Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2191   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 08:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

will catch up later on personals

mom called feeling sick yesterday so we went up and she said she needed ER but got there and she was better. I think she didn't feel well and just was scared to be alone.

So we brought her home here and all good.

She is staying with us a few days and she is better and we are gonna hit the dollar store in a bit.

drama for sure LOL

but all good

catch up later, bye

oh fasting is ok....didn't make the day, I ate a very small cheeseburger patty to hold me but still extreme low kcals and I sure feel thinner so something good is happening I think.

broth today and maybe protein shake or something....trying to keep fast as best I can but still need a small bit of food.....trying to get rid of it.

oh gosh, Tony's mom just called and said she is at the hospital with her sister...…oh boy gotta run now

K
Sponsored Links
  #2192   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 13:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- seems like that is always the way with teens- they care and then they stop caring and we are left doing the caring! lol I sort of agree with Blue- find a white one and call it a day.

Sorry to hear your Mom wasn't well. Glad that she seems to be doing better. And then The Chop's mom calls? You are getting sandwiched for sure!

Jaz et al - Add me to the 'dance with mom' bench. My Mom has always lived on the 'helpless and flighty, damsel in distress' bench but she is either losing it mentally or has taken it to a whole new level. I feel like I repeat things several times, tell her to write it down etc but I still don't feel confident that she is actually getting what I say. Who knows. I will see her in September for a couple of days- guess I'll try to get a feel for it then.

My online class- so far is stupid easy. From what I can tell, two lessons a week. It thought it would be video but it is reading. Read the lessons, take the quiz (which you can retake as often as you want but I've not needed to) and then there is an optional activity to do (which I am doing) to help you think things through. Then a discussion area if you want to do that. There is a final at the end but to what purpose I have no idea. I'm taking it through the county community college.

Yes, I do have a movie pass for AMC. I go enough that it more or less comes out as a wash, but I can reserve seats ahead for free, get points that allow discounts on drinks and snacks, stuff like that. I'm keeping it for now but if/when things get busy I'll probably drop it. Our AMC also does $5 Tuesdays as an alternative.

Blue- your girlfriend day in Wisconsin sounds so nice! I too can get just as much happiness seeing someone else buy something. I don't buy things that often anyway. I do wear my "Charleston drug rug" in the cooler but not winter weather, here in the house. It is the perfect thing for bumming around in the house.

Lori- in some ways it is good that you have so little pain that you forget to do exercises- I know you wondered if you would ever get to that point!

I love pounded and fried pork tenderloin using pork rinds and grated parmesan cheese. Crispy and delicious!

••••••

Super hot today- 96+ with a heat index of 105. Just nasty. Luckily I was indoors working 8:30- 2:30 and then just came home. Add me in to the group that is SO READY for Fall. Apparently we had our last 8 PM sunset so the days are indeed getting shorter.

DS17 was still asleep at 2:30 when I got home and he got quite the unpleasant awakening. I mean, I don't mind in summer if he sleeps until 10 or 11, but 2:30 is absurd. I wanted him to let the dogs out while I was gone, and go to the store. He's upstairs getting ready/hiding from me at the moment.

ETA- I think I scared him. He's left to go to the market.

DS20 is doing great. He texted me pics from his day today- he went to "the Rijksmuseum: the biggest museum in the Netherlands and one of the top 15 art museums in the world!" Very happy for him that he is out exploring and found his confidence to manage on his own. The orientation group arrives tomorrow and then his days will be crammed full of activities- some of which don't even start until 11PM and go until 3 AM!

Resting up the rest of the day- just doing laundry and making dinner. Crab cakes on tap for tonight. Back on the WOE.
  #2193   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 15:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Oh Trig....hope the MIL is ok. I wasn't sure if it was her or her sister who was ill. Whichever, I hope all is well. Glad your Mom is feeling better now.

Nic....so you scared the teen straight? Whatever it takes to get him to go to the market, right?

I went to the Chiro today and she gave me a going over. I got scolded for not doing my exercises. I'll try to do better. I go back to see her on Thursday.

I made it thru the day with less than 400 calories. The only solid food I had was 4 oz. of grilled chicken for dinner. Other than that, I had some MCT oil and collagen powder, just as planned. The rest of the evening will just be sparkling water and early to bed. Tomorrow will be eating my fill! YAY! LC of course!

DH had to take the DGS10 home. He's actually meeting our DD at the halfway point. A 45 minute drive for each of them(one way).

