Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-06, 13:00

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Back to it after a long summer/autumn hiatus. I won't be posting my daily workouts here however... It's just more of the same, only with less weight
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-07, 04:54

BF:

OK, it's the start of a New Year, and I'm going to begin working out again... as soon as I get over this cold.

Meanwhile I've been playing around on a new toy I picked up this summer. Playing around perhaps a bit too much Yeah that's me. It's fun (and so far harmless), but I need to spend more time being productive and getting fit again.

So without doing the 'new year's resolution' thing, which usually ends in failure, I'm still going to try to do a bit of exercise every day and post about it! Somebody please kick me if I fail to do so

Last edited by IdahoSpud : Mon, Jan-08-07 at 05:25.
  #558   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-10, 13:18

BF:
Default Bump!

Back after 4 yrs away...
  #559   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 02:21

BF:

Gah. Two more years away.

On the right track. Just finished a week of moving heavy boxes in and out of a big moving van. Active low carbing begins now
  #560   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 16:42

BF:

Soooo... no lifting yet. Still settling into the new house, which also means setting up the gym equipment is very low down on the priority list - Well behind getting the plumbing issues fixed, installing blinds, unboxing my clothes, etc etc etc.

Perhaps I can do some setting up after I get home tonight and spend some time with the family.
  #561   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-12, 05:20

BF:

No physical activity to speak of yet. I am bringing my weight down fairly quickly with a combination of low carb and fasting. I think though that I will up my intake of protein and fat, and do some mild lifting.

It's my understanding that having extremely low caloric intake leads to muscle as well as fat loss. Wanna keep that muscle!

edit: Want to add that using the BMI, I am officially now only overweight!

edit2: My weight room in the basement is being drywalled right now, so I am out of luck as far as having any kind of decent lifting setup
  #562   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-12, 13:09

BF:

205 lbs. 30 down, 30 to go...
... and the holidays are coming up. I will go ahead and have a couple of cheat days. Shouldn't set me back more than a week.

I anticipate starting a lifting/bulking regimen around mid-January.
  #563   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-12, 16:07

BF:

30 minutes of brisk walking with occasional jogging to keep the heart rate elevated.

Trying to decide how best to eat/exercise in order to shed fat while maintaining muscle.
  #564   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-12, 03:15

BF:

Still doing a fasting/very low calorie/Low Carb routine, with the odd cheat meal.

Weight is at 198 today. Now down 37 lbs since Oct 1, losing about 3.8 lbs per week.

Haven't been "exercising" per se, but tonight at work I got more exercise than I bargained for. A hose carrying brine solution cooled off and the brine crystallized into a solid column of salt inside the hose.

So I spent a couple of hours ramming tubing into the hose and beating it with a mallet to break the salt column into smaller pieces that I could flush out with scalding hot water.

Two hours later I was able to get water to flow through the hose again, and hooked it back up to the brine system. I was dripping in sweat, plus I now have two salt-dried hands, and a few burns and cuts. So much fun!

I think it would be way less painful to just lift weights or go for a run
  #565   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-12, 19:21

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

I think the hose breakup work counts as High Intensity Interval Training Lawdy. What kind of hose was this? (I've read the first few posts and last of your journal)
  #566   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 05:46

BF:
Default That hose!

Hiya Mice!!

Thanks for stopping by and having a look at my journal, and taking the time to comment

I have to admit that was not a very pleasant night at work...

The hose I had to deal with is small in diameter, perhaps an inch, and about 15 feet long. I was amazed how difficult it was to break up and flush out the salts. It was as though the hose was full of a solid glass column that wouldn't shatter, dissolve or wash out!
  #567   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 05:53

BF:
Default Low carb, low energy

OK, so still semi-fasting and LC. And in a bit of a stall. This is getting a little bit discouraging.

In retrospect, maybe buying two giant bags of almonds was a mistake, as I later gorged on them!

I am at 197. and have been for a while. Still hanging at my lowest weight.

I don't feel as if I have the energy to exercise right now. Shoveling snow and taking readings when I am on shift is about all I want to do. The readings involve climbing stairs to the top of the boiler, which is about 100 feet up.

At least I no longer have to stop on the landings two or three times on the way up.
  #568   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-12, 23:29

BF:

OK, looks like I finally broke that nasty weight-loss stall that I was stuck in. Decisively. I went from 196 to 193.6 in a single day.

I think it was a combination of eating only a couple of eggs, small portions of cheese, and massive amounts of coffee and Monster Absolute Zero for two days.

Real healthy! LOL.

Last edited by IdahoSpud : Thu, Dec-20-12 at 23:41.
  #569   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-13, 23:13

BF:

Well well. I totally enjoyed the Christmas season, food-wise. Our family has always had a massive Mexican feast on Christmas, and I knocked back a few cervezas as well.

It's nearly impossible to find good tamales in Northern Idaho, so my mother had to bring a dozen of them up from Boise. She also brought a huge pan of her incredible lasagne, of which I probably ate half.

I decided to ignore the scale and enjoy the season. Two weeks of fun after 3 months of pretty austere dieting.

We ate poorly for about two weeks - and I paid the price!

Got on the scale on Jan 4 and I weighed 207.4 lbs. That is a gain of about 15 lbs in two weeks!! Nothing to be proud of, hehe.

On the bright side, in two days of Low carb/low calorie, I am down by 8.4 lbs, to 199 lbs. It's unbelievable how much water I have lost. Can't stop going to the bathroom! Gah!
  #570   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-13, 04:20

BF:

Getting there. Now just 4 lbs above my pre-Christmas low of 193.5. One more week should do it.