Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2146   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 15:19

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

oh NIC- I HATE that!!!!!!!!- OMG- OUR loss!!!!!!!!!!

That's ok- more to look forward to!!!
Have a great night- glad you let us know you re all good!

LORI- I am LOVING you love your AIR FRYER!!!!!- I LOVE mine!!!!
It is PERFECT for 1-2 people!!!- Seriously! I have done cauliflower in it- it was the bomb! Roasted veggies are so good too- and meatballs- yum!
I can't wait to see how you use yours

Today has been good- So so so so hot here. I have my curtains closed / I hate I have to do that. But like in the winter up north/ windows closed- same here with the heat like this.
I will say it is kinda cozy though.

I had OMAD is really working for me. I am losing in ounces !!!!- But I don't feel bloated, I feel like I SHOULD weight less. AndI FEEL good. I think that is key.
I will say though my tummy is really bothering me a lot- like a real lot. I have surpassed muffin top to a SHEET CAKE TOP!

Ok- Well- It's finally under 80 in my house! I have a doll house small house too! Can ya say oppressive here today!
Went to the store early- grocery shopped for the week. Loaded up on chicken and fish.
I am really going top quality with my foods- only the very best! Smaller amounts, but good quality. I still don't want to waste.

I am also thinking about a doing a day a week of total meatless- Just a switch up. sometimes truth be told I like going meatless/ just. What I am NOT saying is a carb fest- Still OMAD- just maybe a stirfry of low carb veggies, collards, hot cabbage, soup, just a lighter day- still OMAD.

Ok all till tomorrow.

Need a kick in the butt to feel good about going to work tomorrow
Sponsored Links
  #2147   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 21:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Suffice to say we all empathize w/that grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr feeling when we've put time and care into communicating w/our pals here and one false move and it's gone!

Lori---Hey, I have a question for you. Do you have a daily carb goal? Perhaps you've mentioned it and I've forgotten or it's changed. Came to mind when I read your post about how well you did at the neighborhood picnic, except for a couple of light beers. I don't do beers, but I'm thinking a light beer can't have that many carbs?

Trig---105! YIKES. I'd be near comatose. Hope it cools down a bit for you.

Jaz---And to you too pal, ugh on the heat. I really couldn't take it for as long as you guys in the south do. I know you feel the same about our winters, but while it's true they can be rigorous, and you do have to keep your windows closed, you CAN bundle up on 95% of winter days and get outside and take a walk, put some apples in your cheeks. When it's that hot there's NOWHERE but inside to go.

Again, you sound so good on the woe. But I'm wondering what your tummy troubles are about? I say so because I do sometimes feel that when I'm doing OMAD. The cream iced coffees or bullet proof coffees in the cooler weather do curb my appetite, but sometimes I feel just a bit nauseous, and it comes and goes, passes. Think it might be the richness of the fat on an empty stomach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always thinking about how to bob and weave w/the woe, and my latest thought is I really have to watch what I order LC when I'm out. In restaurants I know and trust, I'm fine. But had a nasty meal at a new and hipster restaurant on Saturday. Chicken wings and green beans. Should have been fine, but the wings weren't done enough for me, and the green beans were "charred" which I thought would be good, but the char was bossy and biter and drowned out all the other good spices in the beans. Whole thing w/tip cost me almost $30.

Doesn't happen all that often, but often enough to make me think about it---not necessarily that the food is bad, like it was yesterday, but that it just isn't good enough to be worth it.

(My pal OTOH who is not LC, had a Belgium waffle w/berries and whipped cream for less than half the price. I had a small bite and it was divine. UGH. Just another challenge w/LC eating.)

It is not realistic for me to never go out to eat. So I'm thinking I need to maybe "pre-eat" sometimes to curb my appetite and the check. Particularly if I'm not going to a place where I know there's an "Old faithful."

On plan today, but have not been good about my pool exercise this last week. Just feeling so lazy. Have to correct that starting tomorrow, whether I feel like it or not. Because I know once I get started, I'm fine, and feel so much better physically when I do it.
  #2148   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 04:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

A chilly morning in the 50's here. Would have been nice to stay snuggled in bed, but the cat was having none of it. She did wait until 4:45 to give me the call.

