Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 18:57

Plan: Candida
Stats: 150/150/150 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Oregano Oil Vitamin C Flush as suggested by Zuleikaa

I have questions and concerns.

Started this flush a few days ago, made it 3 1/2 days before I got concerned about the particular Oregano oil I was using.

I read too much Thymol can be hard on or damage your liver and kidneys.

I was using Gaia Liquid Phyto caps that say 2 pills equals 460mg "Alcohol Free Extract." I was taking 1 every hour.

It also says on the box that the "Validated full spectrum profile" is 64mg of Carvacrol and Thymol. That's what kinda workkied me I might be taking too much Thymol and I'd read that Thymol can do some damage if over done.

Also it says "Each capsule contains 4,600mg dry herb equivalent.

So, I stopped. I'm burning up, feel a little funny and it's hot out today and I was seeing stars a bit when I stood up earlier.

Is this just part of my candida die off?

I have had candida pretty bad for years now, it has migrated to my head and sinuses about 4 years ago.

I feel better from the 3 1/2 days and will pick back up where I left off if I'm safe to.

I went and bought Oreganol P73 thinking that it's stronger, in drops, and it probably has less Thymol in it and I can put it in water and put under my tongue to more readily affect my head tissues where my problem is.

I know it's also in my gut, but I've been really successful with Goat milk Kefir for that and I'm going to start an Organic fermented cabbage juice recipe I found that's supposed to be stronger.

So I'm not so worried about my gut as I can handle that are, I really just want this crud out of my head, you have not felt frustration until you've had 4 years of non stop tingling tickling crackling crawling sensations with sometimes pain and audible noises.

I'm not certain if candida migrated there or I have a sinus/ brain parasite.

I know the Oregano should handle either of them eventually

But how do I know if I'm being safe with my body with all this Oregano

Vit C mega doses I'm not worried about, done em before, and this protocol of 1,000 C and 1,000 Ester C doesn't even have me experiencing loose bowels so my body is using ALL of that C!!

Must have many tissue problems including I know I have had leaky gut. I'm sure all the years of candida has wreaked some havoc on my tissues and that C is healing em up and I can feel it, I feel better, it's just this Oregano thing and the constant flush feeling.

Please could anyone who has done this flush let me know your experience and Zuleikaa if you're out there and see this please respond with a more detailed description of the flush if you could and or/ comments on my Oregano oils and their safety, also any other things I should or should not be doing during this flush, other than tons of water I know.

Greatly Appreciated!

I feel like this Oregano oil Vit C flush feels so far like this is going to be it.....finally,, I'm going to win and be normal again, just want to be absolutely sure I'm not doing more damage.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 19:51
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I'm here!!

You are not taking too much oregano oil. Ignore the dry herb equivilent. It takes 100 pounds of oregano leaves to make one pound of oregano oil. 600-900 mg/hr of oregano oil is safe...given prior experience...though the die off is much more severe at the higher doses.

The flush is used to kill off and expel yeasts and bacteria while strengthening the immune and capillary systems

The good thing about the oregano oil is that bacteria and yeasts do not become resistant to OOO or mutate.

Reactions expected can range from mild to severe flu-like symptoms. Feeling overly warm, very sleepy, and/or slightly achy and light-headed. You can also have skin eruptions/pimples if you don't drink enough water.

Bowels movements are usually large, loose, and very, very foul-smelling. They are often green colored. You might have multiple bowel movements per day and they might seem like diarrhea though not uncontrollable.

Sometimes the bowels will have ropes of expelled yeasts and look mucousy.

A lot of mucous can be expelled via nostrils and throat as well.

Eventually, eruptions on skin and areas of bacterial/yeast growth on your skin should gradually shrink and disappear.

The OOO will also help your gut but you might also want to get some aloe vera juice and take 1-2 ounces morning and night.

Any other questions/concerns?

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Fri, Jul-20-12 at 07:09. Reason: spellling
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 21:58

BF:
Progress:
Smile

Ok! Thank you Thank you!

I really feel this is working finally as opposed to everything else I've tried.

I feel like I'm coming out of a cloud, no longer embarrased in public because I feel gross because I know I have a fungus problem in my blood stream and head.

It used to take an hour before my eyes would stop burning in the morning after waking.

I've come a long way with goat milk kefir

But this Is really working and my head/ sinus stuff is at least 50% better but not gone.

So......ok, I'll go back on and just deal with this flush warm feeling, not a problem.

I weigh 150 so 75 ounces water at least.

I'll get some aloe for the 2 ounces at night, I know I had leaky gut, had all the symptoms.

I'm pretty sure this started when I was 18 months, near death pnuemonia and 10 very strong anti biotics before they got it under control. I'm 43 now.

I'll be adding some milk kefir and a fermented cabbage juice I just learned how to make to be sure I'm getting some probiotic action during the flush and beyond.

Been doing the milk kefir off and on and that stuff saved my life.

This, I can tell is going to give me back quality of life with my well being and how I feel everyday........normal again!

Again, thank you for replying and for sharing your knowledge with this.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-12, 22:03

BF:
Progress:

I'm not the best message composer, sorry for the wordiness. lol

I really appreciate your help.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-12, 07:04
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I'm glad I could reasssure you.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 21:43

BF:
Progress:

Ok, questions again.

