Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 17:58

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

And 11 days later I am still not under 200####!!!!!
Weighed in at 202 3/4# tonight. At this rate I won't reach my goal weight for 2 years!!!! I had such high hopes!! Well, at least my stats. for my blood work were great: chol. 164, down from 198. and my triglycerides were at 74, down from around 138 I believe. Also LDL AND HDL were in really good range. Blood pressure continues to be a bit higher than it should be, so the NP Tonia put me on a 25gr. beta blocker just before bed. Hasn't made me tired, which I was worried about.
Called Dr. K. office today to set up an appointment to discuss the knee replacement. Have to check on the insurance.
I am going to put my measurements into the body fat calculator and see how bad I am yet. O.K., I'm very bad!! 45.81% body fat!!!!!!!!!!! Guess that gives me something to work on!!!!!!!!
Need to get that under control, and soon!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 15:00

BF:

O>K>, so I am still NOT under 200#!!! I am so frustrated - weighed in at 204.5 on the gym's scale this afternoon (Sat.) I have been so faithful on my excercising, and even though I have added some carbs., I am still way below what I would have eaten before l.c.ing. I still watch my carbs, just added more fruit and veggies that are a bit higher. I am still hoping that I am adding muscle and that is why the scale isn't going down. I measured again today, and have lost some more inches: - 1/4" in the chest, - 1/2" in the abs., - 1 1/4" in my hips, - 1/4" in my thighs, - 1/4" in my calf, and 1" in my forearm and 1/4" in my upper arm area. So all told I lost 3 3/4" this week. Of course, that is if I took measurements right!!!!!!! Will stick with it and really upon Christ's strength to see me through!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 14:30

BF:

Well, gained another 1 3/4 # this week - but I did lose 6 1/4". My butt feels smaller, and my Mother assured me it looks smaller also!!!!!! I have been working really hard to get the upper legs worked out - I want my leg strong for the surger and for the recuperaton afters. Wonder when the muscle will start to burn off the extra fat!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting my faith in Christ and living on His strength!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 19:06

BF:

The scale still says 206 1/4# - but lost more inches this week. I wonder if I will just keep getting smaller, but still stay at 200# my whole life!!! It is frustrating, but I would rather weight more and keep losing inches!!!!!!