I have some errands to run and then a massage at Noon today. Tomorrow I'll be driving about an hour to meet our daughter to pick up our DGS16. We'll be leaving late Wednesday morning to drive to NYC. I signed us up for a "freetoursbyfoot.com" tour on Friday morning. It takes us over the Brooklyn Bridge and to a neighborhood called Dumbo that is supposed to have lots of nice shops and restaurants. I think it will be interesting to learn some of the history of the area etc. It is a 3 hour tour. Not sure DGS16 will be thrilled to get up early and go on a tour... He doesn't have baseball until 4:30 on Friday. The tour doesn't start until 9:30AM, but we're going to Uber there which will take about 1/2 hour and we have to leave a little time for traffic etc. I'm sure the Grandson would rather stay in the hotel room and sleep. HA! Not when he's traveling with us!

Blue....you asked about my carbs. I really have not been counting lately. I just try to eat as few as possible. Perhaps that is why I've been stuck for so long? Hmmm..... When I was logging my food and counting, I tried to stay at 20 or less. A lite beer is 3 or 4 carbs, depending on the brand. I know it is far from ideal to drink beer, lite or not, but I do enjoy it on a summer day.

Once we get this NYC trip behind us, I think I'm going to try the Alternate Day Diet again. Every other day you eat 500 calories or less and then the other days you eat "normally" I will stay LC on all days, but on the fast days, there will be very little fat and certainly no cheese....which is a big source of my fat and calories. I never seem to stick to this diet long enough to see it work. Maybe this time will be different? Sigh...round and round I go.

Jaz.....I know Monday is not your favorite day of the week. Maybe this week you'll hear something about the possible new job? Hang in there....something good will come your way.

Trig....thinking of you at the beach soaking up the sun and having fun.

Nic....are you delving into your training and certification? All you need to do makes my head spin!

Greg...I'm so impressed with your dedication to exercise! I used to have that dedication, but it is eluding me at the moment. Kudos to you!

Time for more coffee. Have good days!
  #2149   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 06:24

BF:

Lori- Boy oh boy do I hear ya on wanting the magic bullet for the weight loss! I am RIGHT there with ya. It seems that FOR ME- what worked before is not working NOW! And frustrating!!! So what is different? Give or take ten years. It took me a little over a year to drop 100+ pounds.Kept it off for 7ish years. It took me 3 months to put 55 back on and keep it on. It takes some real mental adjusting to go from fit to fat all over.

Like you I think THIS IS THE VERY last time. But ya know what- it isn't. I know I will struggle with it to the grave! I think WE- all of us regardless if we are at goal or not will be "watching it"- forever.

The massage you are getting today- is this the gal that is working with your arm? How is it these days? I don't hear you talking about it much! Which is a very good thing!!!!
We will want to hear all about your adventures in the "BIG CITY" !!!

Nic- - What do you have going on this week? I sorta like to hear what ya'll are doing. I think it's really cool we all go about our lives, jobs, families, life but yet we are in each others orbit of thought!!!!
Any good books you are reading?

Blue- Speaking of reading- what about you? Any good reading material. I always check out a menu BEFORE I go somewhere- always. That way I am not sidelined. Being super hungry and having drinks before dinner is a sure fire way to "blow it". If I am going to go out like the other night, I knew what I was walking into. I like to eat out some too- carefully.
I am getting less and less interested in it though. I am learning more and more that places put sugar on their meat. It is gross.

I am over this heat! - You are right, in that when it's this hot there is nowhere to go. It's just too hot, miserable. I could deal with the cold, if it didn't mean snow and ice!!!! Ice is down right scary to me!!! The older I get the less tolerate of extreme temps I have become!
Speaking of temps- go ENJOY your pool!!!!!- You don't have long before it gets closed!
You know MN- looks so much like Ohio. The terrain, weather, trees, foliage. Yea sometimes I miss it, the small town feel.

TRIG- how are you taking this miserable heat? When do you get home? Wow that was a super fast week for sure! - Did you survive the Buffet?

Greg- - You are a teacher right? Are you back in school yet? Are you always standing? At least you are not strapped to a cubical or behind the wheel of a car!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
It's Monday. That is all I got to say about today. I didn't have the will or want to look at anything job related this last weekend.

I hope I hear something this week too!!!!- I just need a little more time, and not go nuts in the mean time. It a tightrope balance.
My tummy issues are a direct result of work. I was PERFECT over the weekend.
I have always handled extreme stress that way. - Again like the kid who's tummy "hurts" when they don't want to go to school for whatever reason!!

