla or pitas in a restaurant and eating my low carb order with them...maybe they'll get smart and get the hint! Problem is you have to anticipate that and have them with you, but if you know you are traveling, if you are like me I always have a cooler with me. Tortillas and pitas keep for a while unrefrigerated and keep fine after opening in a cooler or fridge (like in a hotel room fridge!).

Now, when will someone make LC hamburger buns and sub rolls that arent highway robbery price-wise?!

Ha! Mr. Skinny Pants has some good ideas. I like his post about all the different hacks to try at Starbucks. Not that I normally go there, but I've been frustrated in the past, so maybe I'll try one of these.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 11:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

#19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 14:24

Plan: Atkins/KETO/IF
Stats: 370/163/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 96%

Oh, Thud! Thank you! I have never been tempted by pumpkin seeds until now!

Sorry, lost track of the topic…
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-18, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

Chili's has a couple of good items. Grilled chicken salad is ok. The steak with salad and avocado are pretty good. They also serve sides, we like the bacon and the chili. Chili is without beans.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 08:37

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Posted on Jimmy Dean's Twitter feed:

Quote:
The definition of “sandwich” has always included “two slices of bread.” The new Jimmy Dean Egg'wich has frittatas instead. So, is a sandwich without bread still a sandwich? #EggWichDebate

Buy this in the freezer case, this version 6 net carbs:
https://www.eatthis.com/jimmy-dean-delights-eggwich/

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Jan-05-19 at 08:44.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 11:01

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

Yay, Jimmy Dean is getting on the low-carb train!
I'll keep a look out for this at the store and try a box. It's always good to have some sort of frozen back up for emergencies...
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 11:38

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Bevangel has a great idea with the Quiche. I was going to recommend that the other day.
Here is my recipe and it's so easy.
Basically scrambled eggs, cream and cheese. Add your meat.

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
chopped onion to taste (optional) - (remember the carbs!)
cooked drained broccoli, spinach, mushrooms or other cooked veggie (optional)

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or pour in a large muffin pan (makes 12 muffins). Either way use cooking spray first or butter the pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just nuke in microwave for 90 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

I use glass lasagna pan and cook at 350 for 35 minutes.. let cool before cutting.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=466969
I need to try to make Quiche!

#24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 11:43

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

food label.

not that much sugar - 4g, 4g, and 3g:

Broccoli and Cheese Eggwich

Bacon, Spinach, Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Eggwich

Ham, Bell Peppers, Mushroom, Bacon and Onion Eggwich

#25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 13:32

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Oh no, say it's not true...sugar??? Maybe from the caramelized onion and other veggies?
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-19, 04:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Forgot to add the fast food news that led me Jimmy Dean.

It’s been everywhere in news. Chipotle is trying to win over paleo, Whole30, and keto dieters with new menu items

https://www.businessinsider.com/chi...-options-2019-1

You could have always customized the same bowls but now it is a one button order...easier for customers and staff.

People were then adding similar news. The home meal delivery companies have Keto too.

I don't know if you will be able to see this FB page link, but this person has Keto at a few dozen fast food restaurants, with comments by others what to order. https://www.facebook.com/vbrearley/...90770204&type=3

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jan-06-19 at 06:26.