Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2206   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 05:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

WOW....my massage therapist gave me a going over yesterday! She really got things moving in my shoulder and arm. All kinds of knots and fascia "lumps" were moving under her hands. I felt a bit beat up and still kind of sore today. It is what needs to happen to break up the adhesions and scar tissue. I go back to the chiro today so we'll see how things are moving. But first....Yoga at 8:15!

I had another good fast day yesterday. Wish the scale would have gone down another 3 lbs, but no...up 4/10ths of a lb since Tuesday. I know it can't go down every time, but I sure wish it would.

Trig......glad you had a good shopping day with DD. I'd say you got a good deal on 4 bras for just over $100. That is awesome. Hope she has a good year of school.

Oops.....gotta run. Be back later.
Sponsored Links
  #2207   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 06:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I *LOVED* reading about your shopping trip with your daughter. And I definitely understand these words: "Kid actually was nice to me and we chatted and had fun. Kid nice to me is actually talking to me, it wasn't just ignoring." I tell ya, I guess it is nature's way, but having them be all moody and then be nice makes the nice such a freaking gift! I have learned to not take those moments for granted AT ALL. We are in a phase where they are more common (although there is also plenty of snarky eye rolling crap too) and I am LOVING it and knowing full well I could wake up tomorrow and POOF it would be gone again!

For you to find shopping even kind of fun is wonderful. Sounds like she was ready to just go and get it done, but in a good way. LOL over the bra shopping. No doubt she was mortified!! Having some stranger manhandle your boobs is horrifying at that age (after having a child we get used to it!) and having your Mom there watching is even worse! Sounds like she got some great choices and you got some good prices.

Re: Glasses- my guys love a site called Zenni. You can get glasses for so cheap, all different kinds. You should have her check it out. We've had great luck with them and it is fun for them to have different pairs they can wear. And we have had no issues with durability. T wore his every day for a year but came back from camp with them at the bottom of the lake. No problem, we paid like 30 bucks for them! He just chose two new pair and a pair of sunglasses too.

All great news! Glad you are feeling thinner too.

Lori- Sounds like this therapist really knows what she is doing and is able to provide you with a lot of help. Green Chef seems like a really great fit for you and DH also. I can see thinking about doing something like that next year when it is just DH and I. I've already gotten to where I cook only about three days a week, seems like.

Jaz- I know you are just overwhelmed with work right now. Hold fast!

••••••

Hi all!

Things are good here. Had a really nice 30 minute talk with DS20 today. He was telling me what he has been up to and while we were talking (I was talking to him on my computer via FT audio) he was sending pictures over the computer so I could see what he saw, or who he was hanging out with. It was wonderful to catch up with him. He is happy and faring well, enjoying the people he is meeting and the activities. He is taking the morning off (well I guess now it is mid-afternoon there) and skipping the zoo trip to rest his feet. The activities can run very late at night and by that I mean they can end at 3-6 AM! He says he is not cut out for that for longer than a few days.

Today I am doing a CASA visit, will stop at the store for a few things, and then DS17 and I will have our meeting to see what progress he has made and what needs to be completed by Tuesday. Hopefully he has done fairly well.

Ravens play tonight!

My gut is still being wonky. Not as bad as it was on Tuesday but still not great. I ate just a few bites of a hamburger patty at dinner, maybe a third of a patty, bc it wasn't feeling awesome from lunch and I didn't want to set it off again. Just kind of baby stepping along with it. Maybe I'll take some probiotics to see if I can get it back to a happy place.

On plan and doing fine, but don't want to say much about it. No rocking the boat!

Oh- today is our last day of HOT and then we drop to upper 70s, low 80s. Yay!!
  #2208   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 19:48

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi all- so sorry didn't post this morning. On foot in from t of other and still want to drop. I knew this week was going to be rough.
Putting my dot down. Been reading- personals tomorrow LOTS to say!!!!!