So I am just TRYING to find the good in each day- and hang in there. I just feel gut punched every time I open emails from management. dreadful.

You know doggers are so attentive to their humans. My Bella sat in my lap almost all weekend. Curled up like a baby fawn, protecting her human!!!

No news on my DD. Nothing has "passed yet". I am getting very worried about it. She is going to have to have a DNC if it doesn't happen soon.
Guess who turns 2 Wed!!!!!!!!- can ya'll believe it?!?!?-

Well I have been rambling to long and putting off what needs to happen! ON plan today. If it wasn't so darn hot a walk sounds good!
  #2150   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 07:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori very cool you are working your trip to NYC and the game so well....sounds like you got a lot handled and feel comfortable with it. Your air fryer seems like a new great dream for some great meals to ya! Heck ya'll got me thinking about one now but I had one long ago and didn't like it but not with this eating plan so....might be joining the ranks LOL

JUDDD is a good plan I think for those who can do it and work the off days 'to good lc' options. might be a fab way for you to find something that fits ya! Let us know how it goes.

Nicco, losing a big post. ugh I know!
Can't wait to read your new one when you get a chance to post up

Blue, yea it is easy to get out of the loop of exercise but you love that pool and remember I (think) it will close on ya sooner than later now so go use it and enjoy it

restaurants are hard for a ton of ways. new ones you are not sure what to get and then they have that wonderful meal that is their signature and not lc friendly and ya want it etc.....and who knows what is in the crap we eat...lol...and more but you are doing well. then we order the good lc thing and get crap to eat like your wing meal. I know, I hear ya loud and clear on that one.

Jaz don't go too rogue on taking off some lbs and becoming a vegan doing it HAHA meat egg fast plans. broth and meat plans. Protein and fat is a must. Don't be starving down on veg to lose some lbs. You can easily go a lighter day on seafood and good fat and watch portions. JUST A SUGGESTION here

Greg, Blue gave ya a good white sauce. I personally just love a simple alfredo sauce with meats. Goes over every darn thing and I am so into the parm taste that it works for all for me You are doing great, remember the scale won't move when we want it, you got a good whoosh coming at ya I am sure

hey guys
omg the family had the most delish loaded bacon cheese crispy fries last night when we went out to eat.

I ate like 2-3 and I wanted to eat the plate. ALL I COULD do not to eat more. UGH sometimes ya know. but I held firm cause I ordered a philly cheese steak with mushrooms and took it off the wonderful looking bread and slathered on mayo and I was good along with eating some of hubbys bacon wrapped scallops. My mind kept saying EAT IT ALL cause you are on vacay but I couldnt do it...so I came out ok.

tonight is lasanga for them I made in the rv and I am grilling up some cheeseburger patties. wanna stay in away from restaurants right now. tomorrow we are doing our big all you can eat crab legs...oh hell yea

hitting beach in a bit
tony and me gonna boogie board the waves
kid sleeping, I might get her to the beach or outside the rv today maybe sometime, again, whatever don't care, it is what it is

have a great day guys

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Aug-12-19 at 07:15.
  #2151   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 08:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Trying again today but won't go into a major recap at this junction.

Jaz- I am so sorry for the work related stress and the tummy issues it is causing. I really feel for you. It absolutely stinks to be in a situation like that.

It has been several weeks since your DD found out about the baby, right? It seems like it is time for them to get it out. She is a strong woman to be able to go along like she is.

HBD to Baby Ava!! I tell you, that girl is a tough one and I am so happy and proud that she is doing so well!

Sorry for the heat you guys are experiencing down south. That kind of heat is just nasty. Ugh! Hopefully you are heading toward the last gasp or two.

Trig- I admire you guys for just letting DD hang out if she wants to hang out. No point in messing up everyone's vacay if she isn't into the beach. You guys are getting out and enjoying yourselves anyway! How much longer?

Good job on holding back on the fries. You are a beast!

Greg- Glad the running is continuing to go well. Slow and steady is becoming faster and steady!

Blue- I'm sorry you had a rough couple of days there with a work meeting. I agree that unexpected disappointment is awful. Such a sucker punch!

It stinks also when you look at a menu and choose what should be 'safe' foods and then they are either not, or else they just don't taste good. That really chaps me!! I hate to waste money that way.

Lori- Have a great time in NYC. I had written in my lost post about how easy it is to use the subway, and some suggestions of things to do etc but it sounds like you have it worked out now. We did a Brooklyn food tour and went to the DUMBO area as part of it, then walked the Brooklyn Bridge back across.

