Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 14:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Voodles?

I was just copying out a recipe I wanted to keep, and discarding the bits I didn't need/want. It was a clam & bacon sauce over spaghetti squash, and I'm not very fond of spaghetti squash. So I made a note that other veggie noodles could be used (of course), and tried to think of an appropriate word for them. There is "Zoodles" of course, but I am less fond of zucchini noodles than of spaghetti squash (though I rather like the term "Courgetti", which I've found on English sites). Also, zoodles don't really convey the idea of "any darn vegetable that fits through the spiralizer"
So, help me out here. Any ideas for a new word? Voodles? Vegles? Vegetti?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 14:46

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Well Vegetti is the brand name for the hand held spirilizer I have.
How about squash spaghetti?

I must say I have tried to like that spaghetti squash through he years and it just doesn't taste like something I want more than once or twice
per decade.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 15:13

BF:

I know, right? It's very bland, like "real spaghetti", but without the comforting "slurpiness" that a good noodle, in a nice sauce, has.
OK, thanks, that must be how the term vegetti got into my brain. Too bad, but we don't want to step on any copyright toes.
I can think of all sorts of individual names for individual vegetables (one of my favorites is beets; golden "beetles" anyone?), or maybe "carrodles", but I'd really like something general, to cover the lot. I think it is a necessary term for any LC dictionary. :-)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 10:32

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Haha- I think carrots become "coodles"? I love those with Asian peanut sauce or pesto or any cheesy sauce.

I love all Spiralized veggies and spaghetti squash, tbh.

For a clam sauce, i'd try maybe like a parsnip or turnip noodle? Poodles or toodles ?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 11:13

BF:

Poodles!

I was looking for ideas for a LC Yorkshire pudding for my Christmas roast beef (didn't find one )but found several references to "Yorkies". I'm not sure I want either Yorkies or Poodles in the pan. The cat would probably object anyway

For the clam sauce I was thinking of kohlrabi (Koodles?) or celeriac (this one is difficult, which is why a generic name is needed IMO), but parsnip or turnip also sound good. Once all the Christmas leftovers are gone I will start thinking about cooking again