Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 21:41

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default BACON EGG & CHEESE SANDWICH

Hello there everybody!! This is my recipe for a make bacon egg and cheese sandwhich. I really love them! Pre-Atkins I'd eat it on a nicely toasted and buttered onion bagel for breakfast, they were a real treat for me at the deli on the way to school. Anyways this is how I make my zero carb (although some would argue with that! LoL) and totally induction friendly sandwhiches.

3 eggs
2-3 pieces bacon (ALT: a nice sausage patty)
1-2 slice(s) american cheese
Butter
Some left over bacon/sausage fat
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

First put the oven on broil HI. Then I cook the bacon in a non-stick oven safe sautee pan, cook until done. Drain off excess fat (or save it in a container for later use) allow some to remain. Crack eggs in a bowl and add black pepper, salt, and alittle garlic powder. Pour egg mixture into the pan and stir around alittle (as if you were making an omlet) but then leave it alone. After about 30-60secs transfer the pan into the oven and allow to finish cooking until very lightly browned on top.

When it is done remove from stove and cut down the center remove half of the egg pancake and fold in half to form a triangle. Transfer this triangle to a plate spread with alittle butter and put the bacon/sausage on top. Add the slice(s) of cheese. Remove remaining half egg pancake from pan, fold in half, spread with more butter and then place it on the top of the bacon.

Allow to cool about a minute or until you're able to pick it up with your hands. I eat this just like a real bacon, egg, and cheese sandwhich.

I like it plain but you can certainly toss in a little veggies while the eggs are cooking. Green/Red Peppers and some onion would be good for a southwest touch.

I never count the carbs in the eggs. I also buy zero carb bacon. I don't count the carbs in the slice of cheese either unless the package specifically states it has 1g carb.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 18:46

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

YUM!! Sounds like Breakfast tomorrow!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-04, 23:14

BF:

I'm sure you'll love it. How can you go wrong with bacon, eggs, and cheese! If you want a variation on this and have begun to introduce things like LC tortillas you can just warm the tortilla for 15-30 secs in the microwave, spread it with alittle butter, and pile in the bacon eggs and cheese. I might try it soon too!! Post me back when you try it!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 10:50

Plan: My own?
Stats: 186/166/150 Male 5'6" (66 inches)
BF:20.5%/15%/10%
Progress: 56%

hey that's funny... I add garlic to my eggs too! oh, and some basil. Can't beat the garlic/basil combo
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:34

BF:

Well honestly, I don't really LIKE eggs. Garlic is a great way to help mask the "eggyness" of my eggs. Basil sounds pretty good =)
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-12, 08:07

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 220/220/175 Female 69"
BF:
Progress:
Smile Yum!

Sounds delicious, I'm going to give it a try as I have been looking for good low carb breakfast ideas.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-12, 02:53

Plan: dontknow
Stats: 85/79/73 Male 180
BF:
Progress:

I generally poach 1 egg and put it between an English Muffin with a single slice of American cheese. This is my breakfast almost every day.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-12, 19:47

Plan: none yet
Stats: 187/180/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I always make bacon and egg for my kids' breakfast but not of this atkins type. Thanks for this now I can also enjoy bacon and egg for breakfast with my kids. Thank you very much for sharing.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-13, 02:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I love this! I ate it for three meals in a row. It's filling, tasty, and portable.