Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2371   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 05:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

darn I hit post...haha

SO MY BRAIN went into action.

I am cooking enough of my low kcal type meals for 2 days.

Today I am making sautee'd chicken and few crowns of brocc. and adding a tad of alfredo sauce and few slivers of fresh parm in it and then making enough of it for 2 low kcal meals.

I am fighting NOT cooking ya know. Yes I hate the kitchen that much!!!! But I am realizing I MUST get into the kitchen and cook the food I need to make this plan a go.

Then next down day will be shrimp. Will cook enough for 2 low kcal days and so forth.

I've been slacking in 'thinking about' and 'prep/preparing/plan' for plan meals kinda lately. Eating more on the fly type thing and that is not good for me. Tight known control is where I do best so I have to put me back there.

I did buy a ton of broth again so I have it readily available in the pantry.

So today is:
broth whenever thru the day

dinner is 4 oz sautee'd chicken...about 180 kcals
1/4 cup alfredo sauce....about 90 kcals
1/4 cup shredded parm...110 kcals
8 brocc. florets...60 kcals

puts me at 440 about for that filling meal and then broth will fill up the other kcals needed. If absolutely needed I will jump on a can of tuna (60 kcals) and 1 tablespoon of mayo (100 kcals) as my backup must have food or die situation LOL....that still will put me in the 600 range mostly and to me that is not bad at all for a down day.

ok, enough on that, I NEED to think about how I arrange my food, not you guys LOL

might hit mall today but kid seems very very very tired and I doubt she wants out of the house. will see on it....she needs more tops etc so....will see if she has the gumption to drag herself out of the house to shop or not

cloudy. temps might break here finally, would be nice

ok, so am devising my down day GO TO food list now. Will hang on the fridge and force myself to cook enough for another low kcal day meal and put up my own meal for the day after.

Shrimp. chicken. tuna. possible salad...what nasty old few veg. I might be able to choke down like some mushrooms or brocc. or asparagus as a filler side.

ugh gotta run I can't think anymore about this all...lol...great day all
Sponsored Links
  #2372   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 06:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Hahaha you had me laughing my butt off over your frozen meals experience!! I haven't tried any beef ones yet but the turkey ones have been all right with me. You are right that there is very little meat in them for sure. I mean, LITTLE. I'm really needing/preferring two meals on these down days over one big one, so I can make it work. I do a wrap and a quarter apple for one, and then a frozen meal and quarter apple for the other. Add in a coffee and a diet chai and I am finishing right around 500 for the down days with no hunger or unhappiness.

The great beauty of the plan is that we are given ~500 calories to work with and a blank slate on how that is actually going to be accomplished! Lends itself to a lot of creativity and frankly, WAAY better meals when only one is eaten in a day.

It has been sort of shocking to learn the kcals of everything. Like, I grilled two chicken breasts and then decided to weigh out what 2 ounces looks like. You know what it looks like? It looks like NOTHING! I was really shocked. And that is a very lean meat. That part of it has been super informative as well. Just realizing how many calories are in portions, and by and large I am not really a volume eater. I'm learning that every person in this country eats more by volume than they should, even low and middle volume eaters!

Lori- I am glad you keep sharing about your meals. I really wonder, when DS17 goes off to school next year, if I can get DH on board with trying this. He is pretty picky but your DH seems to be faring well. It really might be worth a shot and at the very least keep things more interesting.

Enjoy your day with the house all to yourself!

Jaz- Safe travels and have a great trip with those littles! So you will see them two weekends in a row? Your DD has done a great job with training them. I had mine doing the same thing with the 'quiet time' concept. I desperately needed that break each day!

Jaz, it's up to you but I strongly suggest that you read the book and get an overview. It is meant to be an up-cal day alternating with a down cal day and I couldn't tell if you were getting that with your plan to get 7 frozen meals? You definitely don't want to do strings of down days. You know? The alternating is meant to protect lean muscle, support the thyroid and keep the metabolism from going wonky.

Also, get just a couple of frozen dinners, that way if you love them as much as Trig did, you won't be stuck!

My book club just read "Enchantress of Numbers" which was MEH, IMO, and then I picked "Look How Happy I'm Making You" which is a book of short stories for mine, which I haven't yet read. I'll take it on my Kindle and read it on the trip. My turn is October 1.

Sounds like Bees hit you hard. It has been many years since I read it and in fact I wouldn't mind rereading it at some point.

