Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2221   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 08:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea I thought I read it and then went looking back for you saying you were thinking of stopping and I couldn't find it and thought, heck I need to ask her cause I might be going batty thinking I read it LOL

glad you are sticking to it thanks for explaining, thought I was going coo coo on it....is that how one spells coo coo? nutso?

I didn't sleep good either...I was up at 5am and just stayed up cause I just couldn't force myself to go to sleep again, I tried...up at 4:45 for bathroom, laid there not sleeping and said, screw this, up I go and it has been a very very very long morning already HAHA

I been eating low so I get to eat today.

I got a monster salad on my mind. Hmmmm, not sure if I will go that route....got nice ribs to cook tonight on the grill, those got my attention but I can't last til tonight.....so thinking what is a lower kcal meal....a non-jacked salad? I don't know LOL maybe just tuna and mayo and keep it simple.....my hungry tummy is thinking way too much

glad you are doing walking plan etc.
I noticed this storm here made it a lot cooler outside....will it stay? who knows but it brought get my butt out there for hiking into the forefront of my thoughts. me gotta get moving, me slugging out ugh
Sponsored Links
  #2222   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 08:54

BF:

hey Jazz look under that fridge also

I had a mouse die under mine one year.....omg I looked and looked and looked for where it was coming from and eventually said to hubby to move the fridge and there he was....yuk

something could easily have fallen behind the pull out shelves and you think you would see it but ya don't!! til ya go all in and find it LOL

best of luck to ya!

OH HUBBY doesn't feel the way he is eating but he won't stop.
He is getting icky from what he eats. I AM TRYING ever so slowly to get him off breads and true junky crap......he is asking for wraps and flatbreads now instead of his major chunky big old brioche bread he eats so he is thinking about it but not taking much action but I can't 'get on his azz' too fast or too much, I drive him batty enough, if I go whole hog at his meals he might kill me on that one HA

man the site was bad this morning, almost lost post, then double post and hard to get it to stick....ugh but so far it all seems better so far
  #2223   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 09:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Just checking things out this morning.
  #2224   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 09:51

BF:
Progress:

YAY. Looks like things are cleared up. Back later.
  #2225   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 10:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Trig.....sorry I made you think you were going Cuckoo....is that how you spell it??

After I posted that I just pulled my head out of my butt and said just suck it up and do it! I'll give it a good test the next 4 weeks.

Jaz...my cat has a litter box....2 of them in fact! She only uses them if she has to, if we're away or in the Winter. It's not that she has to "go" when she wants out. She just wants to go out and prowl! Brat!

I'm having my Diet day lunch. MCT oil & collagen powder in coffee. My only solid food will be a barb-b-q chicken burger(Green Chef) without the bun and some red pepper strips for dinner tonight.

Heading out for my walk in an hour or so. Have to let this latest cup of coffee go thru first.

Oh...wanted to add. We got a call from DH's brother this morning. He's in the hospital with a bowel blockage that they are trying to clear with medication, but may need surgery. They've also discovered that he has 2 aneurysms of the iliac artery that will have to be dealt with. Not a good situation. He went to the hospital early this morning. He has been back living with his estranged wife the past couple months, so I guess she took him to the hospital. Anyway, she'll let us know what's happening and then we'll probably be driving the 2 hours to the hospital tomorrow or Monday.

We just got a text from her....Steve is responding well to the antibiotics and if things continue he'll probably go home by Monday. Now we are wondering...what about the aneurysms? Time will tell, I guess.
  #2226   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 18:10

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---I can sure understand that as you go thru these BTS traditions for the third and last time, it tugs at your heart. Something about BTS that is a season all in itself. Your son's classes sound SO interesting to me. And it seems a couple of them are right up his alley.

Seems like your PT job is working out pretty well. Do you like it?

Trig---You are such a good mama! You know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. And when it comes to clothing/shoes that make a kid feel good about themselves, that's when to fold them, imo. Those sneaks sound pretty wild---haha, she's taller than you in them.

I was interested to hear that you sometimes have a "monster salad." Does that mean a "jacked up" salad? Ha, always loved that Trig term. What constitutes a jacked up salad for you, as in what do you put on it?

Jaz---Think Trig is spot on regarding under and behind the fridge. :/ Had that happen to us years ago at our old house. Same story as Trig's.