Looking forward to a good Yoga workout tomorrow morning early and then a dental cleaning appt. That will be my day.

Have a good evening.
  #2194   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 17:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---Sounds like things are jumpin' since you got home. Hope your MIL is ok.

Lori---Congrats on your first 500 cal day! Doesn't sound like it's been miserable. Knowing you can eat whatever you want the next day is a big help I bet.

Question---When I've read about this plan before (JUDDD) the deal has been you can eat what you want, carbs included...I think up to 1800 calories, but can't remember anymore. Not that I'm pushing the carbs of course, just curious if your plan is specific about that "all you can eat" day.

Nic---Lori made me grin. Kid was "scared straight." Love it when that happens before you have to "go there."

So, the working out of your home on line course is pretty easy peasy. Wondering if you think it has value nevertheless, as in you've learned some stuff?

Jaz---Hope you've put away your long Monday and are home and chillaxing.

Also, really hoping for some cool weather for you. Don't know how you've stood it as long as you have, but then what choice do we have? Folks say the same to those of us in the north about winter.

To all on Wayfair. First of all I hate their jingle w/the heat of a nova star, LOL. However I have directed my clients in buying things from them and I have bought from them for myself, and my son when he needed furniture.

IMO, some of their stuff is very reasonable and they have a nice deep selection in every category. But it's always "buyer beware." I have learned on ANY furniture site, or really any larger purchase, to put the name of the product and company you are looking at in your URL and see if it shows up anywhere cheaper. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Once I found a coffee table I liked at Wayfair, but it was more than I wanted to pay. I put the brand name and product name in the URL and it showed up in a furniture chain out east for $350 less! Yep got it from them and yep, they offered free delivery, which surprised me as it wasn't an expensive piece. And it arrive w/very little assembly required, hubby did it easily. See below on Ikea.

But can't say that happens often, although have run across smaller price differences for all manner of things on all manner of sites.

I have an issue w/Ikea, don't get me started. Don't know how they sold their business model to so many except to say smart marketing. Lots of assembly at home, not to mention lots of work at the store collecting all the parts to buy before you ever get out of the dang place. No one to help dragging it all to your car, or unloading it when you get home. I think their price point is too high considering all that. I can beat or equal their prices at a couple different places here in town, WITH free delivery and assembly---which since it's basically much more wholly put together than most things at IKEA, it isn't a big deal for them to cross the Is and dot the Ts. Plus, with some exceptions, I don't think Ikea's furniture is built to last for long. DO think their kitchen and bathroom cabinetry is a pretty good deal.

OK, LOL, rant over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my, we are just having day after day of gorgeous weather. We've had like maybe one rainy/cloudy day every 10 days for weeks and weeks now. This month has NOT been beastly hot or humid, as August can be. Hate to blow my horn so much about it, but by winter it will be a much more muted horn. Everyone loves to dump on the north about their winters, including northerners LOL. But often our springs, falls and summers so make up for it.

Went down to the pool today, but didn't do a real work out. As I said, a bit more of a drag down there these days so just told myself all I had to do was keep my limbs moving. Had my weights and did just that while I chatted away w/some other gals in the pool. Good enough. I KNOW I'm going to miss the heck out of this when it's gone, so I'm pretty focused on using it as much as I can, whether I feel like it or not. Thing is, once I'm down there I'm ALWAYS so glad I went, easy or hard work out.

9th day on plan. Longest I've gone w/out a treat for as far back as I can remember. Also an OMAD day for me---again felt fine and reasonable to do so.

Hubby is out of town till Thursday. Miss him already, but nursing my "grief/LOL" by doing every thing I want to do around here, some of which would really irritate him if he was around, particularly in the kitchen. And so it has always been w/us.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Aug-19-19 at 18:10.
  #2195   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-19, 05:09

BF:

Good Morning!

My gosh....7AM already! I didn't crawl out of bed until a few minutes ago. I soon have to get myself pulled together for Yoga already. I have to get up earlier tomorrow as I have an appt for a mammogram at 7:15!

Woke up with a bit of a headache(dehydration), but not particularly hungry. That's good because I don't like to eat before yoga class.

Blue...my plan for my "UP" days is to eat whatever low carb food that I want. I think the plan says to eat up to your TDEE, which in my case is around 1700, I think. Maybe a bit more. I don't really want to count on my UP days....just want to eat yummy food to satisfaction. Today I can't wait to get into that Keto cookie dough that I made! It tastes like cheesecake to me....Yum.