Right now I am reading two Certification books: "The Wonder Weeks" and "Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Guide"(or something like that) and then I am also reading "The Gifted School" and "Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World."

••••••

Today will be a 'medium' day. Technically it should be an UP day but I really want to save my UP day for Football Sunday. We'll see. Maybe I will do two medium days. I've gotta think on it.

Down again today for a total of 3.6 down since starting about ten days ago. This is really working for me thus far in pretty much every way. I feel happy, I am enjoying the every other day of 'freedom' yet not losing my mind.. in fact, for the last year or two this is about how far I would make it on LC before falling off the wagon and undoing everything plus some. Not saying this is some magic bullet or panacea, but it is meeting my psychological and mental needs right now in regards to weight loss. I desperately needed a change and an ease of restriction.

Oddly, I feel more uncertain about the UP days at the moment than the Down days. Having the 'whole world' open to me is sort of intimidating!

I got two of my lessons completed yesterday so I am pretty well caught up. The only one not completed is the one that released yesterday, and I will save it to do at my Mom's. I'm actually taking several things to work on there because there will be a literal crap ton of time with NOTHING going on. She will sleep long, long hours and likely not appear until the afternoon, and her DH is nice enough but very difficult to talk to as 1) he can't really hear and 2) he is not a good conversationalist. I tire of that quickly. So I will mostly be hiding in the bedroom I guess. I've never even been to his house before. Ugh, I'm trying not to think about it because the whole thing sounds unbearably awkward when I do.

I'm taking a couple of certification books, my book club book, my lesson to do and my computer. That should do me. I just pray that they can figure out their wifi password or else I will be very sad!

My Mom is also driving me a bit nuts about the car sale (part of the reason I am going.) She needs to find the title and she hasn't 'gotten around to it' yet. I'm arriving on MONDAY. So hopefully that can be located at her house (oh lord) or at the bank or else we are going to have to jump through many hoops with this car purchase that will really drag things out.

I leave ATL on Thursday morning, pick up a woman I have not yet met that is my friend's friend, and then we head to Blue Ridge, GA for the Girl's Weekend. I *think* that will be fun. There are four of us, including me, and I know one of them. The other two I don't know yet, although we have all texted and they sound fun.

I am happy to say that I have the basement level to myself, god love my friend!, which has a bedroom, bath and a little den and kitchenette. I will be able to escape when I need to!

DH and I might go see a movie today called "Brittany Runs a Marathon" which looks super cute. I am also thinking about trying to make some homemade gummies out of Crystal Light drink mix. That would be a great low cal snack to take along with me! I saw a recipe for it online.
  #2373   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 08:39

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello my buds!

I miss you all. This will be short because SD is here for weekend. But I just wanted to tell you I started the EOD plan thanks to you guys. At first I was like...no way. But then I warmed up to the idea. Will explain more later. I absolutely love it. I have not been this determined and hopeful in a long time!

Started September 3rd. Down seven. And that is with eating some enjoyable stuff on my UD’s!

Will post my menu’s. I love learning from you guys and see what you eat on DD.

Doing OK. Still unsteady and extreme lethargy due to meds. But I am very confident there will be a reduction in meds soon due to weight loss!

KMom
  #2374   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 08:57

BF:

Hey KMOM! Great to hear from you!

I am really happy that you found something that is working for you and are joining some of us in that. And you have had great progress!

Would love to hear what you are eating and enjoying on your UDs and DDs.

I am surprised by how my appetite has gone down. I made a single serving of stove top oatmeal (the slow cooking kind) and bacon today and I didn't finish the oatmeal and managed only a piece and a half of bacon. I am quite full and extremely satisfied!
  #2375   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 10:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

KMom!!! So good to see you! So glad you were reading along and decided to try the EOD diet and are having success with it. We must remember to be patient and just keep going along.

Hope to see you posting more soon!

Biggest hugs!
  #2376   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 19:53

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

HEY KMOM- have thought of you often-WELCOME back!!!!!!

Hy all those nuggets wore me out- Hitting the bed. TRIG I read your post and NIC' post.I have not shopped yet. stupid and got a healthy salad -moe tomorrow- drop tired
  #2377   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 05:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Up and ready for my diet day. It may be a bit of a struggle since I did myself no favors with my eating yesterday. I will not list all the "things" that I shoved down my neck, but it was nothing of substance. Not a lot of any one thing, just a bunch of stuff. Sigh....