Yes, it is harder to be good on the woe after a period of more treats. I love LC eating for how it makes me feel---thinner, lighter, no bloat. But for me, it's more work as in keeping it satisfying to me. Carbs are so freaking effortless.

I too am just getting back on the wagon after three days of treats here and there. And it's a bit of a struggle, but the good news is once back in, it get's much easier again.

Lori---Good for you w/the re-embracing of the UD/DD. It's always easier once you get in the groove w/it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like this place was a bit wonky yesterday. Anyway, glad it resolved itself quickly.

Well, hubby brought back a cold w/him from his trip, and now I have it. Something so wrong about a summer cold. Not too bad but just bad enough to have zero energy, so did just about zero today. Nice long and needed nap, read my book and that's about it.

I am back on plan today, no more goofin' around. And as I said to Jaz it is more challenging for taking 3 days off (not hog wilding, but not holding tight to the reins either) than just one meal every week or so.

I always get it mixed up---is it feed a cold and starve a fever, or starve a cold and feed a fever? Anywho, even w/this cold and dumpy no energy feeling I seem to have a big appetite, particularly for more carbs. But, not giving into it.
  #2227   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 19:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok Ladies I am in DIRE STRAIGHTS- I have pulled out every item, every shelf and still smell the dead - I will die a thousand deaths is I have to
1. Pull out the fridge myself
2. find something dead there
3. remove a carcass-

the SMELL is STILL there. But is SEEMS like it is only when I OPEN the fridge. I am scared now. I don't well with dead - ehhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwhwhwhwhwhwhwhwh- GROSSSSSS

While in the hello do I not have a man to deal with all this- it is driving me crazy this SMELL the god forsaken SMELL. It makes me want to vomit every time I open the fridge. - sure kills the want to make food from there. I can tell ya that much. - unckkkkkk

Although I will tell ya the crab were the best I have ever had!!!!!- the BOMB!!!!- better than the junk I have paid good money for out-
3 carbs each- ligand lump crab and Mayo mostly. OMG good!!!!! served over kale lettus. SO good-

I never made it bra shopping. ended up buying a super swifer and did deep dusting ting. Fan blades, corners, base boards, behind the bed, nooks and crannies...... It feels a lot "lighter" in here fresh. cleaned and cleaned !!! then went to store, and made dinner. I rented what I thought would be an awesome movie. I would give it a 2/5- just not good. I was so hoping!!!!!

I rented Hustle. It had promise but totally fell through las half....... Oh well..... relaxing evening .

Nite
  #2228   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 05:06

BF:

Good Morning!

I get to eat today!! Woohoo!! Let me tell you...I am ready! I think I'll start with some scrambled eggs with cheese and go from there. I may hit up Chipotle for lunch. I have a hankering for a burrito. Weird. Tonight I'm making a Green Chef meal...Teriyaki Pork meat balls with pineapple rice for DH. It looks really good. I really liked the Barb-b-q chicken cheeseburgers last night too. DH though they were a bit spicy, but Yum.

Jaz....so sorry your fridge trouble persists. So weird that it is only when you open the fridge? Did you pull the drawer all the way out of the bottom? Hmm...I guess it couldn't be anything in the freezer. You may need to call an appliance repairman to take something apart. It's always something.

Blue...hope the cold that DH shared with you is short lived. Who wants to deal with that mess!? Maybe a lazy Sunday will be just what you need.

Well, first some breakfast and then I'll tackle the pile of laundry that has accumulated this week. I'm going to do the bedding too. I also have that pesky 30 minute walk to get in too.

Have a great day!
  #2229   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 06:00

BF:

Lori so sorry about BIL, all that sounds scary. Tony's MIL had that blockage crap and it was nasty to deal with, certainly can kill ya if not taken care of....but the aneurysm stuff.....ugh that sounds so scary!! Tony's Dad had one of those in a main artery from his liver or kidney and they sent him home I think we meds and if needed surgery later, but I think the meds did the trick. ugh I can't remember too well on it but I also said, send him home? with aneurysms that can kill instantly? I remember being freaked out on it Hope all goes well for him!!

Your eating day and you got a hankering for some flavor don't ya Enjoy your eating day!!

