Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 16:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/131/108 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress:
Default MiniCarb Zero Carb Baking Mix

I recently purchased this and am looking on ways to use it. On the back, it only mentions a couple of recipes (fried chicken which is terrific and something else). However, it doesn't really delved into other ways to use it. Can you just substitue it for flour in recipes for equal amounts, for example? Also, if you have any recipes that I can use this in, it would be terrific. It is not the cheapest thing in the world and I have 2 boxes just looking pretty in my cabinet. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 17:59
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

So far I've only used it to bread things, but I love it. I think you can use it in any recipe that calls for LC bake mix, or Atkins bake mix. I don't know about substatuting it strait for flour though.

I did move mine to the freezer. We had some whole wheat flour that was really old and got buggy. The bugs spread to my gluten. So now anything that may get buggy I keep in the freezer or in air tight storage containers.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins,protein power
Stats: 134/118/110 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

I whirl 1/2 cup mix w/1/4 cup Splenda in the food processor. While processor is running, I drop in enough cold butter chunks to make a crumbly dough. Pat into a pan for shortbread (bake at 350 till golden) or crumble it over cooked & sweetened(splenda) rhubarb or berries, bake till golden brown.