•••••

Okay catching up here.

DS20 is leaving really soon- Thursday! He got most of his packing done on Sunday. He is having a couple of friends over to spend the night tonight. It is hard for me to grasp that he is going so far away.

DS17 is doing really well. I've been letting him work on stuff whenever, as long as he is getting it done, and it seems like progress is being made. He says he is nearly finished with Lord of the Flies and that is making progress on college apps. His Dad and brother gave feedback on his essay last night so hopefully that will be ready too. He is interviewing for a job this week and getting his formal senior pic taken for the yearbook tomorrow. It's getting real!

Dh is doing well also. We will be getting him his '50 years' fancy car in the next couple of months. He narrowed it down to what he wants this weekend- he decided on a Lexus. He has otherwise driven a Hyundai and two Camrys, but we had agreed long ago that he could have one fancy car for his 50s. We now need to decide which car to give up- either his 2016 Camry (paid) or the 2010 Ford Fusion, also paid but the boys love it. He goes to the neurosurgeon on Tuesday.

Things are fine with me also. DD and SoIL had the family over for dinner Saturday night- cooked dinner and hosted a game night. It was fun and they were sweet to do it.

Sort of a busy week coming up- I work today and Tuesday, plus I need to get the lawn mowed today. Wednesday is CASA court and Thursday is getting DS off to the airport and on his way. I also am making all his special meals- last night was meatloaf and roasted potatoes, tomorrow night is tacos and Wednesday night is tortellini carbonara. Gotta get in all the lovin' before he goes!

I got my website launched last night and I am proud of it. It still needs some tweaks but it is up and running, which is a pretty big deal! My goal over this week is to create a FB and IG page to go along with it. I can get more reading done during my 7 work hours this week. Oh, and my 'running a home business' online class starts on Wednesday also. Sheesh!

WOE is wack but I'm feeling the mojo rising.

Guess that is more or less it for now!
  #2152   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 14:23

BF:

Ok.....I have a culinary question.

Can you make an oil & vinegar salad dressing in a blender or food processor? I just made a batch of celery seed dressing for DH's elderly cousin and I had oil & vinegar flying all over me and the kitchen while trying to emulsify it using my hand mixer. Any thoughts? What a mess! I stripped off my clothes and put them in the washer and then hit the shower. Ugh. I'm thinking the blender might work? I just have to be able to drizzle the oil in a bit at a time.

Had a great massage at Noon. She worked on me for 45 minutes but only charged me for the planned 1/2 hour. I love her. She is doing wonders for my shoulder. Between her and the Sports Chiro, I may just be "fixed" someday!

Making pork chops in the air fryer for dinner tonight. I got some Pork panko to use for breading, so going to give it a try. It is just pulverized pork rinds, but I bought them that way instead of doing it myself. Lazy me!

Later!
  #2153   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-19, 21:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---Ugh on the hand mixer. Yes, I think you can make the dressing in a blender or food processor. I think the key is something with a top on it. As long as you do the blending with the top on in between adding the oil, I can't see why it wouldn't work. Look at it this way, how else would it work? Seems like hand whisking it would not have the power to emulsify?

Boy girl, you're a brave one to contemplate the 500 calories every other day! I once considered it for about 10 seconds after reading about it. I guess the question is, even if you lose some pounds, what happens when you're not doing it anymore?

Great news on your arm!

Nic---Holy cats girl, you have been busy! So cool you got your web site done, that could just flummox me for days. I'd be darn proud of myself too if I figured it out.

I wish you lived here and I could send you business---although can't say I run across a ton of new moms these days. You are such a good mama bear---sniff, all those fave meals for your son before he leaves, and so much more. I have noticed You are also very good at imparting info, imo. Very straight forward, calm and focused. I think any new mom will be blissed out to have your help.

BTW---if you ever want to chat on e-mail or the phone about running a business from home I've got about 35 years of ideas on that. Not that I know it all, but there are indeed some tricks as well as treats to it all that I found my way around. I'd also be curious to hear what your class on this has to say on this. Have thought about doing a blog on this myself---lol, as well as about 5 other things.

Jaz---I always check out the menu too before I go out. But the menu doesn't tell you if it will be good. Oh well, doesn't happen that often to me, but it pissed me off to have to pay for it. Also like I said, the other lesson is I need to not go out so hungry and order less. One dish instead of two, even if they were starters. Then order more if I'm still hungry.