Jaz, wow on the fridge! Like Lori said did ya take out ALL drawers etc?
hmmm, my gosh if that bad you might have to buy a new one. Let us know what goes down on it......have you put in a big old box of baking soda and let it sit?

Your crab sounds delish....now you got me thinking seafood also..yum

BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!! Thank goodness, I was gonna email ya etc. to be sure you got back here and here you are my friend....whew....!!

Sorry about the cold, they stink. MIL has one now. Tons of snots. Last cold we had bad I had the worst snots ever for like 5 months it seemed. it was super horrible! I never want it again! Now MIL has the massive snots and I told hubby don't get around her and then me I can't go there but I hope you come around fast. FEED a cold, starve a fever.....lucky you, you get to eat thru the cold HAHA

Oh on the monster salad, I was just very hungry when typing and wanted BIG food.....so it would have been a massive bowl of romaine hearts, a little cucumber, a few small chunks of baby carrots I have (YES I KNOW everyone, never touch a carby carrot, but a TAD of crunch must be detected in a salad for me LOL and it would have been very small amt.) and a lot of cheese. Then a lot of homemade ranch on it......but I ended up not having one. I had tuna and mayo, you know why, it was faster and easier to make then the salad dressing HAHA and the cheese and ranch would be a lot more kcals then a controlled tuna/mayo meal...so I went lighter on that. kcals are on my mind a lot now!

hey Nicco and Greg....waiting on posts from ya'll

hey guys
cloudy and chilly here. CHILLY! WTH? Hubby says hot coming back, it better, I want to swim I can't call it over yet!! I just can't even think of colder weather but it does bring hiking into my mind...…..but ya know I got screwed! I wanted me and hubby to hike and he is a walking still like a pretzel and then remember he had that foot problem, which is still kinda around and he WON'T be my go to hiking partner ugh. I had all these trails etc lined up for us and I feel horrible even asking him to go. I don't mind going alone sometimes, but I do like a hike partner and then like, driving home from hiking see a store or whatever and stop and have fun just sightseeing kinda thing a bit.....now that is kinda down the toilet....that kind of adventure for us. I thought we could do a lot of things when he early retired but I am finding he can't do much with the pretzel back. Chiro guy is helping but he isn't in good shape at all on that back...ugh. What a pain for him and me I don't know....it might just be all about me hiking alone again mostly. Just irked I got a dud spud as a sidekick now. I asked him when kid gets into school next week how about we take the kayaks to Lake Norman and goof around and he said he thinks he can't do it. Big sigh...see.
It is what it is I guess.

Doing low kcal day.
I will eat 3 leftover ribs from last night around 1-2pm for brunch time and dinner will be some shrimp in garlic butter with a tad of cocktail sauce. Good enough, food isn't on my mind today for some reason, which is rare, but I like LOL

ok off to get some stuff done
everyone be good!!
  #2230   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 09:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Sounds like you got some cool finds at the thrift store. Good on you!

Wow, that is a pretty big deal, thinking about moving to a new house! Would you stay in the same area?

So you kind of had a day off Friday, because your clients canceled, right? That is sweet! Unexpected bonus time after a hard week!

I'm sorry about your stinky fridge. That would drive me bat! crazy. I hope you can figure it out!

Congrats on your interview! That is pretty exciting, Jaz. I hope it works out if it is something you would want.

I'm not sure I can swing an Atlanta get together. My time there got cut short by a day as it is, plus when I drive from ATL to Blue Ridge I am now picking up another chick and taking her with me. If it doesn't happen this time, I'll be back in ATL again. Let me just see how it all seems to go.

Trig- Yeah we have some dead mall around the general area like that too although our local one is really thriving. They have added all kinds of restaurants from upscale to not, there is a thriving movie theater and all kinds of shops etc both indoors and out.

So I looked up the shoes. I didn't realize they are Nike. They look like shoes! lol Glad she is happy and generous mom with two pair! It's great once their feet stop growing though so she can use them a good long while.

Your DH really is funny with his food. My DH is like that too, sort of. He LOVES to get food out, pick food up etc. He buys lunch out 5/7 days per week minimum. If he can find an excuse he will get something else too!

I can be the same way with restrictions and plans, Trig. I'm just letting all that go for the most part and just focusing on LC only.