I loved all your posts- seriously
Expand more tomorrow
put in 13hour day and have nothing left.

Till tomorrow-
Loved your posts!!!!!! - Want to do a post justice rather than one liner!

Gotta drop into bed-
  #2209   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 21:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Sorry to be MIA, but all kinds of stuff boiling over on the burner---just sucking up all my energy. Will be back tomorrow I hope, w/more personals and details.

But can't leave w/out one personal tonight, to Trig. OMG, that was the sweetest most darlin' story ever about shopping for bras w/the kiddo! Sent me off to bed w/a smile on my face.

So much more I want to say to all, back soon. XO
  #2210   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 05:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

LOL guys who knew I would have a fun day shopping with the kid and for bras yet HA but today is shopping for her sneakers and she only wants Air Force 1....can't find those suckers anywhere. Called one Footlocker and they might have a size that fits so off we go today to try them today. They are called Forces and I am 'too old' according to my kid to call them Forces! WTH? heehee, but I think today's shop is gonna not be a fun one. I wanted her to go with Daddy yesterday and she won't go without me. Got it all, the eye rolls like Nicco said, the quiet 'please please please' don't make me go alone, and all so I am shopped out so I said, ok, we will go tomorrow.

So today is hit the road later in search of Forces.

Did orientation. Newer high school is nice. She will do well there, she met some friends etc, has decent classes.....first period is Culinary Arts and Hopsitality…..2nd is Honors History....third Gym....4th is Honors English.

get this, in first period they can order a coffee from the snack shack and it gets delivered to your class for you. And no drinks etc in 2nd and 3rd periods except for water....and in 4th period class you can order snow cones from the snack shack and have them delivered to the classroom. I have never heard of such a thing? she is thrilled with all that LOL

Best thing about the newer high school is the freaking AC works well. She won't cook like she did in the other super old schools she went to.

Then on the way out hubby says lets get Mexican. Me and kiddo were not hungry, didn't want to go, we hemmed and hawed a bit and I swear hubby was gonna freak and cry that he couldn't get his food. I know he wasn't all that hungry cause he ate 2 burgers a while before we left.....omg it is SO all about food for him and it is driving me and the kid crazy.....so with his pouty face we both said lets just go with eyeball rolls between us and we ordered the steak, chicken, shrimp thing over rice and I ate a few bites and so did she and we boxed it all and now hubby as a huge meal for today at home. ugh, food, I just don't want it anymore and kiddo is the same mostly but hubby, a food monster that needs to be controlled! ugh

Nicco loved your DS story and how you guys connected and he brought you up to speed. Heck I can't do a night until like 6AM...nope, I require good sleep at some point in a day. Glad he is loving it tho!!

Thanks for the info on Zenni. I will show her the site. 30 buck frames is good cause a lot of the frames are expensive and she can rip thru frames like paper sometimes so I will sure hit up that site and check!!

Sorry the gut is bad. Just don't eat a lot....go super lean meats, light on everything and hopefully you clear up sooner than later!! I hate a wonky gut!

Jaz you sound pooped along with Blue. Hope you guys perk up and rock on!

HI Lori....don't let that stupid scale sway ya you will whoosh it down soon since you are holding your plan so well!!
Your massage therapist sounds like a beast HA

Greg post up when ya can, you need a check in with us!!

hey all
off to find Air Force 1 sneakers. Black on black ONLY. omg so specific ya know....now go out and find them since they are sold out everywhere for months before school.....thanks kid for saying ya wanted those darn things earlier HA ugh

all good here, big storms came thru. humidity is nasty, cloudy day to keep the heat down a bit tho but still hot here.

just gonna do this day as it comes, go shop and get that handled and done hopefully and just go with the flow today

food tonight, hubby defrosted steaks so MIGHT have a steak. NOT going to eat when hubby wants lunch out on the road. Kid and hubby can eat, I am bringing a protein shake in my purse with me and just that cause I am sick to death of eating when I don't want to eat, even if social and out and about. Time to do it all as I want and not default when I don't want to.

have a great day guys
  #2211   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 05:42

BF:

Hi all-

Will be in to post late this afternoon or this evening. Meeting SIL in Annapolis to look at possible place for the ILs, then driving back and taking a 12- 4 shift at work.

