Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 10:17
dan_rose dan_rose is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 147
 
Plan: None
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Location: Loughborough, UK
Default Drugs vs gut bacteria

Never thought of this, but seems obvious now:
Quote:
The microbes in our guts could explain why people react differently to drugs, and lead to ways of making treatments work better...
(New Scientist)

A Star Trek hypospray (when we get one) would bypass the gut .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 13:05
GRB5111's Avatar
GRB5111 GRB5111 is online now
Posts: 3,078
 
Plan: Ketogenic (LCHFKD)
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%
Location: Herndon, VA
Default

Interesting, and it does make sense. Thanks, Dan.
Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-19, 17:13
Ms Arielle's Avatar
Ms Arielle Ms Arielle is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 11,908
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/214/153 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Location: Massachusetts
Default

Yes, watched a video yesterday in which pomagranate juice and cranberry juice increased the gut population of A......... which is credited for colon cancer prevention. Cant find my notes at the moment but the study started with 20% of patients responding to treatment but why the other 80% did NOT respond.

Glass of real pure pomegranate juice was consumed for several weeks, like 3-4. Sorry I cant find my notes.

The microbe is not available by pill. Can only feed the existing population to increase their numbers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:37.


Copyright © 2000-2019 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.