I was LOLOLing over your talk about your DH: pretzel back and a dud spud! You are the funniest. I do hear your disappointment though. If I lived near you I think we would make it work from time to time: talk for 15 minutes then shut the F up so we can enjoy nature, shop for 15 minutes then be done. lol

Lori- As long as you are enjoying the experience of trying something new, then I say go for it! You know? And honey, absolutely not with the tail between your legs thing. This is a no judgment zone for sure and I think there is nothing at all wrong with experimenting and figuring things out and shaking things up! Plus we all learn from each other!

I was LOLOLing over you saying you pulled your head out of your butt!

Your poor BIL!! I hope he is okay!!

Blue- you asked if I like the PT job. I do! The people who work there are super nice- like, inordinately nice. I have yet to meet a single person I didn't find friendly and kind. And the residents too are very sweet. There are one or two that are a little cranky but otherwise they are pretty swell. Some are quirky, some really funny, some earnest, some sweet, some incredibly active. The two concierge desks are very different in nature.. the downstairs one very quiet and good place for me to study, the upstairs one is in the center of the action and lots to do, lots of interaction. The time upstairs goes much faster.

I'm so sorry that you are sick with a summer cold. Those suck. Stay hydrated and eat when you feel like it. I hope it goes quickly. Rest up!!

•••••••

Talked to DS20 on FaceTime Audio today. Always good to hear from him. He was asking for advice on what to cook for himself this week. I walked him through making meat sauce and pasta and we talked about some lunch options he could have. We also discovered that the microwave in his room also serves as a convection oven so that was exciting and broadens his options even more. He also has two conviction burners, pots and pans, and a small fridge. The freezer part is very small though- the kind of freezer that holds a couple of pints of ice cream. He gets his bike rental tomorrow. Look at my little man growing up and cooking for himself!

I wasn't around yesterday bc Dh and I went on an unplanned day trip to Virginia. My SIL and BIL went down late Friday night with their kids and Saturday morning my SIL called me and said they seem really old and things aren't going really well. I told her we would come down and within the hour DH and I had packed a bag, gotten DS17 set up in case we were going to spend the night, and headed out. We arrived about 12:30. I wasn't as bothered by how things are as SIL was, but it is still clear that changes need to happen. FIL continues to lose weight and shows some confusion at times, and increased moodiness/frustration. MIL is tired and overwhelmed. They agree that they need to move in the next couple of months to MD and then we can get their house ready and on the market in the Spring. Just that agreement is a huge step forward in the process- they know they need to move and they want to now. Baby steps.

Where and what they will move into continues to be the issue. IMO the best option is a CCRC, with them starting out in independent living as long as possible, but in a community of others and where they have easy access to food, doctors, therapy and fun activities. Option two is a home within a 55+ community and option three is co-buying a house with SIL and BIL. The FIL seems in favor of option three (which is a change) and MIL seems in favor of option two, which IMO is the least pragmatic of the three choices. She heads toward anything that allows for the most independence (which I get) but also the most isolation. She refuses to acknowledge that FIL needs people to talk to and honestly, so does she, more than she realizes. But it is their lives and money, ultimately. I just worry that with option two, they will move into something only to have to move again two years down the line.

DS17 says he completed book three and is about to start book four, and completed an application. Clock is ticking.. he leaves on his retreat this Tuesday afternoon! He had his photo shoot yesterday evening so all his senior pictures are taken. Wow. It was interesting to come home and see what he had chosen as I wasn't home at all to help (read: interfere or control!) I came home to see two different pairs of shoes, a Stone Mountain Adventures baseball cap (his favorite camp), a guitar (which he doesn't really play but I guess would represent music- you can't carry a piano too well out there!) and he had texted me asking about an iron so some kind of decent shirt must have been worn. I will be so interested to see how it all comes out. He wasn't too sure about the photographer- said she didn't want to do anything she called "cliché and wasn't really telling him what to do, how to hold his head etc.

Enjoying the cooler weather here for sure. It is really lovely and I've got the blinds open again! Bella is loving lying in the sun and not overheating! I am also LOVING the cool weather with every ounce of my being and praying that we don't see the 90s again!!

Off plan yesterday but back on today.

Minor cough and a little stuffiness today. Maybe a touch of allergies and hopefully not a cold.