Gotta run!
  #2212   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 07:04

BF:

Good Morning!

WOW.....everyone so busy today and I'm a slug! This is the only day this week that I don't have an appointment of some kind. Feels kind of good.

Trig....good luck on finding the Forces. If I remember the teen years correctly, she will be like a bear with a sore a$$ if you can't get the right ones. Fingers crossed for you.

You have your hands full with a hubby that likes to eat out so much. You seem to handle it well for the most part. I'm afraid I would cave and just eat everything.

Nic....good luck in your search for a place for the ILs. Annapolis is a beautiful place...love it there. Then you're off to work for the afternoon? You are a busy girl today.

Man....that schedule your DS is expected to keep up with in Europe is wild! They are just starting their evening at a time when I'd be ready for bed! I'm sure he'll adjust. Are you going to practice being active at 3AM so you'll be ready to rock when you visit?

Blue & Jaz....sounds like you're both having a crazy week. Hope you have a calmer weekend to look forward to so you can decompress.

I have no special plans for today. I think I'll run an errand or 2 later, but nothing pressing. No dinner prep tonight as DH is going to the first high school football game of the season with DS & DGS. I was invited, but declined. I'll just enjoy a quiet evening here in my nest. He'll grab something to eat at the game with DS.

We had a good Green Chef meal last night. It was paprika crusted Barramundi which is a mild fish. It was quite good. I have another meal that is barbecue chicken burgers. Not sure DH will be thrilled with that, so I may make it tonight and eat 1 of the burgers. Today is a low calorie day for me, so if I eat nothing all day, I should be ok eating the chicken burger tonight.

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Aug-23-19 at 12:32.
  #2213   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 12:38

BF:

Jaz- Missing you this week. I can hear how busy and stressed you are. Sorry this week has been so hard on you!

Blue- Oh dear, things boiling over does not sound good. You hold tight too!!

Trig- I am loving the DD stories lately. I have never heard of Air Force 1s or Forces. I will look them up! I was LOLing over you being told not to call them Forces. DS17 got mad at me when he was around 15 because I started using the word "salty" to describe an attitude and apparently I was not cool enough to use 'his' word. LOLOLOLOL Oh, teens. LOL

I assume you've checked Zappos for them?

Wow, that snack shack has it going ON! great moneymaker for the school too. So are some kids using an academic credit time to be delivering food or what? My kids' school has things like office assistant, preschool assistant etc and I always was like, yeah.. nope! I am not paying tuition for that!

Lori- the good news about DS20 is that this is just during the orientation/party period. Once classes start up things will settle down and he will be traveling plenty on many weekends also.

I am so glad you are making Green Chef work so well for you. A quieter day sounds nice for you. You do keep yourself busy!

••••••

Howdy Ho! It's FriYAY (I had to double check once I wrote that!)

DS17's senior schedule is: Chamber Choir, Digital Videography and Audio, Digital Photography, Western Civ, AP Comp Sci, AP Eng Lit, Honors Statistics and Study Hall.

Oh! He got the job! I am really pleased for him. I think he will LOVE earning money and making a paycheck, and in order to keep the job he has to keep his grades at a decent level, so he will have to monitor himself. I totally see this as a win/win and I hope it works out as well as I am envisioning.

We did have some head butting going on during the college app meeting yesterday. But, thirty minutes later it passed, we reset and moved on. That does happen more easily now. He still has some work to do though.

So far, so good for me: no gut issues or headache at all today thus far. Fingers crossed!

Met my SIL out in Annapolis at 9 AM to look at places for my ILs. We found one that might work really well for them. My SIL and BIL are going down to VA tonight and so they can show them the site online and the video of the place that I took and we can see how they feel about it.