Yesterday was rainy, dreary and cool. I ran a few errands, but other than that, I stayed in. Today is starting a bit foggy, but I'm hoping the sun comes out and it warms up just a bit. I really need to get out for a walk today.

I have clothes laid out for my trip, but have to check the weather forecast again to see if I have to make any adjustments before packing. I'm anxious to go.....just need a change of scenery.

Jaz.....I'm sure you were a tired girl after spending the day with the grands. Those littles can wear you out! Did they take a nap for you? What do you have on the go for today?

Trig...I laughed about your frozen meal experience. Like you, I would not be able to handle the "beef" gristle stuff. Makes me cringe just reading about it. You cooking stuff ahead of time in preparation for diet days is a great idea. I've been relying on eggs, but I know I'll get sick of them before long.

Nic...Hope you have a great time at your girl's weekend. How nice that they have given you a whole floor to yourself! You may need some time alone from time to time.

I hope your Mom manages to locate the car title. Not having it will sure add a bit of a snafu to the transaction.

Blue....thinking about you and wondering how you're feeling. A sinus infection on top of the flu bug....what a gut punch. Check in when you can.

KMom...hope you check in again soon and let us know how you're doing.

My plan for the day is to do a fat fast until having a couple eggs for dinner tonight. I'll wait until Noon to have some MCT oil in a cup of coffee. I need to remember to drink extra water today too.

I think when I get home from vacation, I'm going to have to track a few up days to make sure I'm eating enough. I know it sounds weird, but if I let this become just another low calorie diet, it will backfire on me. I watched a great YouTube video the other day about the difference between fasting and the old standard low calorie diet and why and how the body simply adjusts your metabolism when you eat low calorie for an extended time. The video was by a holistic Dr. and very interesting. I may go watch it again today for some inspiration.

Ok gang....make it a good Sunday!
  #2378   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 06:33

BF:

Jaz- You sound worn out, Girlie. Hope you got lots of good rest! Little kids plus a road trip there and back will take a toll!

Lori- I think your Up days plan coming back is a good idea. Seems like between the group and also reading the book, that keeping things too low calorie for too long does actually backfire. I do see people doing that but I don't think it is good for their bodies or for their metabolism.

Plus, I do not want my hair to fall out again, nor to be cold all the time! lol

•••••

Dh and I did go to see Brittany Ran a Marathon yesterday. It was not very good, in our opinion. We stopped in at BWW first and indulged in a shared order of cheese curds, which is my most favorite appetizer of all appetizers. It is the holy grail of salty snacks! I don't use the dressing nor did I eat all my half but dang is it delicious! So that, a breakfast of a single serving of slow cooked oatmeal and a slice and a half of bacon, a kids' portion of popcorn, a few raisinets from his box and an icee rounded out my quite naughty day. That being said, I didn't eat anything more from like 3:30 on and started eating yesterday around 10, so I guess that helps a little bit. Not a day long feast or anything!

Weighed in at minus .2 today for 3.8 down on Day 12. Today will be my last day before I go out of town and I'm doing about an 800 calorie day. I have two frozen meals picked out for the day that are higher calorie than I would normally have- around 300 each- along with half a large apple and coffee. That will be my day. Even though it is a football day and I wanted an Up day, I feel like I also want to clean things up from yesterday and go into Monday feeling a bit cleansed.

Heading out Monday so I will start to get packed up tonight.

GO RAVENS!!
  #2379   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 06:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

WOW fabulous talk about the EOD eating plan.

HI KMOM....so cool you are down 7 from eating this way. Love that. Happy to hear from you and you keep on trucking and doing well!!!

Nicco, your trip planned sounds fab!! Lucky you!
I loved loved your post about EOD.
I am like you definitely. I am finding this is a way more balanced mental lose weight plan. It is not as much torture involved mentally I think. It is like EVERYONE can do 1 low kcal day....and then the next day you get to have an UP day (of course most still watch what they do wat on this day) but it gives a mental relief to the 'diet plan' ya know. I find it helping me also that way and I am so glad you typed that out and threw out your thoughts on it.

You mentioned the beauty of what to do with the 500 kcals on a day. I love that. You set up a great structure for yourself. The 2 meals do you perfect cause you want that. I am finding the whole 500 kcals should go into one meal and if before I need anything, I sip some broth maybe...leaving me at about 540 kcals for the day. I find 1 bigger meal suits me.

