Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 12:08

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

Relora is the herbs without the DHEA. Maybe try that and see if it's the DHEA that's messing you up. --GAil
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-08, 10:48

Plan: blood type
Stats: 173/173/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default tamij, this is an old thread but...

you started out this post talking about your endocrinologist putting you on glucophage. i've had severe fibro and cfs for over 10 years now and did do a lot of exploring into the the cortisol connection.

my question is this: do you think it was the glucophage that actually started you on the road to feeling so much better? a friend of mine wrote to me abouta friend of hers who had all of my symptoms. her doctor put her on glucophage and she is now recovered and doing excellent stuff.

so i'm wondering, was it the glucophage, less sugar, that started you on the road to recovery? did you stick with the glocophage? it is primarily the glucophage connection i'm interested in, but here's another question: did the cortisol thing pan out for you? it never did for me.

thanks in advance if you are still out there. ~laura
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 20:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/148/128 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Can I take Relacort and Reli-lean together or would that be too much of something?
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 01:37

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deciedee
Can I take Relacort and Reli-lean together or would that be too much of something?

That's a good question. I have been trying to find the answer to that for about 45 minutes now. Google isn't helping much. But, I have decided I am going to at least try the Relacort since it has DHEA in it.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 14:03
Registered Member

BF:

I have fibro/diabetes and would like to try the Relia lean. I went to the link and they no longer carry it.
any idea where I can get it?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 11:16

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deciedee
I have fibro/diabetes and would like to try the Relia lean. I went to the link and they no longer carry it.
any idea where I can get it?

Not a clue on the Relia Lean. I got Relacore at Walmart last night took a dose with supper and I took a dose this morning. I don't know how many days it takes to kick in. I will take this til it's gone and see what happens.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-09, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: Organic Whole Food
Stats: 182/163/120 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamij
i was diagnoised w/fibro-cfs -and a multitude of other ailments over the past 10 years-w/ little to know relief.
Until recently when i was diagnosed w/ diabetes-what does this have to do w/ the others-

Well my general Dr. sent me to a Endocronoligist and the first blood test he ran was to check my cortisol levels(stress reaction hormone) mine were off the chart-my life is no more stressful than anyone else-however based on this info-before starinf me on glucophage(oral insulin)he advised i read the book The Cortisol Connection asap-and try a natural approach to reduce my cortisol levels-I did both immediately
I got the book at barnes and noble(found on line also)-i did a ton of research on line about cortisol and its effects on the body(went to google and typed in word"cortisol")and went to The National Society for Endocronoligists web page-found out a ton of info

Elevated cortisol levels torture the body w/heart disease-diabetes-belly fat-sad-cfs-fibro-blod sugar issues-carb cravings and Syndrome X (insulin resistence syndrome)and a multitude of other ailments our over stressed society is plagued with-READ THE BOOK-OPEN YOUR DOOR TO A PAIN FREE LIFE-and help others do the same-

my Dr. also suggested I take Relacore(found at GNC)or Rela-cortin and the change is amazing-i really can not describe it in word-go on line do some research and find some info if I do not convince you ----

But I swear my life is soooooo much better now I want to shout it to everyone!!!!!
tamij

I just did a ton of research because I had a lot of these symptoms. And I found out that being in ketosis causes a "fight or flight" syndrome in your body which in turn stimulates the adrenal glands which in turn causes cortisol to be high! Could our low carb diets be causing the problem?!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-09, 05:31

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Sorry, but I can't agree with that hypothesis. My fibro is horrific when I'm NOT doing low carb and completes goes in remision when I do what I know I'm supposed to be doing. So I don't think it has anything to do with cortisol for me.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 10:25
Registered Member

BF:

do you know if the reliacore or the others can be taken while on other meds, such as neurontin?
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 20:00

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

shhee, I have one adrenal gland, one lost to a tumor. I have been low carbing on and off for yrs I have fibro and cfs, I have had Diabetes since I was 16. So I have to also disagree that Low carbing causes a strain on Adrenals, I would be dead by now.