Making a chicken bacon ranch casserole thing today- we'll see how it is. I have some shrimp I'll cook up this week, plus I'm making pork fried pork and maybe burgers or something like that. Done and done!
  #2231   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 13:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

ALL-HELLO!!!!!!!-
I am SOOOOOOOOOO Happy to have temps under 90'sI just don't know what to do with myself!!!!!!- It brings out the nesting part of me!
I have the windows OPEN- first time in MONTHS and MONTHS!!!! All my windows open wide and letting in some FRESH sweet air!!!! I could keep 68 degree day anytime!!!!!- JUST SWEET! - It truly lifted my mood!!!!!- Gave my the push that this ungodly heat will end! (Sorry TRIG) I am ready!!!!!! It has been unbearable.

I actually have my oven on and picked up fixing for chili later in the week. Got ribs going now! TRIG - gave me a hankering for some ribs and slaw! -
Made some over bacon, and making boiled eggs for a tuna salad- yes I add those when I feel feisty!

I am loving this air!!!-
I did some bra shopping and have finally ditched the wire. I I can't stand the digging and scratching. I didn't think I would find on STRONG enough to hold this puppies up. But the plates 24 seemed to work and is comfortable- and not as ugly as I thought it would be!!!
There were on sale- I also am trying those new Hanes breathable undies- there were on sale too!!!- and splurged on a pair of silver earrings!!!! Whoot!!!!! (sorry if you are reading along Greg)
But comfort won out! I can tell I am getting older!

Ribs ready in about an hour! Fresh green beans, oven bacon, and coleslaw!!!!!- enough to last a few days and then I will make no bean chili!

I have about an hours worth of prep (work)- for tomorrow. But here I got a real break on Friday- so it evens out.

Yes I have a 2nd interview on Wed. for a Manager position and yes it would be a mostly office based position. They would give me an office- not a cube. But I look at it as a bigger cube with a door.
That would mean dressing up every day- and a possible move. I still have a few things I am waiting on- my Medical director is working like crazy to push through a position for me- it would be a work from home- my preference. Lots to consider and I am not going to make a rash and fast knee jerk reaction.

the best new however for today is this:
NO SMELL- It was something in the fridge. Thank god nothing dead behind the fridge. I "got" wherever it was. I think I know what it was.
It was coming from the freezer. I had beef bones for making broth that SMELLED so vile when I picked it up. It washed EVERTHING down- tossed ANYTHING that looked old and this morning bliss when I opened the fridge.

You know nasty smells just drive me crazy. I might be a little- not a lot cluttered, but I am not dirty. I am actually a bit on the clean compulsive side with the excepting of dust. - I dusted this weekend too!!!!!

My morticia has been satisfied!!!!- I would even doo one more day of gray and gloomy and cool. Unrelenting sun and heat is too much!

So today I was think about Fall and the task of going through my clothes and see what fits and what doesn't. I am up almost 8-9 pounds from this time last year!!!!! Sighhhhhhhhhh.
It has been a really really rough year.
--------------------------------------------------
NIC-
- Bummer on every second take and not get to see your smiling sweet face!!!!- oh well next time pencil me in!!!!
I am so glad your DS20 is adjusting. I love the fact he faced timed you on cooking lessons. Plus he has a convention oven. You are right that opens up WAY more options for him!!!!- Sounds like he just needs a few lessons and he is ready to go!!!!

I am hoping you don't have a cold!!!!! -
What kind of chicken bacon casserole are you making? - YUM- do you find that you love your cooking best or other peoples, because it tastes different?

My Bella is also loving the weather. She is sitting at my feet, loving the smell of bacon and cool weather. PERFECT isn't it??!?!?!?!?

What does your upcoming week look like?

BLUE-
- So sorry you are feeling punky with a cold! It comes with the weather and you are several weeks ahead of us!
I agree with you that when we are sick at for me I crave carbs. I am tired, no energy and feeling under the weather. Nothing is better than chicken soup, complete with noodles. But thankfully we aren't sick that often. I really wonder if the body doesn't NEED a few extra carbs when we are sick? I dunno.- The little jewish grandmothers can't be all wrong!!!

Feel better soon- what are you reading??????