Like yesterday I did my brocc/chicken alfredo meal and it was super filling. I did get a pang of, oh I could eat one more thing right now after this, but I said, nope....you can eat some nice sausage in the morning and be happy then and I got away with that thought and it eased my mind knowing I was 'not on a diet' tomorrow. I could eat all my nice meats as I wanted and be freer with my food. (not ever going into carby land again tho LOL) but it gave peace of mind.

The I can do this for one day and 'diet' is doable for me also.

And I so agree with you that portions are small!! I got out my kitchen scale again. Omg I thought my 4 oz of chicken WAS SMALL, heck your 2 oz had to be microscope HAHA....then it said 4 brocc florets was 30 kcals so I had to dig out 8 florets only to put in my alfredo and it was like....8 to hold kcals down? heck I wanted about 12 at least for fill-ability in my tummy but I held at 8. I am writing down my meal numbers. Like chicken/brocc alfredo. 4 oz chicken. 8 florets. 1/4 cup alfredo sauce. 2 tablespoons parm. That way I can see it immediately what goes in it and control it. So I know instantly what portions make up a 500 kcal meal for me.

means I got to put in some work but it is cool...like the work you did on your wrap and 1/4 apple. You know the ingredients, the amts and you have that meal down pat and useable in your low kcal day.

AND A MONSTER CONGRATS on your losing again!!!! It must feel great to get a handle on something that has you interested and results are coming.

Lori thanks for that good EOD info you posted.
and I get ya on needing to track for a bit. Make sure you are not 'dieting on UP days' like you would control yourself before. You need to find that good mental balance also like we do between the Ups and Downs. I get it

A change of scenery....omg I so get that! Lucky you that trip is gonna be great.

HI ALL

so I just had to get on the scale....down 4!! WEE!! I am happy with that.

I do not want to get that SUPER anxious, lose 25 overnight worry in my brain. This is going to go up and down and not move lbs. too fast, but it is all about focusing on the UP and DOWN days and keeping that in tow. I will not get on the scale again til at least Oct. 15 next month or so. 1 month. No scale. Just concentrate on the Up and Down days only. Any lbs that happen to go by the wayside go by the wayside, LOL. I will see in a month from now if I lost and how much and put it against the work I had to endure doing it. Yea a little experiment for me now on all this.

Get my meal receipe planned out so I have default meals for low kcal days. very important for me. I have to make the most filling and packed meal I can for that 500 kcal allowance LOL So working on that.

today is UP eating day

off to mall later. opens at 1 on sunday. kid needs tshirts, a few nice shirts and a few pairs of pants. ugh. I have no want to go here but we gotta so I don't know if I will eat now or eat at the food court????? Hmmmm thing is at the food court my only option is a salad type situation OR I CAN get a side of teriyaki chicken from one of the Chinese places BUT I know that it is SO sugar loaded that sauce......see now my mind is playing here.....do I not allow that sauce in my day or do I? since I am on a different eating plan is it OK to go there? Hmmmmm...I mean I have eaten it before sometimes thru my days but now I am thinking it is more acceptable? when it really shouldn't be?

ok I talked myself into it.....eating sausage, bacon and eggs BEFORE going to the mall. They can get whatever they want at the food court, I will just drink water and watch them eat....which is fine I have done that before and will do it again in my lifetime HAHA

ok matter settled on that.

off to get moving a bit
still SO friggin' hot here....the nights...omg SO hot...no air moving. Just like an oven, even at midnight, just so stagnant and oppressive. AC still going full speed here

great day all
  #2380   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 09:26

BF:

LORI- - I what You tube did you listen too? I listen to those ALL the time! What day are you leaving?
YOU cracked me up when you wrote you wished it would WARM UP!!!HAHAHA- Hop on highway 75 and drive south about 350 miles, and you will be sweating your drawers off!!!
Hopefully though your beach time will be awesome!!!!

NIC- - Awhhh- that is sweet your friend gave you your space complete with a kitchenette and your private bathroom! You will have fun. Are you going anywhere during the girls weekend? Is this another gal pal you met on line? Funny how that works!
Just look at LORI and her England house experience!

TRIG-
- Of course I am watching you the closest to see how this plan is working for you! You and I have the one foot on the line for carb sensitive bodies! Can't tolerate them!
Plus- Like you I would EAT right though a gastric sleeve the day I got out of the hospital.
It does happen in the BRAIN!!!! - yes there are other factors- illness, stress, ect..... but the most important place and perseverance is in our minds!
You are right- I never EVER thought I would be fat AGAIN!!!!- Being thin truly is an amazing feeling. I want it again.