Did just start a book I think is going to be very good, "Red Notice"--- non fiction, story of how the oligarchs took over Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. Ha, I know sounds dry as sand. But it gets 5 stars on tons of reviews on Amazon, and someone I trust recommended it. It's one of those non fiction books that reads like a novel.

WILL rec, again, that you get Acorn for $6 a month and watch "A Place Called Home." Then you can dump it if you want, but if you like it, it's 6 seasons of the answer to "what do I feel like watching?" Remember that one I rec'd a few years ago that took place in Spain? Think this is even better.

Trig---Honestly, I cannot believe your will power! And on vacation too! Nic is right, you're our LC beast---and a really fun and funny one. Man, your family is always ordering the stuff of my carb dreams and eating it in front of you. Bravo girl. You deserve that thinner feeling and I hope it just hugs the heck out of you for your efforts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a so so day, couple of frustrating things. But I did get my butt down to the pool and worked out in the rain. It was a gentle rain and I actually kind of like that, plus I had the pool to myself.

I am experiencing some knee pain in these last couple of days. Not bad, just kind of achy. So think I'll stick to every other day on the work outs till it feels better. Or simply go down and work my arms. May need to go in for another cortisone shot.

OMAD day for me. Worked like a charm. Wasn't hungry. Even when I got to dinner, didn't eat a lot. On days like this I think I kind of know what it might be like to be one of those people for whom food is just fuel. But that feeling never lasts for me. It's OK. I've had a lot of good times with food.
  #2154   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 07:06

BF:

hubby tried to drag me out to all you can eat breakfast. nope
drag me out to check out the fishing pier he wants to hit tonight..nope.
get fuel, get cigs, get ice. nope

I am here slamming down a rum and diet pepsi, watching kid sleep, hubby gone for a few hrs and I am in heaven. QUIET ALONE heaven!

then off to beach in a bit to boogie the waves

tonight is all you can eat crab legs. I am holding food til tonight and I am gonna slam down a ton of them
with maybe some wings and some steak and scallops, will see how much extra food I can eat all the time making a ton of crab my main focus

time is growing short. leave Thurs and coming fast
ugh
  #2155   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 08:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Just sat down from being at Yoga and then hitting the shower. On and off rain showers today. Dreary.

This afternoon at 4 DH is playing golf, so I'll have some peace & quiet! Trig.....I know you're enjoying your few hours of peace!

Tomorrow around 11 we'll head to NYC. We'll pick DGS16 up on the way. DH and I are both on edge a bit about the trip. We've been kind of snappy at each other...well, I've been snappy. He gets anxious and chatty and that makes me snappy. Deep breath........

Air fryer pork chops came out really good last night. I'll definitely make them again. I think it's going to be pretty easy to figure out how to cook many different things using my new gadget.

I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat after Yoga, so I'm just having a bullet proof coffee. Oh, so good! I have an appt. with my Sports Chiro at Noon and then I'll be coming back here to take a nap. Yoga day wears me out!

Blue...not sure if I'll end up trying the 500 calorie days or not. I've never had much success with it. I really would like to stick to it for more than just a few days to give it a good test.

Jaz, Nic & Greg....hope you're having good days.

Later!
  #2156   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 12:26

BF:

TRIG- I have so enjoyed reading along your vacay!!!!! I so agree with you- save your "food bank" for the crab. I would put them down too and not give a hoot what anyone thinks. Seriously!
Oh and how is you you were able to have the TASTE of loaded French fries and not dig in???????- STELLAR!!!!

Enjoy your quiet! - and then catch some waves with the hubby. Ya know if the kiddo wants to go great- if not MEH....... She may not have the same love you all do!
I sure hope to goodness you have AC in that camper of yours!!!!!-
OPPRESSIVE! - Stay hydrated= more rum and Diet Pepsi! - See I remember your voodoo of choice! HAHAHAAH- I know you will pack every moment into your very last hour!!!!

NIC- So impressed with everything you are doing!!!! Really. You are handling everything with such grace! You have a lot going on! - I am going to reach out to via- I want to know more about the working of your website. I am SO struggling with mine! Can't wait to hear all about it!

So the DS20 is almost ready for his new chapter and adventures. Can you just picture the fun he will have???? Truly a memory for a life time!!!- He is also a call away mom!!!- He will be MORE than fine!