The scale went down over 3 lbs from yesterday's fast. I know after today it will pop back up. No worries. As long as the trend is down. I have 4 weeks until my Sis and I go to Virginia Beach and I'd like about 10 lbs off, if possible. I know I won't be doing any fast days that week. We'll only be there Thursday till Monday, Sept. 19-23.

Ok...have to shot gun some coffee and get ready to get my Yoga on. Then it's off to the dentist! Yippee!
  #2196   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-19, 06:36

BF:

hey guys
MIL is fine, it is her sis that as in the hosp. but they sent her home. raging diabetes put her in there cause she went sick on it and some type of something else going on. but they got her good so far and home she went.

My mom is good. who knows LOL

Nicco same here on kid. Mine was pulling the staying up til 4-5 AM and the sleeping til 3-4 in the afternoon. I stopped that fast LOL drove me nuts. I told her 2 AM tops and that helped and now we are counting back til school in 6 days. Last night was 1AM bed and starting tomorrow she is back to 12, 11, 10 heehee….first few days of school she will be so tired when she gets home and that is good also. Will put her back into good time sleep mode but like you, I hate the super late sleeping times. And I also say let the dog out and she never does it, drives me batty

glad DS is doing well in Amster. Sounds like he will be packed full of activities and have company...cool

crab cakes sound fab!

Lori sounds like your JUDDD is doing well. 1700 is a good up day but keeping it LC is good for you. Glad you are doing good on your down days and 10 down for your trip will be nice goal to have.

enjoy yoga and your morning! and today being your eating day!

Blue, you will miss that pool the minute it shuts down LOL I get like that later in the season. I swim and swim then slow down a bit and then when I close it I want it again and again. So get that.

Hubby is gone for a bit and nursing your grief... I love it!~ enjoy your quiet days!!

HI Jaz and Greg, ya'll post up when you can

all good here
not sure if mom is leaving today or not? will see where the day goes

unpack rv a bit

holding fasting day here. I had some bacon last night cause mom wanted a BLT and then I SO wanted a BLT HAHA but I just filled up on some yummy bacon. still very low kcals so holding tight on that

today is water, broth and hoping for a FULL fast day but with mom around and food around I might have to eat something small later, we shall see.

nice storm last night, cleaned up everything but oh so hot and humid out this morning

other than that stuff nothing much doing.

oh told kid I would buy a good match to her dresser and she said nope, wait til Oct to see if the matching nightstand is available from wayfair and buy it. I said fine.....whatever....at this point I am done, over, who cares HA

off I go to see what the day brings
  #2197   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-19, 07:23

BF:

Lori- Glad you made it through your DD so well on JUDDD. Not easy!

Enjoy your UP day and your 'cookie dough'!

Blue- Yes, I definitely think the online course has value. It is going to make me realize what I DON'T know about a home business, what I need to get more information about etc. Right now I know pretty much nothing, so there will be much to learn and inquire about.

Good advice about Wayfair and doing a further search. We need to replace our bar stools for the kitchen island but I am toying with just getting some cool stretchy covers for them and seeing how that works. They are cheap!

I'm on Team Ikea. We have several glass door Ikea bookcases and a fairly large number of other Ikea pieces in our home. High quality? No. But for those who don't care as much about that, it suits its purpose. Some of it is crap but some of it is heavy and solid. Neither here nor there.

LOLOLOL over "a much more muted horn." You go ahead and blast it, girl! Our nice weather is right around the bend and I am SOOOO ready for it! Glad you have been able to enjoy it already! Also LOL on doing your thing in the kitchen. You have no idea how often you and your DH cross my mind in the kitchen. Your stories have saved my husband's bacon any number of times when I pick up something only to drop it because the lid isn't on or whatever. Half the time I still get irate but the other half now I just laugh.

Trig- You are smart to be starting the bedtime move back process. I used to do that with mine. This year his first few days of school are a Retreat so I'll let that be the price he pays. Plus they will be in cabins and staying up late anyway. I'll set the internet to shut off by midnight once Labor Day has passed but other than that, I am going to give him a bit of rope as a senior. The things we'll be working on will be stupid crap like setting an alarm that you don't sleep through, how to do your own laundry, using your phone calendar so you know when/where you should be without your Mom telling you etc. The good news is that I know from experience that what he doesn't learn here he will learn darn fast once he is on his own!

