Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 12:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/166/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I use the fruit flavors to make "snow cones" with my shaved ice machine. YUMMY!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:14
Registered Member

Stats: 224/185/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 61%

Marchbaby,

What's ziplock Ice Cream? Recipe?
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 21:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Exclamation Which Davinci flavors! Ordering tom! Help!

I am ordering some things off netrition tomorrow, and since the shipping is a flat rate I figure I should get all I can out of this. I already have the DaVinci flavors in...
White chocolate
French Vanilla
Hazelnut
Carmel
Chocolate

Has anyboy tried the cookiedough? Sounds interesting...I was thinking maybe strawberry or watermelon to use with my snow cone machine. What is the Dulce de leche exactly? Chocolate? I do miss my egg nog tho..I just got some Keto Shake mix in Egg Nog flavor. Not too bad...I had pumpkin pie spice to it. The whole purpose for ordering this stuff online is because I cant find the Keto Shake mix in Chocolate Peanutbutter around where I live. Is there anything else worth getting off the website? Has anybody tried the Keto shake in Cappuccino? And whats the difference between Chocolate and Chocolate Fudge? Ive on the boards and cant find much, hopefully someone will respond quick. Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 17:47
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Lightbulb DaVinci NEW Chocolate Sauce

DaVinci’s has come out with a new Chocolate Sauce, a Hershey’s syrup clone. Unfortunately for many of us, it’s partially sweetened with a Maltitol. If you’re one of those folks that don’t stall or have severe digestive upset with sugar alcohols, it may be a welcome additon to the low carb pantry. Here are the nutritional facts:

Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce
Serving size 2 tbsp
Calories 15
Fat 0
Carbohydrates 5
Sugar Alcohol 4g
Protein 1g
Sodium 35mg

Ingredients: Water, maltitol syrup, natural coco, xanthan gum, lactic acid, modified corn starch, salt, natural flavor, sodium benzoate (preservative) sucralose (Splenda brand) potassium sorbate (preservative).
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 15:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 210/183/125 Female 63 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 32%
Lightbulb DaVinci and Kool Whip!

A friend recently told me about a nice little dessert that she makes with DaVinci syrup. Some of you may have tried it. For others, take about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of cold, fresh Kool Whip (the stuff has zero carbs), sprinkle with chopped nuts (I used pecans), and top with a spoonful or two of your favorite DaVinci flavor. I used raspberry and my friend used caramel. At this carb level, you could even top it with a cherry. It makes a heavenly alternative to ice cream, which I love.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by el corazón
I am ordering some things off netrition tomorrow, and since the shipping is a flat rate I figure I should get all I can out of this. I already have the DaVinci flavors in...
........ Is there anything else worth getting off the website? Has anybody tried the Keto shake in Cappuccino? And whats the difference between Chocolate and Chocolate Fudge? Ive on the boards and cant find much, hopefully someone will respond quick. Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions!

Yes,Designer Whey Protein Powder. The 2 lb. can provides like 40 servings, and I think 2 carbs. Someone on this forum uses it to make low-carb shakes. It works well. I got the vanilla, it seemed to have the most possibilities.
DaVinci syrups: banana sucks, like artificial banana candy.
caramel is wonderful. I'm betting the coffe-type-flavors are better than the "fruit" flavors!!!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 06:56

Plan: Low Carb Lifestye, Atkins
Stats: 515/474.5/180 Male 71 Inches
BF:Got Some
Progress: 12%

I have seen these in the LC shops and TJ Max but didnt have any idea what to do with them. I like the idea of having a chai again or a mochachino, any recipe ideas?
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 15:00
Registered Member

Stats: 146/113/105 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 80%
Thumbs up Davinci syrups rock!

I have about 12 flavors and use it for anything I need sweetened or flavored. (I hardly even use Splenda anymore) Its great for flavoring whipping cream, home made SF ice cream, muffins, cheese cake, frosting jello, I use it to make rev rolls, fruit cocktail.
I haven't even tried using it to drink.