It also sounds like DD and SIL are settling into married life and doing great! - DS17- here we go! I almost feel like we are surrogate moms to him! Just like you all are to my grandkids! We have watched and are cheering behind the senes for him! Senior year!!!

Then comes time just for you! So when you get frustrated, remember you are doing this because YOU WANT TO!!! Starting a small business is hard work. Just ask BLUE. It is NOT easy and alot is word of mouth. I can't wait to see you blossom!

BLUE- Speaking of you! How is this week doing for you? I am hopeful it is better than last! But hey you are save and this is not your first rodeo.
Do you have a office or is that space shared as something else? I forgot how many bedrooms you have. I thought you said 2 large ones.
How is your kitchen? I love your screen porch. It is screen right? I would be out there every morning with my coffee! Oh yea!

I know come winter time, when "they" shovel and do winter maintenance it will really make you smile!!!
Get in that pool my friend- just a few weeks left for you!!!!!! It will come and go! Another season gone. But boy have you become a pool baby!

LORI- - reading about your lady and how she is working with your arm really just warmed me up! I smiled big readying your post!
I am so happy you did NOT have to have a surgical fix. I know it seems like a long time- but surgery would have extended your heal time even further!

Are you ready for your big trip? What all do you have on the agenda to see in NYC? Safe travels and do let us know you get there safely!
I would expect a FOOD report as well!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

GREG- Hey there- hope you are well!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Another day with heat index in the triple digits. My stomach turned. My scheduled for today would have been 5 hours in the hot car and 3 patients in the hood. I called off.
I have had a "issues" and tummy troubles all day. This job is making me sick literally. It is stress. I just couldn't do it today. I just couldn't.

Then it made is ticked off when my mom called and started in on my calling off. I just could not deal with her either. I ended it abruptly. I MIGHT apologize. I have gone from a glass half full and positive to OMG- my mother.

Remember I WAS a cheerleader. I didn't even want to get out of bed today.
I need to focus more on my next income business. But it is hard to do when this life sucking job takes every ounce of energy out of me. Let me tell ya how I FEEL about it.

Then there is this heat......... GOODNESS - WHERE IS JAZ?????- this is not me, and I don't like it.

I am really going self love today. Thankfully I went to the grocery and have a stocked fridge. So I made myself a beautiful Roasted time and lemon garlic chicken with roasted vegetables. Bella just loves roasted carrots. I also have some cali rice and will have chicken and "rice" gravy when I am hungry.
I put it in the oven early so I wouldn't be cooking in the heat of the day. It is tucked neatly in the fridge. I also cooked up that piece of trout, use it or lose it. Then I will make a salad or something from it. Fridge STOCKED with LC comfort food.

I have all my curtains pulled AGAIN to keep the sun and heat out. I love natural sunlight so this is also depressing to me! But the heat is pouring in.
I am ready for a serious change- change of season in more ways than the weather. I need it.

I feel so guilty writing ALL the frekin time about my whiny self. It is not my nature! Feel free to not even respond to it- I just feel better to write it out.

Now- should I just delete this entire thing and start over?
I think it is wine time! What the hell, then I am going on Career builders and Indeed.
I did apologize to my mom. - She called during this post. I know when I am a real brat!

Gratutide List:
I am paying my bills for the moment - and saving money
I am healthy and independent- able to walk, drive, maintain on my own. You know alot of people even my age are really ill.

I have a BEAUTIFUL family- kids, grandkids
Friends- yes a few I have made here
Awesome neighborhood
Home
Safe, rood over my head, and Roasted chicken with my name on it.
Glass of wine, good wine too- when I am ready for it ( Like I can take a few hours and unwind)
CABLE!!!!! with a great TV, yes I do love my HD TV.

The most important thing. The will and the want to get to a better place. Pulling up the big girl panties and I need to seriously a real deal plan. With goals, interventions and a time line. That WILL give me what I need. Why did I not think of this sooner?
I need a POC - Plan of care for myself.

thanks, all you are also on the thankful list!

JAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ -
Rising from the ashes.............
  #2157   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 13:26

BF:

Jazz repeat and repeat---over and over, all WILL CHANGE SOON

I remember the boss ya like said just wait.....she needs time to get a new job for ya approved or something......JSUT HOLD on a bit more

I so understand

infant newborn
regular job 7:00 to 3:30
home to work full time farm work
(feed a ga zillion animals, wash like 150 eggs and box for sale, check and harvest produce for sale etc on weekend)

I went bonkers. I feel ya big time gal.....just hold strong.

all will clear for ya as it did me

on the fry with bacon and gooey cheese and crispy to perfection.....only 1 reason I didn't eat more and held off.....cause I knew in my mind if I went into that plate I would eat it all...….eat the delish ROLL my cheese steak was on......eat some of hubbys flatbread pulled pork meal which was to die for he said......and who knows when I got back and I SUGGEST we get ice cream 'for them' and I decide WTH I am off plan anyway and I eat it also and I wouldn't go for a small anything, I would do the biggest baddest ice cream and eat it all and then I would be nasty, bloated, sad, and more...….so I opted for none of the above and hold. My brain feels better for it.

off we go for early eats.
yes the early bird old people eats cause I AM FRIGGIN starving LOL

beach was fab, water waves so nice

getting tired, need food
  #2158   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 17:48

BF:

TRIG- My friend- you are suave to a wound!!!!!! - Well you all are......... holding on!!!!!!!!

Trig- you are so right on about not giving in. I could so easy hit that bender. But we all know it feels like crap! GOOD on you

I starting trying to get this web sight up- I really want to get this side gig going- while I am still employed. I was sorta an hour into it and my power and internet/ TV all went out- lost.

So I ate my chicken poured a glass of wind and played with Bella for and hour until it all came back up. I lost everything I worked on. I just didn't have the kitty up to redo today.

Maybe this weekend will revisit - not today.
Relaxing now -
Dishes put away, calls to kids made, call to friends made, walk cut short due to misquetoes- heavy here! they are swarming - yuck! They attacked my legs and poor Bella- I picked her up and ran.

So ready for cooler bug free weather -
Enjoy your Wed at the beach TRIG
  #2159   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 18:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Do you have a nutribullet or anything like that? It would do the trick. Glad you are enjoying the air fryer.

Jaz- you are uncharacteristically quiet. Hope nothing is wrong with work/DD.
Edited to add: Just catching up now from this morning. I see you wrote.

I am so sorry the stress is hitting you so hard. Are you positive there is nothing else going on with your stomach area- no gall bladder issues or anything like that? When I am going through my sludgy gallbladder stuff I feel really bad and sick etc.

Chicken and rice and gravy sounds amazing. YUM. Comfort food for sure.

You were nice to apologize to your Mom. IMHO she had no business giving you a hard time about missing work-- you are a 50+ year old woman. You need no feedback about those decisions!

I do not think you are whiney at all. Far from it!

Trig- Go you, girl, hitting up the rum at 10 AM! That is a vacation for sure! I am super jealous of your crab legs!

Blue- I am no genius for sure, but I used GoDaddy's site builder and it was pretty easy. It basically created a template and then I just messed with it for a while.

I may come around to you with questions and such about small business. I don't feel ready to kick off yet, really, but I sure do appreciate your offer!

I'm sorry to hear about your tweaky knee. Hopefully alternating days will give it the rest it needs.

••••••••

Note: I started writing this in the morning. Finishing it now at almost 9 PM!

I am so proud of the 'little one!" Ha, like DS17 could be called little by anyone by his mama. He went to a job interview today! Not only that, but I got a text from the receptionist who wrote: "T is so handsome and personable! I hope he gets the job. Ya did good, kid!" So that was pretty darn awesome. I bet he did do well, too. My shy boy is turning out all right! He is also about to drive himself to his formal senior picture session. He's in a good place lately. I really am hoping this will be a great year for him (and us!)

I left early this morning- 7:30 AM- to get to the grocery store and back before I had to get DS17 up and moving. Took DS20 with me to lunch and then he dropped me off at work. Came home and DD was already here! I needed a bit of down time but none to be had. Soon- in a couple of days things will slow down quite a bit.

Ordered a new above-range microwave for delivery and installation on Saturday. Ours has had a wonky door for a bit and when I reheated my coffee today it had a very distinct not-right taste. So no more using it.

Made dinner tonight for seven- the OG five of us plus DS20's girlfriend and SoIL. It was a big goodbye dinner for DS20. Turns out that even though they are flying to different countries etc, they are both (DS20 and the GF) flying out of Dulles in DC at right around the same time: 5:20 for her and 5:30 for him on Thursday evening. So they can find their way through the airport together. They both looked visibly relieved to find this out! We then played Cards Against Humanity for a good hour plus. I won!