I was supposed to go in to work 12-4 today but it got switched to 4-8, which is fine by me. The upstairs desk, so plenty to do and no study time. I can manage with that quite happily! Next week I am working the HCC (slow) desk twice and the upstairs desk once.

I got really, really mad at DH last night. With his knowledge and consent, I am going to ATL in mid-September. Bought a one way ticket and am driving a Honda Accord back up from my Mom for DD. We have discussed this numerous times, I emailed him my flight information.. heck, even this week we discussed when I was going to drive back and where I might stop on the way back. So last night we are sitting down watching the Ravens game and I asked him to tell me any dates he will be traveling etc so I can put it in my calendar. He tells me that he will be in Indianapolis right smack in the middle of my trip!! I was like WHAT? WHAT THE HECK??? Who is supposed to be with DS17? Who is supposed to care for the dogs?? Why the FREAK was it not in your calendar when I gave you the info and talked about it with you repeatedly??? It was not pretty. I was furious. He is really good at his job but drops the ball where job and family cross and sometimes I just lose it. I do NOT want DD and SoIL to feel like they moved closer and now they are responsible for DS17 and our dogs. They are NOT. They are already keeping DS17 when we go to Europe. HE was supposed to keep them while I was gone. They are not his parent!!!

Anyway, he contacted DD and took responsibility and asked her if he could stay there but if not he would change his trip and she, of course, said yes. I am still sort of mad at him bc it is not their problem. UGHHHHH. I need to let it go.

Deep breathing...!

Much cooler day today.. started out at 77 but has dropped to around 72 and actually just a touch too chilly for sandals, I discovered. Drizzly and gray. The next few days are low 80s. I am happy about this!
  #2214   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 16:42

BF:

Howdy all- So sorry to be MIA!!!!!!-

NIC you KILLED me with the statement " had to go back and make sure it was FRIDAY"- No offense but dear god I was envious!!!!!!- I have been counting DOWN the days!!!!!!! Truly- You are blessed! - I love ya sister, just a really rough week- it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on the MAN/HUSBAND- not getting a schedule. Mine used to do the same....... I would ne talking about schedules, and this and that and get " yup, hummmm, ok....... sounds good"........- didn't hear a frekin word I said!!!! Feel ya- thankfully it did work out, but annoying as hell I know!!!

How is your class going? Are you excited about your projects????

TRIG- a bit behind in my post to you!!!! Love the eye rolling between you and the daughter regarding the hubby NEED TO EAT!!!- I get that! I think it is so much easier being single and not having to deal with someone else food issues. I have enough of my own!!!
Speaking of food and such- serious coffee catered to your kiddo first class?????????? WHATTTTTTTTT???????- OMG- I would have been in 7th heaven if that was my high school. We were not even aloud water bottles. Boy have times changed!!!!! - So glad she is excited about her new start!!!!!!!
She is ready! - ARE YOU????!?!?!?
New chapter!!!! Hey lets plan a day to meet half way may last Sept.

How is your momma doing?

Blue- honey I am right there with you!!!!! ROUGH rough week. I did however think of you this afternoon. I had a few minutes and stopped by the upscale thrift store to find a few treasures! I found a couple too!!!!!!!
Got a brand new BEAUTIFUL autumn linen table clothe made in France- for....... wait for it...... wait.......... 3 dollars! It is beautiful! Still had $$$$$ on it and never used. Also bought a Pampered chef Trivet in a brushed bronze for 1.00- and finished off my BIG shop with a picture of trees- in a monochrome large couch canvas half price at 4 dollars. Took my treasures and ran!!!!