So you are venturing out to the mall. Share what you get! She doesn't shop on line like you do?

BLUE- - I hate to have you gone so long and suffering a 2 punch. I have visions of you curled up with boxes of Kleenex and a red nose and coughing your head off! XOXOXOXOXO- feel better.

KMOM- - it was awesome to "see" you again. Have you been reading along for a bit? Long enough I gather to put into place a 7 pound LOSS- Very good!!!!!
Glad to see you back!
-----------------------------------------------
Hey Ladies!!!!- I am going UP in pounds and you ALL are going down! Hummmmmmmmm!!!!!
I am happy for you and can hear the hard work and joy to get that kick start.

I am a bit envious - in a good way. Makes me want to get on that band wagon too. I just don't think it is structured enough. Right now for me- everything in my life seems to be spinning and that includes the WOE and my weight is up close to 7 pounds in the last couple months. There is no more loss- inch up and up and up. I FEEL it too!!! That is the clincher. Shorts I was able to wear at the beginning of summer I can't button.

I really think I am am eating better than most people. I am a clean eater- but the tummy troubles on and off have tossed a monkey wrench into everything. I also know 100% that stress is the core of all of this. I literally can trace back to my job change. I am thinking all of this is taking a toll on me and not my worth health anymore.

The thing is- I need to start interviewing and have nothing to wear!
I need that kick start and then I could take it from there.

After reading TRIG's post- I dunno......... I am re thinking the frozen meal deal. I am about taste as well.
I NEED to really give this thought today!!!! I have not shopped yet! Yesterday was a salad bar day.
I feel good about yesterday's eating though.

Slept 11.5 hours last night- so exhausted. I wonder how truck drivers do it. They drive every day sometimes 12 hour days EVERYDAY? I am driving 4-5 hours everyday and seeing patients 5 days a week plus charting.

Yesterday was 4 hours of driving as well- and the littles. Two games of Candy Land and book after book after book and lap time did me in!!! Enough of me- I am tired of thinking about all of it.

I am taking 4 days off the 2nd week of Nov. 2 days on each side of a weekend! I also might put a day in Oct somewhere on a Fri. Then I am taking a the week of Christmas off. That will use up all my time off if I make it that long!
But it gives me something to look forward to!

TODAY: I am staying home for the most part. I haven't done laundry for the week yet- need clothes for next week. Sheets and towels- about 3 loads. I slept in until 9:30 and it is now 10:30- slow moving morning and enjoying my coffee. Turned off my phone so I can just enjoy quiet time!

I have to shop for meals today. I have no idea what to eat. I am thinking I will just buy for today and tomorrow, PERIOD.
I am thinking a piece of fish, or crab cakes and green beans, or salad.
I don't mind my kitchen. It is relaxing to me to cook. I just cook so much - again I have talked about wasting too much. Which is why I am thinking a 2 day shop only. And then take it 2 days at a time.

Heat is still here and we are all heat weary. A "cold front" will PLUNGE our temps to 88-89 for a couple days, then the heat is expected back! - WHOOT 89- Hottest summer of my lifetime- and longest!!!!

Besides laundry and a FAST trip to grocery- hair in pony tail on top of my head- no makeup, and my leggings with a comfy top. Remember those "loud" leggings? YUP- my skull pants, like them. Like wearing nothing. However they leave nothing to the imagination!

PS- Bella back leg is better. It was a wrong "landing" that left her limping for 2 days- but all good now.

Have a good one. First laundry spinning, dishing going in washer, and shopping list in process. I might actually email mail in my order so I don't even have to go in. Less temptation to buy more. They do that ya know. Krogers has curbside service. No temptation to waste and impulse buy.
Pull in and they put it in back of your car, and you drive away.

Gotta go! Figure this out
  #2381   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 10:44

BF:

Here is the link on YouTube regarding IF & calorie restriction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obpI0rHoNPY
  #2382   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 15:45

BF:

Thanks LORI! I will check it out!

Another 100+ index heat- melting here.
Went and shopped. could not do the little processed meals.
Bought chops, steak burgers, chicken, fish,
green veggies, asparagus, broccoli, greenbeens,
fresh salsa
chopped salad
Eggs

Water, and tea, ready for the week- Noting outrageous. It is 530 and after sleeping almost 12 hours yesterday I am ready to sleep. I am counting down the hours and FORCING myself to stay awake.