I have strawberry, banana, orange, vanilla, cinnamon, caramel, watermelon, Kaluha, grape, chocolate, white chocolate. My absolute favorite is Toasted Marshmallow, it makes the best whipped cream in the world! If you live in or near Vancouver you can buy 12 bottles for $6.72 (I think) CDN each by special order from JJ Bean in Vancouver on Powell St. I have tried the new Davinci chocolate sauce and I don't like it, it doesn't taste like real chocolate at all, not worth the money.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 16:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

Some DaVinci flavors are very good, like hazelnut, vanilla and chocolate. I think the banana sucks.
So, the chcocalte sauce must be REALLY bad.
Tell me, does the watermelon taste like watermelon...or watermelon candy. Same with the strawberry???
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 20:13
Registered Member

BF:

Actually no the watermelon to me doesn't taste like real watermelon or like a Jolly Rancher. Its good as a sweetener for fruit or whipped cream. I can't really say what it tastes like but I doubt I'd get it again, its not one of their best. OMG, the banana is one of my favorites, I love sweet banana candies! I think the chocolate sauce could be tweaked to taste better, its got the consistancy of a thick chocolate syrup, so that's half the battle. The strawberry is good and does taste like strawberry candy or jello.

Last edited by itsshannon : Wed, Oct-08-03 at 20:15.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 08:31

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thank you so much Janeytom for the T.J. Max suggestion!
I never would have thought of looking there! I went yesterday and found two 25.5 oz bottles of French Vanilla and one of Chai for $5.99 each. Good deal!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 09:24

Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

You can't beat a hazelnut latte, or my other favorite, toasted marshmallow.

I just checked the Davinci web site and I cannot believe how many new flavors there are! We have tried banana, blueberry, caramel, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, cola, english toffee, french vanilla, grape, green apple, hazelnut, kahlui caffe, orance, peach, raspberry, root beer, strawberry, toasted marshmallow, and watermelon. But I did notice that red hot cinnamon isn't there; we loved that one!!! The only ones we have tried that I wouldn't buy again are the english toffee and the green apple, at least not for drinking; they might come in handy for cooking, but I rarely use the syrups for that. Well, I do use the french vanilla in Almond Vanilla Pancakes, and I made grape jello once, which was costly but yummy.

Shannon, how much would you use to flavor muffins or a cake?

Karla
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 16:52
Registered Member

BF:

It would depend on the recipe whether it can stand some extra liquid. I've used the Banana syrup in a muffin recipe and put in maybe 2 T, maybe a bit more?? depends how dry the batter is and how strong the syrup is. I've used about the same of the chocolate in a recipe and couldn't even taste it, but it did sweeten it some. Sometimes you'll still need a little Splenda (or Stevia) if the syrup isn't quite sweet enough, but I've put as much as a quarter cup of syrup into whipping cream and it didn't seem to hurt the whipping process. When I make Rev Rolls, I use the Cinnamon syrup and don't even measure, just a splash. Sorry I couldn't be more precise.
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 17:57

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 254/218/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 67%

A dash of Vanilla or Black Cherry to some Diet Rite Cola make old fashioned soda fountain "Vanilla Cokes" and "Cherry Cokes". Another tip is some Marshall's stores here stock these in the houseware section for as low as $4.99 (an no shipping!)
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 18:00
Registered Member

Stats: 215/195/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

We have 2 stores in the bay area called Castus (used to be called Greenbeanz) and they carry the Davinci syrups, only thing is they are $9.95 a bottle. Our business costco sell the sugar free syrups by Torani, the ones you would see in the ice cream shops and whatnot and they make quite a few sugar free one, I checked too 0 carbs per serving, anyhow they are only $3.75 for the large bottles.

But as far as flavors, right now we have the orange and we do as the bottle says. We put a small bit of the syrup over ice, fill up with club soda and put a bit of heavy whipping cream and we have a wonder 50/50 bar soda!