TRIG
- Sorry the hubby is still suffering with pretzel back! Sucks!
But it is still time to lace up those walking boots and go! You and NIC - share the love of a beautiful hike! I used to go hiking all the time in Ohio. There is a ton of parks close to do that there! That is one of the things I miss about Ohio is the park systems there! Tons of open space. Atlanta requires a 30 minute or more drive- and the snakes down here freak me out!

Hopefully you have scoped out the parks in your area. I think though you live more in a country area!
Tons of open walking area. Beside which you as our Annie okay is not scared off by a little rattle snake- come with the land! LOLOLOLOLOL

I Am very proud of you being SO diligent about your food! Keep up the awesome work. And that is what it is too!!!! Work. But anything worth doing takes a minute for planning. I got a hankering for ribs too!!!!!- my dinner tonight!!!!!!
My OMAD!!!!!!!!-

LORI
- Girl you just sound like you are in such a great place right now. Your arm is finally healing, you are getting back into a walking routine and your food is planned and doing just right for you! That is awesome!
I am sorry to hear about your DH brother and his medical issues. Ya know we just have to live every day ya know. We don't know. I see people younger than us in wheel chairs and amputees due to Diabetes and lifestyle . Not saying your BIL is caused by that. I am just saying we need to care for our bodies do what we can do and love everyday we are given. I am hoping the very best for him!!!!!
Keep us posted!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
Time for ribs- nothing ales to add- will work just a little then get my walk in!!!!

Sucking every bit of Sunday out of Sunday!!!!!!!
  #2232   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 14:21

BF:

Jaz.....YAY for getting to the bottom of the fridge smell! What a relief, right? So glad your heat has broken there and you have a nice, window open kind of day. It's been great here too....nice fresh air. Hope you got a nice walk in.

I set off for a 30 minute walk and it turned into an hour! Didn't break any speed records, but it was time on my feet, which is good.

I didn't end up going to Chipotle, just had a few chips and salsa here with my lunch. Soon time to make my Green Chef Teriyaki Pork Meatballs.

BIL is doing pretty well. Turns out it was a diverticulitis attack. Antibiotics have made him feel a lot better. He will meet with the vascular surgeon about the aneurysms as an out patient. He expects to be discharged by Tuesday.

Laundry done and got my walk in....I'd say it was a successful day.
  #2233   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

All, interesting posts! Great to read. Thanks for letting me into your lives through this window. Don’t know why I don’t write more. Probably a guy thing. I’ll get better. Ran in the Old Wethersfield 5K today and took almost five minutes off my personal best. 34 minutes. Still high! Locked into a chicken, carrot and broccoli stew lately, but the pounds are not coming off like they were. Patience, ass, patience! I won’t make my September goal, but no worries, that’s why God made October. Just keep on pluggin, run, drink water, eat chicken stew!
Steadyed
“I spend some time everyday thinking about how to get the word “try” out of my vocabulary”. Hmm, still thinking about that.
  #2234   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-19, 23:36

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Hey steadyed---Good to hear from you! And heck to the yeah, this is Galsville here, so understand your reticence. But we really do like having a guy around, and you're brave to keep sticking your toe in. Keep jumpin' in when it suits your fancy.

I do have a question for you. Why would you want to take the word "try" out of your vocabulary?

Jaz---Sighing a collective breath of relief w/you to have the stink gone! Makes sense it was something frozen, which we tend to think is too cold to stink.

Also sighing w/relief for you that your temps finally went down. Man, that seemed to go on forever for you guys in the south. I can feel your rise in energy from here with that breath of cooler air.

I'm very er, jazzed so to speak, to hear of now perhaps TWO possible job opportunities! I know, I know, we never know what will come about. But I'm just here to say you SO deserve a Karma turn around in this area, one that suits your talents and your persistence. "Sail on silver girl..."

Nic---Wow on the thing with the ILs. I'm w/you totally, #1, hands down. Seems so elementary, and yet not to those making the choice. Your MIL sounds like she's in a good bit of denial. SIGH, not a judgement, but an observation.

I really hope for everyone's sake she comes to her senses, or the rest of you are able to prevail on her enough to force her hand in the better direction. We hate to try to direct anyone's life, but there comes a time, and if she gets away w/her choice, you're all going to be scrambling again to fix it very sooner than later.