I saw a few other things that would be cool to have- but my place if filling up fast. I am highly considering putting the doll house on the market April 1- of next year. If things continue and the market doesn't crash I will walk away with a min- of 50,000 profit I can use as a down payment for my next place, a bit bigger. This area is EXPLODING and 50K in 2 year is a pretty ROI!!!!!!!- plus I have enjoyed it here. I am feeling a bit cramped now though. Just a tad BIGGER- but hey I might just hang on. It would give me a change though to reinvest and keep increasing my ROI- depending on where I buy- and by the time I really need it have a nest egg. I started late so need to be fairly aggressive in it.

Hey it's FRIDAY- time to wind down!!! You doing anything this weekend???- See below- I know you would be here!!!!

Lori- Thanks for holding down the fort!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
So cool that Green Leaf is still as exciting for you!
How was your massage?!?!?!?
You lucky lady to kick back and start your weekend early!!!!!!

I am still in awe how fast your NYC trip went!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am now on Jaz ISLAND time only here at home! I am not even going to talk about my week- Left that baggage at the door, by 4- made up for working until 9 last night. Done with last week!!!

I will say I looked at my schedule today and my heart sunk. However all 3 of my members cancelled for various reasons and I had a light day to catch up and go get an oil change, car wash, and do some laundry and some light grocery shopping.I even stopped at the high end thrift shop- (see Blue's personal)- got a few treasures and spent HIGH dollars! YEA!!!!!- LIGHT DAY-

My date cancelled- no reason given. Ya know- I am way ok with it. I am so tired anyway I would not make a great date. Friday nights are my total crash and burn night where I just like to kick back and veg out with wine and Netflix after a horrid week. Then I am ready for the weekend! So all good.

BLUE- I FINALLY get to pull out the MORTICIA in me for the first time in almost 2 months. They are saying that it will fall below 90 degree for the first time in 29 days and be stormy all weekend!!!!- We have not had a cooler / stormy weekend for almost 2 months.
I am ready for a dark and STORMY and COOLER!!!!!!!!- My Morticia is needing to scratch that itch with the fall winds of change and dark and stormy! I am excited about cooler weather. I have been so over heated and plum exhausted from being out in this weather for 2 months- I am OVER it.
COME to me AUTUM- even the trees are tired. I agree with NIC- the grass and trees are a dull fading green. No vibrancy but tired under the hot dog days of heat day after day!

I need to do some deep cleaning tomorrow! - Good day for it!!!-
OK- ALL that SMELL is back in my FRIDGE?????? it is driving me BATTY? I can't figure it out. It is def- INSIDE the fridge. I even dumped the ice cubes- I truly need to WASH everything. It is obviously a something I can't see but sure smell. It is the smell of rotten. I truly have pitched most everything and replaced. But it STILL smells!!!!!- ICK!!!!!-

Oh and let me tell you about the DUST balls in my house! I can tell you the weather is changing. How do I know this?????? Bella heads 2 times a year. Once in spring for summer coat, and again late summer for winter coat.
She sat in my lap yesterday and demanded her pet time. I was wearing a FUR coat when she got up!!!!-
I know I am so weird for loving my fur baby so much. I will get another pooch here real soon when I know my situation with work.

Speak of- I interviewed for another position and have a follow up with the person who will will be the decision maker. It would be 2 steps up for a manager over a case management dept her in Atlanta- yes for same company.

The recruiter contacted me- and said I was a 100% match for what she was looking for. We had a wonderful conversation yesterday and little did I know she was interviewing me until it was over!

WOE- SIGHHHHHHHHHH......... My carbs are creeping up and up and up. today I hauled in about 50. Still I know low in the Scope of things but for me- tooooooooooo high!!!!
Ever since I got sick a couple weeks ago and ate off plan it has been hard to go totally back on plan. I am adding a tiny bit of this and that- higher carb veggies. Beans, potato, rice, not alot- not hog wilder. I am up 5 pounds in 3 weeks.

Need to turn this around. You know once you add crap- you get a "taste' for it- then it sucks to withdrawal again.

That is where I am at. -

Blue- I want to talk about something we touched on BEFORE Charleston. You mentioned an inspiration board. What is that and how do I get one???? Is it an app? A real board?

