Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 05:27

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good job Myra, I really didnt have a bit of trouble this time quiting. Years ago I chewed the gum and was told I was still mean! This time I just weaned myself down and stopped. My turning point was this summer when we had the interior of our house painted. My husband and I both smoked like chimineys. My walls and ceiling was white throughout the house or so I thought until the first roller of white paint went on the ceiling. I couldnt believe the nicotine...I had such a fit, even before I quit smoking that most of our smoking family opt to smoke outside, and u know what a pain that is!! Hubby is trying to do that too, because I am finding I cant stand the smell! Good luck to you! Great job on your weight loss. How long have you been on the atkins?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 16:41

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Polo You know I had all of the excuses too. But I figured if I quit smoking and started dieting at the same time, I wouldnt have to contend with the inevitable weight gain. You just have to really want to quit, I find it is definitely a mind set for me. I am around people who smoke all of the time and it doesnt make me want to at all, which really surprises me! So far it is working for me, I really feel better from not smoking and now I am starting to feel the inches slide off, so for me it was a good combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poloman9a
I still cant bring myself to quit, especially now that im going full-bore on the lc. I feel like I need one to curb my appetite or I need one to relax me, or I need one because its 430 on a tuesday....Im frustrated but Im figuring that once the weight is off and Im healthier in general it will be a lot easier to qit smoking. Im probably deluded but thats my hope...