Trig---Hate to hear that the pork chop is still suffering w/the pretzel back thing. And I really understand you wanting a mate to hike with. Alone w/nature is good for a bit, and then you kind of want someone to talk with about what you're seeing and experiencing.

Any chance of a hiking club in your area? I know, I know, I'm not the club type either, but ya never know who you might meet if you give it a chance. Thing is, one way or t'other, we gotta find our ways to move as we grow older. I'm already thinking what the heck am I gonna do when the pool closes. I can really tell the difference now that I'm not getting in as many work outs as I was.

And, BTW, I love baby carrots. Used judiciously/lightly for crunch and flavor in a salad there is no freaking way they are going to throw the woe or be the cause of even one gained ounce in the end, imo.

Lori---Agree w/Jaz. You really do sound great these days, can tell how much better your arm is doing if not perfect. That was quite a trial for you, as it would be for any of us---but particularly for you as you're such a work out gal.

Also, I find it amazing that you have not ONCE complained about no golf!!! Talk about patience and acceptance. I so admire how you just went after making that shoulder better again and again, finding your own solutions when frankly imo, traditional medicine really let you down. Bravo, girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very late here. Had the most delightful evening over in our old neighborhood with the two couples we are most close to. Our host made a delish LC salmon and veggie dinner, just for me, although of course, I did not request any such thing. But she said she just wanted to.

Then we sat around in their backyard around their fire pit, as we have so many times over so many years. SIGH. It is still just the most lovely little tucked away block/neighborhood ever, and yeah, I miss it. SNIF. Just part of the territory with change. You know you have to move on, but you sure do love touching base w/those memories, and some really dear people.

We had some really great conversations and didn't get home till almost midnight. Hubby conked out in one minute, but I as usual was all wound up from the night's haps.

Lucky me that I could just come here and write away for awhile, and YAY, I have started to yawn. Good sign. And I'm off to bed.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Aug-25-19 at 23:51.
  #2235   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 03:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....a lovely post, as usual. Your evening with your old friends sounds so, so nice. Nothing like sitting around a fire chatting after a wonderful dinner. Hope you slept well.

Greg....Good on you for taking 5 minutes off your 5k time! That is no easy feat! Bravo! I'm starting to get the itch to start doing a little running again. Today may be the day....we'll see.

Nic....I know it's hard dealing with the IL's. We want to do what's best for our aging parents, but you don't want to "force" something that is totally against their wishes. The options you stated all sound like good possibilities, but as you said, why go thru the stress of moving only to have to do it again in a short time. Hope a choice can be made soon so the wheels can start moving.

I love the sound of your part-time job. I would love something just like you describe. I would want afternoon hours so as not to conflict with my Yoga schedule.

Trig...sorry DH is still dealing with the pretzel back. That is totally miserable. Maybe some easy walking would actually make him feel better?

Is DD back to school? Has she adjusted to getting to bed earlier so she can get up in the morning?

Jaz......your food for yesterday sounds yummy! Hope your cooler temps continue this week, as I can tell how much it lifted your spirits to have that fresh air in your lungs! Fingers crossed on the interviews. You are smart to not just jump at something. It would be so wonderful if you could get the job where you could work from home. Any idea how long it will be until you hear anything about that possibility?

I made the teriyaki meatballs from Green Chef yesterday. Really, really good. When I plated it and served DH, he couldn't get over how pretty it was and even took a picture! The dish had a bed of basmati rice with bits of pineapple in it. Then I had sauteed some carrot(cut into tiny cubes-came that way), and edamame with a bit of spice and put on top of the rice. The pork meatballs were arranged on the side. DH cleaned his plate! I will definitely order that meal again. I don't remember what this week's meals are...have to log on and have a look.

Today is a "diet" day, so not much food in my future. I typically don't eat any solid food until dinner time on a diet day. I do have a piece of grilled chicken in the fridge....and a couple of those yummy meat balls from last night. Hmm....

I have to get my movement in sometime today. Probably this afternoon. I enjoy my mornings of quiet while DH is at work. He gets home around 11 or 12 and takes over the TV. That's usually a good time for me to get out for awhile. He turns on some inane sports talk show and it drives me nuts. Worst of all, he turns it on(loud) and then falls asleep! If I try to get the remote to turn it down, he wakes up and says "I'm watching that!" Sigh......

Enjoy your Monday!
Closed Thread