BTW, about the alarm, he used to set his own, until I discovered he was setting it to go off every 30 minutes starting at 4 AM. I freaked out. He said it was the only way he could wake up by 6:15 so I just told him I'd get him up. We were talking about it yesterday and I was telling him he's going to have to learn to wake up to a single alarm bc you can't do crap like that with a roommate. We'll see how this all goes down!

As long as DD can live without a nightstand and wants to wait, no skin off your back!

Hey Jaz!

••••••

I've got MOW this morning and then we have a follow up with the financial planner guy tonight at 6:30. Dinner will be burgers and fries- bunless for me and no fries. Maybe more of a burger salad of sorts.

Other than that, not a ton going on. SIL sent a bunch of links for places the ILs might consider moving to and she is going to go look at one on Thursday morning. I think the ILs are being so short sighted and I am really frustrated with them. It's good that she is taking the lead for now.

Other than that, not a ton going on. A few more hot days and then things settle down and Fall will be coming. I can hardly wait. Plus DH sent me a link that Renn Fest is starting this weekend (through October) and I got really excited. We love to go! And I am getting emails about the craft fair coming too, and then the Festival of Trees in November. OH HAPPY DAY!!!
  #2198   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-19, 10:51

BF:

Finally have a chance to sit down! Did Yoga and then home for a quick shower and off to the dentist where they were running 1/2 hour behind. I had not eaten anything, so I was starting to get hangry.

So after my DD yesterday, I did a 19 hour fast before I had a chance to eat today! I'm feeling better now....full belly.

I really did not find yesterday's DD hard at all. I think having the MCT oil & collagen powder in coffee late morning really helped get me thru till my lite dinner. I slept well...was afraid I might be hungry, but no. If all DDs are that easy, I'll be able to stick to this plan for a while. Now to see if it gets the scale to head in the right direction.

Tonight I'm going to braise some chuck steaks and then make gravy so DH can have mashed potatoes & gravy. He'll be in hog heaven. I'll eat the meat and a little gravy and be happy.

Ok...I think I need a nap. Yoga kicks my butt!
  #2199   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-19, 18:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

dot down- I am working a 13 hour day- to tired to write. Thoughts are here but tired to write- back in am
  #2200   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 04:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Up & showered stupid early to go for my annual b00b squishing. Why did I think it was a good idea to make a 7:15AM appt? I should be in and out as I'm probably the first appt.

Another DD today. I think I'll do the same as Monday...just some MCT oil & collagen powder in a cup of coffee late morning and nothing solid to eat until dinner. I have to see what comes in my Green Chef box today before I determine what I'll make for dinner tonight. I think DH is going to a meeting around dinner time where they'll have appetizers etc, so not sure he's going to want much for dinner.

Ok....gotta run. Get this over with and then I have a massage to look forward to this afternoon.
  #2201   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 06:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all! - OMG half way through! -

Trig- I am glad things worked out with your mom and she isn't sick! She is lucky to have you so close and wanting to help her out!!!!
So are YOU and the KIDDO ready for school? Did she find some clothes?!?!?!?- It's so darn hot anyway with no relief in sight anyway!
I CAN'T wait for fall!
Did you ever get your RV cleaned and ready for next trip?

BLUE-- You know I have to laugh out loud at you! You said you just dislike a lot the jungle for Wayfair. But it STICKS in your head doesn't it. Like it or love it- we are talking about it- therefore = success!!!- Ahhhh ya gotta love marketing!!!-
Speaking of marketing - Subaru just came out with a funny commercial. I am not into commercials- but I really like theirs.

So the "momma" dog is looking out the front door to her car and see's a CAT parked on top of it. She starts howling! So "papa" dog come to see what all the fuss is about. he asses the situation, goes and gets the keys, and turns on the alarm. Cat goes flying- dog couple walk back into the living room. It really is FUNNY!!!!!-

If you want a pick my up- go to "You Tube and search top 10 funniest commercials".
Hope you are enjoying your pool while you can!!!! I GLEEFULLY say Fall is around the corner!!!!!!

NIC- - I knew DS20 would settle sooner rather than later!!!
When is your next travel adventure?
I FEEL exactly the same way- COME HITHER FALL!!!!!!! BRING it.
Very nice you have a few relaxing days on tap!!!!
What is your class about? Anything you didn't know?
How is the DH doing with therapy?