I am wondering if I am normal- (cheesy here I know)- this is not ok. I could sleep another 12-15 hours. I am so tired. I am even too tired to figure out why...... I have test after test- all normal. Tired- of it all. I want the quick fix- and some dam energy. Not I am think is it JUST stress? I am the healthcare provider for gods sake. I have racked and racked my brain. Why am I SOOOOOOOO tired? It is overload of cortisol?Maybe so- and one day of sleep is not enough.

Dam thinking out loud.
Dinner tonight was good. Plain burger- salt and pepper and garlic powder. Then chopped cabbage and lettus with Italian dressing. one very small 1/4 cup red potatoe steamed. Very small- carbs maybe 6
1 glass (serious just one wine- 5 carbs/ 250 calories) NO DAIRY. one tbs ketchup for burger. no mayo.

That was it- except splash of coconut milk for morning coffee.

Today has been busy with laundry, grocery in 100 degree heat, library.

Hope you all had good day. Going to look at positions tonight. Cleaned up kitchen. Going to bed EARLY-
Didn't have energy to finish chart from Friday. I need to do that tomorrow morning.
I need to retire. This is too much.

Speaking of I took myself off the date site. Not ready. Not at this weight- no way no how!
I am too young to feel this way. Seriously-

Going to prop up feet and make up my bed. Where the hell did JAZ go?
  #2383   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 17:10

BF:

Will write more in the morning but wanted to give Jaz a big hug. BIG BIG HUG. And girl, if those are your calories for the whole day, I don't know how you are doing it unless that was a down day.

Hugs hugs and more hugs to you, dear friend.
  #2384   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-19, 17:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals and pals.

Just a quickie to let y'all know I think I'm turning the corner AGAIN, back to feeling better. Still lower energy than I like but definitely feeling better. Now I'm going to go back and read up and catch up. So hope to be back tomorrow with personals and some more energy! Really miss chatting it out here.
  #2385   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-19, 04:10

BF:

Good Morning!

DH & I both were ready to get up at 5AM. Can you say long day? I have a Chiro appt at 10 this morning, but not much else going on today.

Scale continues to plague me. I cannot get below 168.4!! I guess I shouldn't complain, but I would love to see a new low. It is a month today since I started the EOD diet and I'm down 6.2 lbs. I feel thinner and think I look thinner, but that darn scale!

I really think I need to track on my UP days to be sure I'm getting 1800-2000 calories. I really don't think I am and that could be part of my "stall". I'm going to work on getting a lot of good fat in my eating today.

I talked to DSis on the phone yesterday and she is so excited for our trip. I'm going to head to her place on Wednesday and plan to get there around 1. She'll have to leave around 2 to go pick up her granddaughter at school and then stay with her till her Mom gets home around 5. After that Sis and I will be free! We'll go out for dinner on Wednesday night and go pick up some supplies(beer) to take along. We plan to leave around 9 Thursday morning. We'll have 5-6 hours on the road. I don't mind the drive as we chat the whole time.

I think I'm going to try to fat fast until Noon most days while I'm away. I'll have black coffee first thing while we walk on the beach and then for my 2nd cup I'll throw in a pat of butter and maybe some cream or half and half. Then I'll eat(and drink) at will until probably around 7 when we finish our dinner. Hoping I can keep from gaining too much, but still enjoy some good food.

------

Jaz.....wish I had some words of wisdom for you regarding your weight loss struggles. Like Nic said, if that is all you ate yesterday and that is like most days, it sounds like you're undereating....as far as calories go. I hate to say it, but your wine is probably not doing you any favors. As I understand it, any fat burning ceases while your body deals with the toxin(alcohol). Of course, you know all that and it seems ridiculous for me to be telling you anything as you are the professional!

Blue...glad to see you post a line so we know you are still hanging on! You have been thru the wringer! Enough already, right?

Trig.....congrats on your 4 lbs down!! Woohoo!! Hope your scale doesn't get stuck like mine has! I'm not discouraged......just have to keep plugging along, right?

Nic....sounds like you are rocking the EOD and enjoying it! I really am too, just need to tweak my UP days a bit to make sure I'm eating enough...isn't that weird to say when your goal is to lose weight?

I'm sure you're in trip planning mode. Making sure all your ducks are in a row. I tried to get DH to tell me what food he wanted me to have here for him, but he had no ideas, so whatever. I told him that I know he's a big boy and can take care of himself.

Time for a cup of fat coffee while I decide what I want to eat today!
Closed Thread