Tomorrow is - TRIG are ya ready for this???? Bra shopping. I am in serious need of new bras'. The one I have are older than dirt and hurt and dig, and falling apart. I also Am breaking out in a bad break out on my face due to cheap makeup.Back to Bare Minerals I go. That worked for me! Then I though I could save a few $$$ and now My face is paying the price!! I will be shopping some tomorrow!!! Rain and all. Ok with it- less people in the mall.

OK all- I am off to pour some wine and plus into Netflix- NITE

XOXOXOX- you all

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Aug-23-19 at 16:53.
  #2215   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-19, 16:55

BF:

OMG I re-read my post- there are some funny typo's and too frekin tired to correct!!!!!!!- enjoy the laugh!!!!
  #2216   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 03:26

BF:

Lori did I read you are gonna stop the Up and Down day and just go into a normal fasting time for yourself? I looked back at posts and can't remember where I read it I get ya. The minute I lock into a planned anything I seem to rebel kinda quickly, I think a 'thought of a plan' to follow looser suits me in a way but I still need some strict control or I will just say the heck with it all.

Your Green Chef is suiting you guys good. It must be nice to not have to sit and think what to make....omg I have become just a protein person kinda. Kid and hubby say what is for dinner and I say steak.....after that you tell me what ya want with it and sometimes all they have is steak but about an hr. later they are crawling around the kitchen looking for snacks LOL

Nicco hope work went well for you.

Had me laughing on 'salty'. How dare you use their words back at them Kid just says I am a boomer who is not allowed to get into her generation...omg ya know Am I am boomer? I have no idea LOL
I don't even register all that crap in my head, a boomer, a millennial and all...to me it is whatever, who cares kinda stuff

On the ILs...is this alot of work for nothing or are they really interested in moving? I feel for you guys in this position of what to do. It never turns out as ya think but hopefully you can get them behind a nice complex and get it worked out.

I hear you loud and clear on the DH. I also know sometimes ya gotta blow. I am like you, I don't want anyone to take care of my family as a 'always default' person and put them into that situation. I get it with your DD. When we had the kid, Tony was like, hey my mom can watch her while you work a full time job and handle the farm and I was like NO WAY. I don't dump my kid on anyone ever. I am quitting my real full time job and just handling the farm at home and DO my own kid. That is why I already told my kid a million times she best be ready for her own kids when she has them cause I ain't ever being a built in, give up my daily life to be a grandma babysitter on a daily basis, nope, never gonna happen.

Also on the DH we let them get away with a ton of things cause they work hard, are good guys, do more than a lot of other guys.....but at some point ya blow ....eh, but we get over it fast also!

Jaz, good luck bra shopping HAHA
Very cool you are doing interviewing etc for this position....but is it a cubicle job again, like you aren't home a lot....would all that change if you change jobs within the company again? just wondering
Date cancelling is never a bad thing this way you get to stay home and relax as you need....more dates will show up down the line when ya want them.

Your refrigerator drama is making me laugh like crazy....where is the smell? but it would be driving me batty also like you

Hey Blue and Greg....ya'll get to posting a bit more please!!

SO, Footlocker nearest to us was in an old ratty mall in a town over. A mall we never hit before. Wow...the number of empty stores. No one was in this place at all. Seriously dead....but we did well with finding her shoes...so ticked off to the max here cause this site has locked up or something and I can't move or see what I am typing but if I LOSE this long post I am gonna be ticked....so hitting post now UGH.