DS20 also had four HS friends spend the night last night (Monday.) So he has had good family time, friend time etc. And he and the GF have AMAZING travel planned together- Greece, Italy, Brussels, Croatia, France, Germany, Austria and more. This is going to be the most amazing opportunity for them! They both arranged it so that they have no Friday classes. I cannot wait to hear about all of their adventures!!

I have an early morning tomorrow- I have to be at the district courthouse by 8:15 AM. The case should be early on the docket- they usually do that when little ones are involved and 2 of the 4 kids are super young at 1 and 2 years old. My online class also is supposed to start tomorrow although I have gotten exactly ZERO communication since I signed up, paid and got confirmation so I will need to call tomorrow to find out what is up with that.

Okay, enough of this.. I am WHIPPED!
  #2160   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-19, 20:30

BF:

HEY NIC!!!!!!!!!!!!-
I though I was the ONLY one that did that. Log in- start a post and then something happens, a call, bio break, coffee break, then ya forget, and come back an hour or two later- only to go ahead and post and know that I am behind!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHA

WOW oh wow oh wow on the DS20 and his schedule with the GF! Didn't know his GF going too- what a grand time for them!!!!!!- You think they will come back engaged?????WINK ?????What a place to get engage- geese pick it ya know!!!! WOW

I need to get a passport and do something with it. I have always wanted to go to Crete. On my bucket list. Big time. Maybe just maybe I should put it on the calendar. You know there are tour groups that cater to singles that want to travel so we aren't alone and do groups. I have looked into it. Truth be told the prices are not bad either. Maybe I should revisit that for next year. Something maybe in the middle to fall of next year would be perfect. Enough time to have crap squared around and make plans and prep!

I would want a walking trip - means= get in shape like Lori did. She had a year to train for her trip- I am thinking this might just be what the doctor ordered. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

-----------------------------
The winds of change- finally. What was it? I was gathering up the trash for tomorrow and took it to the curb. the moon is out and I had no lights on. I have a huge maple tree right outside the front of my house.
As I was walking out in the humid oven weather I glanced at the tree. In the moon light I saw a "Fall" spider hanging from a branch. not just any spider- a FALL spider. You know those big ones that come out at night in the moon light and make their webs. She was making a web.
As much as I detest spiders there was something so simple and special that didn't make me do anything but pause and watch it in the moon light. It didn't scare me- it was far enough outta my reach- but close enough to watch a simple gesture of web spinning.
For some reason it was a real pause in time where it was just so still, the moonlight, leaves still green. But the simple act of the autumn spider gave me comfort.

The winds of change. Something so simple- yet only the moonlight let me see it. I took out the dogger and kept her from the tree so the spider could continue her work.

Now let me tell you had I WALKED into a web this would be a completely DIFFERENT POST!!!!!- HAHAHAHAHAHAH
But let me just bask in what DID happen............ Ha

Nic- I have a great gallbladder. I know my body so well. Stress does horrible things to me. I feel very peaceful - right now. amazing what 2 glasses of wine and time off does for me! Ya know we all handle stress so differently.

Yes I know I didn't have to apologize to my mother. There is a tiny piece of my that truly feels badly for her. She doesn't have what I have and never will. I do not mean to be cocky that being said. It actually makes me sad for her. Oh well we all have choices.

I am so thinking about dumping my cable all the way around, and just doing a few paid channels. Has anyone tried sling?
My son tried it and said it was over rated and note worth it. I am tired of paying 50 bucks a month for cable. But then again - for 108 I have both cable and internet. I HAVE to have internet. I think it is the best - Al the extra charges are annoying.

Yes I had chicken/ small small side of rice and green beans and gravy. I don't really care for rice- so truly it was not a binge. It was to soak up the "issue" and stabilize my gut. I feel so much better after dinner and relaxing a bit. I am also wondering if my vitamins might be a cause for the IBS. I am going to not take them for several days and see if I normalize out a bit. They are all oil based and who knows what is in them. Maybe it is too much oil based everything. I am stopping it all and adding back in pieces. Including the bullet coffee- no oil. Just coconut milk.

I need to heal a few days and not worry about WOE. I am still OMAD- not over doing- just not counting- but healing gut at moment. Something is off.

Well Nic- I have posted up like the JAZ does- 3 times today! I am golden!!!!!! HAHAAH- Lator gators

XOXOXO
Closed Thread