Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/228/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question Blisters and Calluses

Hi all, I just have a couple of questions about blisters and calluses. I have just started working out again a couple of weeks ago and I can’t seem to develop enough calluses to stop getting blisters. I have the right size shoes and I’m assuming it’s just because I have funny toes that sit on top of each other. So far I have tried putting baby powder in my shoes and on my feet before each workout. This helped some as my feet only start to hurt 30-45 min in as opposed to right away. I did pick up some blister pads that help cushion while they heal but then a bunch of the skin pealed off the blister and now I’m wondering if I have to go through the callus process again. How do you guys deal with the first few weeks back at the gym? I’ve been taking a day off in between gym days because I need to be able to walk but I really want to start going every day. Any ideas on how long it will be fore I start doing that? Also is using something like moleskin a bad idea because I’ll never develop calluses and have to keep using it forever?
Thank you so much,
Carmen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 10:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I assume you're doing aerobics and the like? You might want to focus more on weight training and/or resistance exercises and limit aerobic training to no more than 30 minutes and not every day. Too much aerobic exercise actually slows down many people's resting metabolic rate by up to 15%!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Scien...pd_bxgy_b_img_y

Anyway, that'll also help with the blisters.