Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/222/220 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default DreamFields Pasta is Washington state?

I know we can order on line, but I was wondering if there are any stores in Washington state that carry Dreamfields. We are planning a trip down from Vancouver in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 11:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueowl
I know we can order on line, but I was wondering if there are any stores in Washington state that carry Dreamfields. We are planning a trip down from Vancouver in a couple of weeks.

I always check out the nearest Cost Cutter stores when I'm in WA. Consider Walmart, Costco and Walgreen's as well. I don't know for sure, because so many places don't carry the stuff any more.

Have you checked out any posts in the Products forum from Americans in WA state?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-01-06, 11:57

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've seen it several times at Fred Meyer - there's one just north of BellisFair. I haven't really looked for it because I stocked up when it was in the clearance bins at some of the stores up here. Have you checked out Real Canadian Superstore, Save On Foods and IGA up here? I've seen it at all 3 but, as I said, I haven't looked recently.

hth,
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-01-06, 11:58

BF:

Oh, yeah - there's a clearance place south of BellisFair off Sunset - I think it's called Dealz - that has a lot of LC stuff.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 21:08
Registered Member

BF:

Just went down this weekend, and Fred Myers had lots of it. Not clearance price, expirey's in 2007. $2.60 us a package. I stocked up. Also on the Dreamfields website they have $1 off coupon (http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/), not much but hey why not. As for Cost cutters they are done. They use to have the diet isle, but that is gone now. I bought some suger free syrup there for $4.99, same bottle at Fred Myers was $2.99. So forget about them from now on. Also looked through the mall, everyone is out of the low carb business. Oh well, it just takes me back to the old days when none of the products were around.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 21:44
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueowl
Also looked through the mall, everyone is out of the low carb business. Oh well, it just takes me back to the old days when none of the products were around.
I started low-carbing just as Atkins hit the height of popularity (March 2004), so I got a bit spoiled. Making the adjustment to a post-Atkins world where low-carb is hated has been a bit of a shock at times.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 21:45
Registered Member

BF:

Re: Dreamfield's: Do you have Safeway grocery stores? My local Safeway carries Dreamfield's in the pasta section.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 21:12
Registered Member

BF:

Safeway in Canada stop selling it, and the Bellingham (the closes Washinton city) store went out of buisness. There is another one not far from bellingham, not sure where exactly. But now that I found the Pasta at Fed Myers that is good enough for me. I can handle the loss of all other low carb, but I don't want to see Dreamfields go. So hopefully the company is doing well.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 21:26
Registered Member

BF:

I agree with you there! I do NOT want to lose Dreamfields. It's one of the few good low-carb products still on the market!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-06, 18:59

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

The Safeway in Lynden closed? Do you mean this one? From Safeway's website, it still seems to be open:

SAFEWAY
8071 Guide Meridian Rd
Lynden, WA 98264

Store Phone:
360-318-0688
Pharmacy Phone:
360-318-0698

Store Hours:
5:00am - 1:00am
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 17:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins...modified
Stats: 227/200/160 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I have just discovered a wonderful store in Langley called the Diabetic Station and it is a low carbers dream...lots and lots of products. They have a large selection of Dreamfields pasta including the new rotini and lasagna noodles. I don't have their exact address, but they are on 200 Ave. just a short distance south of highway 1. Believe me it is worth the drive!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 18:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

according to canada411.com

Diabetic Station
604-888-6003
2-8590 200 Street,
Langley, BC V2Y 2B9

#13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-06, 22:18
Registered Member

BF:

No, there use to be a Safeway across from Bellisfair mall, that's the one that shut it's doors. Not sure where Lynden is? Is it along the I5.

And thanks for the posting on the Langley store Ellen42, will be sure to check it out
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-21-06, 14:45

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

blueowl, If you take the Aldergrove border crossing into Wa state, that road (our Hwy 13) becomes State Road (SR) 539, Guide Meridien, in Wa. If you follow that road south, you hit the Safeway, Walmart, Costco, etc (all right on that road - I have addresses if you want them) before joining up with I-5 right at Bellis Fair. Fred Meyer and Costcutters are also easy to find off Meridien.

When I was going shopping in the US regularly, I always crossed over at Aldergrove, hit my favorite spots all in a row down to the C&C, then came back up via I-5 to cross at one of the other border crossings on my way home. A long day, but fun at the same time.

[edit] There is another Diabetic Pantry on Hastings - here is a link to their website: http://www.diabeticpantry.ca/ I have been meaning to stop in there to check it out.

Last edited by jeanyyy : Fri, Jul-21-06 at 15:26.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-11-06, 14:54

BF:

The Walmart is on the left, Jeannie We've gone there often enough...

Update: Jean just went down to Bellingham last weekend and she said that Fred Meyer still has Dreamfields and lc tortilla wraps