I stopped at 3 weeks, was worried about my liver kidneys again.

I felt fine, great in fact, went out and had 2 cocktails, vodka sodas, this was about 3 days after stopping.......ouch, my liver couldn't handle it, eyes yellow and glossy, liver failure symptoms, itching, nausea etc.

Did I hurt my liver or did I stop too soon?

My symptoms are coming back, and they seem to coming back with a vengeance, I think maybe I have Lymes disease, I get this tingling crawling ticking sensations in my head especially in the behind temples area and down in front of my ears, feels like bugs crawling in there.

I just wonder if I needed to go longer or was I correct to stop because of my concerns, my liver has given me trouble before after cleanses.

Hmm, just suffering now and not sure what to do.

I've started the master cleanse today hoping I'll just knock it out that way and I'm adding in ACV and ginger and Macro Greens powder and using the whole organic lemon with the skin off to get the pithy white stuff in there and all of it in the blender and drink it up.

So far so good on the cleanse except my symptoms have been returning since stopping oregano (maybe there's my clue???)

Scared, I don't want to die from this, I think I have parasites or Lyme disease in my head pretty bad and it's been there a long time now.

I really was doing better with the oregano but it seemed I hit a wall and it wasn't getting to the last of my head crud.....

Thoughts?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 21:49

BF:
Progress:

I should add:

I have a history with things not good for your liver.

Was a painter for years, scraping sanding lead based paints, plus paint fumes

I've had candida for a long long time I believe

I used to be a heavy drinker and occasional drugs

I need some tests I think, somehow without any money or insurance I need to find out what's really wrong with me so I can get it cured and get back to work. My life is ruined........
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-12, 05:34
Finding the Pieces

BF:

How about laying off the oregano oil for a couple of weeks and cleansing with food grade diatomaceous earth? The vitamin C and oregano oil cleanse and heal but if your liver is stopped up with toxins, your body/liver can't eliminate the die off.

Diatomaceous earth will help heal and support your liver. It will cleanse the liver and eliminate the die off effects via your bowels. It will also scrub your colon, eliminate any parasites and worms, and might eliminate the Lyme disease as well.

If you have yeast left, the DE will help eliminate it via the production and elimination of mucous which can be from your bowels, throat, and nose.

You can continue with a smaller dose of vitamin C for additional healing.

Since your problems are so long standing you might want to take short 2 week breaks between 3 week treatment cycles.

It's natural for effects of your infection/infestation to get worse as your body heals and eliminates toxins/parasites. The body learns to tolerate and live with long standing poisons even though they can be debilitating. The effects of such become more severe as the body throws the poisons off. Sort of the opposite of certain medicines...a little can help, a lot can kill.

This is because the body has built dams around the poisons/parasites as much as it can to contain them and protect the body but in order to be treated the cleansers have to breach those dams to get to the toxins/parasites which results in both die off and leakage of the t/p into circulation.

And that's why treatment has to take so long and why there are periods where you feel better and periods where you feel worse.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Wed, Aug-15-12 at 05:52.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-12, 15:10

BF:
Progress:

I stopped the Oregano, did it for 3 weeks, sorry for panicky message, very frustrated. I'm feeling better, I think the Oregano killed off some candida, but was a little hard on my already taxed liver. I'm trying some gentler methods and I'll probably add back Oregano but not so intensive. Thanks for your help.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-12, 15:18

BF:
Progress:

That does help, I think that's wise in my case, take a couple weeks break, I have and have used DE before and I think I'll add that in to what I'm going to do now, which is raw food for a few weeks with some bowel cleansing, I can put the DE in my bulking bowel cleanse drinks, I use either psyllium or chia seeds with either bentonite or zeolite, gse, and juice. I've been doing a lot of liver support after the oregano, milk thistle really helps me, I think my liver is very sluggish and maybe full of candida itself, I do feel better in general and it seems this whole process is like a slow stripping away at whats going on. My other savior is homemade goat milk kefir, I think the whey in it really helps with liver stuff, I've read it helps produce glutathione. So, generally I'm better and I believe the Oregano killed off some candida, was just a bit much for my liver so I'll rotate my treatments and try to do this in a way my body can handle.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-12, 15:22

BF:
Progress:

The other thing I did was detox baths. Peroxide/ epsom salt/ baking soda in hot bath soak for 30 minutes and this time I got in up to my face so I could affect the sides of my head/ temples where this tingling stuff happens, really made a difference! It's candida, I have it in my head tissues and I've just got to keep cleansing it out. So even though my symptoms seemed to be coming back on me pretty hard, the detox baths are knocking it back down, just have to be careful with the peroxide or I get pretty harsh die off. Thanks again.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-16, 18:09

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner
The other thing I did was detox baths. Peroxide/ epsom salt/ baking soda in hot bath soak for 30 minutes and this time I got in up to my face so I could affect the sides of my head/ temples where this tingling stuff happens, really made a difference! It's candida, I have it in my head tissues and I've just got to keep cleansing it out. So even though my symptoms seemed to be coming back on me pretty hard, the detox baths are knocking it back down, just have to be careful with the peroxide or I get pretty harsh die off. Thanks again.

Does anybody know what happened with this fellow, if he was cured?