She loved
  #2217   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 03:52

BF:

ok new post to continue cause the site went with an error 524 code and who knows but my post made it, if I lost that I was gonna be ticked big time LOL

she loved the black forces. of course the white caught her eye also. So we got the black and then I said to the clerk, OK, get us a pair of white ones and let her try those on.....they fit. We got both. $100 each....so $214 and done with sneakers.
She was thrilled beyond thrilled I got both colors for her. Black for some outfits, white for others. They are good looking sneaks but feel like a military boot. I mean they are stout and heavy and BIG sole on them, she is now taller than me in these sneakers LOL she loves that, they got a huge high sole and seem like she is wearing high heels or something to make her taller....she thought it was cool

but the mall. wow. Hubby wanted food court. OMG was all we could say....ugh....and the food court was SO sad. 2 little ugly like no food Chinese places and a Southern Flavor fried old, dried out chicken place.

we didn't eat...hubby got Chinese LOL
kid and me sat and waited while he finished and then off we went home fast.

Sad little mall but had the shoes we wanted. Won't be going back there any time soon

all good here, today is nasty. rainy, misty, dark, cloudy, yukky and foggy out there and just horrible day. no wonder I am in lala land with my head and sinus! can't think good now. didn't sleep well last night with headache. gonna be a long boring day which suits me fine, tv is in my sights, tv and nap I got no energy and don't care

off I go to chill out and try to wake up
great day all
  #2218   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 04:15

BF:

Lori did I read you are gonna stop the Up and Down day and just go into a normal fasting time for yourself? I looked back at posts and can't remember where I read it I get ya. The minute I lock into a planned anything I seem to rebel kinda quickly, I think a 'thought of a plan' to follow looser suits me in a way but I still need some strict control or I will just say the heck with it all.

Your Green Chef is suiting you guys good. It must be nice to not have to sit and think what to make....omg I have become just a protein person kinda. Kid and hubby say what is for dinner and I say steak.....after that you tell me what ya want with it and sometimes all they have is steak but about an hr. later they are crawling around the kitchen looking for snacks LOL

Nicco hope work went well for you.

Had me laughing on 'salty'. How dare you use their words back at them Kid just says I am a boomer who is not allowed to get into her generation...omg ya know Am I am boomer? I have no idea LOL
I don't even register all that crap in my head, a boomer, a millennial and all...to me it is whatever, who cares kinda stuff

On the ILs...is this alot of work for nothing or are they really interested in moving? I feel for you guys in this position of what to do. It never turns out as ya think but hopefully you can get them behind a nice complex and get it worked out.

I hear you loud and clear on the DH. I also know sometimes ya gotta blow. I am like you, I don't want anyone to take care of my family as a 'always default' person and put them into that situation. I get it with your DD. When we had the kid, Tony was like, hey my mom can watch her while you work a full time job and handle the farm and I was like NO WAY. I don't dump my kid on anyone ever. I am quitting my real full time job and just handling the farm at home and DO my own kid. That is why I already told my kid a million times she best be ready for her own kids when she has them cause I ain't ever being a built in, give up my daily life to be a grandma babysitter on a daily basis, nope, never gonna happen.

Also on the DH we let them get away with a ton of things cause they work hard, are good guys, do more than a lot of other guys.....but at some point ya blow ....eh, but we get over it fast also!

Jaz, good luck bra shopping HAHA
Very cool you are doing interviewing etc for this position....but is it a cubicle job again, like you aren't home a lot....would all that change if you change jobs within the company again? just wondering
Date cancelling is never a bad thing this way you get to stay home and relax as you need....more dates will show up down the line when ya want them.

Your refrigerator drama is making me laugh like crazy....where is the smell? but it would be driving me batty also like you

Hey Blue and Greg....ya'll get to posting a bit more please!!

SO, Footlocker nearest to us was in an old ratty mall in a town over. A mall we never hit before. Wow...the number of empty stores. No one was in this place at all. Seriously dead....but we did well with finding her shoes...so ticked off to the max here cause this site has locked up or something and I can't move or see what I am typing but if I LOSE this long post I am gonna be ticked....so hitting post now UGH.

She loved
  #2219   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 06:27

BF:

Good Morning!

It appears that this site is acting up. Trig....you got 2 posts for the price of one!