Lori- what were you thinking a 7:15 appt???????- Well at least you are going to get home sooner than later!
So cool you are back to using the MTC oil. do you find it helps? I have not noticed a difference. But then again I did it all of a week!
So are you basically doing a JUDD LC plan!
It's a for I think of fasting. I know I could not handle the up days!
But then again we are different that way!

Are you still doing Yoga? I wonder if you are stuck in a workout rut? I don't hear the passion for it. I know the struggle with the arm has dominated your year. I will be happy for you when you can play a round of golf again! - You will be so ready by next Spring!
What did you order from Green leaf?
Have you noticed that all the major grocery are putting together meal kits??????? It's all the rage now!
--------------------------------------------------------
I was charting until 9:30 last night- fell into bed at 10:30 and never changed position until the alarm went off this morning. Yea that tired!!!

I am so exhausted. Just taking one day at a time.
Last weekend was hugely busy as was the weekend before that. This weekend- I am scheduling a PJ day. The Labor Day Week end is jammed everyday with something.

What is everyone else doing Labor Day? I am so frekin happy to have a few days off- even being busy! I took that Friday prior off as well. I am going to the lake with my neighbor. I promised I would. then a Greenville trip, and a cook out planned. Busy.

Anyway- today is my here and now. I am finding that I am getting restless for a change of scenery. how much of that is driven by wanting to get out of the heat, or truly wanting to have a road trip! You know (NIC) - I STILL have not made it to Helen yet! I might wait now until Fall when they do their Oct. Fest that runs the entire month!

I was also browsing........... Cruises. I am up in the air on those. The face I am even THINKING about on is amazing. I am more of a ground under my feet gal. But I really want to have some sort of "goal" trip for Jan or Feb. - on the cheap side! I am still saving!!!!

My WOE is ok, nothing hog wilder, nothing stellar - still OMAD- but could be better. My carb has creeped to about 30......... stall. And I can feel it.

I have a date Friday- nothing to write home about. I said yes, because he is considering getting off the site and I said what the hey. I have had a ton of weird responses. HE seems normal- and boring. But hey- I am not doing anything Fri. anyway. I had already gave him a no thank you the first time he ask, I can't believe he ask again. Glutton for punishment??????

Ok- I have procrastinated long enough. Omlette and sausage for my meal. Have a great day
  #2202   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 07:05

BF:

Hope your mammogram goes well, Lori. I go every two years.

Jaz- I'm glad you are taking a down day this weekend. It does sound like you have been crazy busy!

I have no idea what the wayfair jingle is and have no plans to hear it! I watch stuff mostly on my computer or else from the DVR so I never see any commercials or anything like that.

We have a party to go to Sunday for Labor Day weekend. Other than that I think it is pretty chill. Maybe we will get together with DD and SoIL, we'll see. That is their anniversary weekend- one year!

••••

Taking my down day today. MoW went fine yesterday, then met up with DD for lunch. Ate on plan but got a RAGING bloated gut ache afterward that lasted about seven hours. That happens from time to time and isn't predictable. The good news is that I didn't eat after that, so fasted from around 12:30 PM yesterday until 8:30 this morning. I'm having my chocolate collagen coffee now.

Meeting with the financial planner went well last night. He has some good ideas we will likely implement and other than that he just told us to stay the course.

Today will be hot, and tomorrow, and then the temps should drop drastically. I'm very excited for that!

Online class today, some doula reading and just hanging out. Quick trip to the market will round out the day.
  #2203   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 07:09

BF:

Nicco sounds like your fall is booked up already with all those festivals etc sound like fun times!!

yea I was laughing at what you wrote about your DS and alarms and more!! My kid does funky alarm. drives me nuts also. sets it for 5 am.....'checks her phone' etc....then falls back to sleep and I then have to get her up. She won't set an alarm and get up for school, she says she is up at 5 am but then with her falling back asleep what good is that? told her a gazillion times LOL I tell ya, don't get me started LOL

Lori your meat and gravy sounds yummy. Glad this up down is working for ya! nice to find something that hits and holds well.
good for you!!

Good luck on your boob squish ugh....haha

Jazz hope your date is cool and ya get something fun out of this you know we can't wait to hear all about it!!!

back to school is happening now. busy busy in general. finish with rv fast now this morn cause hubby is taking it in for the new antenna. I tell ya, annoying as heck sometimes but it is what it is.

