Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 01:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/154/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Exclamation Not hungry

Is it normal not to feel hungry at all?? I am day 11 and I am having to force myselk to cook and eat as i am not hungry. I am having 3 meals a day (b'fast at 9am, lunch at 2pm and dinner at 8pm) without really anything in between. I could go without dinner at all.

Is this usual ?????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 06:32

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yes, it's usual and it can be dangerous if you're not eating adequate food at those meals. If you look around the forum you'll find many posts on how eating too little can slow fat loss, eventually. You'll also come across some good advice on how to increase calories with fat, if that is needed.

The good news is this lack of appetite doesn't last forever - your hunger will return eventually.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 07:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/154/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I wonder if that is why I am not loosing weight ?? In 11 days I have only lost 4 pounds.

Only had some korma chicken today so far as I have been stuck in meetings and its 2.50pm !!! Still not hungry though
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 23:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%

In the first several weeks of LCing, I often had periods of low appetite. It came and went; so will yours. Sometimes my low appetite went along with a kind of very low-grade nausea. Just make sure you eat, like Natrushka says.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 23:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

If you don't think you have the appetite to eat large meals 3 times a day, you could try splitting it up into 4 or 5 smaller snack-meals ... no more than 3 hours apart. I appreciate that you're stuck at meetings though, and wouldn't have anything handy unless you planned carefully in advance to have some easy to eat protein food with you .. some beef jerky, slim jims or cheese strings for example.

You may want to plan for that soon anyway .. as the others have stated, your appetite will return and you'll want to be prepared. Dr Atkins states you should not go longer than 6 waking hours without eating anything.

hth,

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:46
Registered Member

Stats: 122/117/105 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress:

Neither my husband and I feel hungey anymore. I still feel like I want to pick and nibble but not because I am hungry. You must eat though to continue to loose weight. It is a very strange feeling though not feeling hungry isn't it.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 22:35

Stats: 185/170.5/145 Female 63in
BF:39%/34.7%/24%
Progress: 36%

sweetness: CHOCOLATE. (sorry, i just couldn't resist.)

i have no hunger in induction. i have to eat on purpose, and OMG its wonderful! ive never been in control like this eating HC. but put my on premaintainance, and my cravings come back with a bang!