Yes...you did read in my post yesterday morning that I was ready to bag the Up day Down day plan, but then I thought about it and went back and deleted that part of my post. Yesterday was supposed to be a down day and I just wasn't feeling it. Anyway, I decided to stick to it, although yesterday had already turned into an up day. I read a book I have about it called The Every Other Day Diet for inspiration. I have never given the plan a fair chance and I want to stick with it at least for the next month until we go to Virginia Beach. So....since I ate yesterday, today is my Diet day. Plus, I want to start walking at least 30 minutes every day. That begins today too.

I'm embarrassed how I go back and forth with this diet stuff. You all must think I've lost my mind. I guess I shouldn't even mention it here when I decide to try something else..then I have to come back with my tail between my legs and admit that I quit.....again! But, I tell you guys everything whether you want to hear about it or not!

Trig...so glad you found the shoes for DD...and 2 pair! Woohoo! I think that was a smart move. That should get her thru the year, right? Yeah, malls are becoming ghost towns everywhere. Your DH was brave to eat Chinese at a sad looking place like that. Hope he had no ill effects.

Jaz....glad your appts for yesterday cancelled so you could catch up and be done early. Hope you have some good down time this weekend.

Nic...hope things work out with the snafu with your trip & DH's. I know how maddening it is when men just don't listen, or absorb information when you try to tell them something. It truly is a man thing.

Blue...hope you get reinstated here! I hope the dogger didn't have you up so many times last night.

My cat got me up at 3:45AM to go out. I had trouble getting back to sleep, I think I tossed around till almost 5, so ended up staying in bed till after 7. Super late for me!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Our weather is supposed to be great...sunny and in the 70's. Great time to start my new walking plan! Later!
  #2220   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 07:00

BF:

Good Morning Lovelies -
JAZ is getting some SPUNK back!!! Why????- It's the weekend and I SLEPT so good!

Trig- - Your outing with the kiddo and hubby was sorta funny and sad! First we have a "sad" little mall in the area too! It IS sad to see brick and mortar stores disappearing. Sign of the times! - And then the hubby disappears into a food court? OMG....... I would be doing the eye roll for sure. It is shocking to me the way he eats he isn't sick more. That crap food would give me a tummy ache for sure!!!

I am LOVING the gray, drizzle, and murky day! I am SO over this hot, humid, and sun day in day out!

Hey- the SMELL in my fridge is NO JOKE!!!- I Seriously can't tell where it's coming from? I need to pull EVERYTHING out and wash the shelves with lysol soap. It is SO bad that I reached for coffee creamer and the smell leaked into the kitchen- GAG right off the rip this morning!!! URGHHHHHHH!

Hope you lose your headache soon and just enjoy your day!

Lori- - OMG you got up at 3:45?!?!?- Why does your cat "go out" in the middle of the night? Does she not use a litter box?
I am interested in what your walking plan is? Does that mean your arm is feeling better!!!-
I know you feel so much better when you are active!

Have you read anything about night shades not being good for you?

NIC-
- Hey- I know your Trip to Atlanta in Mid Sept is most likely booked wall to wall, but you want to meet for dinner, lunch, coffee? I can come to you if you can spare an hour! No way I want you to be here and me not see you!!!- Think about it! I can come your way and we can make it short!

Hoping you have a great weekend! How is your WOE going?
How is your class going?

BLUE- - Hey time to check in my friend!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Today is a mix of cleaning (see fridge note)- URGH..... GROSS....
Paying bills, and shopping. I still want to take in a movie. Today might be the day!

Feeling great and peppy! Productive and wanting to clean stuff up and get out of the house for some FUN TIME!

Right now I am relaxing watching Flea Market Flip- I love that show. Working on some coffee thinking about what I want to tackle first.

Tonight is crab cakes. Picked up some lamb crab yesterday and have that "old bay crab mix" that NIC turned me onto! I also will have it over some romaine. Done!

Have a good one all- off to MASK and GLOVE up and going in......
Closed Thread