Greg, post up, we need to know you are doing well

HI BLUE, loved your email vid!!

hey all
I am discombobulated? Is that a word and spellable really? is spellable a word? heck I don't know.

too much doing here. ALL STARTING to grate on my last nerves. Too much, too fast coming at me anymore.

used to be able to handle 100 things at once.....now I can barely remember the one thing I am doing when I am doing it--HA

off to mall in a bit with kid.

ugh

told her she has to get clothes....in the end I don't care what she buys, just have some new clothes for school LOL
then bra shopping for her....she is wearing sports bras and I have to say she has some boobage up there for 14--ugh--so going to Victoria Secret for measurements on real bras and get some for her. Once we know her size but she loves sports bras so I said just try the others and after I gave ya the options, I don't care what ya wear thru your life anyway shoot me now please HA

hubby taking rv to service for that new antenna that came in after we left on our trip....what a pain

have crap to do here but no time to do it.....whatever....I see rum and diet pepsi in my future tonight. gotta be careful cause with such little food I am eating, I could get super crocked fast LOL which right now is fine with me but it could lead to eating so I best watch out!!! again, whatever, I don't care......everything is annoying now

gotta run for shower, get kid moving now or never get out of the house. mall early and done. being Wed I hope no one is there and we can get this crap done fast.

tomorrow is school orientation day. get her Chromebook and class schedules and we still haven't gotten list of school crap she needs. I tell ya....

bye all
  #2204   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-19, 09:20

BF:

Well, got that appt over with and came home to do some laundry. Still waiting for my Green Chef box to arrive....it always comes before 10AM and it's nearly 11.....Hmmm......

I changed from Keto meals to balanced meals from Green Chef. That way there will be a starch for DH without me having to plan to have potatoes or rice on hand. I will just eat meat and veg. I think I'm getting some sort of fish, some pork meatballs, and chicken burgers maybe? Not sure how much of it will float DH's boat, but if he's hungry, he'll eat it!

Jaz...yes, I'm doing Yoga twice a week and loving it. It is so hard, but feels so good when it's over! What I can't seem to get restarted on is walking or running. Just being a slug about that.

I'll be having a cup of coffee with MCT oil & collagen powder in it in a few minutes. That will keep me full until dinner tonight.

UPS is here.....Green Chef....YAY!

DH just got home and said not to worry about dinner for him, so I'll eat 2 or 3 eggs with a sprinkle of cheese and call it a night. Should come in less than 500....it'll be close anyway.

Trig.....good luck bra shopping with DD. Should be an experience!

Gotta fly!
  #2205   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-19, 04:41

BF:

Lori...cool you are loving your Yoga and yea, I bet it is harder than one thinks I know when I bought those classical stretching tapes thinking they would be easy....omg they are so hard! LOL

Lucky you DH wasn't hungry and ya got away easy in the kitchen. always a good thing.

HI to all

Shopping was FUN. Unreal. Kid actually was nice to me and we chatted and had fun. Kid nice to me is actually talking to me, it wasn't just ignoring.....wow....I got a good day like Nicco did with her son the other day HAHA

Bra shopping. omg she was mortified. Lady measured her fast and she is a 36D. yea, 14 yr old but good thing is she is doine growing I am sure at this point. But trying to find the right style/design for her was tough cause we all know bra shopping right? Well the lady was so nice at Victoria Secret but came at kiddo like a freight train and was showing her how to rearrange her boobs in a bra and this and that and kiddo was like beside herself HAHA I found it funny as hell. But she got 4 nice ones that suit her great....now her boobs are where they should be vs. hanging down in sports bras. She likes the 4 she got, only a $110 for 4 on sale...but now she knows real bra shopping and she said she will just send me to the store to pick up new ones of those when she needs them, she has no intention of going bra shopping ever again....yea right....too darn funny actually.

She got good clothes. She hit well and fast in stores. Only spent about 400 total so we did good, she got a lot of stuff to suit her and done deal.

Today is haircuts at 9
off to eyeglass place to tighten her glasses etc....she might want new frames also? we shall see on that
Then to her fav shoe store for new sneakers

then home cause around 2:30 we have to leave for orientation for high school

I wanted more fast day yesterday but ended up eating some. I just got starved. Nice NY strip steak and small salad. I wanted more food then the steak but didn't want to deal with cooking shrimp etc. so I just opted for little unjacked salad. worked out good and simple

so far hanging in there in food dept. Am feeling thinner so that is good

got some type of head cold happening, or sinus? but feels more like a head cold cause I do have that icky tasting cold feeling in my throat. oh well, will survive I am sure

off to get things moving around here. morning gonna go fast I think

great day all
Closed Thread